Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (725) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257939 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Davidson5(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2021
Pls guys, I need help seriously. I can't booked the TB test online, I have mail them they told me if it is important emergency that I should attach with supporting documents.. what can I do? Can I visit there office there in ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Affam: 9:50pm On Dec 12, 2021
Rollitout:

If you want to travel to Cotonou, I will advise you not to use flight, You can go via Lagos / badagry route to benin republic, just make sure your passport is stamped at the border.

I do not understand...will like to know the significance of the stamping cos I am yet to understand this whole process...

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ecton(m): 9:55pm On Dec 12, 2021
Please for those that got their visas recently, what documents did you upload? Just want to know if it's necessary to upload my CV or just use only the Employer Reference letter.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ecton(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
The visa stamp is the evidence that you've entered the country. That's what you'll show when you arrive UK to prove that you spent 10 days in Cotonou

Affam:

I do not understand...will like to know the significance of the stamping cos I am yet to understand this whole process...

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by nikkytj11: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2021
ecton:
The visa stamp is the evidence that you've entered the country. That's what you'll show when you arrive UK to prove that you spent 10 days in Cotonou

They definitely will stamp at the airport too

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by caleb00(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2021
stephoye:
Good evening to you all. Has anyone here paid for visa fee and IHS with pounds card? I am planning to pay my visa and IHS with UBA pounds gold card and the limit is £3,000 per day

paid for mine with uba dollar card

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by erandpay07: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Same thing applicable to me...guys cn I use OPAY to pay FOR IT and secondly after paying cn I do walk in to the IOM ..Treat as urgent plsPls guys, I need help seriously. I can't booked the TB test online, I have mail them they told me if it is important emergency that I should attach with supporting documents.. what can I do? Can I visit there office there in ikeja?[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by endinpraise907: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2021
Hello family, have you done an interview for M.A social work in a UK institution.. pls stop by here with tips and questions asked... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by FrankFrenzy(m): 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
Good evening,
Pls I need your kind opinion and suggestions concerning Study gap in my visa application.
So Immediately after my NYSC in August 2015, i worked from September 2015 to July 2019 when I resigned and started a business in December 2019 till date.
Though the said footwears outlet isn’t registered yet.
Does this pose a threat to the success of my application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bukiegbegi: 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2021
My only advice is move the admission to York. Less expenses. You can also apply to better schools. YSJ isn’t a top school. This is my honest opinion.
abeysticks:
Good morning great people of nairaland, pls I have questions I want you to help clarify,
I have been given admission to study MBA in York st john university, (YSJ) london though admission was issued last week and I was told that the admission for January 2022 intake is closed now due to the late submission of application , so they said I should pay the deposit into the school account now so that the admission will be defer till September 2022. So my questions are
1. If I didn't pay now , will the school still consider my admission when I plan to pay into the school let say march,
2. How is the school and it environment in terms of securing part time job.
Thanks so much great people
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by erandpay07: 11:26pm On Dec 12, 2021
IOM TB Test appointment for 8:31 AM January 11, 2022, is available at their Lagos branch for those that date may suit.[/quote]
Have bn trying to call dem and book no available dates.can I do walk in with reciept if yes is it with POS or bank receipt or with my atm card.. treat as urgent I need closer dates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bukiegbegi: 11:28pm On Dec 12, 2021
Barclays is awesome for students. They give a subscription to perlego, a vast online library.
Regex:
Please, justwise, Lexusgs430 and every other person that can contribute, I want to know which UK bank is the best for a student. I don't mean online banks like Sterling, Monzo and revolute...

Thank you.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Lullabye(f): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2021
sweetoma:

I think you should take the Bournemouth that has placement, it will be easier to get job. I’m also going to Bournemouth for January

Alright. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 11:41pm On Dec 12, 2021
Very tough. I applied for social work at Liverpool Hope and Manchester Metropolitan University and Lincoln University and adult nursing for two other Uni. For social work (Liverpool Hope and Man Met) it's a written test and oral interview. YouTube has videos to help you how to answer oral interview questions for social Work. Be ready to burn data.Lincoln was just oral interview but it was tougher than other oral interviews. Passed both Man Met and Lincoln interview. For Liverpool Hope I passed the oral interview but failed the written test. However it was my first Social work interview so I just prepared for the rest and passed. The written test is all about using your initiative and unpredictable because you don't even know where to read from . I ended up going for Adult Nursing tho. Goodluck.
endinpraise907:
Hello family, have you done an interview for M.A social work in a UK institution.. pls stop by here with tips and questions asked... Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by candycush(m): 11:47pm On Dec 12, 2021
Tbabz01:
Thanks for replying. Pls see below.
Enrolment Date: 17/Jan/2022
Programme Start Date: 24/Jan/2022
Programme End Date: 31/Jan/2024
CAH Code: Not applicable
Tuition Fee 2021/2 academic year: £9500
Total Fee Due 2021/2 academic year: £9500
Estimated living cost in Newcastle1: £1023 per month.
It's a 2yr program.

DEPOSIT
A minimum non-refundable deposit of £2,000 is typically required to reserve a place on the programme.

By paying the required deposit you are accepting this offer to study at Northumbria University and
agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of offer. Please ensure you are fully aware of the terms and
conditions regarding refunds of deposits before any payments are made.
DEADLINES
The University cannot guarantee to process any late requests for a CAS that we receive, near to the start
of the programme. If we are unable to process your request or we think you will be unable to obtain a visa
in time, we will contact you, to discuss your options. Please pay your deposit, submit your documents
and request your CAS on the applicant portal as soon as possible to avoid any delays.

Please the second letter of "Next Step" attached with my offer letter, I saw a deposit of 5500 to be paid before securing CAS/Visa.

And for the funds, not up to that amount for PoF just want to start running it.
Have not secured an appointment for TB test.
I just got the unconditional offer today.

Please have you gotten your CAS, how long did it take for Northumbria to issue Cas please... someone please help

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by canadaishome: 11:57pm On Dec 12, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:

Check for hotel Albert and Agnes located in Akpakpa, Cotonou. This hotel is located in a leading estate in Cotonou and the lowest price is 8k per night. There are rooms of 10k and above. Was there months backs and I took the 8k room. It is in good shape and comfortable. From this point, any bike man can easily take you to Iya Emma cafeteria. Very popular for Naija food.
Upon landing here, you can then study your exit plan and ask the residents around for advice. Majority understand English peripherally.

Errr
From my experience visiting Cotonou, I wouldn't say majority understand English O
But some of the cab drivers speak broken English but still have your Google translate ready
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by canadaishome: 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
Regex:
Please, justwise, Lexusgs430 and every other person that can contribute, I want to know which UK bank is the best for a student. I don't mean online banks like Sterling, Monzo and revolute...

Thank you.

Halifax
TSB
Lloyds
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by canadaishome: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Rollitout:

If you want to travel to Cotonou, I will advise you not to use flight, You can go via Lagos / badagry route to benin republic, just make sure your passport is stamped at the border.

I agree and it will cost far less

But have 20-25k ready for cab. The driver charged me 22k in April when I traveled to Cotonou. The road is very bad too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bomsilaga(m): 12:28am On Dec 13, 2021
kennykale:

Yes but you have to pay each individual fee separately with their passport number or reference number as narration.

You can also pay as a whole using all passport numbers in the reference.
If reference characters won't contain, simply use the reference of the main applicant.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bomsilaga(m): 12:37am On Dec 13, 2021
LuchiBianca:
York is a very expensive place to live. Rent is almost at per with London. Apply to other unis
then make a choice.

Rent in York and infact the entire Yorkshire is not so expensive and way lower than London and it's boroughs. There are other cities and towns in Yorkshire within 45mins to York St John.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Success2Success: 12:37am On Dec 13, 2021
Good morning guys.

I need your expert advice.

I am currently filling the visa application form for our kids.

My wife is the applicant and the POF in her account is only for her but the POF in my own account is enough for the entire family including her.

We have submitted her application and we stated that she is not responsible for any dependant financially but we are all travelling together - Hope her POF that is only for her won't be an issue? Or does she need to go with my own POF (not yet 28 days), to show as evidence that the kids will be catered for?

On filling the Child dependant visa form, I linked it to her application since they asked for her CAS and course details, does this mean that her POF should reflect enough funds for the kids or I should link them to my own application? I tried linking them to mine, but they asked applicant's specific questions which makes it difficult for me.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by temidayo231: 2:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Good morning all, I applied for MSc in Safety, Health and Environment at University of Salford, I later received a message to create a portfolio for Accredited Prior Experiential Leaning, I need a candid advise on how to go about it. Has anyone on this platform experience such? If you, kindly guide me through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nicerazor(m): 3:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Hi all, for those that have applied to university of Salford. What is the tuition deposit for Salford?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by stephoye: 3:16am On Dec 13, 2021
LuchiBianca:
Absolutely NOT. .
He is qualified for the 2 years post graduate visa. The requirement according to the UKVI is 12 months course or the duration of the course, whichever is shorter
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by FrankFrenzy(m): 3:34am On Dec 13, 2021
FrankFrenzy:
Good evening,
Pls I need your kind opinion and suggestions concerning Study gap[b][/b] in my visa application.
So Immediately after my NYSC in August 2015, i worked from September 2015 to July 2019 when I resigned and started a business in December 2019 till date.
Though the said footwears outlet isn’t registered yet.
Does this pose a threat to the success of my application?

My country people,
Abeg make una help reason my matter o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SirWellington(m): 5:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Hello guys, I applied on the 6th via VFS dubai, I just got collection mail thuis morning, my heart dey pound oooo

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SirWellington(m): 5:51am On Dec 13, 2021
No single nsf mail o, I just got a mail that my passport has been mailed to me. Its a dependant visa, guys what do you think?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 6:41am On Dec 13, 2021
SirWellington:
No single nsf mail o, I just got a mail that my passport has been mailed to me. Its a dependant visa, guys what do you think?
Sir wellington, what do you want us to think. all applications are unique, it;s not every body that get nsf mail,
Just go and pick your Passport and give us a reason to congratulate you.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 6:41am On Dec 13, 2021
Congratulations

Bokoh:
Visa Alert �! Visa Alert �!!. Visa Alert �!!!
Application - November 15th
Biometrics - November 18th
Family of 3, wife primary applicant
Priority application
VAC - Ikeja Tlscontact
NSF mail- 23rd to provide evidence of employment or education because of study gap for the primary applicant. Replied 25th with past and present employment letter.
NSF mail- 30th of Nov to me the dependant partner to provide evidence of subsisting relationship, replied the next day with photos, joint acct statement.
3rd December -Collection mail for primary applicant.
8 December - Collection mail for Dependants.
All visa approved.
While we all try to get information on how to go abt study visa application here, lets not forget that each application hv their peculiarity and is judged with its uniqueness. You dont need to be scared because somebody’s own didnt go tru because of what they didnt do, or that it went tru because of what they did. While you do the right thing jst believe your grace is different.
While i filled the application form, i didnt declare all other visa refusal. I had almost all the major country refusal before. US,UK, Germany, Canada, France. Infact i don talk say i no do again. Then this one came. With what i knw here, I wouldn’t try it not to declare all that. But the SI-UK agent who co-filled the form with me told me not to bother abt others, i should only declare the UK refusal and that we did. To God be the glory we all got issued the visa. My Grace is different, you dont need to use my case to judge your own. What God can do for one, He can do for all under the same or different circumstance.
If God has taken us this far, He will complete the project wether Red list, Omicron or not, we are heading to Salford Manchester

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by sunky2sweet(m): 6:46am On Dec 13, 2021
Nicerazor:
Hi all, for those that have applied to university of Salford. What is the tuition deposit for Salford?
£5500
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2021
FrankFrenzy:

My country people,
Abeg make una help reason my matter o
2015 to now is not enough study gap to keep you awake at night, my brother graduated in 2005, he got his visa without and NSF mail,
where as some others people, whose study gap was not as long get NSF mail,, All applications are unique and treated based on its own merit.
if they request any more info from you, give then what you have, after all, they know unemployment and our country na co-join twins .
you don't necessarily need to be employed all the time, there can be period when people are unemployed

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 6:51am On Dec 13, 2021
Bukiegbegi:
Barclays is awesome for students. They give a subscription to perlego, a vast online library.

Does Lloyd give any advantage ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.