Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) (80059 Views)

Hafsat Abiola Knelt Down While Thanking Bola Tinubu (Throwback Video) / Peter Obi Knelt Down To Greet Atiku At NBA Conference (Photos, Video) / Wole Soyinka: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Atiku In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
Do you know that the world oba is a Benin word .. it was recently the Yorubas started using the name decades ago Yoruba leaders where address as kings

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Ur a dummy I swear .... Go back to ur history ....look at Kings dat dominate decades ago .....do u know that it was Benin that name Lagos eko ? It was Benin that discovered Lagos do you know that most Yoruba kings where buried in Benin before being abolished see go back to ur history
Arindin just shut up

Benin didnt name Lagos eko so shut up

Oranmiyan founded Benin and named it ile Ibinu

Oba of Benin Is a Yoruba man

No Yoruba king is buried in Benin instead oba of Benin were buried in ife

If Benin name lagos, how come there's no single Benin king in Lagos out of numerous kings in Lagos. How come

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
gregyboy:

Lol, photoshopped abi... Lol grin grin

Chaii who do u e nor go better for am

E pain am. Throw that nonsense away
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by gregyboy(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Yes according to this picture undecided

That is Charles sitting arrangement, it was done on who Charles loved more.... And not on historical relevance

The oba of benin was invited to Buckingham palace in the late 90

And even the first seaters by Charles including the ooni of ife have never been invited by queens of England till date not to talk of the Queen knowing their names or titles

Shame on the yoruba monarchy it only taps is nutrient from the Nigeria government and yoruba people at large

Every other tribes in Southern Nigeria knows the ooni of ife is inconsequential compared to the oba of benin but the yorubas somehow still keeps lying to themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
trutharena:

How do you rate king seniority?
With history ....d Benin kingdom is one of the oldest throne in Africa .....d word oba is a Benin word it was recently Yoruba leaders started using it ...do I know d name eko was used to describe Lagos wen Benin warriors discover it many years ago do you know kings in Lagos was buried in Benin before it was abolished? See bro read ur history Google is ur friend
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Gbajure(m): 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Menance:

When did sitting position start determining ones power?.
Keep giving yourself hoples hope with that picture. Chai inferiority complex wan finish Yoruba.

What is even more funny is the other one that said yoruba created oba of Benin abi watn him talk sef.

Pls tell us then the Chairperson of Nigerian traditional Rulers and the co-chairperson.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by sylve11: 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
Baba dey protect him oil bloc grin cool
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Arindin just shut up

Benin didnt name Lagos eko so shut up

Oranmiyan founded Benin and named it ile Ibinu

Oba of Benin Is a Yoruba man

No Yoruba king is buried in Benin instead oba of Benin were buried in ife

If Benin name lagos, how come there's no single Benin king in Lagos out of numerous kings in Lagos. How come

Ooh wat a bunch of ignorance see ask ur parents about this or any elder around the world ..."etinosa " which is a local government area in Lagos is a Benin name ...d word " Eko" is a Benin name too ask anyone ... Eko is what Benin warriors that discovered Lagos first use to describe d city .. guy go read ur history
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
But Sir Adesoji aderemi led Nigeria delegation to to coronation of the queen herself in 1950.

Here's the picture of him and Wilson's Churchill at the the palace
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/05/oba-adesoji-aderemi-the-legendary-governor-king/
gregyboy:

Are you sure

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Ooh wat a bunch of ignorance see ask ur parents about this or any elder around the world ..."etinosa " which is a local government area in Lagos is a Benin name ...d word " Eko" is a Benin name too ask anyone ... Eko is what Benin warriors that discovered Lagos first use to describe d city .. guy go read ur history
Eko is not a Benin name. Eko was coined from the word ereko in Lagos

Eti osa means the edge of a lake and does not have any relation to benins etinosa

Problem with you benidiots is you refuse to learn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Gbajure(m): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

With history ....d Benin kingdom is one of the oldest throne in Africa .....d word oba is a Benin word it was recently Yoruba leaders started using it ...do I know d name eko was used to describe Lagos wen Benin warriors discover it many years ago do you know kings in Lagos was buried in Benin before it was abolished? See bro read ur history Google is ur friend

Ọba a Bini word? I hope you know that Bini is a Yoruba name. Binis are those with half Yorùbá from Oranmiyan and half Edo bloods while Edos are the pure Edo bloods.

It has always been Ogiso during the Igomidogo dynasty. Ọba is 100% Yoruba and was introduced to Edo land by Prince Orammiyan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2021
I think gbajure needs answer to a question asked Who's the co-chairman of traditional ruler in Nigeria
gregyboy:

That is Charles sitting arrangement, it was done on who Charles loved more.... And not on historical relevance

And even the first seaters by Charles including the ooni of ife have never been invited by queens of England till date not to talk of the Queen knowing their names

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gbajure:

Ọba a Bini word? I hope you know that Bini is a Yoruba name. Binis are those with half Yorùbá from Oranmiyan and half Edo bloods while Edos are the pure Edo bloods.

It has always been Ogiso during the Igomidogo dynasty. Ọba is 100% Yoruba and was introduced to Edo land by Prince Orammiyan
I think they have fed so many of them with so many lies

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by YouandiAllofus: 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
thomasjoe:

Kindly list the others with much bigger kingdoms ...
Thanks

I trust you know the answer to that which you seek... smiley
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:15pm On Aug 22, 2021
Jokes on you
OwenJesse27:

This pic is mere politics which d oba of Benin does not involve him self with that y d Benin royalty's is being respected world wide

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Eko is not a Benin name. Eko was coined from the word ereko in Lagos

Eti osa means the edge of a lake and does not have any relation to benins etinosa

Problem with you benidiots is you refuse to learn

This y African hardly grow .......I refuses to waste my time on u ...
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by ThatFairGuy1: 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2021
Joker.

But Sir Adesoji aderemi led Nigeria delegation to to coronation of the queen herself in 1950.

Here's the picture of him and Wilson's Churchill at the the palace
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/05/oba-adesoji-aderemi-the-legendary-governor-king/

gregyboy:

And even the first seaters by Charles including the ooni of ife have never been invited by queens of England till date not to talk of the Queen knowing their names

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

This y African hardly grow .......I refuses to waste my time on u ...
I'm the one wasting my time on you because you don't know anything

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Matom20: 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

You are the dull one
Most people in south west don't know oba of Benin
because they are dull... Just like you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gbajure:

This not true the rest tribe in Edo are from Benin e.g esan and esako so I don't know where u got dis story from
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
Matom20:
because they are dull... Just like you
Dull benidiot

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

I'm the one wasting my time on you because you don't know anything

Take it or leave it oba of Benin is the most respected oba in Nigeria ...our great history speak for it self ....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by sylve11: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
Beverages:
Even the Kind humble himself lowkey. smiley

This one don come back with his useless Long comment again!

E no dey tire u?

grin cool
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Take it or leave it oba of Benin is the most respected oba in Nigeria ...our great history speak for it self ....
Great history from 2 by 2 kingdom you mean

Oba of Benin is the greatest in Edo state

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Dull benidiot

Take it or leave it ..... Benin throne is unique same with d British .....d rest are formalities if d first son can not take the throne ......Benin is d only throne no government can override in Nigeria deal with it .... tongue

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Gbajure(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
gregyboy:

Your primary schopl thought you nonsense if you had schooled outside southwest you would have been thought right

Thought indeed! Wasn't Ooni Aderemi the Governor over Benin land? Was Benin not UNDER Yoruba western region?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Great history from 2 by 2 kingdom you mean

Oba of Benin is the greatest in Edo state

The two throne I know d British and the Benin the rest is political appointment grin
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by BornRicch(m): 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ademola47:

Are you saying Oba of Benin ranks above the likes of Ooni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo etc?

I doubt that.

Oduduwa, their historical father gave birth to seven children. During his death time, all his children were not home-based. He however had an aide who, though wasn't his biological child, knew about his power source and top secrets. The 'aide' afterwards was made to occupy the ancestral seat (reagent) and became pioneer Ooni of Ife. His first biological son, the pioneer Alaafin of Oyo believes he is superior. The superiority tussles is the feud often passed down to new Alaafin and Ooni. Luckily, the present Ooni accepted Alaafin as his father for peace to reign, basically due to age difference.

Politically, they are all first-class monarchs? Oba of Benin is not the first child or 'reagent'. He's just one of his children.

So on what basis is Oba of Benin the greatest?

Yoruba people why una like to lie? Who was the father of Oduduwa? Oduduwa is not a yoruba man stop lying to yourself. Don't teach your kids how to lie please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
OwenJesse27:

Take it or leave it ..... Benin throne is unique same with d British .....d rest are formalities if d first son can not take the throne ......Benin is d only throne no government can override in Nigeria deal with it .... tongue
Mumu. Tell him to offend federal government.

They will bundle him like a thief out of the throne. Arindin omo

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by Nisiw366: 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
BornRicch:

Yoruba people why una like to lie? Who was the father of Oduduwa? Oduduwa is not a yoruba man stop lying to yourself. Don't teach your kids how to lie please.
Who's the father of ogiso. Ogiso ia not Edo man

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
Gbajure:

Thought indeed! Wasn't Ooni Aderemi the Governor over Benin land? Was Benin not UNDER Yoruba western region?

That democracy not traditional right know the difference ..... ignorance sucks
Re: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Emiko, Olu Of Warri (Photo) by OwenJesse27(m): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Nisiw366:

Mumu. Tell him to offend federal government.

They will bundle him like a thief out of the throne. Arindin omo

Even the military government where not able to do it

Ur a piece of shittt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / FBI List Of Nigeria’s Richest Politicians - Herald.ng / Kola Abiola Hugs Tinubu In Aso Rock As Buhari Confers GCFR On His Father. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.