Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) (80061 Views)

Hafsat Abiola Knelt Down While Thanking Bola Tinubu (Throwback Video) / Peter Obi Knelt Down To Greet Atiku At NBA Conference (Photos, Video) / Wole Soyinka: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Atiku In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 9:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Do you have common sense at all. This blog you are showing me is edo blog which no one knows.
Since you were quoting wikkipedia. Search Wikipedia yourself and throw this nonsense edited Edo blog away

Ur a joke I show u a Wikipedia just now and u dismiss it too it obvious ur a confused omooluabi cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Ur a joke I show u a Wikipedia just now and u dismiss it too it obvious ur a confused omooluabi cheesy
Mumu united. Check the screenshot on where oduduwa came from below and stop being daft. At least pretend you have sense

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by isaacsegun(m): 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Ur a dummy I swear .... Go back to ur history ....look at Kings dat dominate decades ago .....do u know that it was Benin that name Lagos eko ? It was Benin that discovered Lagos do you know that most Yoruba kings where buried in Benin before being abolished see go back to ur history

(1) ON ITSEKIRI:

To know who the Itsekiris are, ask them. What/who do the Itsekiris themselves say they are?

(A) The eyewitness accounts collected from them in the 1800s have them confirming to the Europeans that they are part and parcel of the larger Yoruba group:

(I) “Let me now refer briefly to the tribes that people this part of the world. First we come to the Jakris, who are connected in race and language with the Yoruba people, extending from the Mahin country on the west to the Forcados on the East, and inland about as far as Sapele.”

~ H. L. Gallwey, “Journeys in the Benin Country, West Africa,” The Geographical Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Feb., 1893), p.127.

(II) “In this respect, however, the officials agree with the tradition of the people at Warri, the Jekries, who claim to come from the west.”

~ H. Ling Roth, “Great Benin: Its Customs, Arts and Horrors,” (1903), pp.8-9.

(B) This historical reality of the Itsekiris have remained the same since that period (i.e. the 1800s & prior) all the way to the present century, day & time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLTie7LhKQ

(I) For example, at timestamp 7:01 to 7:13 of this video, Chief Robinson Ariyo (the Egogo of Warri kingdom) says and I quote:

“… Yoruba, a place where we are from … our roots.”

(II) At timestamp 8:22 to 8:27 of this video, Chief Isaac Jemide (the Oshodin of Warri kingdom) says:

“… we are a Yoruba people as such.”

(2) ON ODUDUWA:

First of all, there is no such historical personage called Izoduwa (Imadoduwa) etc. in Benin traditions.

The IzOdUwA narrative is a fabrication that was made up by some Binis in the 1970s. And it was first heard of by the typical Edo person during Omonoba Erediauwa’s coronation ceremony of 1978-9.

Academic/professional historians (NOT the Benin neighborhood story-tellers) all laugh at this fabrication for being a poor job. This scandal is known to experts. Benin elders also know it. See attached screenshot for one example.

The classical story of the Bini Ekeladerhan which was first collected in the year 1889 is clear that he lived the remaining part of his life in his newly founded kingdom, Ughoton.

A Bini chronicler and chief (J. Uwadiae Egharevba) who flourished decades later also collected practically the same story of Ekaladerhan (from an entirely different generation of Bini informants), and his story also ended at his kingdom, Ughoton.

During all these period, Benin history recognizes King Oduduwa as being distict from Ekeladerhan. In fact, it is clear from the early Benin works that Oduduwa was already a King at Ife long before Ekaladerhan’s fore-fathers would be born.

In other words, it is very clear from the early records of Benin history that Oduduwa ruled in Ife when the first Ogiso, viz. Ogiso Igodo was sent to Igodomigodo to establish a supreme-supra-chiefdom there.

Whereas, Ekalderhan is the son of the last Ogiso, viz. Ogiso Owodo according to Benin records (even the recent records haven’t yet modified this part).

This is what the earliest records of Benin history say — that, Oduduwa is a different and distinct person from Ekeladerhan. They flourished in different eras.

Fast forward to the 1970s, lies began to surface in the history of Benin. The motive behind these lies have been variously linked, by scholars, to — for example — the need for the modern Binis “to ground the idea of an exceptional antiquity for their people and claims for its exclusive part in the sociopolitical life of independent Nigeria” ~ Bondarenko (2003:68).

In summary, early Benin history recognize Oduduwa as a different & distinct person from Ekaladerhan. He is recognized as having flourished at the outset of the Ogiso monarchy. It wasn’t until the 1970s before the Binis attempted to alter their own early documented history so as to equate two different persons as one and the same person for the purpose of veiling what they perceive to be an embarrassing aspect of their history in a newly formed country, Nigeria.

So, who is King Oduduwa? Oodua ruled as king only in Yorubaland. So, again (just like the Itsekiris’s case) ask at Ife (where he ruled) to know who he is.

According to received Ife traditions (and obviously the earliest Yoruba traditions), Oduduwa is known (without any confusion) as Oshin Ora in his oriki.

In the earliest Yoruba traditions, he is identified as a Yoruba leader who hailed from the hilly settlement of Oke-Ora; that is, one of the seven hilly settlements surrounding the Ife-bowl.

Peace!
Cc: KingOdart, Nisiw365, theInterpreter, ibuildstuff, Born2Breed, donforeign, LamidiCownu

——————
PS: @Enceladus, please be guided that the circular burial pits discovered are eleven (11) in total.

Screenshot Reference:
J. Eboreime, “Oral Traditions and the Prehistory of the Edo-Speaking People of Benin” in Blench and Spriggs, Archaeology and Language I, Taylor & Francis e-Library, 2004, p. 314.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by gregyboy(m): 9:36pm On Aug 22, 2021
Koko0:
How do I use the green emojis on Nairaland?
Someone, please help.

Press the green emoji on top it will appear on you writing page as symbols not emoji not untill agree u click summit
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Investor137: 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
DankemzI:
Omo royalty is sexy.
If only royalty could be bought I'd have gotten His Royal Highness Obong of Calabar that's the highest Royal tool in Southern Nigeria followed by Obi of Onitsha before Oba of Benin!
Chai power sweet!
dont say this nonsense again in public…pls
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Koko0: 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2021
gregyboy:

Press the green emoji on top it will appear on you writing page as symbols not emoji not untill agree u click summit
I'm sorry but, I do not understand.
Can you explain it in bits, please?
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by gregyboy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
Koko0:

I'm sorry but, I do not understand.

Only Yoruba people never understands, if you're yoruba sorry you can't be helped grin grin

Tell me you're not i will re explain again
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Koko0: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
gregyboy:

Only Yoruba people never understands, if you're yoruba sorry you can't be helped grin grin

Tell me you're not i will re explain again
Lol. I'm not a Yoruba.
Kindly explain in bits.
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Ayomi90: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
fcbgotel:

That's not true.

Oba of Benin is the highest royal stool in the Southern Nigeria
Oba of Benin get him own boundary, e no reach South West here, e no even pass Benin kingdom, if Oba of Benin come Osun state dem no born am well not to pay homage to Onirisa.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Investor137: 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
YouandiAllofus:
The olu is an overrated title. A king of not more than 250k people.
Wonder why they're adding "of warri" to his title when there are other Kings with much bigger kingdoms in same warri.
Baba must have been carried away by the hocus-pocus blazing momentarily.
I can see the ignorance in you as I read, From time immemorial it has been OLU OF WARRI.. u or anyone can’t change it…just bear the pain and live with it..go look for good history books and read, I wont say further.
Long may you live OLU OF WARRI

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by MufasaLion: 9:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
[s]
DankemzI:
Omo royalty is sexy.
If only royalty could be bought I'd have gotten His Royal Highness Obong of Calabar that's the highest Royal tool in Southern Nigeria followed by Obi of Onitsha before Oba of Benin!
Chai power sweet!
[/s]

Why not screw and spanners?

By the way, you just spew trash to console yourself.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by cedricksly: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
DankemzI:
Omo royalty is sexy.
Chai power sweet!
don't go around saying tinx u don't know or can't defend... Help urself, https://nigerianinfopedia.com.ng/first-class-kings-in-nigeria/ in the south south no kind comes before the oba of Benin. Don't be deceived
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Matom20: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Dull benidiot
I am not a benin man... Yoruba slowpoke
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OLULAW: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
DankemzI:
Omo royalty is sexy.
Chai power sweet!

Who advised you to take a cocktail of heroin, lysergide (LSD), ecstasy, amphetamines, cocaine, crack cocaine, magic mushrooms, all in one go, culminating in the distortion of historical facts?
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by HRMK: 10:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
look at #obj who says he is no more in politics but playing the game at every opportunity!must he always show up in those palaces?NAWA!
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by YouandiAllofus: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
Investor137:
I can see the ignorance in me as I read, From time immemorial it has been OLU OF WARRI.. u or anyone can’t change it…just bear the pain and live with it..go look for good history books and read, I wont say further.
Long may you live OLU OF WARRI
So you "read good history books". No wonder you are able to see ignorance in people through the proud one in you.
Pls do not quote me any further.
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Matom20:
I am not a benin man... Yoruba slowpoke
Olofo benidiot is in pains. Olori efolo

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Matom20: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

mumu Make your oba offend federal government first. He will be bundled like a thief and paraded all over Nigeria before going to prison

this one just mumu
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
Matom20:
this one just mumu
Thats Benin trademark arindin omo. Senseless idiot

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Matom20: 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Thats Benin trademark arindin omo. Senseless idiot
go and prepare for ur next paper... WAEC can really frustrate u
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Investor137: 10:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
YouandiAllofus:

So you "read good history books". No wonder you are able to see ignorance in people through the proud one in you.
Pls do not quote me any further.
ignaramus Bastard, I will quote u over and again, ask questions when in doubt.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Investor137: 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
YouandiAllofus:

Pls quote me and correct further.
I will quote u a million times to correct u if u keep writing what u don’t know.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by gregyboy(m): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
Koko0:

Lol. I'm not a Yoruba.
Kindly explain in bits.

While you're on your comment page scrool up to were you see the green emoji above the comment box

Anyone you like click on it it will automatically appear on your comment box as symbols ;w like something like this it will only appears as green emoji after you summit your comment

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by gregyboy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2021
isaacsegun:

(1) ON ITSEKIRI:

To know who the Itsekiris are, ask them. What/who do the Itsekiris themselves say they are?

(A) The eyewitness accounts collected from them in the 1800s have them confirming to the Europeans that they are part and parcel of the larger Yoruba group:

(I) “Let me now refer briefly to the tribes that people this part of the world. First we come to the Jakris, who are connected in race and language with the Yoruba people, extending from the Mahin country on the west to the Forcados on the East, and inland about as far as Sapele.”

~ H. L. Gallwey, “Journeys in the Benin Country, West Africa,” The Geographical Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Feb., 1893), p.127.

(II) “In this respect, however, the officials agree with the tradition of the people at Warri, the Jekries, who claim to come from the west.”

~ H. Ling Roth, “Great Benin: Its Customs, Arts and Horrors,” (1903), pp.8-9.

(B) This historical reality of the Itsekiris have remained the same since that period (i.e. the 1800s & prior) all the way to the present century, day & time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLTie7LhKQ

(I) For example, at timestamp 7:01 to 7:13 of this video, Chief Robinson Ariyo (the Egogo of Warri kingdom) says and I quote:

“… Yoruba, a place where we are from … our roots.”

(II) At timestamp 8:22 to 8:27 of this video, Chief Isaac Jemide (the Oshodin of Warri kingdom) says:

“… we are a Yoruba people as such.”

(2) ON ODUDUWA:

First of all, there is no such historical personage called Izoduwa (Imadoduwa) etc. in Benin traditions.

The IzOdUwA narrative is a fabrication that was made up by some Binis in the 1970s. And it was first heard of by the typical Edo person during Omonoba Erediauwa’s coronation ceremony of 1978-9.

Academic/professional historians (NOT the Benin neighborhood story-tellers) all laugh at this fabrication for being a poor job. This scandal is known to experts. Benin elders also know it. See attached screenshot for one example.

The classical story of the Bini Ekeladerhan which was first collected in the year 1889 is clear that he lived the remaining part of his life in his newly founded kingdom, Ughoton.

A Bini chronicler and chief (J. Uwadiae Egharevba) who flourished decades later also collected practically the same story of Ekaladerhan (from an entirely different generation of Bini informants), and his story also ended at his kingdom, Ughoton.

During all these period, Benin history recognizes King Oduduwa as being distict from Ekeladerhan. In fact, it is clear from the early Benin works that Oduduwa was already a King at Ife long before Ekaladerhan’s fore-fathers would be born.

In other words, it is very clear from the early records of Benin history that Oduduwa ruled in Ife when the first Ogiso, viz. Ogiso Igodo was sent to Igodomigodo to establish a supreme-supra-chiefdom there.

Whereas, Ekalderhan is the son of the last Ogiso, viz. Ogiso Owodo according to Benin records (even the recent records haven’t yet modified this part).

This is what the earliest records of Benin history say — that, Oduduwa is a different and distinct person from Ekeladerhan. They flourished in different eras.

Fast forward to the 1970s, lies began to surface in the history of Benin. The motive behind these lies have been variously linked, by scholars, to — for example — the need for the modern Binis “to ground the idea of an exceptional antiquity for their people and claims for its exclusive part in the sociopolitical life of independent Nigeria” ~ Bondarenko (2003:68).

In summary, early Benin history recognize Oduduwa as a different & distinct person from Ekaladerhan. He is recognized as having flourished at the outset of the Ogiso monarchy. It wasn’t until the 1970s before the Binis attempted to alter their own early documented history so as to equate two different persons as one and the same person for the purpose of veiling what they perceive to be an embarrassing aspect of their history in a newly formed country, Nigeria.

So, who is King Oduduwa? Oodua ruled as king only in Yorubaland. So, again (just like the Itsekiris’s case) ask at Ife (where he ruled) to know who he is.

According to received Ife traditions (and obviously the earliest Yoruba traditions), Oduduwa is known (without any confusion) as Oshin Ora in his oriki.

In the earliest Yoruba traditions, he is identified as a Yoruba leader who hailed from the hilly settlement of Oke-Ora; that is, one of the seven hilly settlements surrounding the Ife-bowl.

Peace!
Cc: KingOdart, Nisiw365, theInterpreter, ibuildstuff, Born2Breed, donforeign, LamidiCownu

——————
PS: @Enceladus, please be guided that the circular burial pits discovered are eleven (11) in total.

Screenshot Reference:
J. Eboreime, “Oral Traditions and the Prehistory of the Edo-Speaking People of Benin” in Blench and Spriggs, Archaeology and Language I, Taylor & Francis e-Library, 2004, p. 314.

Tao11 is this u

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Matom20:
go and prepare for ur next paper... WAEC can really frustrate u
At least I have B.eng . can you even pass waec with your dull brain

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by remele2(f): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
FarahAideed:
OBJ sha ...he know how to play the game of optics
Isopuru eze, eze ga eru gi aka
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by theInterpreter: 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2021
Aderewah:

Only for edo. Ooni and Alaafin tops benin king
even awujale of Ijebu even alake of Abeokuta
Oba of benin's shine was in the past

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by rule(m): 11:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
YouandiAllofus:
The olu is an overrated title. A king of not more than 250k people.
Wonder why they're adding "of warri" to his title when there are other Kings with much bigger kingdoms in same warri.
Baba must have been carried away by the hocus-pocus blazing momentarily.

See broad daylight jealousy and wickedness,be happy for the king and his people .

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Ekugbeh(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
nobody know oba of benin. ooni is the king of all earthlykings
ooni isn't originally a king. He was a priest. He was made a king by Awolowo, hence, apolitical King. He doesn't even comes close to Alafin of Oyo. Smallie, take of ur prideful spectators read your history.

You jus come here to showcase your nonsensical ignoramus.
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by BornRicch(m): 12:22am On Aug 23, 2021
Nisiw366:

Who's the father of ogiso. Ogiso ia not Edo man
You're slow. Ogiso existed centuries before oduduwa.. Is like asking the father of God.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by theInterpreter: 12:35am On Aug 23, 2021
OwenJesse27:
Do you know that the world oba is a Benin word .. it was recently the Yorubas started using the name decades ago Yoruba leaders where address as kings
if you can't tell me the meaning of "Oba" in igomigodo language
stfu!
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by theInterpreter: 12:36am On Aug 23, 2021
BornRicch:

You're slow. Ogiso existed centuries before oduduwa.. Is like asking the father of God.
proof

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos / FBI List Of Nigeria’s Richest Politicians - Herald.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.