Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855954 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by vanqwerty: 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2021
drealsahmy:
What’s the online visa application link please?

And will i go through NSE or normal visa application?

Asking for a friend please it’s urgent

No one has gotten NSE request since June or so. Go to the IRCC website and click on Study, read and follow instructions.
Note: "Get a study permit faster" doesn't apply to Nigerians.
Even if NSE is still a thing, you still have to apply this same way. The system will detect and request for the documents to be submitted.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 5:41pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ketima:
Guys is PPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRR. Oh my Goodnessss

Sharing my timeline in a min. let me go bring it
And our eligibility started the same day
Applied may 23
Eligibility September 27th
Still waiting for my ppr
Trusting God for an update soon.

Congrats Ketima

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2021
Pls is this a one year prog
Perfectyyyyyy:
Good evening gurus and experts.

I just received my Lambton college Letter of Acceptance. Reading through it, I observed (see highlighted portion) that a section says “Deferral will not be approved”

Does this clearly mean I can’t defer my admission and or ask for a refund in cases of refusal or delay from IRCC?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 5:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
cool
eboigbedavid1:

All IMM form

LOA

SOP ( 3 pages)

Waec certificate

National Diploma Certificate

Gift of deed of a land from my mom and deed of transfer of the said land ( no survey, c of o, )

Gift of deed from my Elder brother ( Notarized) just to boast my account

His international passport

My Birth certificate from NPC

Letter and affidavits of sponsorship ( affidavits was notarized)

Bank statement of sponsor with reference letter

Used My Bank statement ( my paper bank statement was very bulky)

Reference letter from my bank

Employment letter from where I work( an industrial engineering firm)

Payslips

ID card

Reference letter from my work

Reference letter from my primary school ( went to my secondary school but dey were saying rubbish)

Police character certificate ( this one hard me)
Family photo

IELTS ( R:7.5, S: 7.5, L: 8.0 , W: 6.5).

My passport

My NIN

My mom's NIN ( she was my sponsor).

I just received my counterfoil. Jejely waiting for LOI ... na tortoise Lagos VFS be o

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BukolaNerd: 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hello everyone, please help me!!!

I am in a dilemma. I got my PPR on 22nd Sept, but my passport has been at the UK embassy since 7th Sept. Today makes it 6 weeks & 1 day that it's been with them (3 weeks over). I have written several times to UK to expedite my request - all to no avail. Similarly, I have filled the IRCC web form, sent multiple emails 3x daily requesting for an extension of the 30-day deadline - all to no avail.

My question now is:
Have you experienced or heard of anyone who missed the 30-day deadline and got refused?
Has IRCC ever granted an extension?
If the passport gets to DHL on the 29th or 30th day, will it count as "within the period?"

I will be grateful to get your thoughts on these please. I plan to cancel my UK application and request for my passport back tonight.

Thank you for your anticipated response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BukolaNerd: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
tobe1997:
No, Business Mgt - HR is a two-year grad certificate prog with co-op
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 6:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ur tuition cheap oooo...wow

BukolaNerd:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2021
I accepted theirs also..with faith...lol
BukolaNerd:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 6:29pm On Oct 13, 2021

I just received my Lambton college Letter of Acceptance. Reading through it, I observed (see highlighted portion) that a section says “Deferral will not be approved”

Does this clearly mean I can’t defer my admission and or ask for a refund in cases of refusal or delay from IRCC?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Using LOA ( Letter of Acceptance)
Does this implies that you did not make any school fees deposit?

Ketima:
MY APPLICATION TIMELINE (First Time Applicant)

Upfront Medical: April 29th (a month before submission)
Application submitted: May 29th, 2021
Biometric instruction Letter: May 30th, 2021
Medical Passed: 31st May 2021
Biometrics was done and completed: June 8th, 2021.
4 ghosts update (No of ghost update way I catch).
Eligibility started: September 27th, 2021
BVL: September 28th, 2021
PPR: October 13th, 2021

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
All IMM forms
International passport. (sent renewed one through Webform)
LOA
Digital Photo
Upfront Medical

POF:
Table of content
Tuition receipt (Paid 1year tuition)
Board Resolution Letter (she owns the company, so she used her company account)
Letter of Sponsorship
Sponsorship Declaration
Sponsors Letter of Explanation (here the sponsor talked about why she is sponsoring me, how committed she is in sponsoring me, how financially established she is to sponsor me, talked about her family and status and why sponsoring me won’t affect taking care of them in anyway)
Gift Deeds
Applicants Salary Statement of Account (so I didn’t submit payslips) (I had little less than CAD10k in account sent by my sponsor)
Applicants employment letter
Certificate of Business Registration with CAC
Sponsors International Passport
Sponsors Statement of Account (normal SOA)
Invoices and Receipts
MBS (sent via webform)

NOTE: Board Resolution Letter, Letter of Sponsorship, Sponsorship Declaration, Sponsors Letter of Explanation, and Gift Deed were all NOTORIZED.

CLIENT INFO:
Table of contents
SOP (5 Pages) (wrote it myself)
Birth Certificates (Mine, Wife, Mum and Siblings)
Dad Death certificate
Resume
WAEC
Bachelor’s degree Certificate and Transcript
NYSC Discharge Certificate
PGDE Certificate
PGDE Transcript
Training Certificates
Professional Membership Certificate
Employment Letters
ID Card
Court Statutory Marriage Certificate
Church Wedding Certificate
Wife change of name Affidavit
Wedding pictures
Landed Properties (Affidavit of Land Ownership, Receipt of Land Purchase, Survey Plan, Power of Attorney)
Shares Certificates
Car (Proof of ownership, insurance, Other documents)
Drivers licence
IELTS (7,7,7,5.5)
Email from Academic Advisor and Transcript Processing Receipt (as I applied with conditional LOA)

I give all glory to God who made this dream come through. And most especially, my appreciation goes to Frankrobn1 who even in his tight schedule, guided me in one or two places. Lekiboboe, who helped review my SOP and arranged it well for me. SweetJJ, who connected me to the person that helped me with PGDE transcript and encouragement and Ketima for believing I can do it on my own. And for all the members of Nairaland whose comments I screenshotted and stored for use, I thank you all and wish us all success and PPR. Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Heffalump(m): 6:51pm On Oct 13, 2021
Lekiboboe:

No I don't

Tell your husband to use the Father Sponsorship
Letter Sample as a template to draft an Husband Sponsorship Letter

Chief Leki, my sister got denied recently for some identified reasons. Although, she was advised to reapply if her condition changes. However, she tried to re-apply and after creating her profile, she returned to the page that says "continue with an application that has not been submitted ".

We noticed that there was no place to upload documents, in short no data available! Please what's responsible and how do one resolve this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Enick: 6:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
It is a 2years program. Business Mgt-HRM is a 2years program with Co-Op in Lambton.

tobe1997:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dunnibaby: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
dishydens:
Please anyone in Centennial College? Asking for a friend. There is an application fee of $95 on the school website. But apparently she received an admission letter from the international Africa email after submitting all required documents to them. Without paying the application fee? Can someone verify this please.

I applied to Centennial College and no application fee was paid.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2021
Teemenzo:
The truth is IRCC used Agbari in the case of Ketima. They actually forgot to send her PPR. it was her message that prompted them to give a call first saying there are discrepancies in her passports. No discrepancy kankan. They just needed an excuse. It is well jare.

Hahahaha. When I sent the mail this morning. Felt as usual. But then 20mins later, saw incoming coming call from Canada visa office Lagos. My mind skipped. See heartbeat. I said. God wetin I don commit oo. The lady behind the phone now said, shey I sent mail to them this morning, I told her yes. She said they saw little discrepancies in my passports that I should attach both and send as email. I sent. Started calling the number back. They left music to be playing into my ear. Had to end the call and left them to be. Then came the PPR.

I want to use this medium to thank you all for the warm wishes. Believe you me, it wasn't easy with the wait after BVL. But I know God will do It for us all.

It shall end in praises for all of us. Amen. If he can do it for an imperfect ketima application, then he will do it for us all.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2021
theboyy:

Just sent mine today,

Make sure you transfer the fee to VFS and place the receipt in your envelope with your passport. Plus dhl will collect a fee of 6950 naira (13,900 for two way courier).

Thanks. I'm sending to Abuja. Have paid the transmission fee and attached the receipt. Will head to DHL tomorrow for it. That's alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Share your timeline and documents submitted with the house. Some people get their PPR and only come back to ask for help without even sharing the good news...

Greatadams:
good day i plan to travel soon to brandon manitoba i need help on how to search for a house so i can get one before leaving
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2021
Wow, Congratulations to you. Your patience has finally ended in Praise ooo. May God grant to us all waiting for this good news in Jesus name, Amen

Ketima:
Guys is PPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRR. Oh my Goodnessss

Sharing my timeline in a min. let me go bring it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
But if you are not travelling till December, then you can as well use Lagos. I think it's about two weeks or so to process. I feel that extra 8920 can help in other stuffs..,lol. But then again, it's all your choice. Congrats once again

Ketima:

Thanks a lot, Lianna. But seems I have to use Abuja. Hears Lagos is too slow.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
BukolaNerd:

I am in a dilemma. I got my PPR on 22nd Sept, but my passport has been at the UK embassy since 7th Sept. Today makes it 6 weeks & 1 day that it's been with them (3 weeks over). I have written several times to UK to expedite my request - all to no avail. Similarly, I have filled the IRCC web form, sent multiple emails 3x daily requesting for an extension of the 30-day deadline - all to no avail.

My question now is:
Have you experienced or heard of anyone who missed the 30-day deadline and got refused?
If the passport gets to DHL on the 29th or 30th day, will it count as "within the period?"

I will be grateful to get your thoughts on these please. I plan to cancel my UK application and request for my passport back tonight.

I think you have done the best thing which is to cancel your UK application because this is a very complex case. My 2 cents. Wait for opinions from other experienced gurus.

May God Make It Easy For Us All
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Hello everyone,
Please what is the exchange rate of USD to CAD,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 7:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
TLS i presume, those guys are very funny. there was a time i paid for super priority and they didnt tell me that they had my passport for an extra week and still didnt tell me till the end. i simply walked into their stupid building and acted like i had an appointment and went to that their stupid front desk upstairs and told them my name, i acted like i had been alerted that my passport had already arrived and lo and behold they handed over my passport to me. this was in 2019 i think, moral of the story is sometimes email no dey work take the battle to their doormouth. when you go there dont act like a JJC be quick and dont over shalaye, if they still dont have it, then verbally stress them and explain your situation.
good luck!!!

BukolaNerd:

My question now is:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by theboyy: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ketima:

Thanks. I'm sending to Abuja. Have paid the transmission fee and attached the receipt. Will head to DHL tomorrow for it. That's alot

P.S- DHL on awolowo road barely has any crowd if you can make it there. And the atmosphere there is stress free lol. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chemicalboy1: 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
Iffylove:
Hello everyone,
Please what is the exchange rate of USD to CAD,

I paid tuition fee today... I USD to 412.85 Naira gtb rate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Chemicalboy1:

This is too high ooo. I also paid the balance of my first semester today in Access Bank at 412.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2021
Abeg everybody should avoid Gtbank joor.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2021
dunnibaby:

I applied to Centennial College and no application fee was paid.
how long was the duration before admission was granted please ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2021
Thank you,
what aboutUSD directly to CAD
Chemicalboy1:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
Chemicalboy1:

This was the rate they used to process PTA for me yesterday at zenith Bank. Teemenzo why would you say that it is too high? Because of .85cent that wouldn't even be upto 10 thousand naira?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SweetJJ: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2021
Teemenzo:

This is too high ooo. I also paid the balance of my first semester today in Access Bank at 412.

Bross how far na? Because of .85 cent? Have you tried calculating it? The difference is negligible ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:

Whilst they don't do deferral, you can withdraw your application and reapply for same program for another intake period, more like starting from scratch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 8:35pm On Oct 13, 2021
Teemenzo:
Abeg everybody should avoid Gtbank joor.

Bro, how long did it take Access bank to process your form A? ie From the day you submitted the documents till when your account was debited?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2021
vanqwerty:

No one has gotten NSE request since June or so. Go to the IRCC website and click on Study, read and follow instructions.
Note: "Get a study permit faster" doesn't apply to Nigerians.
Even if NSE is still a thing, you still have to apply this same way. The system will detect and request for the documents to be submitted.
Hope this helps.

Thank you
He has been trying to continue after login in to cic with Gc key, he set his security questions and answers after that continue: the website will say error or not logged in.

Why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.