Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855051 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:14am On Oct 14, 2021
Enjay316:
ur brother can even transfer the money with his mobile device with those info

Thanks. He has tried that already, it didn't work.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2021
Enjay316:
bro u should meet ur bank and tell them that someone wants to send money to your Domiciliary account from Canada. they will give u swift code, sort code,intermediary bank and all u need.u will be the one to send this info to ur sponsor. the Canadian bank does not have this info as each bank have their sort codes

Thank you.

I already did. The branch has not been of any help. It's a very small branch attached to a uni campus. The even told me the only information he needs to make the transfer is my dom account number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:16am On Oct 14, 2021
Hubmon360:
let him use world remit

Thanks, but I think that only works for naira.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agunnaya01: 7:25am On Oct 14, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Thanks. He has tried that already, it didn't work.

Let him use world remit, he’ll send directly to ur naija dom acc.

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 7:48am On Oct 14, 2021
Ok. Thank you so much.

I just put the date and left it that way
Ketima:

Hello dollymon,

You don't need to print and sign anything. Just put your name in were application, put date and validate. That's all. Some form will permit you to write your name but seems the family form( can't categorically remember again) won't permit to even write your name. So In that case, just put the date only and you're good to go. Please do not print and sign anything.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2021
Thanks for helping out
Ketima:

If it was an upfront medicals? they will give you e-medical slip, then that's what you will send via webform and email. But since It was medical request from IRCC, and as IOM has said they sent your medicals to IRCC, your free to be sending them mails as regards your medicals. Once sent by IOM or Qlife to IRCC, it will surely get to them and it will get updated accordingly.

Mind you, they, IRCC have backlogs of medicals to be updated. So you may need to give them sometime (hrs or days) to effect that.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kam3: 7:55am On Oct 14, 2021
Bayor65:
Hello house, my notes just came in. Please k need suggestions. I used my uncle as sponsor and he gave me his personal bank statement, cac and passport in my first application. The note is here please I need suggestions. Thanks
@makano

When did you apply for your note pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by drealsahmy(m): 7:56am On Oct 14, 2021
Good morning everyone...

And congratulations to those who got PPR this week!!

Can anyone outline the points to note on writing an SOP for study visa (Diploma)

I am drafting it now so it won’t be a problem for me in months time.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 14, 2021
Teemenzo:

Yes the first payment is the tuition deposit requested by Fanshawe college with a 30day deadline. The second one is the balnce for first semester tuition fee with another deadline. So with the two payments, my first semester tuition is completed.
ur course is for how long bro?.

y did u not pay 1st year tuition ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 14, 2021
Auta04:
Pls note. With GT Dom account, u can only transfer to another GT Dom Account any other bank cannot transfer directly to you
even from abroad?.I doubt that. please confirm.

I am aware within Nigeria most banks dont allow transfer from one dom account to the other if it's not the same bank but they can transfer outside to a bank outside the country. except if that has changed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2021
Kam3:

When did you apply for your note pls?

Last month
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2021
Ketima:

Hahaha. Is not easy but God will always prevail. It shall reach us all one after the other.
Amen.God will perfect our desires in Jesus name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 14, 2021
PatrickOkunima:
Thank you very much for your input sir. I'll share this with him.
I have told u what to do.the problem is not with ur uncle or CANADA.get the information needed from ur bank.He just gave u an example of keystone bank.diferent banks, different patterns. approach ur Domiciliary account officer or call him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Thank you.

I already did. The branch has not been of any help. It's a very small branch attached to a uni campus. The even told me the only information he needs to make the transfer is my dom account number.
can u imagine. lol.please go to a bigger branch and if the story is the same,quickly close that account. open with access bank.I can even give you the swift code and all here for access bank.but am sure u will get the right info in a bigger branch of GT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2021
Hello People,

It is great to be back, I was banned some 20days ago, my ban just got lifted, nonetheless I have been here everyday, reading through timelines.

To all PPR clinchers congratulations, the maple leaf country will favour us all in Jesus Name.

To those awaiting response, it will end in praise and be favourable outcome in Jesus Name. If you need to get your medicals done, book for it and get the upfront medical done.

For those refused, it is merely a delay, delay is not denial, order your notes to tackle and address the raised concerns by VO. It will end in God's praise.

To those about to begin their their applications, please take time to understand the process, dwell more on page 1, afterwards you can ask your questions and you did get responses to your queries. It will end in praise.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 8:19am On Oct 14, 2021
Jayrealest:
PPR Just landed for my family. Study for me and SOWP my wife. June 23 applicant. Details later cheesy

Congratulations..... It is a family celebration, go and excel in Canada. Praise God

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 8:25am On Oct 14, 2021
Teemenzo:

Two issues in the notes
1) Inability to show relationship with sponsor, sponsor's income and finanacial capacity
2) You did not show how established you as the applicant are. E.g. your job, business, family members, also submitting affidavit of return just to remind them you are coming back to Nigeria.

Those are my own thoughts, other thoughts will come in.

Thanks for this noted!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 8:25am On Oct 14, 2021
Ketima:
Guys is PPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRRRR. Oh my Goodnessss

Sharing my timeline in a min. let me go bring it

Congratulations..... Your hope, faith and perseverance paid off. It has ended in praise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 8:26am On Oct 14, 2021
Omiinii:
The VO has two basic problems with your application.
1.) The VO believes you didn't provide enough proof pertaining to the relationship between you and your uncle. Although he/she didn't have a problem with the funds in particular but he doesn't entirely believe your uncle provided enough evidence that those funds are free from any liens. The VO sighted that you also didn't prove that your uncle has made any financial responsibilities/affiliations for you in the past or currently.
2.) The second problem the VO has is your personal finance. Even with all the documents you've submitted, he/she believes you are not well established in Nigeria and if you get to canada you wouldn't be able to fend for yourself and ultimately, you'll not return to your home country.

Wait for more advice from the gurus here.

Got it. Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 8:30am On Oct 14, 2021
Bobomaigida:

Bayor, you can see that the issues raised aren't much as you were very worried when you were refused, others have shown you the issues, my contribution will be on what you need to do in your next application
1. Get documents that shows the business your uncle does like receipts, contract payments etc, that shows how he gets money.
2. Show your relationship with him, with pictures and if there was anytime he sent money to you get a snapshot and explain in your LOE
3. What do you do show your job ties and if you aren't working which club or coop do you belong to or do you have a sport club you are in take pictures and add
To tie all this you need a very strong LOE that can string a thread with all the 3 points stated above, once you do a draft of the LOE, don't be shy to ask for someone else to review it for you.
All the best

Great. Thank you so much bro I will do that asap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2021
I thought I should share this cos this helped me gain information and help me write my SOP.

so before putting in your application for a study permit, you need to consider the following factors

1. Your personal profile

2. The Logic of your application

3. The preconceived perception of the Canadian VO towards Nigerian applicants.

1. YOUR PERSONAL PROFILE: The Canadian application process does not give room for a face-to-face interview, everything is based on documentation. Since the VO is unable to see you, he/she needs to be able to build a profile of the kind of person you are in their head. The profile is a picture of some sort, that give the VO an idea of the kind of person you are, based on that profile the VO will classify you into a low, medium, or high-risk applicant and based on that make a decision on your application. If you are considered high risk, then no matter if the logic of your application is sound, you are still likely to be refused. Please bear with me, I am getting there. The forms you feel will help the VO determine your profile. So things like your gender, age, level of education, work experience, personal net-worth, previous international travel history, your nationality (in this case Nigeria) will determine your profile. Right off the bat, the fact that you are a Nigerian already brings up some level of risk that would not be associated with if you were applying as a US, UK, Australian, Japanese, Samoan citizen etc. So let's take the following scenarios

Applicant A: 17 years old, has been traveling overseas for the last 14 years for holidays, goes to an expensive school, the applicant also speaks fluent French, the father is a high net worth individual, has many businesses interests and is now applying to study engineering at the Mcgill University.

Applicant B: 27 years old, graduated from the University of Nsukka in marine biology 4 years ago, has been working as a biology teacher are kekedike secondary school, never traveled out of Nigeria before, and is now applying to go for a Masters degree in Fisheries at Ryerson University...

Who is likely to be profiled as low risk and who will be profiled as high risk?

credit:Zodiacwarrior

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 14, 2021
2. THE LOGIC OF THE APPLICATION: This simply refers to the ability of an applicant to Logically meet or even exceed the minimum requirements for a study permit approval as set by the Canadian embassy. There are three components required, these include clear purpose of visit, ability to fund the visit, and clear intention to return to one's own country upon completion of studies.

a) Clear Purpose of Visit: This is simply 'why are you applying to visit Canada?' An applicant must be able to demonstrate clear purpose of visit. In this case, it is to study. How do we know it is for study. You provide evidence. What evidence? A letter of acceptance (LOA) from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada. Okay the VO will see this and will say fine. But he/she is trained to probe further. They want to establish the logic behind the plan to study in Canada. So why not study in Nigeria, is the course not available in the almost 180 universities in Nigeria? Is the course at the appropriate level of study, if not why? Oga you have a Bachelors in Mathematics, why do you now want to pursue another bachelor's degree in social work? You have a degree in Biochemistry, why are you pursuing an advanced diploma in food science? The VO must understand the logic behind your actions, if there is no clear logic, then your purpose may be questionable, and that is not a good assessment for the applicant.

b) Ability to fund the purpose of visit: Recall that the VO has already classified the applicant based on his/her profile. The VO will now use this to confirm or dispute his/her suspicions about an applicant. Now this is where many people get it wrong, they think Canadian VOs are impressed by the volume of funds in an account. They are NOT! They are interested in who is the sponsor, why would the sponsor decide to invest so much money into the applicant's study ambitions, is the sponsor credible, will they follow through, what will they gain by sponsoring the applicant, has the sponsor demonstrated that the source of income is from legitimate business activities? Are they in paid employment or running a business, if running the business is it registered, do they pay taxes, what is their net-worth etc, so it is not about the money, but also about the sponsor. It is easily believable if a parent is sponsoring their child, why because they are responsible for the welfare of that child. It is easily believable if a bank is sponsoring an applicant, they will be getting the return on investment via principal and interest payment of the loan. It is less believable if an uncle or daddy's friend is sponsoring the applicant, does this uncle or daddy's friend not have his own children or personal responsibilities to cater to, what do they have to gain. It is more believable if there is a scholarship by a well-known organization being awarded to the applicant. etc So millions in the account means NOTHING without context and logic. However, imagine a 30 year old man relying on sponsorship from his father-in-law. He is unlikely to get a permit approved.

c) Applicant's intention to return to their home country: Congratulations if you have made it this far. I know the story is becoming too long but bear with me. The applicant's ability to demonstrate their INTENTION to return to their home country is key. In many cases, it is almost impossible to demonstrate this. How do you measure someone's INTENTION, it is an abstract thing. We see very rich people who sell all they have and migrate to Canada, USA, Australian because they want a better life for their children, they are tired of insecurity, poverty, power issues, bad roads, they just want a better quality of life. So personal assets cannot be a measure of someone's intention to return. We see people with well-paid jobs who also want to leave for the same reasons outline above. So a good job is not really a measure of one's intention. We have also seen people leave their loved ones in order to migrate for a better life elsewhere, so family ties is not also a good measure of INTENTION, in fact, some leave because of their family, in order to work hard and be sending money home to help support the family. So here one can only try your best and hope that after looking through the entire application, the VO makes a judgment call that you are low risk and approves the application. Nevertheless, you still need to make an effort to do so. This can be assessed by your profile, previous travel history, work experience, personal net-worth, assets declaration, family ties, job prospects upon return.

Credit :Zodiacwarrior

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 2pretty4u(f): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2021
Jayrealest:

Applied from Nigeria
MY APPLICATION TIMELINE (First Time Applicant)

Upfront Medical for myself and my spouse
Application submitted: June 23rd, 2021
5 ghosts update (for both of ud).
Eligibility started: September 27th, 2021
BVL: October 4th, 2021
PPR: October 13th, 2021

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
All IMM forms
International passport.
LOA
Digital Photo
Upfront Medical

POF: My dad as main sponsor and spouse's uncle in Canada as co-sponsor
Only paid admission deposit
Letter of Sponsorship
Sponsorship Declaration
Gift Deeds for landed property
Car documents
Employment confirmation letter (for myself and my spouse) Leave of absence (for both of us)
No personal account submitted
Dad retirement letter
Marriage certificate
Marriage pictures
Pictures of our vehicle and landed properties
Co-sponsor green card
Change of name for spouse
Letter of Attestation from Kabiyesi for the volunteer works done by my spouse
Sponsors Statement of Account (normal SOA)
IELTS & WES

Sponsors Letter of Explanation, and Gift Deed were all NOTORIZED.

Congratulations. please for IELTS, was it both of you that wrote the exam or just you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2021
3. The preconceived bias/stereotypic disposition VOs have about Nigerian applicants: In my personal opinion, I did not think this mattered in the past. However, based on recent reports, I can surmise that it now does. Whether you agree or not Nigerians do NOT have a good reputation globally. However, the media does not balance the way it reports stories about Nigerians around the world. The world gets the good, the bad and the ugly of Nigerians, which actually common to all other nationalities of the world. There are good Nigerians, and there are bad ones. There are good Canadians and very bad Canadians, there are good Indians, and very useless ones, there are good Americans and there are psycho ones too, maybe the pyscho ones are even more than the good ones, there are good Britons, and there are very lazy ones that live only on welfare etc, you get my gist. However, when the news is being reported about Nigerians, they won't report about the Doctors, Engineers, IT gurus, Professors, those in entetainment, real- estate doing great things, No. They will only report on the corrupt and bad ones, this forms a preconceived bias in the minds of the VOs. The country's govt is not helping matters, for example, Japan's study permit approval rate is about 95%, why Japanese don't even care to leave their country in the first place to go study in Canada, they have better Universities, technology, and will not have to struggle with the language, so when a VO sees a Japanese application they are delighted, and quickly approve, even if the Japanese person omits a thing or two in their application, they will mail them and ask them to bring that document, but that will NEVER happen if its a Nigerian applicant. It is unfortunate, but that is the stack reality. So, at the end of the day, it boils down to how your entire application looks to the VO. The VO would have considered all of the above, and then takes a decision whether is it worth the risk of approving the applicant's study permit or not.

So FINANCES ALONE IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO ASSESS ONE"S CHANCES OF VISA APPROVAL.

Use this guide to assess yourself. Take a decision about whether to proceed with your application. Prepare everything properly and make sure the application makes sense (Logic), then finally whatever God you call on, call on Him/Her/Them and hope they can touch the VO's heart.

hope this helps those new to this platform.

please make sure u start writing ur SOP on time.trust me u will edit and edit till u r convinced within nd look for a guru to proofread 4 u.Look out for grammatical errors too.They refused someone for just that some months ago.

credit :Zodiacwarrior

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 8:50am On Oct 14, 2021
Bukuns2000:
My ppr just dropped now, July 15, my story long gan oo but na God I will drop my story tomorrow

Congratulations. It has ended in God's praise. Canada will favour you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Testimonytime: 9:05am On Oct 14, 2021
Bukuns2000:
My ppr just dropped now, July 15, my story long gan oo but na God I will drop my story tomorrow

Congratulations. What He cannot do does not exist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Midex88(m): 9:08am On Oct 14, 2021
big kudos to amazing gurus in the house, i have actually been blessed and encouraged with viable information in this platform and i want to start this journey.
pls does getting admission into canadian university for masters and getting study permit thereafter afford me the opportunity to take along my wife and 1 child.

advise will be appreciated as i hope to start the processing as soon as possible.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2021
To all PPR hopefuls in the house, today is the day the Lord has made. We’ll be glad and rejoice in it. Hallelujah! AMEN.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2021
Midex88:
big kudos to excellent gurus in the house, i have actually been blessed and encouraged with viable information in this platform and i want to start this journey.
pls does getting admission into canadian university for masters and getting study permit thereafter afford me the opportunity to take along my wife and 1 child.

advise will be appreciated as i hope to start the processing as soon as possible.

Thanks

We’ve seen folks that had success with their spouse and children. They say two applications are different, but you want to convince the VO enough. I'm not an expert, just based on what I have read here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 9:16am On Oct 14, 2021
It does but you will have to apply for them thereafter and shows prof of funds that will be enough to carter for them.

Midex88:
big kudos to amazing gurus in the house, i have actually been blessed and encouraged with viable information in this platform and i want to start this journey.

thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 14, 2021
Please how long does eligibility take because I don't understand again. Mine started 2nd week of sept and I applied may 13th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2021
Blazca:
Please how long does eligibility take because I don't understand again. Mine started 2nd week of sept and I applied may 13th

Nobody knows. Sometimes some people get the approval and PPR while eligibility status is still or never started.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.