Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,676 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855370 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Sandra734030:

God bless you. Same way he was arguing with me also. Las las nobody be VO for here.

You are welcome. When it's time, all of una wey be agent go display your company name or you go comot. Katikati.

Sis, don't "plush" for anybody jare, just follow the rught people with the better info.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gentledaf(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bushboy009:
I asked this question last week and nobody answered me . My point of entry is Toronto and my final destination is Sydney novia scotia . Will I quarantine at Toronto or my final destination. T for thanks

I think it would be Toronto being your point of entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 2:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
Aarh! Ma, I thought the 3 days isolation at your POE ended in 9th September
Lianna2020:
You are quarantining for three days at Toronto beofee you can move to NOva scotia
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2021
Congratulations

TheLee:
PPR alert.

My brother got his PPR.
I’ve been following since the last thread.
Happy to testify on this thread.

May 14 applicant
Upfront medical and biometrics in May.
We submitted all documents we could think of.
I’m his sponsor while he’s covering his logistics.
A year bank statement from me (USD $24000), his 5 months bank statement.
A letter of reference from a superior, statement of purpose, birth certificate, school certificates, proof of both our employments and that’s about it.

-We sent a couple of webforms and also his tuition receipt over time.
We just decided to start hounding them every other day when we got approved today.

Thank you to everyone who has shared and kept our hopes up through this journey. Wishing everyone waiting the best and the strength to hold on even when it’s exhausting.
Congratulations to every PPR receivers today. It’s upward from this point. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 3:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Not so
He will only quarantine at final destination (Nova Scotia)
Please check updated travel advice on Covid test/Self-isolation /Quarantine

Lianna2020:
You are quarantining for three days at Toronto beofee you can move to NOva scotia

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Okay then , hopefully he sees this .
gaduchendu:
Not so
He will only quarantine at final destination (Nova Scotia)
Please check updated travel advice on Covid test/Self-isolation /Quarantine

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EzekielMab(m): 3:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
Any may applicant still expecting a response here , you can send a DM.

Maybe we can create a group together

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Globalk:
Hello good people of this great platform. I have been searching for wayout on Google , just found this great platform here. Pls , I applied Admission for my cousin to NBCC and we paid tuition non refundable confirmation fee of 500$ and fortunately for him , his visa was approved , so I requested for his enrollment letter as adviced by a family in Canada. On requesting for his enrollment letter on 8th Sept, 2021, the school replied that his Admission has been cancelled since he did not attend the first class on 7th Sept and we have already booked his flight ticket, just want cancel it now , pls , do you think the enrollment letter will not be asked as the point of entry if he decide to travel, after sending several calls/mails to the school, the school replied that we can only defer his Admission to September, 2022 . Pls, I truely need your candid advice ooo. VERY URGENT, AND THOSE THAT RECENTLY ENTER CANADA SHOULD PLS REPLY IF THE ENROLLMENT LETTER IS NEEDED

I’m not a gurus ooo, but as your cousin paid his/her full tuition fees? because most of these school always have the deadline for full tuition fee and this might be the reason why the admission was cancelled coz his/her non refundable fee is just to secure seat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TradeSunMoore: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bushboy009:
I asked this question last week and nobody answered me . My point of entry is Toronto and my final destination is Sydney novia scotia . Will I quarantine at Toronto or my final destination. T for thanks

You will quarantine in your final destination; which is Sydney Novia Scotia.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Harbay30(f): 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
congratulations

best wishes in your sojourn to Canada

Nieall:
LONG POST ALERT
Been a silent reader just seriously reading through the thread on people’s success stories and also people’s delay stories.
Worried myself sick because I had no update whatsoever concerning my application until today I got my ppr.

My timeline
First time applicant (Masters in Public health 1yr co-op program)
Application submitted- May 12th 2021 (Non- NSE)
Biometrics- May 17th 2021
Upfront medical updated- June 4th 2021
Eligibility- Started sometime today I guess
Bvl- September 13th 2021 11:58am
Ppr- September 13th 2021 12:10pm

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
Imm forms (even though I made some little mistakes while completing the IMM1294 form I was so scared and worried about)
Declared denial for US study visa in 2018

LOA
Evidence of requirement of co-op to complete my masters

PROOF OF FUNDS
Sponsor’s (my dad) bank statements (normal & mbs), investments with firstbank, houses & land documents
Notarized affidavit of financial support
My salary account bank statement
Proof of payment of fall term tuition

ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
3 page sop
CV
Work documents (Employment letter/ ID card/ letter of reference from my work supervisor/6 months pay slip)
NYSC certificate
Bsc degree certificate/ transcript ( from school and also included authentication and course by course analysis I had done with wes)
Toefl test result
CAC documents ( shares distribution and company directors with my name included there in my family owned company not functioning at the moment I just used it for home times basically)
Birth certificate
Parents international passport
Scanned copies of my old international passports with multiple visiting visas for USA and France with travel stamps.

This thread really helped me got a lot of information I used for my application from this thread and applied myself no agent involved. The wait was really crazy had to defer my admission to fall 2022 but I’m glad all my prayers worked eventually. Praying for those yet to receive a positive response that your ppr is on the way and it will end in praise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
No you only quarantine at final destination

And that's if you not fully vaccinated 14 days before your travel date. Eg if you took your last dose of 1st of July then, you will deemed as fully vaccinated on 16th July. If I were you I will add another 3 days to it even 4 days. I hate stories

Guys I will advise we update ourselves with travel advice on travel.gc.ca. Also check on the Province of territory you heading to. Take your time and read through what they saying covid19/Self-isolation /Quarantine.

Gentledaf:

I think it would be Toronto being your point of entry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
Guys

Ghost updates
July 7th Applicant

They should just send me approval and PPR bayi

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by debbzJay: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
Godsfave:

Congratulations to you sis! I tap into your testimony

And so shall it be for you too. Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by debbzJay: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2021
EvE11:
Wow. Congratulations.

I connect to your testimony. Already received BVL (9th Sept). Waiting for PPR.

Praying it comes it out positive for you too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Congratulations
TheLee:
PPR alert.

My brother got his PPR.
I’ve been following since the last thread.
Happy to testify on this thread.

May 14 applicant
Upfront medical and biometrics in May.
We submitted all documents we could think of.
I’m his sponsor while he’s covering his logistics.
A year bank statement from me (USD $24000), his 5 months bank statement.
A letter of reference from a superior, statement of purpose, birth certificate, school certificates, proof of both our employments and that’s about it.

-We sent a couple of webforms and also his tuition receipt over time.
We just decided to start hounding them every other day when we got approved today.

Thank you to everyone who has shared and kept our hopes up through this journey. Wishing everyone waiting the best and the strength to hold on even when it’s exhausting.
Congratulations to every PPR receivers today. It’s upward from this point. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 3:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
gaduchendu:
Guys

Ghost updates
July 7th Applicant

u submitted complete nse documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
makano:
Hello Bayo

Your sponsor must proof that really he or she is ready and committed to sponsor you all though your study in Canada, he must state the amount he will be committing to your studies, well being, accommodation e.t.c, and a signed and stamped letter of Sponsorship of your spomsor from a recognized High court in Nigeria comes to play here....

Now in your case, you need more than just what you mentioned in your post cos he is neither your Dad or mum, you must show your relationship with your said sponsor (your Uncle) considering the fact that he doesn't have the same surname with you....

You must explain the relationship tree of yourself and your Uncle, has your said uncle sponsored you in your academics in the past?
Or has he had any commitment to your well being in the past. all this will have a positive impact to convince the VO that truly he will be responsible for you while you study in Canada...

Note, you will need to convince the Visa officers more for any sponsor aside your biological parents, the Visa officer should be convinced of the commitment and readiness of a 3rd party Sponsor//

It will end in praise..

Peace

Thank you so much bro. My question again is this, since my sponsor is not the same surname, if he writes a letter, tax clearance and passport data page and affidavit of sponsorship from the high court, and I include all the undergraduate school fees payment claiming he is the one that sent me the money, his name can’t be on the receipt since I am the student do you think that would or should convince the VO enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gaduchendu: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
If you have the time read through thoroughly

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid

Frankalvinz:

I'm not sure (correct me if I'm wrong please) but I thought you have to spend 4 days in a hotel at the point of entry as a part of quarantine, before moving to your preferred place of 10days quarantine (In his case Nova Scotia).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2021
just got a refusal letter today no sufficient fund ,I will reapply again
May 15th

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Myki007: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
Sorry, pls how did you get the ghost updates, via mail or on your profile?
gaduchendu:
Guys

Ghost updates
July 7th Applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by favyonyi: 4:05pm On Sep 13, 2021
mhozzis:

we applied the same day. Has your eligibility started?
Yes.. it started almost immediately I applied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
If truly he was the one that paid for your undergraduate fees, then you should have a record of such transaction via bank transfer.. His name will reflect in the transaction history as the creditor....

Also I will advise you work on the family/relationship tree, if you have any past pictures of both of you or pictures of himself with your parents or pictures of him with yourself and siblings e.t.c just to show he is closely related to you and your family , that will also convince the VO..

Peace

Bayor65:

Thank you so much bro. My question again is this, since my sponsor is not the same surname, if he writes a letter, tax clearance and passport data page and affidavit of sponsorship from the high court, and[b] I include all the undergraduate school fees payment claiming he is the one that sent me the mone[/b]y, his name can’t be on the receipt since I am the student do you think that would or should convince the VO enough?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hello Gadu

Ghost update doesn't mean such application will be approved, it just shows they are currently working on prolly the last stages of your application which will result in either approval or refusal....

But I love your positive spirit, you will be granted what you want which is an approval..

It will end in praise..

Peace
gaduchendu:
Guys

Ghost updates
July 7th Applicant

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chichinwanks96: 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2021
Please what's a BVL letter
I was sent one August 11 and nothing yet, is this a good or bad omen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
Of course...

So far you actually went to Canada to study and not do otherwise..

Peace

Malone122:
Evening to you trust you good please I have a question a bit confused here
IRCC stated that one cannot change DLI once approved from outside Canada…..
What about a situation where one actually uses the approved study permit DLI to travel and lands in Canada gbam!!! Lmao
Can the DLI be changed ASAP to another school?? Informing them of the change without having to attend the former one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hello Chichi

Send them either a mail or webform..

A final decision has been made on your application since last month, so you wont be kept waiting when you already have a final decision..

Peace
chichinwanks96:
Please what's a BVL letter
I was sent one August 11 and nothing yet, is this a good or bad omen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 4:21pm On Sep 13, 2021
Jessica50:
just got a refusal letter today no sufficient fund ,I will reapply again
May 15th
Sorry man! Order your gcms notes today and let’s go again!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
Copied from Gracedson

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 2 copies of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier.

TheLee:
Please what’s the process of sending passport to Abuja?

Heard they are faster

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chichinwanks96: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2021
Thank you
My agent said that they asked for updated bank statements. But she didn't provide any letter. I had to send another mybankvisastatement of the accounts to them. After that, I have been sending webforms and emails, no response yet.
Is this pattern normal?

quote author=makano post=105779514]Hello Chichi

Send them either a mail or webform..

A final decision has been made on your application since last month, so you wont be kept waiting when you already have a final decision..

Peace[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoryokondu: 4:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
elenewton1:
Copied from Gracedson

How I sent my Passport to Abuja.

I did my Biometrics in Lagos but I sent my passport to Abuja,
So I had to pay a transmission fee of NGN 8,920 to this account
CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.

I bought a fresh brown envelope and added the following documents, so follow:

- Your International Passport itself (That your passport !!)

- Print only 1 copy of the transmission fee payment receipt and put in your envelope

- 2 copies of your passport data page (I printed it in colored copy)

- Those stapled papers that was given to you after the completion of your Biometrics (put them as it is [original copy] not the photocopy)

- The PPR letter (1 copy)

- 2 copies of the Consent form (I filled and signed the second page only) . Download the consent from here: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/dominicanrepublic/pdf/Consent-Form-TTS-English.pdf

- A plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number (this is not really needed though, but I added it)
NOTE: I paid for 2 ways Courier at DHL and insured it to and fro

2 courier means: As I am sending my passport to Abuja, I want Abuja to send back my STAMPED passport to the address I stated on the Courier.

Two copies of consent form? I put only one ooo hey God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
makano:
If truly he was the one paid for your undergraduate fees, then you should have a record of such transaction via bank transfer.. His name will reflect in the transaction history as the creditor....

Also I will advise you work on the family/relationship tree, if you have any past pictures of both of you or pictures of himself with your parents or pictures of him with yourself and siblings e.t.c just to show he is closely related to you and your family , that will also convince the VO..

Peace

That’s true. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kenthro: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hi, I am going to submit my biometric tomorrow. What do I take with me

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.