Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (892615 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BolaT53: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2021
Teemenzo:

I'm september 20, biometrics updated and medicals passed. Since september 24 when medicals was passed, its more silent than a snake's den.

Oh this is my second application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nonsoooooo: 10:18am On Oct 08, 2021
Any August 14 applicants? Have you gotten a medical request? Or have your eligibility review started? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 08, 2021
For those that got refusals. I am soo sorry.We feel ur pain.Am not a guru at all nd I have never been refused or have experience with that.I have not received a decision too but I will advice that instead of giving up or even if u have concluded to give up,do urself a favour and at least request for ur GCMS note.u may be surprised that after reading it,u may change ur mind to either reapply or if u have d fund and patience ,go for Judicial review.
Australia is even harder than Canada ooo.Even to get admission to Australian Universities na war
For U.K, the problem is life after ur Post graduate work permit which is just two years and after that ,u r not sure of ur stay as u will begin to look for a company that will sponsor u or u have to pack ur things and go if you dont find sponsorship.and if u r married, it's even worse cos even if ur wife comes there,she will only come as a visitor.She cant work.If u give birth there,ur child does not have automatic citizenship like US,Canada and Australia. Canada may be very very difficult to get ur study permit in comparison with U.K but once u are in and u live by their Laws, believe me u and ur Family will never regret it.My Family has just my eldest brother in Canada who is a PR now and married to a Citizen. His going abroad changed our lives.My mom has traveled twice to visit him.my Dad is not interested in Traveling. my brother says he can apply 4 PR for his retired parents which is possible now.
The wait is worth it believe me.2023 ,no one knows what will happen. Tinubu of all ppl has started his campaign in Lagos from his London sick bed.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2021
drealsahmy:
Hello everyone, hope you’re having a good day.
I want to start my application for undergrad/Diploma degree soon for Fall next year....i am only looking at technical schools, My waec i got C6 in English and Mathematics. I am going for Computer Science/Computer system technician or any related IT course...
I’m aiming for a 2yrs or more diploma

I already checked Nait, MacEwan and NorQuest college.

I need your advice concerning my waec and any other low cost college i should look at. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2021
usor00:
I DECLARE TODAY A GREAT DAY, LET PPR RAIN TODAY.AMEN
amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2021
Teemenzo:

I'm september 20, biometrics updated and medicals passed. Since september 24 when medicals was passed, its more silent than a snake's den.
some ppl has had theirs silence for 3 months now ooo.some ppl Background check is never completed on their GCkey till they get ppr.some ppl eligibility starts on their GCkey the day they get BVL nd PPR. Key is just patience bro.

I dont advice anyone to resign from his Job to concentrate on Visa application ooo.it takes weeks for some ppl,others, months and others, years to get Visa ooo.key here is make sure u r busy to reduce ur tension. I check my GCkey every Sunday after church. lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dharmiiee: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2021
Just got my medical request some minutes back.
Nonsoooooo:
Any August 14 applicants? Have you gotten a medical request? Or have your eligibility review started? Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AKANLE2: 10:31am On Oct 08, 2021
HELLO GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

PLEASE I NEED CLARIFICATION, I MAIL MY SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG, THAT I WILL BE COMMENCING MY STUDY IN JANUARY 2022 AFTER I VE SENT MY LOI TO THEM BUT THEY RESPONDED BY SAYING MY PROGRAM HAS REACHED CAPACITY AND THAT I VE BEEN WAITLISTING TO THE NEXT INTAKE.

WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY WAITLISTING?

WHAT SHOULD I DO BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS JANUARY EVERY YEAR INTAKE ARE THEY PUSHING ME TO JANUARY,2023 ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olajigaolamide: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2021
Please how do I order for the gcms note
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2021
Do you mean they have charhed that extra amount from your account?
Haa, how na? Please go to your bank immediately to clarify what the extra is for?

I used Flywire, I was only charged the equivalent of the exact amount on my invoice using the official CBN rate of 412 to 1Naira. They did not charge me anything extra at all oooo. But the ones I have heard, mentioned 15k additional charge though.

Chemicalboy1:
Please guys that paid tuition fees through western union bank solution, how much additional charges was debited??

Been trying to pay through Gtb bank 2.9M but the booked balance is showing over 4M.
Like can they take over 1M additional charges
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2021
I used Just Canada to order for mine, see link below
https://www.justforcanada.com/order-gcms-notes

Their fee is 19cad and I am sure you can pay with your Naira card. There are alot of 3rd parties too.
Like get gcms

olajigaolamide:
Please how do I order for the gcms note

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2021
Good morning guys, trust everyone is good? Congratulations to everyone who has got PPR, for those waiting it will end in praise and to those who get refused, it’s just a delay and there is still light at the end of tunnel never give up on your Canada dream.

So my wife just check her IELTS General results, She got overall 6.0band, can she add this IELTS results to her Study visa application or we should trash it?
Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2021
Ok, they will definitely update it.
My eligibility started the same day I received a medical request. I think most times they do not just update the profile cause alot of people received PPR and their eligibility review were even yet to start.

All the best to you and us all

BolaT53:
I applied 1st October. Has your eligibility started if yes when did it start.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Josh121(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2021
Please who can help me review my statement of intent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BolaT53: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2021
Okay Thank you. All the best to you too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lobinche101(m): 10:58am On Oct 08, 2021
August 16. No level since medical passed
Nonsoooooo:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by iyiolarufai: 10:58am On Oct 08, 2021
When did you apply?
dharmiiee:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 10:59am On Oct 08, 2021
I only delayed because I’m bf.
I’d get it over there, that’s the reason why all my courses for fall is blended online.
By January I should be fully vaccinated to start lectures on campus.

Enjay316:
ok.UCW is requiring testing every week I hear for students not Vaccinated to enter their Campus.believe me u dont wanna be spending that money for testing every week.

for thos not Vaccinated, pls try to get ur Vaccines.most school will require u to get tested every week if u r not vaccinated for u to attend classes.teting is not free remember but Vaccines are free
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dharmiiee: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2021
August 14th
iyiolarufai:
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Enjay316:
ok.UCW is requiring testing every week I hear for students not Vaccinated to enter their Campus.believe me u dont wanna be spending that money for testing every week.

for thos not Vaccinated, pls try to get ur Vaccines.most school will require u to get tested every week if u r not vaccinated for u to attend classes.teting is not free remember but Vaccines are free
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:01am On Oct 08, 2021
Did you defer your admission? Were you given a new LOA yet? If you have your visa already, then you may have to keep writing them, find their top management if possible and write them to plead to be accepted.for the Jan 2022 session. It wont even be right to wait till 2023. That is too far na.

AKANLE2:
HELLO GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

PLEASE I NEED CLARIFICATION, I MAIL MY SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG, THAT I WILL BE COMMENCING MY STUDY IN JANUARY 2022 AFTER I VE SENT MY LOI TO THEM BUT THEY RESPONDED BY SAYING MY PROGRAM HAS REACHED CAPACITY AND THAT I VE BEEN WAITLISTING TO THE NEXT INTAKE.

WHAT DO THEY MEAN BY WAITLISTING?

WHAT SHOULD I DO BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS JANUARY EVERY YEAR INTAKE ARE THEY PUSHING ME TO JANUARY,2023 ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 11:03am On Oct 08, 2021
Hello,

Please any June 26 or around this date still waiting on an update on their study visa application.

There are in august already and June is still waiting!!

I pray for a positive update!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2021
Anyone in Memorial University of Newfoundland??
I need some answers concerning the admission requirements.

I got C6 in mathematics (WAEC) which is minimum score required
But i got C6 in English and the required grade as stated in the website is (A1 - B2 to meet the English language requirement. Otherwise, proof of English language proficiency is required)

My question is do I write IELTS ??

Should i
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 11:04am On Oct 08, 2021
Hello everyone, hope you’re having a good day.
I want to start my application for undergrad/Diploma degree soon for Fall next year....i am only looking at technical schools, My waec i got C6 in English and Mathematics. I am going for Computer Science/Computer system technician or any related IT course...
I’m aiming for a 2yrs or more diploma

I already checked Nait, MacEwan and NorQuest college.

I need your advice concerning my waec and any other low cost college i should look at. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2021
Congratulations to you in advance on your PPR

dharmiiee:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AKANLE2: 11:12am On Oct 08, 2021
Did you defer your admission? Were you given a new LOA yet? If you have your visa already, then you may have to keep writing them, find their top management if possible and write them to plead to be accepted.for the Jan 2022 session. It wont even be right to wait till 2023. That is too far na.

THANKS SO MUCH VIVIANGOGOS,I DIDNT DEFER MY ADMISSION AND NEITHER DO I VE NEW LOA. I HAVE MY VISA ALREADY AND ALL IS SET TO BEGIN CLASSES. I WILL DO EXACTLY AS U SAID, THEM NO STRONG REACH IRCC NOW.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by blueyuchay: 11:15am On Oct 08, 2021
Please i am currently filling the IMM forms, do i say YES that i was involved in military training? because of NYSC. i mean is nysc a military organization?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:23am On Oct 08, 2021
This is exactly what I showed and I had extra POF.

I have also ordered the GCMS notes and earnestly waiting to read them.

I deferred my admission already.

Kam3:

Bro they are actually blind ooo, me that I was refused based on home ties. I showed enough document with pictures to show that I am married and I am leaving my spouse and baby behind. I have applied applied for gcms and still expecting it tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:24am On Oct 08, 2021
Thanks so much.
Waiting for the notes.

Zocken:

So sorry to hear this man. I really was hoping you would get PPR. It is a delay. Refire!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BolaT53: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2021
Lmao, NYSC is not a military organization.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 11:26am On Oct 08, 2021
Hi guys.

Has anyone gone to submit their passport at dhl recently? How much did you pay to send to vfs abuja? I went to the dhl at ikoyi they said it’s now 6k to abuja instead of 8k please is this true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DestinationCann: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2021
I have ordered another one. The note that came in last week had lots of redacted pages. I saw something like sponsor: PA/Parents
and I'm baffled because my SOP states clearly that I am married with kids.

I used a joint account with my spouse and it was FD that liquidated 1 month before I applied. There's no lump sum deposit and I stated categorically that I. Self sponsored.

I paid fall semester fee and GIC of 10k and forwarded all to them before decision came.

I believe the VO is just bitter.

@ rollyA, please what's that VO's code again? That one that refused you and others baselessly.

To think some people are getting same PPR with fake documents ooo .

And you don't have to be scared, no 2 application is the same. We will get to Canada before 2023 election by God's grace.

Enjay316:
so sorry bro.please u need to apply 4 that note to know d real reason. this refusal 4 financial reason is rampant this days.did u have lump sum?.did u have sponsor ? who was ur sponsor ?. did u proove relationship with him?what of d source of income ?. I will like to know this info mayb we can get our head around it while please u must apply 4 that note.very important. I was honestly thinking u wud get d ppr.now am scared kind of but its well

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.