Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (726) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1250709 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 6:52am On Dec 13, 2021
FrankFrenzy:
Good evening,
Pls I need your kind opinion and suggestions concerning Study gap in my visa application.
So Immediately after my NYSC in August 2015, i worked from September 2015 to July 2019 when I resigned and started a business in December 2019 till date.
Though the said footwears outlet isn’t registered yet.
Does this pose a threat to the success of my application?

Nothing to worry about

You can use the 2015 - 2019 one

If you have any way to declare the business you started by way of a letter or transaction evidence

2 years isn’t a long time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mashaunola: 6:53am On Dec 13, 2021
Just saw this now. We need to have a clear cut plan o.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bmuhd4smile: 6:54am On Dec 13, 2021
LuchiBianca:
Absolutely NOT. .

Thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SirWellington(m): 6:58am On Dec 13, 2021
efosakelly:

Sir wellington, what do you want us to think. all applications are unique, it;s not every body that get nsf mail,
Just go and pick your Passport and give us a reason to congratulate you.

Thank you. The reason I asked was to know if others ever got the same message and the likes outcome, I am a bit edgy. Thanks for your reply anyway.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 7:00am On Dec 13, 2021
At what rate, please?

caleb00:

paid for mine with uba dollar card
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Davidson5(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2021
Davidson5:
Pls guys, I need help seriously. I can't booked the TB test online, I have mail them they told me if it is important emergency that I should attach with supporting documents.. what can I do? Can I visit there office there in ikeja?

Good morning guys, nobody seem to reply. Pls this is urgent. I don't know what kind of sham is going at that gra ikeja but this is disgraceful... wow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Naijayumyum: 7:19am On Dec 13, 2021
justwise:
Part 6 is here please continue posting your questions/inquires here,

See part 5 here for references https://www.nairaland.com/6331164/uk-student-visa-tier-4

For more update info visit this website https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/money

Below material from mimilyrics gives you all the info you need

Good day guys, please who is going to Teesside University for January Intake and has received is CAS, I got a reply from UKVI Sponsor, concerning my answers to the mandatory questionnaire. They said my answers were too short and I didn't provide them with the information needed to proceed with my CAS application, So they are giving me another opportunity to complete a new questionnaire. Plz anyone with good knowledge that can help me out,am nervous already because, they said this is will be my last shot.a copy of previous answers was sent to me for refrence purpose. Please guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 7:20am On Dec 13, 2021
Sorry about your experience.

From experience, dates are usually available on Sunday between 8am and 12noon.

All the best.

Davidson5:

Good morning guys, nobody seem to reply. Pls this is urgent. I don't know what kind of sham is going at that gra ikeja but this is disgraceful... wow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Afmaag123: 7:27am On Dec 13, 2021
Please can one use same email address she used for herself for her kids
Good Morning good people
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gloriouscrown: 7:31am On Dec 13, 2021
Bokoh:
Visa Alert �! Visa Alert �!!. Visa Alert �!!!

If God has taken us this far, He will complete the project wether Red list, Omicron or not, we are heading to Salford Manchester

Congratulations to you and your family

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sochiboy: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2021
Yes, you can

Afmaag123:
Please can one use same email address she used for herself for her kids
Good Morning good people

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pattadon: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2021
@justwise, please permit me to ask this question here.
guys, please whats the exchange rate for Naira to CFA.
10,000 naira is how much in Cotonou now?

thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 7:43am On Dec 13, 2021
Your CAS states when you are supposed to start your course. email them your CAS letter if they asked you to send an email. Or Take your CAS along with you to the office and state your case. Please pay before going.
Davidson5:
Pls guys, I need help seriously. I can't booked the TB test online, I have mail them they told me if it is important emergency that I should attach with supporting documents.. what can I do? Can I visit there office there in ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 7:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Well I didn't state its as expensive as London. Of course its lower than London but expensive nonetheless. York, Bath, Cambridge, Oxford, Essex, Brighton are some of England's most expensive cities to live in. Poster should apply to other schools Since the poster missed Jan intake. Theres plenty of time.
bomsilaga:

Rent in York and infact the entire Yorkshire is not so expensive and way lower than London and it's boroughs. There are other cities and towns in Yorkshire within 45mins to York St John.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Who is the main applicant?
Success2Success:
Good morning guys.

I need your expert advice.

I am currently filling the visa application form for our kids.

My wife is the applicant and the POF in her account is only for her but the POF in my own account is enough for the entire family including her.

We have submitted her application and we stated that she is not responsible for any dependant financially but we are all travelling together - Hope her POF that is only for her won't be an issue? Or does she need to go with my own POF (not yet 28 days), to show as evidence that the kids will be catered for?

On filling the Child dependant visa form, I linked it to her application since they asked for her CAS and course details, does this mean that her POF should reflect enough funds for the kids or I should link them to my own application? I tried linking them to mine, but they asked applicant's specific questions which makes it difficult for me.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2021
Very common with regulated courses. Did they give a PDF form that you can fill in the work port folio? 2, do you have experience or knowledge in this field?
temidayo231:
Good morning all, I applied for MSc in Safety, Health and Environment at University of Salford, I later received a message to create a portfolio for Accredited Prior Experiential Leaning, I need a candid advise on how to go about it. Has anyone on this platform experience such? If you, kindly guide me through.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 7:55am On Dec 13, 2021
4400 pounds.
Nicerazor:
Hi all, for those that have applied to university of Salford. What is the tuition deposit for Salford?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dapreal(m): 7:59am On Dec 13, 2021
Hi folks,
Please I need to change the address on my TB certificate, can it be done the same day I paid for the services.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Success2Success: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2021
My wife

LuchiBianca:
Who is the main applicant?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 8:03am On Dec 13, 2021
There's a caveat. It's best poster finds out from his school. 6 months will be termed as a short course even if they are awarding Msc at the end of the course. And for short term course you need a student visitor visa. Only students on general students visa are qualified for PSW.
Please write to your school and ask what visa you will applying for.
stephoye:

He is qualified for the 2 years post graduate visa. The requirement according to the UKVI is 12 months course or the duration of the course, whichever is shorter

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 8:07am On Dec 13, 2021
If she's the main applicant it means you and the kids are applying as her dependant so the money should be in her account. That's the reason they keep asking you questions related to the main applicant.
Success2Success:
My wife

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Success2Success: 8:11am On Dec 13, 2021
Thanks for your response.

But we are not applying all at once.

She has her own POF and has done her application, just about to do biometrics today.

I have the POF for the entire family but not up to 28 days yet.

Now that we are here for her biometrics, do we need to show the POF in my account or not or her own will suffice for her alone?

LuchiBianca:
If she's the main applicant it means you and the kids are applying as her dependant so the money should be in her account.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Monroelee: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2021
Hi guys, which bank is currently fast with Form A processing?. I need it Debited this week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jigga123: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2021
That omicron virus is spreading very fast in their country. A lot of people are contacting it over there. They are even planning of enforcing work at home and other strict measures.
If British done talk na so. Nothing can change their mind until the situation stabilises.

Mashaunola:
Just saw this now. We need to have a clear cut plan o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teeclassicroyal: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2021
canadaishome:

Errr
From my experience visiting Cotonou, I wouldn't say majority understand English O
But some of the cab drivers speak broken English but still have your Google translate ready

That's the more reason I added "peripherally". Dem still dey try. They play host to several people who cannot speak their language hence they have to understand a bit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teeclassicroyal: 8:20am On Dec 13, 2021
Affam:

I do not understand...will like to know the significance of the stamping cos I am yet to understand this whole process...

You are to stamp your passport at the border in order to be acknowledged as a legal traveler. There are other routes but your passport wont be stamped if you go through them. Again, not stamping your passports can raise an unnecessary eyebrow when you get to their airport. They will wonder how you got access to their country. Our case no go be like Sunday Igboho o.

To stamp is generally easy. Just hold like 1k to 2k of your passport has been stamped severally. But if it's a virgin passport, hold like 5k. Again, I repeat, ensure you pass through the border post. When you get to J4, there is every tendency that Okada men will approach you in their numbers, tell them you are going through the border post gan gan.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Teeclassicroyal: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2021
canadaishome:

I agree and it will cost far less

But have 20-25k ready for cab. The driver charged me 22k in April when I traveled to Cotonou. The road is very bad too.

It should cost you lesser. Get to Mile 2, there are cabs that can take each person for 3k-4k all through to Seme Border. At border post, you will have to settle the boys for stamping. Peg that at another 3k to 4k. Upon entering Benin territory, ask for Baba Beji shop. It's very close to the border. The policemen at the border will direct you on how to get there. At Baba Beji shop, they will change your currency for you. 1000 naira will earn you 1100 cfa. At the front of Baba Beji shop, you will see SiM seller and you can get one for 1500. To get reasonable data and credit should cost you like 3k. From there, take cab to your hotel. Before you accept any service, ask people for the average price. Africans tend to cash out when they see people who can't speak the language.

That's all.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by canadaishome: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2021
Teeclassicroyal:

It should cost you lesser. Get to Mile 2, there are cabs that can take each person for 3k-4k all through to Seme Border. At border post, you will have to settle the boys for stamping. Peg that at another 3k to 4k. Upon entering Benin territory, ask for Baba Beji shop. It's very close to the border. The policemen at the border will direct you on how to get there. At Baba Beji shop, they will change your currency for you. 1000 naira will earn you 1100 cfa. At the front of Baba Beji shop, you will see SiM seller and you can get one for 1500. To get reasonable data and credit should cost you like 3k. From there, take cab to your hotel. Before you accept any service, ask people for the average price. Africans tend to cash out when they see people who can't speak the language.

That's all.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I lived on the island hence the charge

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by unknownknowguy: 8:47am On Dec 13, 2021
Best time to get to a 5pm TB appointment?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by unknownknowguy: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 9:09am On Dec 13, 2021
unknownknowguy:
Best time to get to a 5pm TB appointment?

1 Hour b4.

(1) (2) (3) ... (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.