Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855910 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chemosupremo(f): 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
PCR test is covid-19 test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chemosupremo(f): 11:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
Teemenzo:

What's PCR if i may ask

Covid-19 test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
chemosupremo:

Covid-19 test

Ok i get.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
PaPaJayden:
Mine has been updated to passed since September 17th. The wait in the past few days is more frustrating than the initial 4 months wait I endured, before getting a medical request letter

Wow, we will hear good news. You are most likely getting your approval since they have requested for the medicals. Congrats in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:09am On Sep 26, 2021
chemosupremo:
Kindly assist

How much is PCR test in Lagos.

#50,400
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pinkgems(f): 2:49am On Sep 26, 2021
Finally PPR!!!!
Didn’t get a mail and my account hadn’t been opening for some days now.
Just tried logging in now and it went through, only for me to see my PPR was sent since Monday Sept. 20!
It has ended in praise!

PS: Review of eligibility is still stating We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
pinkgems:
First time applicant
Application date: May 15
Upfront medicals: May 19
Biometrics completed : May 27
Eligibility review started: June 6th
Correspondence letter: September 17

No PPR letter yet.

Please what do I do next?

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oyalfares: 3:20am On Sep 26, 2021
Congratulations@ pinkgems
pinkgems:
Finally PPR!!!!
Didn’t get a mail and my account hadn’t been opening for some days now.
Just tried logging in now and it went through, only for me to see my PPR was sent since Monday Sept. 20!
It has ended in praise!

PS: Review of eligibility is still stating We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 26, 2021
viviangogos:
Nah, it is clearly stated that you must do a Covid test 72 hrs before your flight, even clearly stated the rules around the 14 days quarantine for non vaccinated flyers. And cleared that everyone must have a quatantine plan even if they are vaccinated until they are cleared at the POE to be eligible as fully vaccinated. You need to visit the cic site to read through and you will see so much mentioned. Which is why I am really particular about this 4 weeks to resumption. Note that I know that this is a post Covid rule and strongly enforced by the airlines. but just a thought about the genesis since most of the rules are clearly outlined on the CIC page. However, someone just told me that the school sends it as part of the travel restriction when you are applying for the enrollment letter needed to travel. No wonder they ask about the flight details even before releasing that letter as well. Thanks for your input.

ok.thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sandra734030: 4:35am On Sep 26, 2021
PaPaJayden:
grin grin grin any time you hear "I WILL COME BACK TO SHARE MY TIMELINE", just forget it, they never do. Especially if its coming from " I'm a silent follower/reader of this group". These people get so much here and refuse to give back.

They come to take from the group and never give back to the group. It’s unfair sha but it’s well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikkieshow: 4:59am On Sep 26, 2021
Did your visa have a September or January start date?
Sammychi90:
Good morning everyone...

I'm I'm grateful for this thread. My stamped passport just arrived and I have deferred my program till next year Jan 10, please can I book my flight in November
30th and when uploading my new admission letter, do I need to state my reason for my deferral?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikkieshow: 5:12am On Sep 26, 2021
Anyone already at Trent University Ontario?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olasubomy: 5:57am On Sep 26, 2021
TheGbemisola:
Hello Everyone. My Gcms notes just came in now. Apparently my Application is being processed in Addis ababa office. It’s quite blank though. Eligibility is blank. Can someone help me with the mail of their Addis ababa office or How do i get in touch with that office and also can i send mails to the secondary office too. Is that safe. Thank you

Send to the Addis Ababa Office since that's the primary office processing your Application. If you send it to London, they will re-route it to Ethiopia, but no harm in sending it to London,
addis@international.gc.ca
consul.addis@international.gc.ca

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 6:10am On Sep 26, 2021
Happy Sunday guys!
Does it mean KLM does not accept one- way bookings?? Please how is it done ,cuz we tried booking and they kept on asking for return date...destination Montreal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayok90: 7:24am On Sep 26, 2021
I wish all PPR hopefuls good news this week ijn Amen..

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 7:29am On Sep 26, 2021
Chisolove3:
Happy Sunday guys!
Does it mean KLM does not accept one- way bookings?? Please how is it done ,cuz we tried booking and they kept on asking for return date...destination Montreal

The selection is there. Just check well and choose one way. The return date field will disappear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emmasonic4me: 7:33am On Sep 26, 2021
viviangogos:
Hello Emma,
I have been reading about this 4 weeks before resumption timeline but I just want to know if you have any link from IRCC website I can reference it. A friend of mine experienced same too but you know if we see the source, we can know when they lift it as well. I searched cic website thoroughly today to no avail. But I saw it on 3rd party immigration website. Please share if you have it.
Thanks

Hi Vivian,

It appears that 4 weeks rule is silent on IRCC website. However, my school mentioned it on one of their International students FAQ page that students can only travel 30 days to their resumption date. So, I want to believe it's one of the Covid-19 readiness plan put in place by the schools and the airlines are communicated too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aminat2000(f): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you. May this Sunday's grace open doors of PPR this week for all that are still waiting. Amen!!!

Please my gurus I have questions;
1) Please how long does it usually take to complete the whole Immigration process when you arrive Canada? Can a layover of about 7hrs be sufficient for me? I'm asking because I don't want to miss my connecting flight.

2) Those that recently travelled on British airways, does the airline enforce a return ticket or is one-way acceptable?

Thank you all for your time.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2021
Teemenzo:

Hmmm sorry, can you ask again. Thanks

Assuming am still expecting approval, and i defer my admission, if am to upload my revised LOA to CIC too, will they receive it that day and what will be the prove if they've received it?
If i apply for my study visa today, like what time duration can i likely get a medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2021
OK...thank you
Emmasonic4me:

The selection is there. Just check well and choose one way. The return date field will disappear.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 8:21am On Sep 26, 2021
RollyA:
I later read that it was the visa officers error.

If you can afford it, just JR. Likes of Ugo and Ogayemi will gladly take your case if they feel you did justice with your application.

The visa officer reason uploaded is a certified court copy .

Application just got refused 7th Sept. Gcms wouldn't have been out this time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:25am On Sep 26, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Assuming am still expecting approval, and i defer my admission, if am to upload my revised LOA to CIC too, will they receive it that day and what will be the prove if they've received it?
If i apply for my study visa today, like what time duration can i likely get a medical request?

I don't know about the first question. But the second one is this, IRCC does not have a timetable for the process. They can tell you after a month or even 5 months. That's why the advice of upfront medicals is always been put on here. Just go and do your medicals . They have passed mine without asking me to do it. No time definition in the canada study visa thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 8:31am On Sep 26, 2021
I have a question please.

Do I still need to do IELTS?

I heard of recent, thev stopped asking for the NSE requirements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mhozzis(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2021
For those that got PPR after deferment of admission, pls how did you proceed.

Do I start my study permit afresh?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 9:09am On Sep 26, 2021
She has MSc in what program? Let me share my experience. I have BSc in Sociology, MSc in international business and Management and I received an offer to study another MSc in Employment Relations. I’m also an auditor in a financial institution. All these were stated in my study visa application. I wrote a convincing letter that as an auditor, I audit HR department and needed to hone my skills in that area. I also made sure my LinkedIn profile reflects ‘HR auditor’ should in case … I received PPR last week.
Zocken:

Answers please

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by koolice009: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Guru's in the house please I need you all...apply for a thesis based masters at the University of Saskatchewan and hoping to get funding from the school.
I need to know if my answer should be YES/NO to the question "Is your ability to attend a graduate program dependent upon receiving funding from Usask"
My fear is if I answer YES, will it affect the decision to give me admission and if NO, will that affect decision to get funding?
Please advise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Phrank1222: 10:00am On Sep 26, 2021
First time applicant
- Application date: March 17
- Upfront medicals: May 11
- Biometrics completed : April 14
- Eligibility review started: August 12
- GCMS Note : Ordered 3 times, the last one stated “Recommend Interview” for my eligibility status
- Correspondence letter: September 2
- Emailed MP and the response was that my application has passed the requirements and awaiting final documentation
- I keep sending reminder emails to Nairobi everyday

Still No PPR letter yet.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2021
Phrank1222:
First time applicant
- Application date: March 17
- Upfront medicals: May 11
- Biometrics completed : April 14
- Eligibility review started: August 12
- GCMS Note : Ordered 3 times, the last one stated that “Recommend Interview” for my eligibility status
- Correspondence letter: September 2
- Emailed MP and the response was that my application has passed the requirements and awaiting final documentation
- I send reminder email to Nairobi everyday

Still No PPR letter yet.

Hopefully you will get your PPR tomorrow since you have received your Biometric Validation Letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2021
Teemenzo:

Pls how do they know. I want to learn

If the applicant has an online profile - LinkedIn Facebook and his place of work, and they decide to check and his his profile has the master's which he hasn't declared, that's how they might know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 10:25am On Sep 26, 2021
The MP of Manitoba refused to attend to me saying Afghanistan resettlement takes central stage and all that.... This people want to frustrate me but God dey for me..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Somekay: 10:48am On Sep 26, 2021
Please is a five year old required to Covid test for POE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 10:57am On Sep 26, 2021
You didn’t understand me, I’m saying the visa officer referring to your funds as being in a company account is an error.

Please are you going for JR then, how long did it take for your notes to get out. My lawyer is also waiting for my notes.

Legacyedition:

The visa officer reason uploaded is a certified court copy .

Application just got refused 7th Sept. Gcms wouldn't have been out this time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2021
RollyA:
You didn’t understand me, I’m saying the visa officer referring to your funds as being in a company account is an error.

Please are you going for JR then, how long did it take for your notes to get out. My lawyer is also waiting for my notes.

My application was refused 18 days ago

Jr Rule 9 note ( gcms note)

14 days after payment.

7 days after Court sent filling documents to lawyer and ircc

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.