Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862584 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
olajigaolamide:
Well I have being refused for the third time. I am so much disappointed. I am thinking this is the end of the road
so sorry please when did you apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
Does first time applicant need to write SOP and LOE? Isn't just SOP? It seems LOE is for whom has been previously refused and is reapplying, am I right?
I'd also like to know if CV is mandatory to be submitted and does it have a specific format?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
olajigaolamide:
Well I have being refused for the third time. I am so much disappointed. I am thinking this is the end of the road

Jesus, why this people they do like this. No pity at all. So sorry pls don't give up. Refire and u wi get it this time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:03pm On Oct 07, 2021
Difference between SOP & LOE

SOP - Statement of Purpose
The theme of a SOP is geared more towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance studies & living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution etc.

See link below for
SOP Step-by-Step Guidelines & Pointers
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

Hints on Writing an SOP (Courtesy domakavelliiiiiii)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/1#88913289

How To Write a Strong SOP
https://www.studyliveexploreca.com/study-plan-sop

VERY IMPORTANT CLUES TO NOTE WHEN DRAFTING UR own SOP
https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/103#35275420

LOE - Letter of Explanation
The theme of a LOE is geared more towards the re-applicants (after their visa has been rejected in past). In this case, the applicant will start first-half of the letter by explaining what went wrong in previous applications and on what ground it was rejected. How those issues are addressed in the present application. In the later part of the letter the usual SOP stuff goes in.

See the link below for
Letter of Explanation (LOE) to address/tackle refusal reasons (Format and Sample in Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvi9p14sz5g

Credit:lekiboboe

Sheyman56:
Does first time applicant need to write SOP and LOE? Isn't just SOP? It seems LOE is for whom has been previously refused and is reapplying, am I right?
I'd also like to know if CV is mandatory to be submitted and does it have a specific format?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheShaman: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2021
You need to apply for your GCMS Notes as this is just a generic refusal reason. The notes will expand more on this, and you can tackle the issues raised in your reapplication.

Deajang:
Please I applied for visa and used my uncle as sponsor with an account of 17m, the reply came very late and this is the reason stated below…

1 am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

1- what does this really mean
2- what is a possible solution to it on reapplication

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fatukay123: 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello guys,
Thanks for gour support from start.

I want to book my ticket with ethiopian airline using their app, and I am not sure mayb I can pay with my GTB debit card?

Pls, has anyone booked his/her ticket with Naira debit card before?

Thanks in adavance for ur responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2021
fatukay123:
Hello guys,
Thanks for gour support from start.

I want to book my ticket with ethiopian airline using their app, and I am not sure mayb I can pay with my GTB debit card?

Pls, has anyone booked his/her ticket with Naira debit card before?

Thanks in adavance for ur responses
When do you intend traveling please ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by fatukay123: 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
gracedson:
When do you intend traveling please ?
Btw Dec. 15 and 19

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 07, 2021
Ayokaq:
Thank you @Teeprecious. D word 'let d buyer beware' really means a lot. He can advice d prospective buyer genuinely in more polite way. If you search Canada trend u will know have been in existence for long. Yes am once Canada prospective student applicant and have been refused visa 3times. I now consider studying at UK and am presently disposing all CAD that I kept for dis journey so that I can get pounds equivalent. Anyone that is interested can dm and I am ready to involve admin if need be. Thanks
There is nothing wrong with what she said.This is Nigeria and if u are selling something on this space of which u r not a regular contributor at least 4 more than one year that I have been following this thread b4 I jojned, Caveat emptor is important to state by regular contributor. This is Nigeria dude.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lianna2020:
You need to have a quarantine plan and you will only know if you will be exempted at the port of entry .

If your second vaccine is more or within 14 days day as at the time you are at Canada, you might not need to quarantine.

Saying this based on the landing gist so far on here.

Ehen ma'am have u been vaccinated now?.with hubby?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
We are not o, na 14 days quarantine get us like this grin.
I’d get vaccinated over there.
Enjay316:
Ehen ma'am have u been vaccinated now?.with hubby?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olajigaolamide: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lianna2020:
I can imagine how you feel and no it’s not the end of the road.
Just take some time off to calm down then order for your notes to know why and how best to reapply.
So sorry about the delay.

It will all make sense soon .

Well I have deferred my admission for 3rd consecutive time and the school only allow three deferral
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sheyman56: 10:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
Lianna2020:

The theme of a SOP is geared more towards the first time visa applicants. In this case, the applicant will more likely talk about how the advance studies is going to complement past academics and how it will brighten up the future career scope. In addition, various other topics will be addressed such as capability to finance studies & living cost, why particular program, why Canada, why particular institution etc.

See link below for

The theme of a LOE is geared more towards the re-applicants (after their visa has been rejected in past). In this case, the applicant will start first-half of the letter by explaining what went wrong in previous applications and on what ground it was rejected. How those issues are addressed in the present application. In the later part of the letter the usual SOP stuff goes in.

See the link below for
Letter of Explanation (LOE) to address/tackle refusal reasons (Format and Sample in Video)

Thanks Lianna. What about CV?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Braintrain: 10:31pm On Oct 07, 2021
Braintrain:

Hello so I just started my admission process today for Newfoundland I paid 120cad processing fee I’ll like to know what else I need to do
Any Newfoundland student or applicant here I’ll like to know how I can submit my official documents please thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 10:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
You can submit your cv and there is no required format.

It’s only when you are in and need to search for a job that you tailor your cv to Canada style but don’t stress yourself now.

Sheyman56:

Thanks Lianna. What about CV?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by QuinM: 11:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hi, I'm new here. Been a silent reader. But I believe my PPR is close.
May 31 applicant.
I love this family

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 11:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
fatukay123:

Btw Dec. 15 and 19
Nice, we dey move together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Enick: 5:20am On Oct 08, 2021
If I was previously refused a tourist visa in the past and never reapplied again but would want to now apply for Study permit, would I have to write an LOE or only SOP is required?

Thanks for your reply.

Lianna2020:

See link below for

See the link below for

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zocken: 5:33am On Oct 08, 2021
OctGsam:

God finally did for me. I learnt a lot from this platform including when I was putting my applications together.
First Time Applicant. Master program and 11+ years study gap. I ensured the master’s program is in line with what I do. #Silent – the master program I am going for, I already have the same certificate in Nigeria

Congratulations. If I may ask, what is the difference between your SOP and Letter of Explanation? What is the content of each?

Kindly clarify.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zocken: 5:45am On Oct 08, 2021
Davidbanky:

Will try one more for January

That's the spirit. Sorry about the refusal. It is only a delay. MAPLE LAND is for those that are resolute and willing...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 6:17am On Oct 08, 2021
I DECLARE TODAY A GREAT DAY, LET PPR RAIN TODAY.AMEN

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by freshdude: 6:37am On Oct 08, 2021
Hi people. Please can anyone recommend schools with affordable fees for masters in economics in canada. Also Which of the school is generous with graduate assistantship position. Even if it is after the first semester.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Opsy14: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2021
Hi, they will send you an email about the documents that needs to be submitted. Then they will also direct you on how to submit it. It can also be through that said email or on the portal.
But it will be written in the email on how to submit your documents.
Braintrain:

Any Newfoundland student or applicant here I’ll like to know how I can submit my official documents please thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2021
usor00:

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amblessed2021: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2021
Thanks. God will do it for all of us. It will end in praise!

tourphland:

Congratulations… Wao

can they just reply me too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2021
Not necessary but try & request for GCMS note for the TRV that was refused, you may see a hint to may help you in the SP application
Enick:
If I was previously refused a tourist visa in the past and never reapplied again but would want to now apply for Study permit, would I have to write an LOE or only SOP is required?

Thanks for your reply.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 8:24am On Oct 08, 2021
I'm August 4th Applicant as well. Check your msg inbox
viviangogos:
For mine, they did not update my upfront medicals until I got a medical request on 30th of September. I submitted the upfront emedical slip, then they updated to Pass on the 1st of October. Biometrics isnt even updated on that info section. Though on the top right, it shows the information for biometrics with date done.
I think once they pick up your file for active review, they will update the medicals.
#August4thapplicant

When did you apply?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 8:29am On Oct 08, 2021
usor00:

Amen and Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2021
Congratulations. When did your eligibility start?
SeuntoTheWorld:
It’s Ppr o
What God cannot do doesn’t exist
Second time applicant
First application
January 17
Refused February 6

Second application
Applied august 6
Upfront medicals August 26
Update August 31
Bvl October 1
Ppr October 4th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:44am On Oct 08, 2021
Seriously, i salute those that have waited for months ooo. Our waiting will be rewarded with good news in Jesus name

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Munamoqel: 8:48am On Oct 08, 2021
Teemenzo:
Seriously, i salute those that have waited for months ooo. Our waiting will be rewarded with good news in Jesus name
months?mine is over a year no responds after NSE.may be my application has been abandoned. I need a closure to move on to other places like uk ,Ireland or Norway just stucked. Eligibilty is 8 months now africans/Nigerians done over suffer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2021
Davidbanky:

I was refused, and it’s the second time
I paid full tuition
Over 16k CAD in statement
Doesn’t feel like they really check our documents …

time to move to another country.
so sorry dear.were you refused for financial reasons?.what was the reason for your 1st refusal and did u request for ur note to tackle it?.before you give up dear.ask urself this questions and answer it

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.