Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? (45881 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by stillseth: 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2021
I think with the present inflation in the country and high cost of materials..7M-10M should start and finish a stabdard 3bedroom flat including the windows and doors plus septic tanks and bole hole

Captainjack100:

Like how much do you think added on top will finish that? Just standard type

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by nurudeen181(m): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
very disappointed with most of the responses.. please why wont you allow engrs, builders to talk.. even if there are none and you want to talk you talk from experience... who said an architect can design a building where the cost will be simpler.. you are very ignorant of that... is an architect suppose to even build a house in the first place... where did you keep the quantity surveyours before making those false statement.. an engineer can not even esyimate for you the cost of a building plan... talking about 3 bedroom and 4m.. in places like the southwest, lands are affordable by the way you dont need a plot of land to build a 3bedroon.. half plot is ok.. not for manage.. ok j repeat.. those oponu apokunmeko who dont know anything about building should please delete their comments... op gon self.. why will you come to a public place and be asking such question if you truely are ready to do this thing... no be thesame nigerian man wey buy phone 25k talk say na 250k he buy am.. i wont talk much.. op, if no be for abj, lag, ph, and no be inside city or bubling town, dont get a full plot, and tell your olodo arch to design your dream for you... 4m oma to.. no be house you call am.. forget about tiles and all those rubbish.. see you can spend 200m on a single room self contain.. even more.. it just depend on what you can do now.. i am really really disapointed by this guys.. i thought everyone will respect their proffesion and stay out of this... then just dey soro.. awon tio ni iru eni....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by christopheojo(m): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2021
victorazy:

3bedroom bungalow
Ok thanks
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by nurudeen181(m): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2021
stillseth:

I think with the present inflation in the country and high cost of materials..7M-10M should start and finish a stabdard 3bedroom flat including the windows and doors plus septic tanks and bole hole

can you imagine.. kini borehole.. shey you cant dig a standard well and install submersible pump into it ni.. kini soakaway.. kini srptic tank.. bugdet money for one room for that.. elo loma na e... please you guys should stop interfering in others works and life... infact op you dont need a good engr or surveyour or arch.. let me tell you.. my dad spent 2m on a house... he sends money to his relatives.. he visits ones a year.. when ever he goes, the sand would have been washed by rain, the blocks would have been broken into pieces by rain.. this is how you can spen 100m on a simple 2bedroom flat.. if you are there, with an experienced or just an engineer.. just.. you will a roof fancy one over your head... ma da awon werey ye loun.. inum bimi go ni

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by hardbody: 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
4 million can not build a house baby girl
Except if you want to build a low budget house....even as at that I can bet my balls that money won't be enough....the highest that money can do...is to take it up to roofing level...anyway, just start it sha and see it has a continuous thing or project that must be completed over a long period of time ...

Building a house is not funny and easy...na so i start one last two years because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there

Yooo men Niggars don't give up bro
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by HEAVEN4444: 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
Elxandre:

How much can complete this?
Not sure bro i got the picture on the internet lol
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Sleekfingers: 3:38pm On Aug 25, 2021
authority2006:

What type of foundation is that?

A solid foundation....depending on the kinda house, that person is planning to build.....
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ojasweb(m): 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
steeltrust:
bro
Cut your coat according to your size
4million can build you a standard 3bedroom
Stop blabbing and ask me how
Were you no know another person know from there

The problem is STANDARD.

4m cannot build a standard 3 bedroom irrespective of the location, unless there's another meaning to standard.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by moremuch1(m): 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
MessiahMARLIANS:

Build Container Housings. They are alot cheaper.

This is the housing solution for the 21st century.

This ain't Brick and Mortar which are very expensive and susceptible to COLLAPSE.

With 500k, you have built yourself a very comfortable home compared to using CEMENT, SAND and BLOCKS.

Be Wise.

I'm an AGRICULTURAL HOUSING COUNSELLOR.

I can build you a 6 bedroom flat with WAY less than 4 million naira.

Can you build something like this with container??

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ojasweb(m): 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2021
nurudeen181:
very disappointed with most of the responses.. please why wont you allow engrs, builders to talk.. even if there are none and you want to talk you talk from experience... who said an architect can design a building where the cost will be simpler.. you are very ignorant of that... is an architect suppose to even build a house in the first place... where did you keep the quantity surveyours before making those false statement.. an engineer can not even esyimate for you the cost of a building plan... talking about 3 bedroom and 4m.. in places like the southwest, lands are affordable by the way you dont need a plot of land to build a 3bedroon.. half plot is ok.. not for manage.. ok j repeat.. those oponu apokunmeko who dont know anything about building should please delete their comments... op gon self.. why will you come to a public place and be asking such question if you truely are ready to do this thing... no be thesame nigerian man wey buy phone 25k talk say na 250k he buy am.. i wont talk much.. op, if no be for abj, lag, ph, and no be inside city or bubling town, dont get a full plot, and tell your olodo arch to design your dream for you... 4m oma to.. no be house you call am.. forget about tiles and all those rubbish.. see you can spend 200m on a single room self contain.. even more.. it just depend on what you can do now.. i am really really disapointed by this guys.. i thought everyone will respect their proffesion and stay out of this... then just dey soro.. awon tio ni iru eni....

Egbon no need for insult. Contribute your experience and let everyone learn from it. When i was about to purchase steel coated roofing sheets, i come online to do research, and that really helped me. Otherwise, i could have spend way more than the actual cost. Coming online to ask is not a bad decision. It is left for the OP to take the good advice and ignore the terrible ones.

4 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by stillseth: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2021
How much is one ring for well? And how many rings would be needed? We dont know the situation of the land/soil..but lets say he uses 10 rings..how much does that cost? Including submersible? And about septic tank..so he should build house without proper septic tank? Make e dey shit dey throway am?

nurudeen181:

can you imagine.. kini borehole.. shey you cant dig a standard well and install submersible pump into it ni.. kini soakaway.. kini srptic tank.. bugdet money for one room for that.. elo loma na e... please you guys should stop interfering in others works and life... infact op you dont need a good engr or surveyour or arch.. let me tell you.. my dad spent 2m on a house... he sends money to his relatives.. he visits ones a year.. when ever he goes, the sand would have been washed by rain, the blocks would have been broken into pieces by rain.. this is how you can spen 100m on a simple 2bedroom flat.. if you are there, with an experienced or just an engineer.. just.. you will a roof fancy one over your head... ma da awon werey ye loun.. inum bimi go ni

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ibechris(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2021
steeltrust:
bro

Na fowl house u wan build abi na turkey.

Pls,let us always say it the way it is.
Window alone is close to 400k,doors about 280k in total or more. Roof alone will or might take u close 1million and above.

My roof alone took me 1million and above,that is both wood work and the aluminium sheet together with their labour.

Let us not speak in the past,things have gone crazy especially this year.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Yea it will but might not finish the project. Let me show u on how to go about it. If u r building a 3 bed room flat, just tell the engineer to the forming and German floor for u. Then tell him that he will inspect it from German floor to roofing stage which should not be more than 3 or 5k per visit use local Manson for the block work they collect about 40 naira per block.
Block work to parapet = 1200000
Roofing use 4.5 mm for ur roof=1300000
Window and door -700000
Plastering/window hook=350000
Toilet firings =250000
Tiles go for China tiles=700000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000
Just budget 5m and ur work is done don't get discourage by comments u see here. Good luck.
No Engineer will visit a site for 3k. Even mason na 4k.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Felicox(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2021
Nairalanders can be very funny. A very simple question that would have created nice conversation and helped a lot of people has now been made useless. The simple question op asked was; can 4m build a house? and what type of house can it build?
4m can definitely build a house, but what will determine is the quality of the finishing is the size of the house. But it can definitely build a one bedroom house with very good finishing.

3 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by daroz(m): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
why waste such money on roofing ? when you can do the latest trend which is a house with no roof
If no roof, what will you now use to cover the top of the house? Plantain leaves?
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ojasweb(m): 4:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
Felicox:
Nairalanders can be very funny. A very simple question that would have created nice conversation and helped a lot of people has now been made useless. The simple question op asked was; can 4m build a house? and what type of house can it build?
4m can definitely build a house, but what will determine is the quality of the finishing is the size of the house. But it can definitely build a one bedroom house with very good finishing.

It appears the OP modified the post. Seems the original post was asking if 4M will be enough for a 3 bedroom flat.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by steeltrust: 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
ibechris:

Na fowl house u wan build abi na turkey.

Pls,let us always say it the way it is.
Window alone is close to 400k,doors about 280k in total or more. Roof alone will or might take u close 1million and above.

My roof alone took me 1million and above,that is both wood work and the aluminium sheet together with their labour.

Let us not speak in the past,things have gone crazy especially this year.
oga I said it can even standard sef
Which kind of roof you wan use
Na the one otedola use for em house for banana island you wan use

Cameron zink re cheap and efficient
From dpc to window level is 6000 block with 6inches block after sand fill and 5inches from there
I did mine and I’m telling you can
Mine is on a half plot of land
I can take a picture and send to you

It standard
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by steeltrust: 4:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
ojasweb:

The problem is STANDARD.

4m cannot build a standard 3 bedroom irrespective of the location, unless there's another meaning to standard.
when you mean standard na the standard for ikoyi you de talk abi for maitama you mean

Oga with 4million better block and everything go reach
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Captainjack100: 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
steeltrust:

From dpc to window level is 6000 block with 6inches block after sand fill and 5inches from there

Please post some pictures here and how much did you use for the total package?.
Won't mind a breakdown from you as well

It standard
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Captainjack100: 5:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
steeltrust:

It standard
How much did you use overall? Please post some pictures and a little bit of breakdown won't be bad.
Thanks
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by phorget(m): 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2021
steeltrust:
bro

Everybody won't live in a cave like you bro, a home should be made a home and not just the cave you might have built for yourself. A modest 3bedroom would still gulp millions depending on your finishing.
That 3bedroom you built with 4million won't stand the test of time without you having to fix one thing or the other on a daily bases. This one no be "follow who said road" matter, we are talking about a home not just some shits.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by lomprico(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:
What type of house can it build?

Is it advisable to go for it?

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

The soil is strong.

yes, standard 3 bedroom bungalow.

dont mind the fools saying otherwise. you have to be the site manager though cos d site engineer and builders will suck u dry if u dont follow up bumper to bumper.
do all or most purchase by yourself if u can.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Carmal90(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
ojasweb:

The problem is STANDARD.

Don't mind them,
I have spent 3.3m on my project yet, I never do bulglary,pop, Windows,plaster,and the rest...

Things are very expensive now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by phorget(m): 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
daroz:

If no roof, what will you now use to cover the top of the house? Plantain leaves?

Ayam not understanding too bro,maybe they will use palm fronds.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ojasweb(m): 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
steeltrust:
when you mean standard na the standard for ikoyi you de talk abi for maitama you mean

Oga with 4million better block and everything go reach

When you talk about standard, are you talking about a house without water, tiling, painting, etc? If yes, then i believe that's a new meaning to standard.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Emola12(m): 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
u people no sabi anything at all if i carry dat 4m enter ondo state there eeh hmm.... aswear i go buy land and confirm 4bedroom flat on top
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by sylve11: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2021
hmmm cool
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by steeltrust: 7:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
Captainjack100:

How much did you use overall? Please post some pictures and a little bit of breakdown won't be bad.
Thanks
drop your WhatsApp number I’ll give you break down and if possible you can visit if you re in delta

No mind all this nairaland people if you get 4m use it now before you chop am finish
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by steeltrust: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2021
phorget:

Everybody won't live in a cave like you bro, a home should be made a home and not just the cave you might have built for yourself. A modest 3bedroom would still gulp millions depending on your finishing.
That 3bedroom you built with 4million won't stand the test of time without you having to fix one thing or the other on a daily bases. This one no be "follow who said road" matter, we are talking about a home not just some shits.
oga stop showing your self

If you’re rich enough to build a ten million house doesn’t mean I can’t use my 4million to

The one I build is standard enough for me and my family

Stop showing your self as if you you fit build gold castle

I’m a living proof and my house is standard

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by steeltrust: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2021
ojasweb:

When you talk about standard, are you talking about a house without water, tiling, painting, etc? If yes, then i believe that's a new meaning to standard.
I have all
I use the normal standard tiles for everywhere In the house

In delta sinking of borehole is very cheap as in 40k don sink am for you
I bought my gp tank for 60k

Were the thank is located is which is the standing pole is 150k

We not saying a duplex here
A standard three bedroom and 4m can do that and you will still have change like 200k or less
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Segzy19: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2021
How?

With 4000naira per cement bag?
4 blocks at 1000 naira?

Maybe it's just a 1-room apartment in your village
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by drtwist(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:
What type of house can it build?

Is it advisable to go for it?

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

It depends on the location in Delta State but 4m can give you a self contained apartment
The soil is strong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) / Lagos Demolishes Adebutu Kessignton, Baba-Ijebu's 4-storey Building / Portfolio Of Seasoned Builder/engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.