Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? (45940 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Bishopadaidu(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2021
pyyxxaro:
Use the 4 million to play 2odds , you would have 8million

Then you can build a fine bungalow tongue
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by akigbemaru: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2021
sunnp:

Sure 4m will give you 80% or 90% also It depend on your taste , don't be discourage and go to market and buy things u need, first get architect to give you 3bed design and five it to you engineer to give you the cost,

Go to ppl selling plumbing to give u quotation for 3bed all what you needed also same for electrical stuff,

With architecture drawing you will know what next and amount you will be needed
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Tayeni(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2021
Dirkcoyt:

Thank you my brother ! Many Nigerians do this for just bragging right not according to environment! Why waste 4m on roofing ? At the end the roof will just be tall for nothing with some Gerard sheet! Well this design save cost even if he wants a roof type skillion roofing designs are cost effective nowadays you can find them on those real estate company buildings. We need to do things with economics in this country fornot everything is for bragging right ! Another thing is this parapet trend! It’s not a must you waste money to buy lot of woods just because you want to do parapet that adds not too much thing to the structural design ! But waste lot of money on wood forming for the parapet yet still fill it up with concrete people need to learn now !
I hate the tall roof trend in most new buildings in Nigerian cities. I wonder if the trend started in Abuja or Lagos. Where roofs are higher than the house itself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ify2016: 10:38am On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Yea it will but might not finish the project. Let me show u on how to go about it. If u r building a 3 bed room flat, just tell the engineer to the forming and German floor for u. Then tell him that he will inspect it from German floor to roofing stage which should not be more than 3 or 5k per visit use local Manson for the block work they collect about 40 naira per block.
Block work to parapet = 1200000
Roofing use 4.5 mm for ur roof=1300000
Window and door -700000
Plastering/window hook=350000
Toilet firings =250000
Tiles go for China tiles=700000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000
Just budget 5m and ur work is done don't get discourage by comments u see here. Good luck.
Good
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by techstack: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Yea it will but might not finish the project. Let me show u on how to go about it. If u r building a 3 bed room flat, just tell the engineer to the forming and German floor for u. Then tell him that he will inspect it from German floor to roofing stage which should not be more than 3 or 5k per visit use local Manson for the block work they collect about 40 naira per block.
Window and door -700000
Toilet firings =250000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000
Just budget 5m and ur work is done don't get discourage by comments u see here. Good luck.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Reference(m): 10:41am On Aug 25, 2021
Can't even get a decent portakabin these days. We are in a rampant inflation regime. Do not try this at home.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Dirkcoyt: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2021
ojasweb:
As at the time i got to the stage in the attached picture, i have already spent over 7m, excluding the land cost.
Though this is a bigger project, however am not sure 4M can get you something attractive. Especially with the situation of the economy.
you let yourself made this project cost 7m! That roofing style could have been moderated ! Come on how many casement windows did you even do ? Bro please put your eyes in that project more !

And this house isn’t even a German floor how come 7m except for the roofing took a lot of money bro please put your eyes in that project no make people run you street times are hard

8 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2021
Face me i face u kind of house grin
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Kelvinisco(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2021
You can use that money and complete 2bed room flat but the problem is about the community,local government and youths money except you have already make plans for that
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Tayeni(m): 10:45am On Aug 25, 2021
ojasweb:
As at the time i got to the stage in the attached picture, i have already spent over 7m, excluding the land cost.
Though this is a bigger project, however am not sure 4M can get you something attractive. Especially with the situation of the economy.
Na parapet, concrete pillars and plenty walls chop your money. OP should not attempt this style o. This style is not for someone on a budget. Congrats on the new house. Owning realestate is a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Lucas4903: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:
What type of house can it build?

Is it advisable to go for it?

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

The soil is strong.

Please do not follow a lot of people here who don't know shit about construction apart from their sentiments or brain work. The truth is this, if you already have the land, #4m will go seriously far but will not finish it. That's the honest truth. This is what we do. It's better u start it at once and not wait till u have enough to finish it. Once u see the progress even an additional #100k once a while can make a huge difference.

3 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Captainjack100: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2021
AfricanKingkong:
Abeg, if I see that kind money, in less than one month, a don become landlord. Your taste matters. If you have high taste then you need to labour to gather more
One month? grin
Can a house be completed even in two months with money on ground? Just curious
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ojasweb(m): 10:49am On Aug 25, 2021
Dirkcoyt:
you let yourself made this project cost 7m! That roofing style could have been moderated ! Come on how many casement windows did you even do ? Bro please put your eyes in that project more !

The picture does not show the full structure of the house. There's still one big bedroom after that motorcycle. So, am not sure we could adjust the roofing style more.

I actually monitor the project, at least 80%
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by A305: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Window and door -700000
Toilet firings =250000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000
You are a wise man sir.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by CodeTemplar: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2021
By the time the lanky demon finishes with us, neighbor will be apologizing to neighbors and workplace colleagues to one another for the error of 8 unrecoverable years.

2 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by victorazy(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2021
jowhyte:
What kind of house? How many bedrooms? Let assume it's just a single 3bedrooms flat with normal standard rooms measurement of 12ft by 12fts and assuming you already have a land.

4M won't deliver a good portable standard apartment with all the normal fittings and finishing. The block work, roofing woods and sheets will almost swallow the whole of the 4M.

Bubu government has been a cancer ♋.

Am an architect and N4m will build comfortably.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Dirkcoyt: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2021
ojasweb:

The picture does not show the full structure of the house. There's still one big bedroom after that motorcycle. So, am not sure we could adjust the roofing style more.

I actually monitor the project, at least 80%
Okay sir God will finish it congratulations. You’ve tried ! I no just like when some people are trying to rip owners cause they think once you’re building you’re rich which is not true yousef still Dey hustle and.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by victorazy(m): 10:53am On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

The soil is strong.

Comfortably yes!
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Edyice: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2021
Bontuxbrutus:

Yes it can build just one big room...then maybe you can use plywood to demarcate inside...don’t forget you won’t have fence...so it’s just rubbish....
But if you want my advice ...just rent an apartment with 1m....then invest the 3m....when you have as much as 10m-15m you can now build...

Bad adviser

Rent a house with 1 million out of 4 million shocked

Fuvking bad decision

4 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by victorazy(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Window and door -700000
Toilet firings =250000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000

Nice one.

I be architect
Even with the 4m he will finish it.

He should mold the blocks by himself with lesser ratio.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by okoroemeka(m): 10:56am On Aug 25, 2021
xynerise:
Hmmm...unless you will use ordinary zinc and without German floor
there is a trick a builder used when I was building a two bedroom bungalow in my farm,he did the tiles direct on the red mud filling without German floor and for 10 years now no shaking,I built the house with #650k in 2010.two bedroom, parlour, kitchen, toilet , bathroom and sitout,cost of building depends mostly on location and soil type,the foundation was just flatblock,no rod,no concrete casting, only used concrete on side pillars and lintel.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Elzakzaky: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2021
slawormiir:

Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use
The lord is your strength, my nigarr

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ojasweb(m): 10:57am On Aug 25, 2021
Dirkcoyt:

Okay sir God will finish it congratulations. You’ve tried ! I no just like when some people are trying to rip owners cause they think once you’re building you’re rich which is not true yousef still Dey hustle and.

Amen. No be lie. Like when i wanted to do the roof and i made a few people submit quote. Some don't even have any pity.

2 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Edyice: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh start building your house

You have the land already so start , money will come as the project continue.

You don’t have to wait for 200 million to build a house …. I know how many people leaving in the house but didn’t paint the outside and later did …

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Captainjack100: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2021
Anyone here can do a little break down for the cost of the three bedroom in a standard type. With 6milli budget
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Nexton2468: 11:02am On Aug 25, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

In this Buhari era,Ofcourse..a very BIG toy house

Wicked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by kenoyad: 11:04am On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Window and door -700000
Toilet firings =250000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000

#100,000 wont do the ceiling, for a 2 bedroom flat, that would need 57 pieces of ceiling at #2800 per sheet. I did the calculation yesterday and I was like why? #4m wont do the finishing to a desired taste. This time 2016, I bought a sheet of ceiling for a friend at #1050, now it's #2800 per sheet. I'm considering POP but it's also expensive too. In 2016, I would do a nice 3 bedroom with #4m with good moderate finishing. #1.5m to roofing and #2 5 for plastering and finishing. Building materials are very expensive now.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by RoyalBoutique(m): 11:04am On Aug 25, 2021
jowhyte:
What kind of house? How many bedrooms? Let assume it's just a single 3bedrooms flat with normal standard rooms measurement of 12ft by 12fts and assuming you already have a land.

4M won't deliver a good portable standard apartment with all the normal fittings and finishing. The block work, roofing woods and sheets will almost swallow the whole of the 4M.

Bubu government has been a cancer ♋.

Only the Foundation of the house nko?
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Blackman101: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2021
My advice, start the project along the line money will come and you will finish it. But 4million to build a house (3 bedroom flat) in present day naija is next to impossible any where in naija.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Hatesin: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

The soil is strong.

See ambiguous question receiving ambiguous answers from all angles
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by stancydg: 11:09am On Aug 25, 2021
It all depends on your taste.

One sure thing; the said amount can build a conservative 2/3bed bungalow to habitable standards, floor, wall and other finishes excluded.

By habitable standards, I mean you can have a simple roof system, entrance and exit security doors, windows(sliding ones maybe), basic toilet and kitchen fittings and a screeded floor, enough for you to inhabit till cash flow increases.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Lenient001: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2021
A single self-contain apartment would be better. I think that won't devour your 4M.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) / Lagos Demolishes Adebutu Kessignton, Baba-Ijebu's 4-storey Building / Portfolio Of Seasoned Builder/engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.