Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1257818 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by viciouswoman(f): 7:18pm On Sep 03, 2021
Can somebody pls help me with the phone number and email address of the UKVI..pls i want to send a paid email or phone call. Did my biometrics on the 25th of August PIORITY application and I haven't heard anything from them not a single email and my application still at DMC...pls help .thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by done2020: 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2021
@ Bibahb

The same issue. i recevied email that my application is not straightforward on monday 31st.
Another email the same day to send my birth certificate. documents send within ten minis
Biometrics 25th Aug
Dependants of 2.
Priority appplication
My Husband is in UK with student visa
Notthing till now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by viciouswoman(f): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
DoubleN:
VISA Alert* VISA Alert*VISA Alert*VISA Alert

Grateful to the almighty God who knows the end of a thing before it even begins. The all-knowing and all-sufficient God!

Family of 5.
CAS Issued: 6th of August 2021
Visa Application: 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th of August 2021 (Applied till about 3 am in the morning)
Biometrics: 9th of August 2021 (Walk-in at TLS Ikeja). Got there with my Family by 4 am and left by about 11:30 am.
Main Applicant: Priority
Dependants: Standard.
Main Applicants Passport Collection email 2:23 pm 17th of August 2021, Passport collected 17th of August 2:50 pm.
Dependants Collection email 3:56 pm 1st of September 2021, Passport collected 10 am 2nd of September 2021pm.

Many of those who applied as a family with the main applicant as priority and dependants as standard all got their passports on the same date as the main applicant. However, this was not our case and it was a very long 17 working days. Made several phone calls to UKVI and One Paid email during this period. I suspect the TLS guy in Ikeja didn't do something right as during the biometric he mentioned something about linking our application together. O Well, that's all in the past now.

Also noticed that the main applicant's decision was in Pretoria while the dependants were done in Abu Dhabi.

No Non-Straight Forward email.
No Interview.

Advice
A small tip for those who will be making calls to UKVI based on my own experience. Use Skype for this and load about $10. Calls from Skype to UK numbers is about $0.075. While I noted that using this process, my Debit Card was never charged for any call.

Except your middle name is patience, please do PRIORITY!!!.

We thank God for helping us through this journey and thanks to all the positive contributors on this platform. For those awaiting a decision, your expectation will not be cut short in Jesus Name. Amen!

Pls DoubleN, help I need the phone number and email address of UKVI .kindly put me through.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by maxi505: 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
I think you didn't show commitment to come back home after your studies. Show that your aim is only for studies and that nothing matters to you other than your studies and you have home ties with family or your employer in Nigeria (if applicable). Even if you are not going to come back home you still have to show that you will face your studies and come back home.

Talking about jobs, enriching yourself or settling down in the UK is a red flag.

delxmaverick:
Hi Guys! I need help regarding my visa application. I already submitted and my application was refused on the ground that they are aren’t sure I will actually study when I get to the UK.

I was interviewed twice… first interview was not scheduled while the second one was. The questions they asked were 90% similar. And TBH guys, the first interview wasn’t good enough but I quickly prepared myself for the second interview but unfortunately they didn’t use that to assess me.

Now the issue is I am being asked to request for administrative review which is kinda new to me… I would appreciate assistance on

1. How to make a valid argument in my review
2. Or should I just forget it and focus on a new application
3. What are the implications if I don’t review the decision
4. And may I ask what is the success rate of administrative review…
5. Can I still apply at Teesside or a different school would be better for January admission

I have more questions but let me stop here first…

I need help o…
Thanks Guys!

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
viciouswoman:
Can somebody pls help me with the phone number and email address of the UKVI..pls i want to send a paid email or phone call. Did my biometrics on the 25th of August PIORITY application and I haven't heard anything from them not a single email and my application still at DMC...pls help .thank you

Have you been denied visa before?

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 7:37pm On Sep 03, 2021
emmynent:
hello bro, during my application, I picked yes for that answer, I thought it was referring to my school application and in my cas, they wrote English qualification of B2.
What do you think I can do?

Same here , I picked yes oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by maxi505: 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
You will hear from them by next week.
Those who did August 10 got email on 1st of September, August 11 got yesterday, August 12th got today while August 13 will hear from them by 6th or 7th of September.

I wish you success.

Ekwysany:

Congratulations!
My biometric was on the 13th August standard, at Abuja TLS and it is still at DCM. Any 13th here who has received?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Yancy(m): 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
A question please, during the visa application process, is it ok for the dependent to upload the same copy of statement of account as the main applicant who has the fund lodged in his/her account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
Thanks Man… The first interview was actually wack… Although they already had their reason before requesting for an interview… Based on the refusal letter, they highlighted some of my errors in the first interview. My mistake was I should have refused to have the first interview cos there was no notification whatsoever.

But why my application was flagged in the first place, TBH, I don’t know…

Thanks Bruh

Kenny4smart:

It's a pity but hope isn't lost. However,can you think of any possible reason why they are doubtful of your claim of actually going for study? or can you think of any misleading information in your application?

By the way, how many years course??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hawtie: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
Calm down...I did my biometric on the 25th of August too at Ikeja and I received a decision mail this evening. Hopefully, you will receive mail on Monday morning.

viciouswoman:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kapaskii(m): 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2021
Congratulations
onidodo:
VISA ALERT!!!!!!!

Praise the good Lord, Jehovah with me, my visa application is successful approved!

Application date....21/08/2021

Biometric date 24/08/2021

Type.... priority (VI)

Decision mail....31/08/2021

Collected....03/09/2021(DHL)

No non straightforward mail.

@scobyy2007: thank you for enlightenment at the right time.

A million thanks to all nairalanders for various contributions which have positive effects on my application.

To all expectant visa applicants, I wish you the very best.
Please don't close mouth, a closed mouth is a closed destiny. Ask.,....and you shall receive.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dettolgel: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2021
Please which school can I apply for January admission with low tuition fee for my cousin.

She is currently applying to ARU college.

She wants a postgraduate/msc in IT or data science relate program.

We prefer a 18 months or 2 years course because of her grade and the cost.

please note that:

She has a 3rd class B. Eng

She is using NECO for her o level.

Your suggestions are highly appreciated.

I really need to leave this January thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebalafaa: 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2021
Infograwads:
Silent reader

Applied for a family of (3) Main applicant (Mother) & two dependents (Children) Priority - Abuja

Applied 13th August
Biometrics and document upload 24th August
TLC Passport Pickup mail 1st September
DHL Delivery 2nd September

No mails from UKVI
Visa application successful. We all got our visas.

The one week seemed like one year.

Attending UOM? hola back

Congratulations @Infograwads. Can you please accept my request to email you? I would like to get clarity on your dependents' visa applications.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Clarine: 8:57pm On Sep 03, 2021
maxi505:
You will hear from them by next week.
Those who did August 10 got email on 1st of September, August 11 got yesterday, August 12th got today while August 13 will hear from them by 6th or 7th of September.

I wish you success.

You are right. My sister did on the 13th asked her to go to Ikeja to day to know what’s up and they told her her collection date is Monday. That it’s in batches.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2021
delxmaverick:
Thanks Man… The first interview was actually wack… Although they already had their reason before requesting for an interview… Based on the refusal letter, they highlighted some of my errors in the first interview. My mistake was I should have refused to have the first interview cos there was no notification whatsoever.

But why my application was flagged in the first place, TBH, I don’t know…

Thanks Bruh

I got the non-straight forward mail last week, my priority was supposed to expire on Monday but i had interview yesterday. Oh boy, it lasted for 1hr:25mins. I dont wish for my enemies to go through that. I still honestly dont know why i was flagged though. Can i call you so we say a word or two?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Experience4u(m): 9:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
Try Teesside University
dettolgel:
Please which school can I apply for January admission with low tuition fee for my cousin.

please note that:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by duvocharrison: 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2021
Pls house I need the paid email or phone for uk
I applied standard on 6th August with my 2kids dependants visa.my 2 kids Visa are out successful but mine is still at DMC no mail at all from them concerning mine .I am so worried pls advise. Application was done at once thesame application 3 of us ooo I dont just understand why my kids own came back since last wk friday while mine is still pending.
Pls house help me with there number and email. Note hubby is in UK already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by duvocharrison: 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2021
[Mine since 6augt nothing atall but my kids own are out succcesful but mine still pending no mail at all from them concerning mine. So worried

quote author=done2020 post=105461881]@ Bibahb

The same issue. i recevied email that my application is not straightforward on monday 31st.
Another email the same day to send my birth certificate. documents send within ten minis
Biometrics 25th Aug
Dependants of 2.
Priority appplication
My Husband is in UK with student visa
Notthing till now.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hustla(m): 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
Experience4u:
Try Teesside University

shocked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Verifiedlu: 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2021
Guys....please how do I continue with my application and services on TLS from here

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by johnsonsegxy: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
Who don use this lab for Covid-19 test before?

Safety molecular pathology lab lagos

No.11 Ogundana Street, Allen Ave, Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sayhi: 9:28pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dear Nairalanders I am trying to pick an appointment for priority on TLS for Abuja centre the date is not selecting. What should I do?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by koloyewo: 9:31pm On Sep 03, 2021
Punkydude:

I got the non-straight forward mail last week, my priority was supposed to expire on Monday but i had interview yesterday. Oh boy, it lasted for 1hr:25mins. I dont wish for my enemies to go through that. I still honestly dont know why i was flagged though. Can i call you so we say a word or two?
please what were the questions asked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by lookers191: 9:34pm On Sep 03, 2021
Attention to details is very key. These are some seemingly negligible factors that contributes to visa success.
Your intro and conclusion are actually conflicting.

That said, for that career switch, you need to honestly answer these questions
*why are you changing?
*how many years of IT related work experience do you have?
*have you written a convincing SOP already that can convince yourself that you'll get an admission?
*I wish people would stop searching for cheap schools ad education abroad especially the UK is not for the faint hearted.

You can look up unis that accepts 3rd class
SHU
MMU
Bournemouth
There are actually tons of them but another thing is for them to have a January start date for your desired course.

As long as your budgetary planning is OK, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Cheers.

dettolgel:

please note that:

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 9:39pm On Sep 03, 2021
I guess we interpret English reading differently smiley

justwise:

I’m not sure you read the post you quoted properly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by latinahola: 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
Fk1987:

The bank called that ukvi sent em email to verify the exact duration of bank statement submitted, that should they go ahead and respond to the email, I gave em go ahead.. Isn't hear say, is real.

Do they do this for everyone?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 9:40pm On Sep 03, 2021
duvocharrison:
Pls house I need the paid email or phone for uk
I applied standard on 6th August with my 2kids dependants visa.my 2 kids Visa are out successful but mine is still at DMC no mail at all from them concerning mine .I am so worried pls advise. Application was done at once thesame application 3 of us ooo I dont just understand why my kids own came back since last wk friday while mine is still pending.
Pls house help me with there number and email. Note hubby is in UK already

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/something-else/english
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bourne007(m): 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2021
Admin review is basically to prove them wrong and based on ST5.1 immigration rules, you can't submit additional documents. Refused on the grounds of not being genuine student is extremely difficult to overturn using Admin review. Unless the school understands and willing to re-issue CAS, I will suggest you try another univ for the next intake.

All the best mate

delxmaverick:
Hi Guys! I need help regarding my visa application. I already submitted and my application was refused on the ground that they are aren’t sure I will actually study when I get to the UK.

I was interviewed twice… first interview was not scheduled while the second one was. The questions they asked were 90% similar. And TBH guys, the first interview wasn’t good enough but I quickly prepared myself for the second interview but unfortunately they didn’t use that to assess me.

Now the issue is I am being asked to request for administrative review which is kinda new to me… I would appreciate assistance on

1. How to make a valid argument in my review
2. Or should I just forget it and focus on a new application
3. What are the implications if I don’t review the decision
4. And may I ask what is the success rate of administrative review…
5. Can I still apply at Teesside or a different school would be better for January admission

I have more questions but let me stop here first…

I need help o…
Thanks Guys!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Sayhi: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2021
Dear Nairalanders, I have been trying to select a date for my Biometrics for Priority on TLS site for Abuja and I can't select the date. What should I do?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Punkydude: 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello House,

I wanted to ask, if your VISA is refused, can you still start your classes online?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Narhym(m): 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
hi boss...i want to ask if you study in university of huddersfield. i was offered admission recemtly. Probably you can answer some of my qstns thanks
Pattadon:
https://www.hud.ac.uk/media/assets/document/international/immigration/EC-How-to-complete-StudentVisa-online-application-outside-UK-non-ACL-Oct2020.pdf
OR

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/international/immigration/tier4/applying/entryclearance/ecapplicationguide/permission_to_enter_ec_app_guidance_oct_2020_final.pdf

I used this in filling my Visa Application form and I would recommend it for everyone.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by caleb00(m): 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2021
I need advice, I was using my dads account as POF but my dad died recently and I want to know the best step to take

Would I still be able to get a recent bank statement from his bank or should I send the money to many account and start another 28 days, considering my course starts this month

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.