Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,673 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1263670 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2021
That one is not the link to the converter. You only get to convert when you have selected a price already.

izyblaze:
For some reason, anytime I click on the currency converter, it takes time to UBA group page. Can you share this link please?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by labelle27(f): 8:59am On Sep 04, 2021
@ladyIE,pls have you gotten us visa for heriot watt,also does the school requires 50% on enrollment? Pls anybody with info about the school and environs should help ,I need to make a decision before paying .thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2021
bemagnify:

The rate is not stable, the UK visa office use oanda rate. Type on google oanda exchange rate and insert your applicable amount to get the GBP equivalent.
Thank you. Is booking for a TB test possible if the passport is still under processing..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AbuZ0909: 9:09am On Sep 04, 2021
Yes it is very possible, I did that with Bradford and after their review, they offered me one.
quote author=Pacypatty
post=105405410]@All please is it advisable to apply for 2different master courses in the same University? Pls it's urgent
Like first choice course, second choice course. Thank you

Cc Justwise
Cc All[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 9:14am On Sep 04, 2021
bemagnify:

The rate is not stable, the UK visa office use oanda rate. Type on google oanda exchange rate and insert your applicable amount to get the GBP equivalent.
Thank you.Is it possible to apply for the IOM TB test without a valid Passport. Passport has expired but renewal is in process. Trying to fast track the process for my brother travelling in Jan.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Calistadee: 9:27am On Sep 04, 2021
Hello House!
Please can anyone help verify this information.

Is it true that late visa application (for September intake) increases the chances of a refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 10:27am On Sep 04, 2021
Anything after the resumption date stated on your CAS, Yes! Your application must be submitted before or latest on your resumption as stated on your CAS statement.

Once it has passed ask for a deferral or some schools do issue CAS with later resumption date. If you fall into that category, your school must issue you that CAS for late resumption before your application can be positive.

Calistadee:
Hello House!
Please can anyone help verify this information.

Is it true that late visa application (for September intake) increases the chances of a refusal?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amarathripple0: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2021
My good people, University of Northampton has refused to release my CAS, each time I call they say this week, next week. I don tire for their matter. Who else is going to this school and how can I expedite the process, I’ve been having bad dreams about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Calistadee: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
fetomowo:
Anything after the resumption date stated on your CAS, Yes! Your application must be submitted before or latest on your resumption as stated on your CAS statement.

Once it has passed ask for a deferral or some schools do issue CAS with later resumption date. If you fall into that category, your school must issue you that CAS for late resumption before your application can be positive.

thank you. The latest date a student can be accepted is 27th of September. Course start date is 6th. Does that mean I have until 27th to apply?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Magnifque01: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2021
caleb00:
I need advice, I was using my dads account as POF but my dad died recently and I want to know the best step to take

Would I still be able to get a recent bank statement from his bank or should I send the money to many account and start another 28 days, considering my course starts this month

Sorry for the loss.

If you have access to his account kindly transfer funds to yours and start recounting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Padraic: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2021
Padraic:
Good morning guys,

Please has anyone done covid test in lagos?
I would like to know the hospital you did it and how much you paid. Also,, how long it took to get your result.

Thanks

Can anyone help with this??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Magnifque01: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2021
ndidibabe:
January or September entry?

October intake London campus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 11:27am On Sep 04, 2021
ndidibabe:
Thank you. Is booking for a TB test possible if the passport is still under processing..
I don't tink so because there is a form you will fill ur passport number
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Omalichaah: 11:31am On Sep 04, 2021
Please does anyone know the branch of First bank in Lagos that gives PTA same day of application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 11:37am On Sep 04, 2021
I didn’t see it sha. Let me use my pc, maybe it’s cod I’m using phone, or I didn’t check well grin
fetomowo:
That one is not the link to the converter. You only get to convert when you have selected a price already.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 11:38am On Sep 04, 2021
I’ll check again. Thank you
Vecharry:

You select seat before payment. At the point of holding your booking, you would see a currency converter underneath the total fare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dumebi213: 11:39am On Sep 04, 2021
thaprofit88:

Please how did you pay for the kits on the site my union bank and fidelity cards are being declined.

I paid using a uk bank card, I don't know if Nigerian card would work, have you tried using a dollar card?
I think naira cards have $100 limit and £89 is about $128/9

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cletz991(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2021
Pls house can someone not related to you be your sponsor.if yes which documents along with the statement of account does he need to provide for me to apply for Visa
The person owns a company a close friend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Omalichaah: 11:56am On Sep 04, 2021
Omalichaah:
Please does anyone know the branch of First bank in Lagos that gives PTA same day of application?
please can someone answer this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by luckygirl02(f): 12:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
fetomowo:
If you have done your mandatory questionnaire by yourself I doubt this would have happened to you.

I think Teesside will change the approach to actually conducting interviews rather than filling forms. The way our people copy and paste without even applying their minds to it is appalling.

Get in touch with international compliance or international admissions. This same issue is costing the university their reputation as a Higher education provider with track record of compliance.

Our people need to do better.

You can't win the AR. This not an error. There is no new material for you to prove you are a genuine student. Let the uni know and follow their lead.

You can't possibly say for sure he didn't fill his mandatory questionnaire himself. He wasn't scheduled for interview yet he was called. Are you trying to say you can remember everything in your questionnaire if you get called suddenly for an interview. Especially one that last for almost an hour. How do you even convince a visa officer, who already flagged your application without any preparation?

What we need to do better on, is passing blame games.

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Olab92: 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2021
Dear Gurus in the house, please what is the procedure for paying for IHS fee with barter by flutter waves cos I’m not see in the payment option on the app. Thanks as I await your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 12:26pm On Sep 04, 2021
[quote author=luckygirl02 post=105480057]

You can't possibly say for sure he didn't fill his mandatory questionnaire himself. He wasn't scheduled for interview yet he was called. Are you trying to say you can remember everything in your questionnaire if you get called suddenly for an interview. Especially one that last for almost an hour. How do you even convince a visa officer, who already flagged your application without any preparation?

[/quote

People are quick to judge , without knowing that not everyone are good with interview skills and most times have to be prepared . But I guess it’s safe to say , everyone should prepare for an interview because we wouldn’t know who would be called .

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ayoope(f): 12:38pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hello Elders,

Cc: Justwise, scobyy2007

Good afternoon.
Pls share your thoughts,

28th August : Hubby's admission was confirmed after series of interviews.

Tuition deposit confirmed and reflected on his student portal this morning.

School resumes: 7th Oct

Programme: PhD

Yet to receive CAS/questionnaire, we heard it may likely take couple of days/weeks to a month.

Should we be worried with the timing, because it very likely we'll be in Nigeria when classes resume 7th of Oct.

Will the delay affect our Visa application in any way?

PhD admission is yearly, so if he defers nah till October 2022 which is farrrrr.

We've been reading through the threads and beginning to panic.

There's an option to join classes online, he's considering that and then join physical classes later in October when Visa runs is finalised.

Uni: University of Essex

Please advise �
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by worry357: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
luckygirl02:

The simple answer to the bolded is,
If you are telling the truth it's easy to remember what you said!

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 12:52pm On Sep 04, 2021
Boss..All Glory be to God Almighty!!!

Thank you for the words of encouragement!

Ebalafaa:

Congratulations. Well done @scobyy2007. Quite a number of people have gotten their visas partly because of your selfless gesture.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by scobyy2007: 12:56pm On Sep 04, 2021
Well, the school should have a late resumption policy or guideline. I think you need to look that up. I will also suggest that you leverage on the option of online classes. I think you guys should be fine.!!!

ayoope:
Hello Elders,

Cc: Justwise, scobyy2007

Good afternoon.
Pls share your thoughts,

28th August : Hubby's admission was confirmed after series of interviews.

Tuition deposit confirmed and reflected on his student portal this morning.

School resumes: 7th Oct

Programme: PhD

Yet to receive CAS/questionnaire, we heard it may likely take couple of days/weeks to a month.

Should we be worried with the timing, because it very likely we'll be in Nigeria when classes resume 7th of Oct.

Will the delay affect our Visa application in any way?

PhD admission is yearly, so if he defers nah till October 2022 which is farrrrr.

We've been reading through the threads and beginning to panic.

There's an option to join classes online, he's considering that and then join physical classes later in October when Visa runs is finalised.

Uni: University of Essex

Please advise �

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by CSPb: 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2021
Those that have book day 2 and 8 test, should avail us necessary information on this.
1. Lab
2. Amount
2. Payment method

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pacypatty(f): 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2021
AbuZ0909:
Yes it is very possible, I did that with Bradford and after their review, they offered me one.
quote author=Pacypatty

Thank you

post=105405410]@All please is it advisable to apply for 2different master courses in the same University? Pls it's urgent
Like first choice course, second choice course. Thank you

Cc Justwise
Cc All
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Moshabiola: 1:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Omalichaah:

I thought you need a return ticket before you can get a PTA or BTA from any bank or has it changed?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by greenbackboogie(m): 1:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
Good afternoon all.
Can somebody give me a total breakdown of the cost from IHS down to biometrics (I intend to do 5 days processing). That way I know what cost I am to keep in mind. I would be greatful. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
greenbackboogie:
Good afternoon all.
Can somebody give me a total breakdown of the cost from IHS down to biometrics (I intend to do 5 days processing). That way I know what cost I am to keep in mind. I would be greatful. Thanks

Visa 498 dollars
Ihs 1008dollars
Priority 220 pounds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2021
vivvica:

Visa 498 dollars
Ihs 1008dollars
Priority 220 pounds

This IHS fee will only apply if he is going for a one year course.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.