Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,712 members, 7,809,701 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity (1148 Views)

Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time? (Photos and Video) / Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity. / Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time! (Real Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
OtemAtum:
Why do you always comment as if we are quarrelling? Nobody is condemning anybody here, but you always feel paranoia and keep mentioning Budaatum and others like they have hurt your emotions irreparably ealier. We are all on a separate mission to the earth, so if another man's mission doesn't suit you, you don't need to get pained about it. You just need to move on. But the facts remains that the truth must be told, no matter what.
Even if the truth hurts you, you can devise a survival mechanism and survive it. The new generation Christians and non-jihadist Muslims should teach you how to do that.

Nonsense!!

Condemnations happen everyday!!

Your mission never meant anything to me!!

You are not capable of telling me the truth except I agree with you!!!!!!!
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
OtemAtum:

Sorry for badging in, I saw Romans and Phillipians in your quotes and I am wondering why you've never quoted Lagosians and Kogites all the while. So you mean you believe the Roman and Phillipian gods more than the gods of your own land who never believe that you need to be saved from any original sin? Hmm.

You are not the first to claim to know the truth

So, what's special about you

You are defending budaatum with needless grammar

What does paranoia have to do with this??

You are just good at wasting both my time and your time in a way that your children should not be proud of

Spits......
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
OtemAtum:
Why do you always comment as if we are quarrelling? Nobody is condemning anybody here, but you always feel paranoia and keep mentioning Budaatum and others like they have hurt your emotions irreparably ealier. We are all on a separate mission to the earth, so if another man's mission doesn't suit you, you don't need to get pained about it. You just need to move on. But the facts remains that the truth must be told, no matter what.
Even if the truth hurts you, you can devise a survival mechanism and survive it. The new generation Christians and non-jihadist Muslims should teach you how to do that.

Nonsense

Assuming the truth and claiming to know it at the same time

Spits....
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by 22jumpstreet: 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
Eviana:

*Note: Answers #1, and #2 are interchangeable.

#1.
Answer=SIN
Romans 3:23 (KJV)
"For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."
Psalm 51:5 (KJV)
5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me

#2.
Answer=Because I am a "creation" created in the image of my Creator. Sin entered the world and has made me a faulty being who ONLY can be converted through the death on the cross sacrifice made by my Lord and Savior. I can do nothing good of my own....meaning even my best intentions have faults. I have a chance to be reunited in the Heavenly Kingdom with my Father in the way that it originally was supposed to have been.

John 3:16-17 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved

Phillipians 2:13 (KJV)
13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

#3.
Answer=
Isaiah 53: 1-12 (KJV)

53 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth

8[b] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living:[/b] for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors

Be blessed sir....

Isaiah 53 is talking about a suffering servant....NOT A SON. Check verse 11. In chapter 41:5-9 Isaiah told you who the servant is. Did you miss that?

The other point you gave are not valid. Is that what convinced you?.
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by hupernikao: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Without state imposition,ethnic cleansings, genocides and imperialism etc your faith would have been a minor cult today, that's if it managed to survive.
The aforementioned may not be happening today and that's why your faith isn't taking anywhere by storm.

I guess the reason you labor much on it. Is this how you labor on things you don't believe in?
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Eviana(f): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2021
OtemAtum:

Sorry for badging in, I saw Romans and Phillipians in your quotes and[b] I am wondering why you've never quoted Lagosians and Kogites all the while. So you mean you believe the Roman and Phillipian gods more than the gods of your own land who never believe that you need to be saved from any original sin?[/b] Hmm.

No problem...
I appreciate your questions, however, and with all due respect, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Lagosians and Kogites? gods of my own land? Umm..huh?
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Eviana(f): 12:27am On Aug 26, 2021
22jumpstreet:

Isaiah 53 is talking about a suffering servant....NOT A SON. Check verse 11. In chapter 41:5-9 Isaiah told you who the servant is. Did you miss that?

The other point you gave are not valid. Is that what convinced you?.

Jesus Christ came as a servant AND THE Son of God the Father. He humbled Himself...to pay a price we, humans, could not.
He took the penalty that we deserved.
He was the "suffering servant."
Isaiah 53 is speaking about Lord Jesus Christ....the Savior of the World...point.blank. period. I stand by my words...and will not budge on that.

Matthew 27:43-46, 50 (KJV)

43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

44 The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.

45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost

Verse 11- (Isaiah 53) The Father/Lord God speaking to His people, Israel. You have misinterpreted that verse.

Interesting how you skipped the Verse 4 of Isaiah 41.

Isaiah 41:4 (KJV)
[i]4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and with the last; I am he

When attempting to prove someone wrong, (using the Word of God), please make sure to go "line upon line," "precept upon precept," "here a little there a little."

I don't do debates....so I'm gonna stop here.
Prayerfully seek the truth of God's Word through the help of the Holy Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by OtemAtum: 6:10am On Aug 26, 2021
Eviana:

No problem...
I appreciate your questions, however, and with all due respect, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Lagosians and Kogites? gods of my own land? Umm..huh?

Okay, maybe you did not get to see the scripts oral traditions written passed by Luwabi, Ofo, Bongo and the rest because they were suppressed by the colonial masters who helped us write false versions of our histories. But if you had heard the oral traditions, they made far more senses than the books written by the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Phillipians, Colossians, Thessalonians and Hebrews. It's my pleasure to share some of them with you.

Luwabi 14: 20-22

20. Let no foreigners take your moral values and replace them with theirs. For if they do so, they shall take your soul with them also.
21. There is one world and there are many beliefs. Do not take the belief of another over your own beliefs, except if you have seen reason out of it.
22. And those who force their beliefs on you should not be accepted.

3 Likes

Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by OtemAtum: 6:25am On Aug 26, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Nonsense!!

Condemnations happen everyday!!

Your mission never meant anything to me!!

You are not capable of telling me the truth except I agree with you!!!!!!!
Sorry o cool

1 Like

Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by budaatum: 10:25am On Aug 26, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Your children should be ashamed of you

1 Like

Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
Antispam bot no do me well. Seun and his mod self no help matter. Will update the thread later in the day....make aunty spambot no con imprison me again
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Eviana(f): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2021
OtemAtum:

Okay, maybe you did not get to see the scripts oral traditions written passed by Luwabi, Ofo, Bongo and the rest because they were suppressed by the colonial masters who helped us write false versions of our histories. But if you had heard the oral traditions, they made far more senses than the books written by the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Phillipians, Colossians, Thessalonians and Hebrews. It's my pleasure to share some of them with you.

Luwabi 14: 20-22

20. Let no foreigners take your moral values and replace them with theirs. For if they do so, they shall take your soul with them also.
21. There is one world and there are many beliefs. Do not take the belief of another over your own beliefs, except if you have seen reason out of it.
22. And those who force their beliefs on you should not be accepted

I don't mean to be rude, but is any of the bolded actually real? I have never heard of any of this before. Also, I have wondered about your moniker.....the name. What does it mean?
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2021
[quote author=budaatum post=105193852][/quote]

I don't want your reply.

It is an abomination to me.
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 26, 2021
Eviana:

I don't mean to be rude, but is any of the bolded actually real? I have never heard of any of this before. Also, I have wondered about your moniker.....the name. What does it mean?

You are wasting your time with that waste of time
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by OtemAtum: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2021
Eviana:

Very very real. We lost our own ancestors' histories, parables and proverbs but now we are retrieving them. Luwabi the writer of this wise saying is the father of the Yoruba people who are called OMOLUWABI meaning 'Children of Luwabi.' People knew the name but do not know the history behind it. Here is a book containing numerous histories and parables of wise people all round the world. https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/92
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2021
OtemAtum:

Very very real. We lost our own ancestors' histories, parables and proverbs but now we are retrieving them. Luwabi the writer of this wise saying is the father of the Yoruba people who are called OMOLUWABI meaning 'Children of Luwabi.' People knew the name but do not know the history behind it. Here is a book containing numerous histories and parables of wise people all round the world. https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos/92

There's nothing that can change what I think of you and that bastard

Your replies are of no use
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:35am On Aug 27, 2021
HISTORICITY OF JESUS CHRIST

Turning away from the near past, few thousands adherents religion movement in the Pacific, we are confronted with the world greatest religion, Christianity, centred on a messianic figure known as Jesus. Born of virgin, he is an enigmatic inoffensive love preacher believed by his followers will bring eternal peaceful government through faith to humanity. This belief system originates from the ancient Roman empire two thousands year ago.

The new testament, a canonised gospels and epistles, have us believe Jesus literary walked the surface of the earth in the first century. These claims lack evidential substances. The account of Jesus from the gospel and patristic writings contain a wholesale discrepancies, historical inconsistencies, misinformation about the politics, geography, culture and law of the first century Judea and it environments.

A glimpse into the gospel, the birth of Jesus is presented as historic, having been infused with historical personalities and events; Reign and death of Herod the Great, Emperor Augustus' censuses, and Quirinius' taxation census. On this note from Matthew 2; Luke 1, the church and antiquity scholars agree that Jesus was born in 4 BC. However, a careful look into this account pointed out discrepancies and inconsistencies with historical records.

I. Josephus is an historian from the first century. In his books, Antiquities of the Jew (AJ) and Jewish War (JW), he recorded that Herod the Great reigned for 37 years from the time of his appointment in 40BC and 34 years from his conquest of Jerusalem in 37BC (AJ 17.8.1, JW 1.33.8 ). Counting between these two points both arrive at 4BC.

Dio Cassius, another historian writes in his book titled 'Roman history' that Archelaus, Herod's son and successor was deposed in 6 AD by Ceasar on his tenth year of reign. Roman History 55.27.6. Counting back, Herod could only have left his seat by death in 4 BC.

Josephus informed us that Herod died between a fast and passover, and that on the night of the fast there was a lunar eclipse (AJ 17.9.3; JW 2.1.3). Astrological data from NASA corrobates this claim. A Lunar Eclipse occured in Judea on March 13, 4BC, the same day they held the Fast of Esther, a fast commonly held before Purim (The day Queen Esther approached the king. She instructed Israelites to hold a fast a day before the Purim) on March 12–13, 4BC. So there was an eclipse and a fast on March 12–13, 4BC., one month before Passover.

Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by Broveens42(m): 12:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
FOLYKAZE:

Turning away from the near past, few thousands adherents religion movement in the Pacific, we are confronted with the world greatest religion, Christianity, centred on a messianic figure known as Jesus. Born of virgin, he is an enigmatic inoffensive love preacher believed by his followers will bring eternal peaceful government through faith to humanity. This belief system originates from the ancient Roman empire two thousands year ago.

The new testament, a canonised gospels and epistles, have us believe Jesus literary walked the surface of the earth in the first century. These claims lack evidential substances. The account of Jesus from the gospel and patristic writings contain a wholesale discrepancies, historical inconsistencies, misinformation about the politics, geography, culture and law of the first century Judea and it environments.

A glimpse into the gospel, the birth of Jesus is presented as historic, having been infused with historical personalities and events; Reign and death of Herod the Great, Emperor Augustus' censuses, and Quirinius' taxation census. On this note from Matthew 2; Luke 1, the church and antiquity scholars agree that Jesus was born in 4 BC. However, a careful look into this account pointed out discrepancies and inconsistencies with historical records.

I. Josephus is an historian from the first century. In his books, Antiquities of the Jew (AJ) and Jewish War (JW), he recorded that Herod the Great reigned for 37 years from the time of his appointment in 40BC and 34 years from his conquest of Jerusalem in 37BC (AJ 17.8.1, JW 1.33.8 ). Counting between these two points both arrive at 4BC.

Dio Cassius, another historian writes in his book titled 'Roman history' that Archelaus, Herod's son and successor was deposed in 6 AD by Ceasar on his tenth year of reign. Roman History 55.27.6. Counting back, Herod could only have left his seat by death in 4 BC.

Josephus informed us that Herod died between a fast and passover, and that on the night of the fast there was a lunar eclipse (AJ 17.9.3; JW 2.1.3). Astrological data from NASA corrobates this claim. A Lunar Eclipse occured in Judea on March 13, 4BC, the same day they held the Fast of Esther, a fast commonly held before Purim (The day Queen Esther approached the king. She instructed Israelites to hold a fast a day before the Purim) on March 12–13, 4BC. So there was an eclipse and a fast on March 12–13, 4BC., one month before Passover.

Educative
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:57am On Sep 02, 2021

I. Josephus is an historian from the first century. In his books, Antiquities of the Jew (AJ) and Jewish War (JW), he recorded that Herod the Great reigned for 37 years from the time of his appointment in 40BC and 34 years from his conquest of Jerusalem in 37BC (AJ 17.8.1, JW 1.33.cool. Counting between these two points both arrive at 4BC.

Josephus informed us that Herod died between a fast and passover, and that on the night of the fast there was a lunar eclipse (AJ 17.9.3; JW 2.1.3). [Astrological data from NASA]corrobates this claim. A Lunar Eclipse occured in Judea on March 13, 4BC, the same day they held the Fast of Esther, a fast commonly held before Purim (The day Queen Esther approached the king. She instructed Israelites to hold a fast a day before the Purim) on March 12–13, 4BC. So there was an eclipse and a fast on March 12–13, 4BC., one month before Passover.

II. The Deeds of the Divine Augustus) is the funerary inscription of the first Roman emperor, Augustus, giving a first-person record of his life and accomplishments. In paragraph 8, Emperor Augustus noted that he decreed censuses in 28BC, 8BC, and 14AD.

III. According to Josephus AJ 18.1.1, The census of Quirinius was called because Rome had taken Judea under the direct rule of Publius Sulpicius Quirinius, Roman governor of Syria after Archelaus had been deposed in 6 AD. Under Herod and Archelaus, the population of Judea do not pay taxes directly to Rome, but now the empire needed to know what tax it would expect to collect.

With the historical facts established above, it is difficult to punctuate the birth of Jesus according to the bible.

1. There is a gap of ten years between when Herod died and census of Quirinius was imposed. Jesus couldn't have been born both in 4BC and 6AD.

2. Emperor Augustus didn't conduct universal census. The Romans were only counted in his censuses.

3. Quirinius census took place in Judea, excluding Galilee which is under autonomous rule of Herod Antipas. A census in Judea have no bearing on Joseph and Mary who lived in Galilee.

4. Quirinius census aimed at direct taxation in order to make an assessment of the property of the Jews. Populace of Judea are not expected to leave where they make their earnings.

5. Men are only counted.

6. There is no record of innocuous massacre by Herod in history.

7. Quirinius did not become governor of Syria until well after Herod's death.

8. The designation 'Tax Collector' was ascribed to Herod during his reign for collecting tax directly from Judeans.

The above conflicts between the gospel and history established that;

a. The New testament is errant, not factually accurate, and significantly unreliable.

b. The authors of the gospel are reasonably confused, not presenting facts but conjecture and fabrication which only tells they are writing fictions.

c. Jesus existence cannot be established on faulty grounds, hence we can conclude he doesn't exist at all.
Re: Cobbled Jesus: A Glimpse At The Invention Of Christianity by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:59am On Sep 02, 2021
Spambot has killed this thread. Going to create a new one and hopes that bot will stop hunting me around

(1) (2) (Reply)

If God Is Real Why Can't He Show Himself To Us / UK Govt Throws Away Vaccines As Useless : Pastor Chris Vindicated / Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.