Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (868178 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RoyalDukeDon: 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2021
Yes you can use DHL, that's what I used,I paid for two way courier and they returned my passport to me after sending it.
Jay316:
Good day all.please,I am sending my passport to DHL to post to Abuja.please can I use any DHL office cos I went online and I saw a lot.I no want make person scam me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dimeji0822: 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2021
I'm planning to reapply
EstherAda92:

I want to follow track of your progress I am in the same position with you, I want to change my DLi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tolupeppe: 11:14pm On Oct 17, 2021
Bobomaigida:

Forget the first none, just put not applicable, the second one put your CGPA there.

Thank you soo much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iphydiamond: 11:15pm On Oct 17, 2021
[b][/b][b][/b]you can use the DHL office(isolo) close to airport road/ oshodi or maybe say opposite ladipo market.
I didn’t intend to get you flustered, I was just overtly excited about your good news. Shalom
Jay316:
Good day all.please,I am sending my passport to DHL to post to Abuja.please can I use any DHL office cos I went online and I saw a lot.I no want make person scam me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukuns2000: 11:36pm On Oct 17, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
Yes you can use DHL, that's what I used,I paid for two way courier and they returned my passport to me after sending it.
sorry how long did it take for your passport to get back to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2021
You do you want to reapply? Why not contact them with a detailed explanation of what transpired between you and your DLI to know what they will say, because, from what you wrote, it was not your fault.
If IRCC say reapply, then you can.
My understanding of what they wrote on their site is if YOU WANT to change DLI, then you have to reapply. In this case, nor be you wan change nah.

Cheers!

Dimeji0822:
I'm planning to reapply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dimeji0822: 12:56am On Oct 18, 2021
I made contact they said reapply
jayifeanyi1234:
You do you want to reapply? Why not contact them with a detailed explanation of what transpired between you and your DLI to know what they will say, because, from what you wrote, it was not your fault.
If IRCC say reapply, then you can.
My understanding of what they wrote on their site is if YOU WANT to change DLI, then you have to reapply. In this case, nor be you wan change nah.

Cheers!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehizario2012: 4:20am On Oct 18, 2021
This Canada runs. I've read about 50 pages of this thread now, but still don't have a full hang of it. Congratulations to all the success stories and, in advance to all the work in progress.

Graduated 2012, Geology. Been in banking from 2014 till date. Have a wife and three kids.

I intend relocating to Canada through the student visa process. Need to be sure on which would be better, postgraduate in geology or anything related to banking (based on my years and field of experience.)

Any advise on where to start from would be appreciated. God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 18, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 18, 2021
Iphydiamond:
[b][/b][b][/b]you can use the DHL office(isolo) close to airport road/ oshodi or maybe say opposite ladipo market.
I didn’t intend to get you flustered, I was just overtly excited about your good news. Shalom
my dear thanks.what u did was good dear.nothing wrong.u just brought my conciousness to what I was supposed to do.I joined this thread without much experience. thanks once more.abeg chat me up on Facebook messenger.lets relate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AOROGBEM: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2021
Thank you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 7:08am On Oct 18, 2021
Welcome on board fellow Canadan.

I am not a guru but a fellow applicant like you. However, from what I have learnt so far, it is better for you to apply for program closely related to your career(Banking or finance). This would show career progression. But be ready to write a very convincing story of your long study gap in your SOP.

Just start. God willing, you will get there!

ehizario2012:
This Canada runs. I've read about 50 pages of this thread now, but still don't have a full hang of it. Congratulations to all the success stories and, in advance to all the work in progress.

Graduated 2012, Geology. Been in banking from 2014 till date. Have a wife and three kids.

I intend relocating to Canada through the student visa process. Need to be sure on which would be better, postgraduate in geology or anything related to banking (based on my years and field of experience.)

Any advise on where to start from would be appreciated. God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2021
To Gurus and those who have successfully written at SOP.

I would like to ask if it is better to write a straightforward letter or create bolded subheadings inside the letter which is clearly addressing issues that may of concern. For instance,

Address.
Introduction
I am ABb and work with CDa and you
Why Canada
Because Canada is beautiful .....
Why this program
I am passionate about banking and management......
Home Ties.
My father and mother are in Nigeria and I have lands with cars.
Proof of Fund
I have 3billions in my account and a yatch in the sea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gokoyer1401: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2021
I am just asking on behalf of a relative. The person needs a good grade in a particular subject but he didn't get the good grade in WAEC but later got it NECO.
RoyalDukeDon:
I don't really know Sha, but why do u wish to combine the two? And for which school ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2021
Where are the PPRs?

I'm testifying today by God’s grace. AMEN.

I pray for good news to all PPR hopefuls too.

Let it rain.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RoyalDukeDon: 7:34am On Oct 18, 2021
5 working days,did biometrics in Lagos but sent to Abuja
Bukuns2000:
sorry how long did it take for your passport to get back to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 7:48am On Oct 18, 2021
We Dey here o. PPR for us in Jesus name.
I’m next in line to testify

nairagrounds:
Where are the PPRs?

I'm testifying today by God’s grace. AMEN.

I pray for good news to all PPR hopefuls too.

Let it rain.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2021
I used Headings and subheadings in mine made it look neater and easier to digest. It depends on your preference. The goal is to make your write up easy on the eyes of the VO. it shouldn't be too clumsy
Perfectyyyyyy:
To Gurus and those who have successfully written at SOP.

I would like to ask if it is better to write a straightforward letter or create bolded subheadings inside the letter which is clearly addressing issues that may of concern. For instance,

Address.
Introduction
I am ABb and work with CDa and you
Why Canada
Because Canada is beautiful .....
Why this program
I am passionate about banking and management......
Home Ties.
My father and mother are in Nigeria and I have lands with cars.
Proof of Fund
I have 3billions in my account and a yatch in the sea
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by VonVictor: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2021
Good morning to all,

I would like to know when would be the best time to request for my gcms notes. Can I request for it 1 month after applying just to see the progress or would it be too soon?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehizario2012: 9:07am On Oct 18, 2021
Thank you very much.

Perfectyyyyyy:
Welcome on board fellow Canadan.

I am not a guru but a fellow applicant like you. However, from what I have learnt so far, it is better for you to apply for program closely related to your career(Banking or finance). This would show career progression. But be ready to write a very convincing story of your long study gap in your SOP.

Just start. God willing, you will get there!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nathanD: 10:07am On Oct 18, 2021
Jay246:
Good afternoon nairalanders….. please I need an answer to this.
I received my letter for medical on the 23rd of Septemberand I was given a 30days deadline to do it… I was scheduled by IOM to do it on the 21st of October. My question is isn’t the date too close to the deadline for doing and submitting my medical details

I’m in thesame situation ohhh Qlife gave me 10nov which is 4 days to the expiration of my 30day I don’t know what to do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2021
surely; our week, this week smiley wink

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 10:11am On Oct 18, 2021
VonVictor:
Good morning to all,

I would like to know when would be the best time to request for my gcms notes. Can I request for it 1 month after applying just to see the progress or would it be too soon?
You'll probably find nothing in it. I'll say give it 2 months at least before you request for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Blurpy: 10:11am On Oct 18, 2021
Good morning all, the Msc program i am looking at set its admission requirement is a 70% grade. I want to know its equivalent in the Nigeria academic system on a 5.0 GP scale. I have researched on the internet but i could not find any helpful information. I have a 3.63/5.0 scale , would i scale the 70% requirement for the program? Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2021
Hello gurus in the house, while writing my letters of support who do I address it to, and please if I can see a sample support letter for father or mother. Any help is very much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bukaka(f): 10:21am On Oct 18, 2021
Good day my people. Biometric was July 1st and till now no request for medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 10:38am On Oct 18, 2021
Keema2404:
Someone please help ooo.
Why is it looking like I'm the only May applicant remaining .
Please if there are still May applicant can you pls signify.
Let my mind come down small..
#may6th
Calm down, me na may 23.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2021
Hello, please has anyone done medicals with IOM Abuja, my question is how do I pay my fees with them all their customer care lines are dead, they don’t reply emails and I am not in Abuja at the moment my apt is for the 25th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 11:01am On Oct 18, 2021
PatrickOkunima:
Good evening, house.

Two days ago, I asked for help on how to receive funds into my dom account from my sponsor. Thanks to your inputs, that problem has been solved. We opted for WorldRemit and it worked out. To all those who responded (Johnmark247, Enjay316, Agunnaya01, oyinlove15, Hubmon360), I am very grateful.

Now I have another issue. In my previous application that was refused, I was being sponsored 100% with all the funds in my sponsor's account. This time around, he has paid the full tuition and given me the fund to be transferred into the GIC account for my entire living expenses.

I intend to be self sponsored this time around. Will that be an issue?

If I'm self sponsored, does it make any sense for me to say he paid the tuition and provided funds for the GIC?

I await your response. Thanks in anticipation.

your welcome.

Been self sponsored isn't bad afterall many have gotten ppr as self sponsored all you need do is to prove with backup evidence any lump sum amount that would reflect on your SOA plus also prove how you can sustain yourself while even in canada with proof of how you would generate funds.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 11:03am On Oct 18, 2021
@ManLikeB...FIND ATTACHED THEIR ACCOUNT NO Payment Details:

THIS IS THE ACCOUNT I PAID INTO AND I DID MY MEDICAL IN ABUJA.

Name of bank: Standard Chartered Bank

Account no.: 0001847002

Account holder: International Organization for Migration
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 11:09am On Oct 18, 2021
Hi guys

I submitted my application last week, but there is an important document that I am realising I should have added. Is it advisable to submit it via webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 11:29am On Oct 18, 2021
Ketima:

Ok. You can send me a mail so I forward same to you. Make it a habit of sending mail to Nairobi and Lagos daily. I sent mail 8am, 12noon, 4pm daily including Sunday. So for them to call me and tell me shey I just sent them mail, means that they see our mails as it comes. So bombard them with mails ok.

It will end in praises for you
where you updating the mail or sending the same mail repeatedly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (834)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.