Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

The Church Is Dead. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Is Dead. (443 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church Is Dead. by 4tomandchi: 8:59am On Aug 22, 2021
A Pastor in America announced to his church on Sunday morning, "THIS CHURCH IS DEAD".

The congregation looked startled! He then announced, "come back to church this evening for the funeral service of this church".

The bewildered church still remained in shock, not knowing what was going on, but by the time it was evening service, the whole auditorium was packed, because people who weren't even coming to church regularly showed up to attend this special funeral service.

The pall bearers came in with a coffin, and the pastor began the funeral service.

Still in shock, the congregation didn't really know what was going on.

Then the pastor asked everyone to file out one by one to pay their last respect to the dead church inside the coffin.

Quickly, everyone filed out one after the other.

By the time each member looked inside the coffin, they saw a large mirror there, placed at the bottom of the coffin by this strange pastor.

The rest is history...

Who died? Each member saw his faces in the mirror.

The pastor was referring to them all. They had all lost their passion and fervor for God.

Friends, has your fire for God died? Do you still feel any form of remorse when you tell the smallest lie?

If you don't feel anything at all, there's a big problem. You've lost your fire.

And a fire-less Christian is powerless, weak and unimpactful.

Get back your fire in the place of prayer and in deep study of the word.

If you can spend 5hrs on social media per day, why can't you spend more on daily study of the word and in prayer?

If your fire has died, you are treading on a dangerous ground in this end time.

And please preserve your fire. Fire is expensive to kindle.

Being born again is not an automatic door to a Christian life of fire.

*Fire stands for a burning passion for God beyond anyone else or any other thing in this world.

And nothing grows passion for God like prayer and meditation on the word of God.

Don't lose your fire on the laps of Delilah. Run away from that girl and from that man.

Don't lose your fire on the platter of fornication and corruption, or any other kind of continuous sinful lifestyle.

And please, don't make fire extinguishers your best friends.

Love everyone, but make your closest friends, fire igniters. People whose prayer and word life will be of immense challenge to you.

Fire is expensive to kindle and much more expensive to re-kindle!.

1 Like

Re: The Church Is Dead. by anthonyuncle(m): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2021
i think that pastor generalized,
and that's kinda poor
Re: The Church Is Dead. by Timoleon(m): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2021
Who kill am?
Re: The Church Is Dead. by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:53am On Aug 22, 2021
Lol!

So I wasn't just me that thought so?

When I opened a thread with my previous moniker with the exact same title, many NL Christians wanted to crucify me, but the Truth would always find a way of coming out, no matter how much resistance it faces.

Those who really love God and have His interest at heart would not be happy with the pathetic state of the present day church.

We pray that the church would resurrect from the dead. In Jesus name. Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Church Is Dead. by Bodydiialect57: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
I am just wondering if those people that commented above read through the op. The church they perceived to have died was the denomination they were in but the pastor made them to see through the mirror to see the real church he's referencing.

Giving their last respect to the dead church by looking into the coffin, they saw the real dead church through the mirror!

Their individual self! Yes, it's their individual spiritual selves that have died.
Re: The Church Is Dead. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
I am just wondering that if those people that commented above read through the op. The church perceived to have died was the denomination they were in but the pastor made them to see through the mirror.

Giving their last respect to the dead church by looking into the coffin, they saw the real dead church through the mirror!

Their individual self! Yes, it's their individual spiritual selves that have died.

If only people truly paid attention to the Bible, it is indeed Written and prophecied in there that the Church would die!
Re: The Church Is Dead. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2021
4tomandchi:
A Pastor in America announced to his church on Sunday morning, "THIS CHURCH IS DEAD".

Since 2010. He is only just knowing!
Re: The Church Is Dead. by orunto27: 7:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
The Church isn't Dead. Jesus is coming soon.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye And Mummy G.O At Gov. Dapo Abiodun Father Burial / Receiving Jesus Vs The Others Into Your Heart / One Saved, Always Saved - Is This Really True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.