Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? (5544 Views)

"He Left Me Because I Was Ugly" — Lady Shares Transformation Photos / ‘Good Men Still Exist, They Are Only Ugly’ – Lady Says / I'm An Ugly Lady But I'm Attracted To Only Extremely Good Lookin Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by AfroKnight: 9:10am On Aug 22, 2021
Lollittaa:

when you stop looking at the face and pay more attention to how people behave, you realise there are no ugly faces, just ugly minds undecided

You are bent on believing a lie. Maybe it helps you cope sha.

Ugly girls know they are ugly anyway, no matter the lies friends like you would tell them. That’s why some of them enhance their looks with surgery or makeup. They even have a permanent camera angle for taking selfies. Some cannot do without filters. They know the truth and compensate for it.

If you can look at an amateur’s drawing and determine that it is not fine then why can’t a human being’s appearance be assessed the same way? You look at a man’s physique and say he’s hot but you don’t say the same for another man who has a different build. That shows you have made relative assessments.

Some people are attracted by rugged features same way people love to drink bitter-tasting stout. But looking beyond the facial features doesn’t mean the face is aesthetically pleasing. It only means you do not consider it a factor in whole picture. And that’s fine. But ugly people dey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by blinking001(m): 9:37am On Aug 22, 2021
yvonncute:
. Most times it is not always about the looks or physical appearance, it is way beyond that, the spiritual controls the physical.
I don't understand, throw more light
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by bepositive11: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
bodybuilder:
When I say ugly, I'm not talking about average looking, I'm talking objectively ugly. This is not an insult, you didn't create yourself any way. What are daily experiences or life experiences from being ugly? Do you ever get toasted by guys? Do you get catcalled? How has it affected your life? Any advantages?

No derailing. I'd like to hear from the ladies.

No one is ugly. If someone feels that they're ugly, they have issues. People need to learn to love and accept themselves
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Whoopy: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Hello
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Greatzeus(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
" Among the women,none is ugly,among the men,none is old".. Oliver Goldsmith ( She stoop to Conquer).
90% of nairalanders, especially those dump fvcks in politics and romance section,can't figure the quote above even if their lives depended on it. undecided
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Glycolite: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lollittaa:

from your moniker you seem fitness conscious. People like you are perfectionists and obviously obsessed with looks and nothing less than a 100% would do. So who's being emotional? There are no ugly persons. Get that undecided

Actually,there are people who ,when you meet them,on the spectrum of facial looks and morphological appearance,they rank low than most people.
There are difference between being attractive and being ugly.
Some can be ugly but they are attractive,maybe because of their self confidence,social status, accomplishments and other external factors.
Some can rank average on this spectrum , facially ,but then are not attractive.
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Jeon(m): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Stop practising lesbianism

dakchyeo

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Jeon(m): 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
Avviala:

Truth is, it isn't about being ugly. Maybe this is but something similar had happened to me.
I'm not ugly. In fact, lot of people have complimented my beauty, random people, my friends, my relatives. But one time, I went out with my friends and some guys came to us. The others got quickly hooked up but I was alone. The remaining guy who wasn't hooked up ignored me. I felt really bad. It happened again when I went to a gboy's party with my friends and each were approached by guys but I wasn't. They gave us money when going back and I realized that my money was half of what they had all gotten. Funny thing is, facially I was more prettier than some of them or maybe that's what I thought.

I felt bad. I kept thinking maybe because I didn't have that curvy shape or I wasn't beautiful as a lot of people had told me. I gained weight and worked on my shape. Took good care of my skin and now, when a guy who approaches me compliments my beauty first, it turns me off from him.

Anyway, even when a random stranger tells me how beautiful I am, I just laugh and don't think of it. I learnt to not allow other people's perception affect me. And I learnt to forget about how attractive I am to other people. If I am fine to myself, I am fine.

It's well my dear.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Stupidquestions: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lollittaa:

when you stop looking at the face and pay more attention to how people behave, you realise there are no ugly faces, just ugly minds undecided
You are a fool honestly. Arguing like an idiot. Are u ugly for a start? Why do u live in such a pathetic state of denial
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Joelobioha(m): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

If you see me, you will renounce lesbianism.
damn cheesy
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by fm001(m): 12:52am On Aug 24, 2021
[quote author=chiommy123 post=105031899]Someone that's ugly in your eyes is very beautiful in another's eyes[/quote ]very true...it is relative
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by MufasaLion: 1:16am On Aug 24, 2021
There are ugly girls!

They nauseate me anyways.
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by shagasha: 5:08am On Aug 24, 2021
Jeon:

I am an ugly woman. Objectively, I really am. Please don't argue with me on this one, I am not overweight, actually in better shape than most women my age, I dress well, I am great with makeup. But last weekend the world just had to remind me that despite all this, people will go out of their way to kick me.
I don't often go clubbing, but Saturday night was a special occasion. A friend was celebrating her 21st, and it was also the weekend after a long week of brutal exams. It felt like a good time to blow off some steam. Because I don't often go clubbing, I really tried this night to look nice. There was an outfit that I had bought a long time ago, but that I'd never worn because it was a little sexier than what I usually wear. A close friend had picked it out for me when we were shopping, and, in that "you go girl" kind of way had urged me to buy it. I did my makeup painstakingly, straightened my hair which always takes forever because my hair is huge, put on that too-sexy-for-me outfit. And when I looked in the mirror I was even surprised at myself. "Wow, is that me? I actually look...nice!"
I showed my friends. They all said I looked great. And they MEANT it too. Like, genuine happy encouragement. I could tell they were sincere and it made me feel so good, like for once I wasn't just masquerading as an attractive girl with fancy makeup and clothes, but that I WAS the attractive girl. I hadn't felt so attractive in ages, Reddit.
When we got to the club, we got a nasty surprise. We had been told that tonight there was no cover charge for girls, and so none of us had brought much cash on our person. Well, our info was wrong. They did indeed ask for a cover. Only one of us 6 girls had cash, and she only had enough to cover two people. When we got to the door and found this out, a group of guys behind us volunteered to help us out. They each forked over a couple of bucks to cover my friends, but not one of them offered to cover me. One by one my friends were let in and they waited on the other side of the door until everyone got through. The guys were doing everything to avoid eye contact with me. They were looking at the ground, the street, pretending to look through their wallets for cash to cover one more girl. It was so painfully obvious that I felt like just going home. Luckily, my friend with the extra cash covered me so I was allowed in.
Well, once we were inside I thought I could just forget about that incident. I had dressed up and come out, to have a good time and relax. So for a while I danced with my friends. It wasn't long before other guys started dancing with us. We kind of paired off slowly, there was a guy whose two buddies had started dancing with other girls and he was left alone. At that point I too had lost track of my friends and was alone. He started dancing with me, but the whole time he seemed really distracted. Not once did he really look at my face, he was kinda looking around the club the whole time, like he was browsing the scene for another, more attractive girl he could bounce to. In less than 10 minutes, he had seen one. He peaced out without a word, and I saw him dancing a few minutes later with a very attractive brunette. The way he acted with her was just SO different than when he had danced with me. He was face to face with her, smiling, dancing enthusiastically.
That made my stomach drop. I went to the bar, found one of my friends who was sitting there with a guy. She introduced us, he bought everyone drinks. After a while I felt like a bit of a third wheel so I went back to the dance floor. Eventually my group of girls regathered together. Everyone had a guy, except for one of them who had a bf at home. So I danced with her, with our friends and their guys near us.
There was a photographer going around the club, taking pictures of the people there. I assume it was for some promo for their website or something. He got to our group, and literally circled us several times, taking several pics from different angles. I was kind of psyched about this, so I did my best to look like I was having a good time, made sure he could snap me at my best. But after a while I realized he wasn't circling us to get our best angles. He was trying to get a frame without ME. If I moved closer to the center of the group, for instance, he would tilt his camera a little the other way. I couldn't believe it until finally, he actually came up to me and asked me to get out of the shot.
I felt so ugly right then. For all the effort I had put into looking and feeling good that night, it seemed like it just didn't matter. So the night ends with me leaving the club. My friend with the bf at home who was dancing with me left with me so I wouldn't be alone. The rest of my girl friends didn't notice what had happened with the photographer, so when they asked me where I was going I just told them I was tired and wanted to go home. And since I wasn't leaving alone, they let me.
So yeah, that's my story from the weekend.
Please be kinder to ugly people, Reddit. Maybe one of the people I met that night will read this post and recognize themselves. I hope so, if only so they can know how behavior they're barely conscious of can affect someone else.

Very ugly experience. I think I understand how emotionally broken you would be.

You shouldn't be angry with the guys, you should be angry with ur friends for not telling you the truth.

A piece of advice... Don't overuse make up. You either use very light make up or none at all then be positive minded. You'll be surprised at the kind of guy u will trap!!!

All the best
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Jeon(m): 11:50am On Dec 31, 2021
Jeon:

I am an ugly woman. Objectively, I really am. Please don't argue with me on this one, I am not overweight, actually in better shape than most women my age, I dress well, I am great with makeup. But last weekend the world just had to remind me that despite all this, people will go out of their way to kick me.
I don't often go clubbing, but Saturday night was a special occasion. A friend was celebrating her 21st, and it was also the weekend after a long week of brutal exams. It felt like a good time to blow off some steam. Because I don't often go clubbing, I really tried this night to look nice. There was an outfit that I had bought a long time ago, but that I'd never worn because it was a little sexier than what I usually wear. A close friend had picked it out for me when we were shopping, and, in that "you go girl" kind of way had urged me to buy it. I did my makeup painstakingly, straightened my hair which always takes forever because my hair is huge, put on that too-sexy-for-me outfit. And when I looked in the mirror I was even surprised at myself. "Wow, is that me? I actually look...nice!"
I showed my friends. They all said I looked great. And they MEANT it too. Like, genuine happy encouragement. I could tell they were sincere and it made me feel so good, like for once I wasn't just masquerading as an attractive girl with fancy makeup and clothes, but that I WAS the attractive girl. I hadn't felt so attractive in ages, Reddit.
When we got to the club, we got a nasty surprise. We had been told that tonight there was no cover charge for girls, and so none of us had brought much cash on our person. Well, our info was wrong. They did indeed ask for a cover. Only one of us 6 girls had cash, and she only had enough to cover two people. When we got to the door and found this out, a group of guys behind us volunteered to help us out. They each forked over a couple of bucks to cover my friends, but not one of them offered to cover me. One by one my friends were let in and they waited on the other side of the door until everyone got through. The guys were doing everything to avoid eye contact with me. They were looking at the ground, the street, pretending to look through their wallets for cash to cover one more girl. It was so painfully obvious that I felt like just going home. Luckily, my friend with the extra cash covered me so I was allowed in.
Well, once we were inside I thought I could just forget about that incident. I had dressed up and come out, to have a good time and relax. So for a while I danced with my friends. It wasn't long before other guys started dancing with us. We kind of paired off slowly, there was a guy whose two buddies had started dancing with other girls and he was left alone. At that point I too had lost track of my friends and was alone. He started dancing with me, but the whole time he seemed really distracted. Not once did he really look at my face, he was kinda looking around the club the whole time, like he was browsing the scene for another, more attractive girl he could bounce to. In less than 10 minutes, he had seen one. He peaced out without a word, and I saw him dancing a few minutes later with a very attractive brunette. The way he acted with her was just SO different than when he had danced with me. He was face to face with her, smiling, dancing enthusiastically.
That made my stomach drop. I went to the bar, found one of my friends who was sitting there with a guy. She introduced us, he bought everyone drinks. After a while I felt like a bit of a third wheel so I went back to the dance floor. Eventually my group of girls regathered together. Everyone had a guy, except for one of them who had a bf at home. So I danced with her, with our friends and their guys near us.
There was a photographer going around the club, taking pictures of the people there. I assume it was for some promo for their website or something. He got to our group, and literally circled us several times, taking several pics from different angles. I was kind of psyched about this, so I did my best to look like I was having a good time, made sure he could snap me at my best. But after a while I realized he wasn't circling us to get our best angles. He was trying to get a frame without ME. If I moved closer to the center of the group, for instance, he would tilt his camera a little the other way. I couldn't believe it until finally, he actually came up to me and asked me to get out of the shot.
I felt so ugly right then. For all the effort I had put into looking and feeling good that night, it seemed like it just didn't matter. So the night ends with me leaving the club. My friend with the bf at home who was dancing with me left with me so I wouldn't be alone. The rest of my girl friends didn't notice what had happened with the photographer, so when they asked me where I was going I just told them I was tired and wanted to go home. And since I wasn't leaving alone, they let me.
Please be kinder to ugly people, Reddit. Maybe one of the people I met that night will read this post and recognize themselves. I hope so, if only so they can know how behavior they're barely conscious of can affect someone else.

so this thing is still alive cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Jeon(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2021
shagasha:

Very ugly experience. I think I understand how emotionally broken you would be.

You shouldn't be angry with the guys, you should be angry with ur friends for not telling you the truth.

A piece of advice... Don't overuse make up. You either use very light make up or none at all then be positive minded. You'll be surprised at the kind of guy u will trap!!!

All the best

SHOW ME YOUR FACE BEFORE I CAN TAKE UR ADVICE cool

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Sanmel(f): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2021
yuping:
Only God can Judge you. Your curiosity have no bound.
cheesy grin Wicked curiosity
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Curvinus(m): 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2021
Jeon:

You just copied a Reddit post and you're passing it on as your personal experience. You couldn't even edit the apart where it is addressing the Reddit community. Is here Reddit? Dumb chik.
Re: How Does It Feel Like To Be An Ugly Lady? by Jeon(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2021
Curvinus:

You just copied a Reddit post and you're passing it on as your personal experience. You couldn't even edit the apart where it is addressing the Reddit community. Is here Reddit? Dumb chik.

if you don't get sarcasm then pass

no need to call names

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

There's Way You Feel Being With Ladies That Other Guys Are Dying (photo) / Is Portharcourt A Horrible Place to live in / Is The Quickest Way To A Man's heart is through his stomach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.