Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1256883 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babatee025: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2021
harrrry:
My ATAS is taking forever. I applied since 28th July.

We are already in the same shoe bro, don't know wat else to do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Magnifque01: 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello House,

Anyone going to Sunderland university here?

How long do they take to issue CAS?

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Thanks Man… I did it myself tho. But I am coming from an entirely different background… We all have different things we deal with… But I appreciate your feedback still…

fetomowo:
If you have done your mandatory questionnaire by yourself I doubt this would have happened to you.

I think Teesside will change the approach to actually conducting interviews rather than filling forms. The way our people copy and paste without even applying their minds to it is appalling.

Get in touch with international compliance or international admissions. This same issue is costing the university their reputation as a Higher education provider with track record of compliance.

Our people need to do better.

You can't win the AR. This not an error. There is no new material for you to prove you are a genuine student. Let the uni know and follow their lead.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dejino70: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
lawali:

Pls I am at the point of doing visa application, which location can I choose now-Ikeja/VI or Abuja?

I am based in Lagos but learnt no available dates online and walk-in is cancelled for Ikeja and Lagos. Is it not looking same will be done for Abuja soon.

I need sincere advice on what to do next. Thanks

You can still do walk-in in Ikeja TLS but you should be ready to make some sacrifices like passing the night somewhere close by. They always share numbers tags for walk-in starting from 12am of that day. I will advise that you are there before 12am and get number between 1 and 30. You can then go and come back around 7am to do your walk-in. They always attend to walk-in after the people with appointment for that day, say around 10:30am.

That’s my experience there on Thursday but I was able to have my walk-in done. It’s peak-period now and there’s a rush. There’s no point going by 6am in the morning because numbers would have reached around 60 by then and they may not attend to up to 60 for walk-in in a day. It also depends on how well you and the people around can organize the queue. It you can join hands with others and organize it to ensure that people take their rightful turns then there will be order and many people will be attended to. Best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
[quote author=lawali post=105456790]

Pls how is crowd situation in Abuja? Is walk-in still allowed? Any hope the walk-in will last for some days after Tuesday? I am in crossroads btw staying in Lagos and try VI or travel to Abuja for sure walk -in.

My fear is possible to spend flight n hotel money and still end up with similar situation in Lagos.

Pls I need advise b4 putting head to a location. Thanks

Go to Abuja, I was there on Wednesday, I came around 6:10 am and wrote my name, I was No 8 on the list, after the spill over of yesterday, we were called to come in for the biometrics. So if you go with flight and arrive before 12 noon, just go straight to the TLS and make effort to write your name on the list, so that if you are unable to do same day, you will be certain of the next day as spill-over.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 10:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
Thank You… This is noted and I’ll work on it…

maxi505:
I think you didn't show commitment to come back home after your studies. Show that your aim is only for studies and that nothing matters to you other than your studies and you have home ties with family or your employer in Nigeria (if applicable). Even if you are not going to come back home you still have to show that you will face your studies and come back home.

Talking about jobs, enriching yourself or settling down in the UK is a red flag.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
It’s 2 years (with advanced practice)

delxmaverick:
Thanks Man… The first interview was actually wack… Although they already had their reason before requesting for an interview… Based on the refusal letter, they highlighted some of my errors in the first interview. My mistake was I should have refused to have the first interview cos there was no notification whatsoever.

But why my application was flagged in the first place, TBH, I don’t know…

Thanks Bruh

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 10:56pm On Sep 03, 2021
I tell you… Whoever has it all smooth don’t know what God did for them… They interviewed me twice… an hour for each session… It’s all good… You can send me an email Bruh then I will drop my number.

There is always a second chance…

Punkydude:

I got the non-straight forward mail last week, my priority was supposed to expire on Monday but i had interview yesterday. Oh boy, it lasted for 1hr:25mins. I dont wish for my enemies to go through that. I still honestly dont know why i was flagged though. Can i call you so we say a word or two?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by GeneralFeezy(m): 10:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
Abeg what;s the way forward for one to get a near date for TB test for spouse?
My school is to resume 20th september
My spouse got 29th October for TB test date from IOM website
How can I get an earlier date for her?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
For some reason, anytime I click on the currency converter, it takes time to UBA group page. Can you share this link please?

fetomowo:
If you are booking your flight with Qatar airways, there is a currency converter when you have selected your ticket type. You can use it to know how to pay in Naira.

Pay attention to the instructions on the screenshot below.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dejino70: 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2021
Condolences!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 11:21pm On Sep 03, 2021
koloyewo:
please what were the questions asked

Have you been scheduled for an interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
delxmaverick:
I tell you… Whoever has it all smooth don’t know what God did for them… They interviewed me twice… an hour for each session… It’s all good… You can send me an email Bruh then I will drop my number.

There is always a second chance…

Sent you an email. Please check.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2021
So many questions I will list some

Why did you choose UK
Why did you choose Teesside
Why did you choose your course
Where would you work after your study?
How much do you think you would earn when you start working
Your course modules
Where would you stay during your study?
Do you know the name of the street?
How do your study plans fit into your career?
What information do you know about your course?
Arrangements for living expenses?
What job does my mother do
How much she earn
How long has she been

My Uncle is there also

Where does he work in the UK
How much does he earn in a month
What is the name of his company
What’s the staff strength
What’s the company website

COVID Related
What’s your plan if COVID-19 hits and you can travel?
Have you considered distance learning

Just to mention a few questions ��

At the end, they will ask you if you want to add anything… if not, it’s a good day…

koloyewo:
please what were the questions asked

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by aabiemi: 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2021
Visa alert**visa alert***visa alert
Online application 23rd August
Biometrics:24th August
Collection mail: September 1st
Dhl delivery :September 3.
Looks good yeah...special thanks to the the almighty and @scobyy2007 who carried us through the entire process and I mean that literally without as much as a penny.The man stayed up till 1am working on my application. He is not just selfless but caring. Tracked my application sef pass me...The good Lord bless you. Speed to all others waiting

26 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
GeneralFeezy:
Abeg what;s the way forward for one to get a near date for TB test for spouse?
My school is to resume 20th september
My spouse got 29th October for TB test date from IOM website
How can I get an earlier date for her?
Go there around 7am, explain to the security and tell them to let the person in-charge know. When the man comes to work, they will explain to him your situation, later, you will be called-in

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
Trying to reply you but NL be forming crazy.. Said I have sent too many emails

Punkydude:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 11:36pm On Sep 03, 2021
Let me ask small JJC questions biko cheesy when booking Qatar Airways, there’s an option to select seats, which I picked and it added extra 35 dollars to my tickets (I don’t mind) however, I need clarity from those that booked Qatar Airways directly from the website. After holding my booking, I was told I can’t add my seats, does this mean after I make the payment, I’ll be allocated any seats or I can still pick my preferred seats before I make payment. I hope my question is straightforward, thanks in advance. In addition, if anyone can help with the link to the currency converter on their website, I’ll be glad. Anytime I click on that “click here” it takes me to UBA group website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 11:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
You dig

Punkydude:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2021
I’m sorry for your loss cry. Are you his next of Kin? If you’re, I think the best thing is for you to go to his bank, and ask them. If not, and there’s a way to transfer the money to your own account, please do so. Try to find out your course last date to arrive in the UK, I wish you all the best in this time. Please, accept my condolence.

caleb00:
I need advice, I was using my dads account as POF but my dad died recently and I want to know the best step to take

Would I still be able to get a recent bank statement from his bank or should I send the money to many account and start another 28 days, considering my course starts this month

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2021
delxmaverick:
I have an idea - zero eight zero six eight six eight zero eight zero eight

You dig

Yeah, you can delete the number now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 11:48pm On Sep 03, 2021
caleb00:
I need advice, I was using my dads account as POF but my dad died recently and I want to know the best step to take

Would I still be able to get a recent bank statement from his bank or should I send the money to many account and start another 28 days, considering my course starts this month

I suggest you move the money into your account. The best way to handle UKvi is to provide little information. Before you say JackRobinson
1. When did he die
2. Do you have the death certificate.
3. What was he doing before he died.
4.How much does he earn.
5. Are you his only dependents.

My dear, move the money sharply if you can and never mention your dad in the picture. Its your personal savings.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ericpetters(m): 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello house! Please I have some questions. After visa , whats next? I keep hearing locator firm and day 2 and day 8. Got my visa today. Also can I quarantine at my sister's place in London Befire heading to Sunderland ( my school)

Finally, must I make arrangement for my school's accomodation before leaving ?will I be asked for a proof while travelling. Thanks for the assistance

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2021
All the Glory be unto God Almighty. God is Good - All the time!!!

Congratulations Bro

aabiemi:
Looks good yeah...special thanks to the the almighty and @scobyy2007 who carried us through the entire process and I mean that literally without as much as a penny.The man stayed up till 1am working on my application. He is not just selfless but caring. Tracked my application sef pass me...The good Lord bless you. Speed to all others waiting

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 12:11am On Sep 04, 2021
sorry for your loss man. not sure what you should do, is there still time for another 28 days

caleb00:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by DoubleN(m): 12:21am On Sep 04, 2021
viciouswoman:
@doubleN pls kindly help with the UK email address or phone number..u used..
Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Aikayval: 12:33am On Sep 04, 2021
Punkydude:

This is so true ! You cannot be more correct about this.
I suggest you move the money into your account. The best way to handle UKvi is to provide little information. Before you say JackRobinson
1. When did he die
2. Do you have the death certificate.
3. What was he doing before he died.
4.How much does he earn.
5. Are you his only dependents.

My dear, move the money sharply if you can and never mention your dad in the picture. Its your personal savings.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 1:25am On Sep 04, 2021
caleb00:

Sincere condolences on your dad's passing. May his soul rest in peace.

It is a pity this is happening at a time like this. To be honest once the Bank becomes aware of your dad's passing, they would put a Post No Debit (PND) on his account until they receive a letter of administration(if he died without a Will) or a grant of probate for execution of his Will (if he had a Will) to release the funds in the account to his estate. Either ways, you would not be able to access the funds in his account immediately.

My suggestion...if you do have access to your dad's account and he truly wanted to sponsor you, transfer the funds to your account immediately before the Bank puts a PND on his account and start counting your POF days again. Confirm the deadline for late registration and resumption from your school so that you can be guided for better planning.

I think your immediate family members should be carried along so that you are not accused of trying to pilfer from your dad in future. All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 1:28am On Sep 04, 2021
aabiemi:

Congratulations. Well done @scobyy2007. Quite a number of people have gotten their visas partly because of your selfless gesture.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pattadon: 1:55am On Sep 04, 2021
Fk1987:

The bank called that ukvi sent em email to verify the exact duration of bank statement submitted, that should they go ahead and respond to the email, I gave em go ahead.. Isn't hear say, is real.

Is it FCMB?
They called me too some hours after non straightforward email from Pretoria.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by VickayThrills: 2:02am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello Fam...!

Please, how can someone get criminal records certificate?

Thank you...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by imback(m): 2:21am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello house,

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.