Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1272882 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Austinadex(m): 2:24am On Sep 04, 2021
Please, How can I pay for my accommodation into a UK account from Nigeria.... I have Dollar account. Please, it's kinda urgent

Shld I buy dollar from aboki and pay from my dollar account and they will deduct the pounds equivalent... Or how please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 2:50am On Sep 04, 2021
Pattadon:

Is it FCMB?
They called me too some hours after non straightforward email from Pretoria.
Globus bank.. Av you been given visa after ur interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pattadon: 3:08am On Sep 04, 2021
Fk1987:

Globus bank.. Av you been given visa after ur interview?
No interview. Just a call from Fcmb. And non straightforward mail from Ukvi.
I did my biometrics on Tuesday so I will wait till next week Friday before contacting them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by emmynent(m): 3:33am On Sep 04, 2021
nawa oo.
Bro, wetin you dey reason? No cause for alarm shey?
vivvica:

Same here , I picked yes oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by viciouswoman(f): 4:12am On Sep 04, 2021
Fk1987:

Have you been denied visa before?

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

NO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 4:18am On Sep 04, 2021
Pattadon:

No interview. Just a call from Fcmb. And non straightforward mail from Ukvi.
I did my biometrics on Tuesday so I will wait till next week Friday before contacting them.

ok. Is just this Tuesday or last week Tuesday being 24th August?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samint1: 5:26am On Sep 04, 2021
I was able to do the TB test at IOM Abuja in Tuesday afternoon traveling to Abuja and doing manual booking on Monday afternoon.
As for payment, we went to the bank to make payment in Abuja (Standard Chartered) but we were told IOM no longer take bank deposits.
We finally did online transfer, paid for individual family members separately by including each person's reference number in the remarks part of the transaction. (Use internet banking or mobile app for this as you may not be able to do it using mobile code transfer)
After successful payment for each family members, just print out your receipt and take to the test centre on the day of the test.
Hope this answers your questions?

[1quote author=Tonybod post=105450650]Hello, please have you gotten an answer for this,also in the same dilemma.
[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by caleb00(m): 5:30am On Sep 04, 2021
Ebalafaa:

Sincere condolences on your dad's passing. May his soul rest in peace.

It is a pity this is happening at a time like this. To be honest once the Bank becomes aware of your dad's passing, they would put a Post No Debit (PND) on his account until they receive a letter of administration(if he died without a Will) or a grant of probate for execution of his Will (if he had a Will) to release the funds in the account to his estate. Either ways, you would not be able to access the funds in his account immediately.

My suggestion...if you do have access to your dad's account and he truly wanted to sponsor you, transfer the funds to your account immediately before the Bank puts a PND on his account and start counting your POF days again. Confirm the deadline for late registration and resumption from your school so that you can be guided for better planning.

I think your immediate family members should be carried along so that you are not accused of trying to pilfer from your dad in future. All the best.

Thanks for all the advice and condolences, I’ve started transferring the money. From the numerous advice provided, that’s the best option. I’ve also contacted the uni on the best approach to take

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 5:41am On Sep 04, 2021
izyblaze:
Let me ask small JJC questions biko cheesy when booking Qatar Airways, there’s an option to select seats, which I picked and it added extra 35 dollars to my tickets (I don’t mind) however, I need clarity from those that booked Qatar Airways directly from the website. After holding my booking, I was told I can’t add my seats, does this mean after I make the payment, I’ll be allocated any seats or I can still pick my preferred seats before I make payment. I hope my question is straightforward, thanks in advance. In addition, if anyone can help with the link to the currency converter on their website, I’ll be glad. Anytime I click on that “click here” it takes me to UBA group website.

You select seat before payment. At the point of holding your booking, you would see a currency converter underneath the total fare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 5:57am On Sep 04, 2021
UBA sef na wa.

UBA wanted to give me heart attack.

I paid my school fees deposit using UBA as advise by the elders of this thread. That UBA deposits to UK schools reflects same day.

I paid since tuesday but I havent gotten debited. "UBA WEY EVERYBODY DA TAKE COUNT SCORES LIKE ARSENAL, DEM DA USE AM FOR SCHOOL FEES DEPOSIT AND E DA REFLECT SAME DAY, E REACH MY TURN NOW NA OVER 4 DAYS"

My village people were telling me to fund my Forex account with my school fees deposit. Lolz but God pass dem.

I received an email last night that the deposit has gone through. Funny enough my school just sent me an email few mins ago citing that I am yet to pay my school fees deposit.

I was charged at the rate of 580.8/GBP, this includes all the associated bank charges.

Abeg my I go drink chill water, thank God I am for January intake smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 6:05am On Sep 04, 2021
Is GTB dom card still giving issues?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 6:09am On Sep 04, 2021
delxmaverick:
So many questions I will list some

Why did you choose UK
Why did you choose Teesside
Why did you choose your course
Where would you work after your study?
How much do you think you would earn when you start working
Your course modules
Where would you stay during your study?
Do you know the name of the street?
How do your study plans fit into your career?
What information do you know about your course?
Arrangements for living expenses?
What job does my mother do
How much she earn
How long has she been

My Uncle is there also

Where does he work in the UK
How much does he earn in a month
What is the name of his company
What’s the staff strength
What’s the company website

COVID Related
What’s your plan if COVID-19 hits and you can travel?
Have you considered distance learning

Just to mention a few questions ��

At the end, they will ask you if you want to add anything… if not, it’s a good day…

Hope they informed you before you were interviewed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Verifiedlu: 6:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Good morning all, please how do I book for appointment and upload my docs.....no date is coming up on TLS site....is there something I'm not doing right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pattadon: 7:03am On Sep 04, 2021
Fk1987:

ok. Is just this Tuesday or last week Tuesday being 24th August?
31st
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by aragbaboy: 7:05am On Sep 04, 2021
GeneralFeezy:
Abeg what;s the way forward for one to get a near date for TB test for spouse?
My school is to resume 20th september
My spouse got 29th October for TB test date from IOM website
How can I get an earlier date for her?

Send an email to them. Explaining your situation. Attached your unconditional offer from the university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 7:13am On Sep 04, 2021
Pattadon:

31st

You still have time na.. Isn't quite long.. Chill you will get ur decision mail.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 7:32am On Sep 04, 2021
My brother is travelling to UK in January. Please for the Proof of Fund, what is the standard exchange rate that can be used.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Verifiedlu: 7:34am On Sep 04, 2021
Verifiedlu:
Good morning all, please how do I book for appointment and upload my docs.....no date is coming up on TLS site....is there something I'm not doing right?

Can someone please help with this? So I can prepare to travel for the Biometrics tomorrow.....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 7:39am On Sep 04, 2021
Babatee025:

We are already in the same shoe bro, don't know wat else to do
Is ATAS required in all cases?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Padraic: 7:41am On Sep 04, 2021
Good morning guys,

Please has anyone done covid test in lagos?
I would like to know the hospital you did it and how much you paid. Also,, how long it took to get your result.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Chysunshine1: 7:43am On Sep 04, 2021
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT

Application -9th August

Biometric -11th August -Standard VI

Collection Mail-2nd September

Pick Up Date- 3rd September and my visa was sitting pretty.

Newcastle Upon Tyne here I come

Fully Funded Scholarship by Newcastle University

My mouth is full of thanksgiving to God and my beloved Nairalanders .Like some one said , you don't know what God has done for you if your application doesn't have a hitch.

@Scobby @justwise, many honorable men and women on this platform,I can not repay you guys at all.

Please which way forward oo, na only flight I don book, please assist with next line of actions.

[quote author=Aikayval post=105469145][/quote]

26 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fountain67: 7:44am On Sep 04, 2021
Good morning, People!
I'm asking for a brother. He is trying to pick an appointment date on TLS Abuja site but he can't even see clickable slot.

Please, someone should help. Is this normal? Is there something he is not doing right?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 7:50am On Sep 04, 2021
Magnifque01:
Hello House,

Anyone going to Sunderland university here?

How long do they take to issue CAS?

Thanks
January or September entry?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by duvocharrison: 7:53am On Sep 04, 2021
[quote author=imback post=105470131]Hello house,

In a bit of dilemma and I need advice.

My parents “sponsored” my masters here in the UK as I used their statement and letter for funds.

Now I want to bring my wife and kids. I understand I have to be the sponsor in this case.

Do I need to show proof of my own maintenance funds together with theirs or can I just have only money to cover their maintenance in my account?

Also, will they ask the source of funds if I magically have £20k in my account as a student?

Thanks

Pay the moni to your wife act let her use her own statement but let the moni be there for 28days the funds will cover her and the kids maintenance abt 3.5 to 4m each depending on oando rate. That's how my fnd did her own
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2021
emmynent:
nawa oo.
Bro, wetin you dey reason? No cause for alarm shey?

Lol i wouldn’t know
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 7:57am On Sep 04, 2021
Austinadex:
Please, How can I pay for my accommodation into a UK account from Nigeria.... I have Dollar account. Please, it's kinda urgent

Shld I buy dollar from aboki and pay from my dollar account and they will deduct the pounds equivalent... Or how please?

If you are paying via card, you can download barter for flutter wave or get UBA DOLLAR Africard. When paying, the amount will automatically convert to USD.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by GodIsAble85(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2021
Chysunshine1:
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT

Application -9th August

Biometric -11th August -Standard VI

Collection Mail-2nd September

Pick Up Date- 3rd September and my visa was sitting pretty.

Newcastle Upon Tyne here I come

Fully Funded Scholarship by Newcastle University

My mouth is full of thanksgiving to God and my beloved Nairalanders .Like some one said , you don't know what God has done for you if your application doesn't have a hitch.

@Scobby @justwise, many honorable men and women on this platform,I can not repay you guys at all.

Please which way forward oo, na only flight I don book, please assist with next line of actions.

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Aikayval: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2021
bemagnify:
UBA sef na wa.

UBA wanted to give me heart attack.

I paid my school fees deposit using UBA as advise by the elders of this thread. That UBA deposits to UK schools reflects same day.

I paid since tuesday but I havent gotten debited. "UBA WEY EVERYBODY DA TAKE COUNT SCORES LIKE ARSENAL, DEM DA USE AM FOR SCHOOL FEES DEPOSIT AND E DA REFLECT SAME DAY, E REACH MY TURN NOW NA OVER 4 DAYS"

My village people were telling me to fund my Forex account with my school fees deposit. Lolz but God pass dem.

I received an email last night that the deposit has gone through. Funny enough my school just sent me an email few mins ago citing that I am yet to pay my school fees deposit.

I was charged at the rate of 580.8/GBP, this includes all the associated bank charges.

Abeg my I go drink chill water, thank God I am for January intake smiley
Which school ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 8:03am On Sep 04, 2021
ndidibabe:
My brother is travelling to UK in January. Please for the Proof of Fund, what is the standard exchange rate that can be used.?

The rate is not stable, the UK visa office use oanda rate. Type on google oanda exchange rate and insert your applicable amount to get the GBP equivalent.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2021
[quote author=Aikayval post=105473625][/quote]

University of Law
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Austinadex(m): 8:17am On Sep 04, 2021
Can I pay with my card?

I thought I would have to go to the bank to send it

bemagnify:

If you are paying via card, you can download barter for flutter wave or get UBA DOLLAR Africard. When paying, the amount will automatically convert to USD.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ndidibabe(f): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2021
Is it possible to apply for the IOM TB test without a valid Passport. Passport has expired but renewal is in process. Trying to fast track the process for my brother travelling to Newcastle University.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.