Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call (31270 Views)

What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? / The 'famous' Nigerian Female Police Officer Still Beautiful In Makeup Free Photo / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Ajibade123(m): 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2021
Triangles1:
Despite the fact that doctors see kpekus on daily basis majority of them are womanizer.
like of all thing written here the only thing that comes to your head is sex
SMH

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by DECLAN2015(m): 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2021
DropsMic:
Doctors wey remain for Nigeria are those wey just graduate newly wey go soon Japa and those wey don tire to dey write PLAB test... The really good ones don Japa tey tey.

Virtually all my medical friends are now practicing abroad. Even those wey been dey form patriotism when reality hit them, them sef Japa.

That is not true
Esp the "real good one"
Many have left not because they are good than others but just have the means(finance and connection)
Any doctor that can work in nigeria environment can easily work at anywhere .most Nigerian trained doctor are intrinsically good cos it is not easy to graduate from nigeria medical schools.So drop that notion.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by DECLAN2015(m): 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Iliveforever:

Please I have a serious question to ask.
Why do hospitals reject gun shot patients and ask them to go and get a police report, when you know it’s a crazy task that moment.

You guys are on strike because of money, no problem about that but don’t you guys think this law stopping hospitals from treating such patients should be one of the reasons you guys should be on strike??

In America, when a gunshot patient comes in, they first call the police secretly and also start proper medication almost immediately because such patient might’ve been a victim of armed robbery or other issues.

Please you guys should look into this.

Thank God u said America
This place is a lawless place.
Unregulated environment
It is better to be defensive
Hope u are not an armed robber sha
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by 300wayne: 7:06pm On Aug 23, 2021
show empathy bro.....mental stress is the most "stressful type of stress"
jaeyking:
You knew about the profession before jumping into it
So don't come and disturb us
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Alexaonfleek: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2021
Contango:
Me, my own be say...I dey find female doctor to date. Non doctors, kindly stay off cheesy
Why
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by enemyofprogress: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2021
Medical doctors hard to get, but very sweet to fok
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Bngf: 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
Really
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Goldbw122(m): 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2021
God bless our doctors.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by eedimo(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
I have seen it all.
What is there to see again?

Chris Ngige who is also a medix would still spew rubbish to NARD because he eats directly from the National cake.
Naija go better!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Iliveforever(m): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
DECLAN2015:

Thank God u said America
This place is a lawless place.
Unregulated environment
It is better to be defensive
Because I’m an armed robber sha

You just said it? You an armed robber.

So it’s only an armed robber should speak up for other innocent victims right??
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Contango(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
Why

Should be obvious. Doctors are very smart, trained to handle pressure, trained to be sacrificial, very disciplined...plus I have never seen an ugly female doctor. Who doesn’t want that in a partner? angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Stanleyyoung234: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2021
Need a female doctor as wife
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Emax911: 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
LiinkedIN:
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid 500,000 Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4

proof it isn't a scam
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Basic123: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2021
arejibadz:
me sef dy wonder y Dem dy complain
The day you need a doctor most.you will be attended to by a tired,exhausted, unhappy Doctor. AMEN

so you can learn some lesson.

Working as a Doctor in this zoo is dangerous for you yourself the patient and the doctor himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by CSTRR: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
And with the rate of doctors leaving the country, it is only going to get worse.

Saudi Arabia is currently having a recruitment drive in Abuja for doctors.

I saw the invitation logo on Twitter.

They are just packing doctors from Nigeria like sardines.

This country is just turning in reverse mode at a furious speed.

Badly badly governed.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by CSTRR: 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2021
If 70% of all the doctors that graduate in Nigeria stay back and are well paid, you would not see long queues in general hospitals.

You will not hear a doctor ask you to "summarise your problem" in the consultation room because he has a long line of patients to attend to.
Which means you would often end up forgetting key issues you wanted to ask your doctor.

And the Nigerian standard of living would be much higher than it currently is due to improved health care.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by ukaface(f): 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Nobody will talk abt the free call food hospital provide every night
And you can compare the food to the stress?
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by ibtommy(m): 9:18pm On Aug 23, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Nobody will talk abt the free call food hospital provide every pnight

Some people on call/duty go into some romantic sinful stuffs. I used to know of some nurses and dokis, etc back then in one FMC who were fond of doing this. We even caught one from drug department and one doki. I can't forget grin .One baba nurse was always looking for cheap nurses to smooch and mxss up any time he was on duty in one General Hospital. I refer to him as a dirty old man. Jokes apart,calls and night duties aren't funny at all.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Jesuschristus: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2021
ukaface:
And you can compare the food to the stress?

Some people enjoy what u call stress
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by CaptainAyub: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2021
jaeyking:
You knew about the profession before jumping into it
So don't come and disturb us
In normal settings,a doctor is not supposed to attend to more than 5-7 patients in a day, on outpatient basis.This is even in d best interest of the patient so d doctor will be thorough with each patient.
Yet a single doctor in Nigeria attends to more than 30 patients in the clinic,then will be up the whole of the night on call.
Then still join his unit activities by 8am the following day,maybe theatre or busy ward round.
Don't always jump into what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by ImaIma1(f): 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
It seems Dr Chi chi does not know what she signed up for? Did anyone choose the profession for her?

If it's really affecting her, it's best she switches to other medical practices that doesn't require attending to patients or she should start selling clothes.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Triangles1(m): 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2021
MrFinbarr:

Shut up please. This silly generalization is becoming really annoying and stale. I hate it that every time I introduce myself as a doctor, next remark I get is "doctors like women".... Like, wtf!!!

I don't even understand where that generation stems from because a good number of my male colleagues are very responsible and reserved men. Enough of this stupidity!!!

Mission accomplished!
Now every body know you're doctor.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Hathor5(f): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
ImaIma1:
It seem Dr Chi chi does not know what she signed up for? Did anyone choose the profession for her?

If it's really affecting her, it's best she switches to other medical practices that doesn't require attending to patients or she should start selling clothes.

I disagree.

The working conditions at her hospital are shitty. The other doctor who works at the private hospital doesn't have these problems.

Someone who has succeeded to graduate from medical school should be treated with more respect and not made to pose danger to her patients because the hospital burns her out and she is constantly tired.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by ImaIma1(f): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hathor5:

I disagree.

The working conditions at her hospital are shitty. The other doctor who works at the private hospital doesn't have these problems.

Someone who has succeeded to graduate from medical school should be treated with more respect and not made to pose danger to her patients because the hospital burns her out and she is constantly tired.

Being a doctor takes much more than graduating from medical school. Having the heart to practice is very important because not everyone will end up in convenient places.

Look at doctors in the US during the critical COVID period that had to work tirelessly. Their concern is always for their patients to be well. You can't come and be complaining about not having time for events, etc.

I know people who studied medicine but work in sectors where they still use their medical degree but do not attend to patients.

It's actually not by force to be in a career if it doesn't match your personality or you don't get satisfaction doing it. Doctors are not called super heroes for nothing o.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by jaeyking(m): 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2021
CaptainAyub:

In normal settings,a doctor is not supposed to attend to more than 5-7 patients in a day, on outpatient basis.This is even in d best interest of the patient so d doctor will be thorough with each patient.
Yet a single doctor in Nigeria attends to more than 30 patients in the clinic,then will be up the whole of the night on call.
Then still join his unit activities by 8am the following day,maybe theatre or busy ward round.
Don't always jump into what you don't know.

You started well by using the word in a normal setting.
Now my question to you Is the Nigerian medical sector in a normal setting

Secondly critical situations can arise that a doctor can attend to even more than 10 a day.
That's y dey were trained as professionals so that dey can handle such if need arises

Like I said all this complaint is medicine after death
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by jaeyking(m): 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2021
300wayne:
show empathy bro.....mental stress is the most "stressful type of stress"

In this country, we are all mentally stressed.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by jaeyking(m): 11:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
Kevinsamba:
Sense resides very far form you and the person's who have liked and will like your comment.

Actually I think it's you rather.
Go and check the NUC standard of lecture and see if whatever school you attended in Nigeria fits it.

Any profession you dwell into in Nigeria be ready to be strained.

So all this complaint are not worth it
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by jaeyking(m): 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2021
drlaykay:

90perc didn't know because they chose to become a doctor at very tender age.
A 16 year old filling medicine in JAMB, wouldn't understand the nitty gritty of work schedules. So change your mindset.

Same tin, I'm saying.

We fill the kids head with all the lovely benefits of being in the the medical field while neglecting the hectic job that arises when severe cases are around.

Life first
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Jaqenhghar: 12:07am On Aug 24, 2021
DropsMic:
Doctors wey remain for Nigeria are those wey just graduate newly wey go soon Japa and those wey don tire to dey write PLAB test... The really good ones don Japa tey tey.

Virtually all my medical friends are now practicing abroad. Even those wey been dey form patriotism when reality hit them, them sef Japa.
Dem tell you say for the oyinbo land na play dem dey play? They work just as hard if not more. At least for naija you fit kill patient and go free.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by Jaqenhghar: 12:12am On Aug 24, 2021
BuddhaPalm:

They actually didn't.

Most made the decision as uninformed teenagers.

What does one know as a Jambite? Just the romanticized version of anything really.
But by your 2nd year you should have an idea... hear stories. Truth is the average Niggerian is lazy and just wants to be rich by lying down. We have sold ourselves on that myth of getting rich overnight by doing little

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikechukwu Ikeji, Lawyer & Pastor Dies (Photo) / Pictures Of How I Stylishly Resumed Work Yesterday (pics) / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.