Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call (31269 Views)

What Do You Hate About Your Job Or Place Of Work? / The 'famous' Nigerian Female Police Officer Still Beautiful In Makeup Free Photo / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by angelfallz(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2021
Are you a doctor? If yes, please could you describe how a call from looks like?

kambili999:
Being a doctor in Nigeria is a herculean task. Now being on call, its unpredictable. Sometimes you get it so easy and you enjoy the call in your call room undisturbed. Other times, you don't even get to put your head against your pillow. You are on your feet for 24hours.

But in all, the beauty and satisfaction of health care is seeing that patient who came to you at the verge of death smiling in a healthy state, being discharged from the hospital. God be praised.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by angelfallz(m): 3:59pm On Aug 31, 2021
If only there were things like career day in secondary schools, or career advisers to help guide senior secondary school students on career paths and what it takes to enjoy or to be successful in a particular career.

drlaykay:

90perc didn't know because they chose to become a doctor at very tender age.
A 16 year old filling medicine in JAMB, wouldn't understand the nitty gritty of work schedules. So change your mindset.
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by kambili999(f): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2021
angelfallz:
Are you a doctor? If yes, please could you describe how a call from looks like?

a call from? What's that please?
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by angelfallz(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2021
Ah!
I made a mistake, I'm sorry.
I meant could you please describe what a call room looks like.

kambili999:
a call from? What's that please?
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by kambili999(f): 5:19pm On Aug 31, 2021
angelfallz:
Ah!
I made a mistake, I'm sorry.
I meant could you please describe what a call room looks like.

a normal room with a bed+/- aircon +/- fan +- bathroom+/- toilet. Just like a regular room

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by angelfallz(m): 5:56pm On Aug 31, 2021
Wow that is nice.
They should have added Dstv o!

kambili999:
a normal room with a bed+/- aircon +/- fan +- bathroom+/- toilet. Just like a regular room
Re: 5 Nigerian Female Doctors Talk About What They Hate About Being On Call by kambili999(f): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2021
angelfallz:
Wow that is nice.
They should have added Dstv o!

+/- also

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikechukwu Ikeji, Lawyer & Pastor Dies (Photo) / Pictures Of How I Stylishly Resumed Work Yesterday (pics) / Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.