Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855975 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kankanio: 2:14pm On Oct 20, 2021
gaeul:
Please what is the official Cad to Naira rate. I need it for my SOP. I don surf internet Taya and I am getting different rates

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2021
Same Notes as mine - verbatim angry
BolaT53:
Good evening everyone please my notes came in today. I really don’t understand because my school fees has been paid in full by my sponsor and I have sufficient funds for my living expenses also in my account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NommyD: 2:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please, which bank gives PTA with a one-way flight ticket?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eboigbedavid1(m): 2:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
grace4ever2021:
yes i have been recieving mails from vfs and tracking aswel...but i sent mine to Lagos...and heres the mail i got today from vfs

The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ....................................... has been received from the IRCC Office on Wed Oct 20 2021 at the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja CVO and is ready for collection. For details on the location and hours of operation of our VAC, please refer to our website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nigeria. Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do not reply to this email.

Your decision envelope will be returned to you via the courier service offered by the VAC. Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice. Please refer to the 'Buy Services' page of the VAC website for further information on courier services offered by the VAC
Regards,

VFS Global

Worry no more... Your passport have been stamped and sent to Abuja vfs from where it will be sent to Lagos VFS. Then DHL will pick it up. Same thing happened to mine.. Lagos vfs > Abuja vfs > IRCC where it will be stamped. IRCC > Abuja vfs > Lagos VFS > DHL > delivered to you... That's d sequence of events

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 2:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
BolaT53:
Good evening everyone please my notes came in today. I really don’t understand because my school fees has been paid in full by my sponsor and I have sufficient funds for my living expenses also in my account
How many days did it take you to get the notes pls and which company did you use to order it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fleshofmankind1: 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
Am still waiting for PPR God please help me, I did medicals Last Thursday and got a message from Iom that it was taken to the embassy on Monday.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello Malone

No, it cant
Even when you have high BP in the clinic, they will advise you come back when your BP is normal.. High BP is never a reason to fail Medicals..

Peace
Malone122:
Hello house please hope High BP due to anxiety cannot affect medical results
Cc makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akanoa:

You will receive another email when it reaches Abuja VAC from ircc office in Abuja. Then it would be dispatched through their own courier service to DHL who will then bring it to you. Your passport should arrive on or before Friday.

But I got 3 emails the same day but at 10 mins intervals with the last stating is in transit to the IRCC office in Abuja OC.but to be frank I no understand the email. lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by aragbs4real05: 2:38pm On Oct 20, 2021
Jaymaster18:
My Timeline

This is my first application
Applied: may 29th 2021
Did biometrics: 1st june 2021
Did upfront medical on 28th may 2021, then medical was updated to pass 2nd june 2021.
Eligibility review and background check i wasnt even checking all those ones, so i didnt know when they started
BVL: 28th September 2021
PPR: 19th October 2021

My admission from centennial college was for september 2021 but i had to defer to january 2022 cos of visa delay, i also sent my new LOA for january 2022 to them via webform and email.

After i received my bvl on 28th september 2021, i started bombarding lagos,kenya,accra and london IRCC with mail everyday,

To God be the glory, ppr finally came in today

I thank God for everything.
Congratulations @jaymasters18
Please can you share me the ircc email addresses you sent mails to
thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=Fleshofmankind1 post=106905503]Am still waiting for PPR God please help me, I did medicals Last Thursday and got a message from Iom that it was taken to the embassy on Monday.[/quote

Please @flashofmankind1 do you mean you did your medical at iom on Thursday and you got a message that it has bn taken to embassy this Monday??
This people do the most I did mine on the 12th and I’ve not gotten any message from them yet ..I called them to ask and all they keep saying is it haven’t bn sent out yet . I really don’t get it tho it’s upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ekulu77: 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
Please can you share the format of the email and the email address
Thank you
Jaymaster18:
My Timeline

This is my first application
Applied: may 29th 2021
Did biometrics: 1st june 2021
Did upfront medical on 28th may 2021, then medical was updated to pass 2nd june 2021.
Eligibility review and background check i wasnt even checking all those ones, so i didnt know when they started
BVL: 28th September 2021
PPR: 19th October 2021

My admission from centennial college was for september 2021 but i had to defer to january 2022 cos of visa delay, i also sent my new LOA for january 2022 to them via webform and email.

After i received my bvl on 28th september 2021, i started bombarding lagos,kenya,accra and london IRCC with mail everyday,

To God be the glory, ppr finally came in today

I thank God for everything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
makano:
Hello Sweet

Note: Before IRCC can send an applicant PPR, they would have done their thorough check and investigation to see if truly the applicant meets the IRCC immigration requirements of a study permit Visa.. Meaning, for IRCC to send an Applicant a Passport request, it shows the application has been approved...

You cannot be rejected after PPR except you submit a fake Passport or you robb a bank and you are caught..

Peace

Actually there was som1 here who got ppr request and later got an email to say it was an error, then rejected afterwards...story about 2 sisters here.
She sent pictures as evidences...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hello Raimiade

First, its not compulsory you have 2 sponsors for an application especially when the Co-sponsor doesn't have the required funds for your study and also the expenses in Canada . In your case, your brother(hope its your blood brother though) can just be your sponsor, since your dad doesn't have money in his account according to you. Your focus should be on your main sponsor which is your brother, but since you have submitted your application, leave it like that... Do not submit any other thing until when IRCC ask for any document..

I want to believe you were able to convince the Visa officer that your brother is very capable of sponsoring your study in Canada, its not about the money now but about how well he (your brother) showed his commitment in your application..

In addition, its not compulsory an applicants submits his SOA, with the exception that the applicant is a self sponsored applicant.. So there is no red flag in you not submitting your SOA..

It will end in praise..

Peace
raimiade11:
@makano

Just asking, when i applied, i never used my personal account, though my brother is my main sponsor with over 37kcad and my dad co sponsor, i didn’t put my dad’s account too, i just put his land document

I’m 26 years, i hope it is not a red flag?

I established relationship with my brother with pictures and passport. But am thinking can it be the Reason for my long delay?

Why i didn’t put my account and dads account is because we actually don’t have money there. I put my dads employment details as he is a university lecturer sha

Sorry to bother you this morning. Thx

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shommyface: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fleshofmankind1: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2021
Yes I got a text from Iom it is not upfront medicals I was asked to do it by ircc[quote author=Romoke1995 post=106905780][/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jaymaster18: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
aragbs4real05:

Congratulations @jaymasters18
Please can you share me the ircc email addresses you sent mails to
thanks

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos@international.gc.ca

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jaymaster18: 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ekulu77:
Please can you share the format of the email and the email address
Thank you

DEAR IRCC, 

My name is ______, i applied for study permit on ____ and did my biometrics on _____, at that time it was stated that the application processing time was 8weeks and as time is passing by i have not received an update on my application, i am starting to get worried on the progress of my application.

Please I would really appreciate a response. 

Thank you

Please find below my details:

Application number: 

Unique Client Identifier (UCI): 

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos@international.gc.ca

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
You mean your notes had the exact same remarks
FKipepeo:
Same Notes as mine - verbatim angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2021
URGENT!

White Biometric slip is attached to another document and a photocopy of my passport. Should I attach all three to my DHL file? Or just the slip?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2021
Makano please I heard siblings are considered 3rd party when it comes to sponsorship. Please how true is this?
makano:
Hello Raimiade

First, its not compulsory you have 2 sponsors for an application especially when the Co-sponsor doesn't have the required funds for your study and also the expenses in Canada . In your case, your brother(hope its your blood brother though) can just be your sponsor, since your dad doesn't have money in his account according to you. Your focus should be on your main sponsor which is your brother, but since you have submitted your application, leave it like that... Do not submit any other thing until when IRCC ask for any document..

I want to believe you were able to convince the Visa officer that your brother is very capable of sponsoring your study in Canada, its not about the money now but about how well he (your brother) showed his commitment in your application..

In addition, its not compulsory an applicants submits his SOA, with the exception that the applicant is a self sponsored applicant.. So there is no red flag in you not submitting your SOA..

It will end in praise..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ketima:

But I got 3 emails the same day but at 10 mins intervals with the last stating is in transit to the IRCC office in Abuja OC.but to be frank I no understand the email. lol
Please worry not, you will soon get your stamped passport grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=sirenoel post=106906604]URGENT!

White Biometric slip is attached to another document and a photocopy of my passport. Should I attach all three to my DHL file? Or just the slip?

Thanks [/quote
Attach it like that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2021
adetopsy1:

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. The total cost of the programme is $17,670.42CAD. I am paying for the first year tuition which is approximately $12,000CAD. Aside from this, I plan to buy a GIC of $10,000CAD for my living expenses.

2. I am single

3. I plan on using my parent's two houses, I am also the firstborn of my parents. I have just one sibling.

4. I am a recent graduate(2021). Currently serving.

5. My parents will be my sponsor.

1. When you say you are paying, will the payment be made by you or your parents? If you plan to use your parents as sponsors then you have to show that they have the means to sponsor the programme for you, since you have not started working then it means you have to show that your sponsors have the available funds to sponsor you and take care of themselves in Nigeria
2. Since you are single then your parents can be used as home ties and the properties can be used too, your parents can state in their letter of sponsorship that the properties will be managed by you when you come back after your studies.

Having stated all these, you need to write a good SOP that will be able to explain every thing the VO to understand .

You can also wait for others to chip in their thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=Akanoa post=106906683][/quote]

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
Fakky95:
I'm also in the same situation.

The total cost of my program is 17,670 and I'm paying 11,780 for the first year

I'm married

I'll be using my wife and my mother cos I'm an only child

I'm self employed and I'm a recent graduate, 2021.

My parents will be responsible for the tuition payment and GIC

Since you are married, then using your wife and mother as home ties is good, if your business is registered then you can also use it. If your parents are going to be your sponsor then you have to show they have good source of income and have enough funds to take care of themselves after they have paid your fees.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RollyA(f): 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
if you have a few dollars, have a legal counsel to look at it and if you really addressed the officer's concerns. It's 50-50, especially when you have refusals within the same year, if you reapply, you may be refused again. I believe that officer has a lot of litigation issues right now, about 3-4 ppl i know are pursuing JR for this particular officer.

BolaT53:

It was the same person that refused my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by beedyboy(m): 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
[quote author=Romoke1995 post=106905780][/quote]

Please call IOM o. You need to call the result department.

They will tell you what’s up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adetopsy1(m): 3:47pm On Oct 20, 2021
Bobomaigida:

1. When you say you are paying, will the payment be made by you or your parents? If you plan to use your parents as sponsors then you have to show that they have the means to sponsor the programme for you, since you have not started working then it means you have to show that your sponsors have the available funds to sponsor you and take care of themselves in Nigeria
2. Since you are single then your parents can be used as home ties and the properties can be used too, your parents can state in their letter of sponsorship that the properties will be managed by you when you come back after your studies.

Having stated all these, you need to write a good SOP that will be able to explain every thing the VO to understand .

You can also wait for others to chip in their thoughts.

Thank you for your response.

My parents will be sponsoring my education there. Also, I thought I have shown that my parents have the finance to provide for me if I submit evidence of payment of first year tuition fees and a GIC certificate.

But my only concern is that they are civil servants and I have heard that VO don't honor salary earners. Do I have to refurbish their type of work?

Also, after paying tuition fees and buying GIC, do I need to explain the source where my parents got the money from? Do I need to submit their statement of account too afterwards?

Thank you for this selfless service of yours. I am indeed grateful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
Yes they did. As attached
Omiinii:
You mean your notes had the exact same remarks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
Apart from GIC, you have lot to work on;
1. You are married.
How will she fair in your absence ?
You need to show she will be financially fine in your absence… Her work, payslip, Assets, anything to show…
You also need to show your statement of account with funds too…

Your parent paying for your GIC won’t be enough because of your wife.

Fakky95:
I'm also in the same situation.

The total cost of my program is 17,670 and I'm paying 11,780 for the first year

I'm married

I'll be using my wife and my mother cos I'm an only child

I'm self employed and I'm a recent graduate, 2021.

My parents will be responsible for the tuition payment and GIC

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
You should work with the rate on CIC website.

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

Do the mathematics when you see the NGN rate.

gaeul:
Please what is the official Cad to Naira rate. I need it for my SOP. I don surf internet Taya and I am getting different rates

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.