Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (859) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1253591 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rollitout: 11:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
iykedare:

Was there any need for you to get transit visa because Qatar airways would surely make a stop at Qatar before getting to the uk?

No need to get a transit visa provided you aren't leaving the airport for Qatar airways.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dahnyhel(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
They seem to work on the days we call holidays except for weekends which is general. I stand to be corrected though
em7even:

Nope. Today made it 11 working days. I don't how how you people calculate this thing sha but the day you did your biometrics isn't inclusive. 24th to 28th were holidays, 1st to 3rd were holidays. Where did 13 working days come from?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kollinburg: 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2022
meeday07:

Yes u can but I will advice u chill and get a biometric date first b4 u decide from date to print. Someone did his biometric a 3weeks after he submitted his application and Statement he used had already expired. He had to reprint another one a day to his biometric.

Thank u for ur contribution

I have a date for 10th right now so I printed it in case I might be lucky during the walk in in this week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by meeday07(m): 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2022
em7even:

Nope. Today made it 11 working days. I don't how how you people calculate this thing sha but the day you did your biometrics isn't inclusive. 24th to 28th were holidays, 1st to 3rd were holidays. Where did 13 working days come from?

Oga stop saying what u don't know.

They worked on 24 and 31st. Some people even received their visa on 31st. I also have someone who received mail from ukvi on 27th and another person on 28th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by meeday07(m): 11:29pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dahnyhel:
They seem to work on the days we call holidays except for weekends which is general. I stand to be corrected though

You are very correct. Many people receive mail on 27 and 28th we call holiday here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fdhhuytd: 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2022
Good day house
My 6months + pregnant wife and I will be travelling to the UK in 2weeks time,she will be studying while I'm her dependant. Hope there won't be issues with airlines and finding accommodation as regards the pregnancy?
Pls any useful tips for us in this regards will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by anayolity: 11:32pm On Jan 04, 2022
smoochybee1:
UWE, BRISTOL.

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by meeday07(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dahnyhel:

And mind you. The day u did biometric is inclusive. The activities start immediately after your biometric.

Also note that ukvi is different from TLS. TLS might not work on those days (27th and 28th). That why people didn't get collection mail mail or update on the track those days but people get direct message from ukvi on those days.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by meeday07(m): 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dahnyhel:

And mind you. The day u did biometric is inclusive. The activities start immediately after your biometric.

Also note that ukvi is different from TLS. TLS might not work on those days (27th and 28th). That why people didn't get collection mail mail or update on the track those days but people get direct message from ukvi on those days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2022
Dahnyhel:
They seem? I hope you understand what that means. It's not a statement of fact and because of that we go with what is generally obtainable. Except proven otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 11:39pm On Jan 04, 2022
meeday07:

Oga stop saying what u don't know.

They worked on 24 and 31st. Some people even received their visa on 31st. I also have someone who received mail from ukvi on 27th and another person on 28th
Ok! British (Assistant) Deputy High Commissioner.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by meeday07(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
em7even:

Ok! British (Assistant) Deputy High Commissioner.

Pele grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Roserbert(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2022
Pls does all these 1k, 2k 3k schools are giving on tuition count?

Olomojola:

With any form of tuition discount(scholarship) you can get PTA without a return ticket
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Davidson5(m): 12:24am On Jan 05, 2022
I want amend my appointment but I got this...
Will I miss it if I want to return back to the original date? Am looking 6-10 of January

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by franticfargo66: 12:39am On Jan 05, 2022
Good bless your intellect and how you use it.
@justwise too boss.

My advice to the poster making open submissions about the open and blatant circumventing of immigration rules is he should as well consider being just as wise as he is obviously intelligent in his choice of submissions on this forum.

There are many that benefit here, including myself (with existing offers and plans to travel). We will appreciate people's submissions being in line with keeping this place clean and in line with existing laws and regulations so it lasts and others can benefit as the poster obviously has himself.

Resurgent2016:

I think I also share stenon's view that these authorities/agency have a good idea of what is going and to an extent let it slip. That being said I also feel justwise is right in insisted that these "breaking of the rule" be kept off the platform. It serves no ones interest in the long run. No responsible country will sit idly while others openly discuss hw to circumvent their laws.

I recall my wife getting scholarship to study in a particular European country and when she was done she asked the programme manager in charge of the scholarship to schedule her return flight, they were quite surprised because their impression is Nigerians will not return after the programme. But, guess what - this programme has a policy that applicants must return to their country to develop it for at least 2 years (most scholarships also have similar conditions attached explicitly or stated in the scholarship goals). The school knows they dont return, the scholarship managers know too, the government of the country also knows but somehow they let it slip. Nigerians keep topping the list of beneficiaries from africa every year notwitstanding.

Same thing with the motivation letters for admission we write. Many claim to have the intent to come back and develop the country even when they know it's an emigration plan (the school/scholarship board isnt fooled either). They let it slip. If tomorrow though you are openly discussing how the school/scholarship fails to ensure that candidate study goals are credible, the school/scholarship managers may be compelled to make changes that address it. Not because this is just coming to their knowledge, rather its because they have their system openly being derided and need to protect the integrity of the system.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oluwo1: 2:49am On Jan 05, 2022
Please

While filling application, I choose no dependant is coming with me to the UK, Visa has been approved, if I want to apply for my family, do they still qualify for the tier 4 or they'll have to go through the normal visiting visa? If I can apply for tier 4 for them, please advice on steps to take.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by maangel01: 4:49am On Jan 05, 2022
@justwise and others pls advice...

I previously studied in the UK 9years ago but overstayed for 27days and left by myself.

Now I want to apply for a student visa again, should I mention it in the application and will it have an impact on the outcome?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by djsmacker01: 5:49am On Jan 05, 2022
djsmacker01:
Good evening house.
Please I want to clarify this.
Is it when you uploaded/submitted your documents they start counting the pof or After biometric?
Thanks

Someone should answer this question please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 6:13am On Jan 05, 2022
meeday07:

You are very correct. Many people receive mail on 27 and 28th we call holiday here.

some of us don't know how serious these oyinbo people take this their business. they also have we the customers at heart. and they will not want to use the holidays to pile up backlog they are already struggling. lol

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Iferewaju: 6:25am On Jan 05, 2022
djsmacker01:

Someone should answer this question please

Your POF starts counting from the last day of transaction on it (this in most cases is the day it’s printed or downloaded from online).
For example, if u printed ur POF on December 10 and did biometrics on December 20, The ECO will reckon with the December 10 which is still valid because it’s not up to 31days.
Let’s assume u did biometrics on Jan 11 and u have printed since Dec 10, POF is no longer valid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kennykayy: 6:31am On Jan 05, 2022
How long was your study gap?
JenKendall:
I uploaded only my educational documents, POF, TB Cert, and Past Visas/Passports.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sunnepa50: 6:37am On Jan 05, 2022
DuBooVay:
Got mine next day
Pls how are you able to book the TB test I have not been seeing dates pls I need help as I want to do it as soon as possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 6:41am On Jan 05, 2022
You have to get a letter from a doctor declaring her fit to travel or they won't let her board. For accommodation always tell them you have a wife.
fdhhuytd:
Good day house
My 6months + pregnant wife and I will be travelling to the UK in 2weeks time,she will be studying while I'm her dependant. Hope there won't be issues with airlines and finding accommodation as regards the pregnancy?
Pls any useful tips for us in this regards will be highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cutelekush01: 7:10am On Jan 05, 2022
florixi:
I totally disagree with this, your employment letter is confidential. you are not meant to share the details with anyone. Are you saying there are companies that tell people their pay verbally and not in writing? kiss We learn every day.

Not verbally, it might be in a mail or another notes. And as for the bolded it’s very very possible. The only way people get to know this is when colleagues turn friends.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ayoadealli: 7:14am On Jan 05, 2022
Any1 going to university of Plymouth this January let’s link up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by eluquenson(m): 7:35am On Jan 05, 2022
iykedare:

Was there any need for you to get transit visa because Qatar airways would surely make a stop at Qatar before getting to the uk?
I never heard of such, my lay over is just 8hrs.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by geeyoungmoney(m): 7:56am On Jan 05, 2022
geeyoungmoney:
Happy new year... I have a question please

1. I am a fresh graduate yet to go for nysc... can I start processing the masters without NYSC or do I have to go for NYSC before I can start processing studying in the UK

2. I have a first class in chemistry n wanna cross to the biomedical science field.... is there any institution suitable for this

Thanks & a happy new year to y’all

Good morning my bosses.... I want to ask some questions abeg...

1. Can the working while studying sort the remaining installment of the school fee (like 10k pounds)

2. How do y’all schooling survive with just 20hours of work per week? & will work at night
Also count towards the hours

3. UWE Bristol for MSc Biomedical Science for 14k.... is there anyone that can help with first hand information regarding that institution or Any other institution that can be pursued with a fair fee at least.... Strathclyde is 22k seems way too high

Thanks for your input as always... I so much appreciate this forum

(1) (2) (3) ... (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.