Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,477 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:01 PM

Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) (1947 Views)

Is Yorubaland The Most Peaceful Region In Nigeria Now? / Yorubaland:the Economic Backbone Of Nigeria / Historical Yorubaland: The Ibadan - Ijaiye War. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by cocolacec(m): 7:07am On Aug 26, 2021
bomb24:

these same prostitutes ur conehead brothers fantasize on and spend millions to marry jst to erase their bad genetics.
Bad genetics to be replaced by criminal genetics Like drug dealer DNA,Baby factory/trafficking,Olosho work etc.
Tufiakwa.Father forgive my yoruba brother for do not know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by bomb24: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2021
cocolacec:

Bad genetics to be replaced by criminal genetics Like drug dealer DNA,Baby factory/trafficking,Olosho work etc.
Tufiakwa.Father forgive my yoruba brother for do not know what they are doing.

u can go and tell that to ur over-bleached alaafin of oyo who decided to have an Igbo blood run through his ancestry....

6 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Queenslander(f): 7:22am On Aug 26, 2021
bomb24:

these same prostitutes ur conehead brothers fantasize on and spend millions to marry jst to erase their bad genetics.

Lmao grin grin

There's even a present Igbo first lady in the south west!!

Queen of the west grin

7 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by loveth360(f): 7:57am On Aug 26, 2021
cocolacec:

Who wants to marry retired prostitutes from Igbo erosion village.?
Your mother is here with me.

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by RisenJoe(m): 7:57am On Aug 26, 2021
bomb24:

u can go and tell that to ur over-bleached alaafin of oyo who decided to have an Igbo blood run through his ancestry....

K. O

3 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by RisenJoe(m): 7:58am On Aug 26, 2021
loveth360:

Chai, zukwanuike

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by loveth360(f): 8:00am On Aug 26, 2021
LamidiCownu:

Don't worry..
Biafra would happen soon and you'd be shipped back to your enclave where you wont have to deal with them anymore.

Ungrateful scum
Child of hate,we don't want to continue having anything to do with wicked things.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Obamaofusa: 8:33am On Aug 26, 2021
FinestWine:
This is becoming a trend, and if not checked will cause a great problem in the existence of Yorubas.

Yoruba women are slowly being displaced from the Yoruba society. Our men are now becoming more involved in Inter-ethnic/Inter-racial relationship. There is no household in the Oduduwa nation you encounter today without some kind of foreign blood in it. Our men prefer getting married to Igbo women, Edo women and other ethnicities in Nigeria.

I have even met some Lagos Igbo women who now go by yoruba names because they think it is fashionable or that they want to appear yoruba. Thus taking our men and identity.

Check some yoruba person you know, either the mom is Igbo or from Edo. Even some of our favourite celebrities are not fully yoruba e.g; Davido's grandma is an Igbo woman, his mum is an Edo woman, thus making 25% Yoruba (you what I'm talking about), now he has a son with an Igbo woman. Yemi Alade's mum is an Igbo woman from Abia state. Waje's mum is also an Igbo woman. And Mr Eazi's mum is an Igbo woman from Delta state. Do you see the trend here? And nothing is assured any of those would have a kid with a Yoruba.

I think our men love Igbo women because of their lightskin and exotic looks.
Now where does this leave us yoruba women with other ethnicities?
Igbo men, as you have may noticed love marrying from their ethnicity or from any other African tribes, Races but never Yoruba.

We are watching while yoruba women are slowly, systematically being displaced from their own society, and one day might, no longer have a say because foreigners now have 'yoruba kids', thus putting them higher up in the hierarchy.

This Osu is crying.
I suspect that you are a fulani terrorist.
Yorubas are beautiful and likeable people who love varieties .
Yoruba men were the very first to marry whites because of their love for varieties.
Yoruba men have always married their Yoruba women in millions to sustain the Yoruba DNA of beauty and greatness.

Igbo women that Yorubas have married to help take them away from slavery are not even up to 3000.

Yoruba women would not marry an Igbo man because they are afraid that they might be eaten up one day either by the man or his kins.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by LamidiCownu: 8:47am On Aug 26, 2021
loveth360:
Child of hate,we don't want to continue having anything to do with wicked things.
The feeling is mutual you know

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by cocolacec(m): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2021
loveth360:
My mother doesnt live in Nigeria.Your mother and grandma lives in a brothel where you were raised.

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by loveth360(f): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2021
cocolacec:

My mother doesnt live in Nigeria.Your mother and grandma lives in a brothel where you were raised.
Your mother is not telling you the truth,maybe because she is ashame.Your mother is right here with us.

And she is doing well,the money she got from here is what she use in feeding your lazy ass.

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by ccffwx: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2021
Forget bashing and propaganda, Yoruba men prefer Igbo women to Yoruba women. They can spend so much to get Igbo women. They hardly want to seen with their tribes women. What a pity!

5 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 26, 2021
I have written about it before. https://www.nairaland.com/6618668/intermarriage-against-self-preservation

Inter ethnic marriages need to be reduced or it will display some group.

Minority groups can easily be displaced by inter ethnic marriages.

Also women and men can be easily displaced in a given society.

Yoruba men want to marry igbo, yoruba women want to marry igbo men because they are caring.

When yoruba women marries igbo men, automatically the children becomes igbo, and that is a minus for yoruba tribe in terms of population and also a minus to yoruba men because they won't be able to reproduce with yoruba women to give birth to yoruba children, that also means that the yoruba tribe can go extinct.

Samething if yoruba men marries igbo women, it is a minus to igbo population and culture.
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by cocolacec(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2021
loveth360:
Your mother is not telling you the truth,maybe because she is ashame.Your mother is right here with us.

And she is doing well,the money she got from here is what she use in feeding your lazy ass.
Fool how can my mother be feeding me,a grandmother for that matter.not everyone online is below 30 years old .Run along little ashewo girl.Anakuna,dont delay your customer.

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by cocolacec(m): 11:11am On Aug 26, 2021
ccffwx:
Forget bashing and propaganda, Yoruba men prefer Igbo women to Yoruba women. They can spend so much to get Igbo women. They hardly want to seen with their tribes women. What a pity!
This is not true,I am a Yoruba man Married to beautiful Yoruba women.
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by olawalepopoola: 11:16am On Aug 26, 2021
I am Yoruba and I married a Yoruba. My male children can marry from any tribe as long as they are bringing in the choice of God for them and adding more children-in-law to my family. All I want for my kids is a marital bliss. My daughters can marry other tribes too, if the aforementioned is achieved. However my daughter MUST teach her children how to speak Yoruba. That is so important.
Marriage is not about tribe, it is have happiness till the end.
Inter-marriage isn't new in Yoruba land.
One of Oramiyan's wife was from Benin
Sango's mother was a Nupe

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by theInterpreter: 11:18am On Aug 26, 2021
olawalepopoola:
I am Yoruba and I married a Yoruba. My male children can marry from any tribe as long as they are bringing in the choice of God for them and adding more children-in-law to my family. All I want for my kids is a marital bliss. My daughters can marry other tribes too, if the aforementioned is achieved. However my daughter MUST teach her children how to speak Yoruba. That is so important.
Marriage is not about tribe, it is have happiness till the end.
Inter-marriage isn't new in Yoruba land.
One of Oramiyan's wife was from Benin
Sango's mother was a Nupe
this is exactly what I said in the FTC
The Yoruba language MUST be upheld
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by loveth360(f): 11:25am On Aug 26, 2021
cocolacec:

Fool how can my mother be feeding me,a grandmother for that matter.not everyone online is below 30 years old .Run along little ashewo girl.Anakuna,dont delay your customer.
Your mother is right here.we dey call her mama d mama.

Even your dead father used to come here.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by olawalepopoola: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2021
theInterpreter:
I made Yoruba language compulsory in my home. All my children MUST speak it by force. When they get to school, they will learn English language as a foreign language. Most Nigerians professionals today speak their native language since childhood.
We need mentality change
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by olawalepopoola: 11:27am On Aug 26, 2021
theInterpreter:
I made Yoruba language compulsory in my home. All my children MUST speak it by force. When they get to school, they will learn English language as a foreign language. Most Nigerians professionals today speak their native language since childhood.
We need mentality change.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by Naigleria1: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2021
The reason why most of us Igbo men marry within our own is because our women are healthier, smarter and way more beautiful, it’s not about tribalism or liberalism or conservatism or any of that bullshit, it’s just a preference. If I see a fine Yoruba lady with an ugly Igbo lady next to her, I’d go for the fine Yoruba lady, but the thing is that the relationship may not last long because of their rotten behaviour and iberiberism.
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:31pm On Aug 26, 2021
This is hands down the most stupid post I have read this year.
Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by naija4life247: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2021
loveth360:
Who want to marry dirty things...

I now know why you are lonely, sad, bitter, miserable and depressed. No man will come near a miserably bitter sex starved woman.

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by naija4life247: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2021
Naigleria1:
The reason why most of us Igbo men marry within our own is because our women are healthier, smarter and way more beautiful, it’s not about tribalism or liberalism or conservatism or any of that bullshit, it’s just a preference. If I see a fine Yoruba lady with an ugly Igbo lady next to her, I’d go for the fine Yoruba lady, but the thing is that the relationship may not last long because of their rotten behaviour and iberiberism.

Self praise is good, it helps to reduce depression and suicidal thought. No Yoruba girl from a responsible family will marry a drug pusher or a human trafficker

1 Like

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by flokii: 8:59pm On Aug 26, 2021
@OP The problem with Yorubas is that we're too liberal and like forming enlightened.

Let me paint a scenario for you.. I know a guy whose father hails from one of the core North West states and his mom from South West.. believe me the guy identifies strictly as a Northerner from North West and speaks Hausa. I doubt if he understands Yorubas sef.

Yoruba men on the other hand marry from South East, South South and North but you see Igbo women are fond of indoctrinating the kids they bear for Yoruba men to love, dress and speak Igbo which is a very harmful trend on the Yoruba race. A typical example is Rotimi Akeredolu, the Ondo state governor married to an Imo State woman, all his kids are now married to Igbo women cos they grew up being Igbo and loving Igbo. They just bear Yoruba names but are Igbo at heart.

In Igbo land, they hardly allow their sons inter-marry, even if he succeeds in marrying from outside, the family would have a wife of Igbo stock standby for him. When they hear their sons want to marry Yoruba, most develop high bp and stroke. They so hate mixing with Yorubas but oversabi Yorubas always open arms to everyone.
I know for a fact that they don't allow their First daughters (Ada) marry from outside. I once met one who said she can't marry outside her tribe no matter what and she married a man from her village.

Yorubas need to wake up else we won't be seeing our culture and heritage in 100years from now. Even our history will be erased and replaced with those of Igbo, Edo, etc. etc. ethnicities. This is a wake up call to all to start using our brains and think of the after effect of our actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by jneutron4000: 9:01pm On Aug 26, 2021
theInterpreter:
Nah
I don't believe in all this you wrote
Yoruba are liberal(maybe too much)
So saying we should stop marrying other ethnic groups is impossible
All I think we should ramp up is making sure the children are Yoruba
We must extremely guard our culture
Sango's mother was reportedly Tapa(Nupe)
I don't believe in percentages(we are not black Americans that have lost their culture)
We all have a little of external blood in the end
We Yoruba have migrated so much so we've mixed with dozens of groups but we've done something successfully which is keep the Omo kaaro-o-jiire culture intact
We will continue to do that

What should be the priority now is exterminating the western influence
We should push for making Yoruba language and culture a must learn up to the WAEC level in all of our territory
English can't be cumpulsory while Yoruba is sidelined

Inter-marriage is nothing if we keep the culture strong
The Yoruba influence must increase - not reduce
That liberal nature of Yoruba is a big problem, we need to start being conservative, Yorubas should marry Yorubas if you can find any Yoruba person to marry within Nigeria, go to Benin Republic or Togo. We would start discriminating against half Yorubas especially those from Igbos and Fulani. You are right with your submission especially the aspect of ensuring we put the Yoruba language and culture in our education curriculum.

2 Likes

Re: Inter-ethnic Relationships In Yorubaland. (the Systemic Displacement) by omoharry(f): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2021
theInterpreter:
Nah
I don't believe in all this you wrote
Yoruba are liberal(maybe too much)
So saying we should stop marrying other ethnic groups is impossible
All I think we should ramp up is making sure the children are Yoruba
We must extremely guard our culture
Sango's mother was reportedly Tapa(Nupe)
I don't believe in percentages(we are not black Americans that have lost their culture)
We all have a little of external blood in the end
We Yoruba have migrated so much so we've mixed with dozens of groups but we've done something successfully which is keep the Omo kaaro-o-jiire culture intact
We will continue to do that

What should be the priority now is exterminating the western influence
We should push for making Yoruba language and culture a must learn up to the WAEC level in all of our territory
English can't be cumpulsory while Yoruba is sidelined

Inter-marriage is nothing if we keep the culture strong
The Yoruba influence must increase - not reduce
That was well said .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northerner:why I Rejected 15k To Protest Against Nnamdi Kanu / If Lawan Wins, It Will Be The Best Thing To Happen To Southern Nigeria / Labour Party women's Meeting Narayi Chikun LGA Kaduna State Yesterday(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.