Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (869146 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
Congratulations! Canada here u come!
quote author=JosephYemsol post=107076500]PPR ALERT

July 19th applicant

Got my PPR this morning.

I'll surely come back for details...[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
Congratulations. Go and Excel!!
JosephYemsol:
PPR ALERT

July 19th applicant

Got my PPR this morning.

I'll surely come back for details...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2021
JosephYemsol:
PPR ALERT

July 19th applicant

Got my PPR this morning.

Congrats!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
Good day everyone, my friend just got refused. And she wants to reapply, here are the reasons.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by 4gunners(m): 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
CalcreteJB:
Okay since you are sponsoring yourself and you are not married. The proof of fund you need is to show you can comfortably pay for your tuition, feeding and accommodation for the study period. You must also be able to show adequately source of these funds. If you are employed, you need to get a letter of introduction from your employer, show your pay slip and show proof of home tie. So your SOP and LOE must do justices to all these to complete to SOA.

So with a tuition and estimated cost of living of $17,000. I will advise showing at least about $22,000 - $25,000 since you don't have any dependents. Now the task ahead is showing the source of the funds (bulk money will be strongly discouraged unless its a deed of gift from your parent or an uncle which must be followed with an affidavit) and must be explained in the LOE, and your home tie.

The gurus here @makano @Jay316 can also help out

Thanks, man. Really appreciate your effort.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ocpaschal: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
makano:
Hello theForth

If you finished with a 1st class and also 2:1, you can apply to so many Canadian Universities offering Computer Science, and you can be lucky to get Full study scholarship.. Below are the best Universities in Canada to study MSc Computer Science

University of Toronto.
University of Waterloo.
University of British Columbia.
University of Montreal.
University of Alberta.
McGill University.
Simon Fraser University.
McMaster University

If you finished with a 2:2 or 3rd class, you can go For PGD in Computer Science from any of the Ontario Colleges..

Peace
Are there options or offers for people with 2.2 (3.04 cgpa) in Political science that seeks a career change in Computer science or IT at Masters degree level in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jaymaster18: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
lilylurv:

Thanks so much, one more thing here...

Do you have an idea of how the tone of mail to sent to her should be?

I'm so sorry for disturbing...

Anyone can also help please.

Subject: HELP REQUIRED ON TEMPORARY RESIDENCE STUDY VISA

Dear Julie Dabrusin, MP

My name is _____ , Im a Citizen of Nigeria, i am writing this email in order to seek for your help regarding the delayed processing of my Canadian Temporary Residence Study Visa Application, i got admission for postgraduate study in_____ to study ______, My visa application was submitted online to IRCC nairobi Kenya on _____ completed, did biometrics and passed medical exam, since then i have not received any further progress on my application status, the application processing time from IRCC is 2months whereas i have waited for 4months and there is still no update being made.

I have contacted IRCC kenya numerous times via email but my concern was never addressed. May i kindly ask you to look into and address the issue as soon as possible? This delay and experience have been affecting my current life and future plans for canada.

Thank you very much, Your time and response are greatly appreciated.

My personal application details are as below,

Last name:

First name:

Date of birth:

Unique Client Identifier (UCI):

Application number:

Application processing location:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Thane:
Hello house, please does University of Manitoba allow 2.2 GPA for Masters (2.84/5) ? Is there any way around it? Also any other good schools in Canada that can allow 2.2 . My degree is in Human Anatomy

I really need this information before I start applications for fall 2022 entry. Please help. Also, would I be required to pay my school fees from here in Nigeria before given visa?
University of Manitoba does not accept 2.2 applicant to their masters program, unless you have 70% GPA in your last 2 years (300 & 400 level GPA) of your undergraduate studies...

If you also have a long years of working experience (e.g 10 yrs working experience) + your 2.2, you'll have a good chance to be admitted.

Besides those 2 points, it'll be best to go for post graduate certificate program.

Concerning payment deposit, University of Manitoba doesn't require deposit, but many schools do require deposit and it'll be mentioned in your admission letter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 1:41pm On Oct 26, 2021
JosephYemsol:
PPR ALERT

July 19th applicant

Got my PPR this morning.

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
JosephYemsol:
PPR ALERT

July 19th applicant

Got my PPR this morning.

Congratulations. God bless your journey.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2021
Onyekachiii:
Good day everyone, my friend just got refused. And she wants to reapply, here are the reasons.
She should request for her gcms notes so she can get a clearer picture of why she was refused. Pls when did she apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ocpaschal: 1:43pm On Oct 26, 2021
makano:
Hello theForth

If you finished with a 1st class and also 2:1, you can apply to so many Canadian Universities offering Computer Science, and you can be lucky to get Full study scholarship.. Below are the best Universities in Canada to study MSc Computer Science

University of Toronto.
University of Waterloo.
University of British Columbia.
University of Montreal.
University of Alberta.
McGill University.
Simon Fraser University.
McMaster University

If you finished with a 2:2 or 3rd class, you can go For PGD in Computer Science from any of the Ontario Colleges..

Peace
Pls does Canada allows or do "Conversion courses" at Masters level program for persons seeking career change in Computer Science and Info Tech (IT) ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Jaymaster18:

Subject: HELP REQUIRED ON TEMPORARY RESIDENCE STUDY VISA

Dear Julie Dabrusin, MP

My name is _____ , Im a Citizen of Nigeria, i am writing this email in order to seek for your help regarding the delayed processing of my Canadian Temporary Residence Study Visa Application, i got admission for postgraduate study in_____ to study ______, My visa application was submitted online to IRCC nairobi Kenya on _____ completed, did biometrics and passed medical exam, since then i have not received any further progress on my application status, the application processing time from IRCC is 2months whereas i have waited for 4months and there is still no update being made.

I have contacted IRCC kenya numerous times via email but my concern was never addressed. May i kindly ask you to look into and address the issue as soon as possible? This delay and experience have been affecting my current life and future plans for canada.

Thank you very much, Your time and response are greatly appreciated.

My personal application details are as below,

Last name:

First name:

Date of birth:

Unique Client Identifier (UCI):

Application number:

Application processing location:

But I don't know the country in charge of my application cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 1:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Have your fingerprint been captured before

Mikediaye:
Guys God has done it. After the long wait (5months and 1 week) .. it’s pprrrrrrrr

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
Congratulations guys
@Mikediaye
@dassypei
@EstherAda92
@JosephYemsol
All the best guys and endeavour to share ya timeline.

To @amblessed2021, we're still waiting for your timeline. I'll keep on hunting those who received and don't want to give back to the community. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 1:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
It's most likely kenya.
lilylurv:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
pufframmy:
Have your fingerprint been captured before

yes.i did biometric during my 1st application ,Last year.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by DooLiz: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
Please I need an appointment with IOM in Lagos. I was given a very far date and can't wait. Please who knows anyone at IOM lagos that can help with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Marytess(f): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
Marytess:
Please does anyone know how to reduce DPI in my images already in PDF? I just discovered the PDF format for files upload. I need help please. Thanks

Pleasecan somebody answer? Is it really a must to put all the documents in 96 DPI?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 1:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
PLS GURU IN THE HOUSE

i have a unique number cause have captured my fingerprint 3 years ago when applying for tourist VISA and i was told it can last for 10 years before i need another capturing , Now i want to do STudy VISA do i need to go for another capturing ??.. PLS HELP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jaymaster18: 2:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
lilylurv:

Have you received bvl?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
Is this your first time applying for canadian visa?.if it is you'll go for your biometrics.
pufframmy:
PLS GURU IN THE HOUSE

i have a unique number cause have captured my fingerprint 3 years ago when applying for tourist VISA and i was told it can last for 10 years before i need another capturing , Now i want to do STudy VISA do i need to go for another capturing ??.. PLS HELP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
CONGRATULATION BRO

dassypei:
My study permit approval timeline

LONG POST ALERT!

I have been a silent reader. I’m really grateful for this platform and to everyone that shared their experiences. Here we go

First time applicant

•Submitted: May 14th
•Biometrics letter: May 15th
•Biometrics done: May 19 uploaded the same day
•Upfront Medical done: May 17th
•Updated on my profile: May 20th
•Eligibility review: June 16th
•BVL/PPR: October 26th

I got partial funding and the remaining fund was sponsored by a non-relative: a family friend which I clearly stated. I almost got discouraged because I wasn’t using a relative but I just trusted God.

Documents submitted

IRCC FORMS 

1. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
2. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
3. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

Conditional offer (Masters)

POF

1. Letter of sponsorship
2. Affidavit of support
3. Letter of funding from my school
4. Sponsor’s Work ID
5. Sponsor’s International passport data page
6. Sponsor’s payslip and promotion letter
7. Sponsor’s bank account statements

Client Information

1. Letter of explanation- about 6 pages
2. Unofficial Transcript
3. Letter from my undergraduate uni acknowledging I’m a graduate because no certificate, we hadn’t done convocation then
4. WAEC Certificate
5. NYSC Certificate
6. Police Certificate
7. Certificate of completion for a training
8. Certificate that shows I’m a student member of the professional organization
9. Email conversation with my supervisor
10. Email conversation with my school to show I had fulfilled the conditional offer
11. Letter of Introduction from current employer
12. Letter of Recommendation from NGO (for home ties)
13. Work contract from previous job
14. Photos with colleagues from previous job, work brochure
15. Pictures of myself with my immediate and extended family (for home ties)
16. Birth certificate of myself and siblings
17. NIN data page of mom and International passport of dad (No birth certificate because they did not have)

Documents I later sent (through webforms x emails)

1. My upfront medicals on May 17
2. Affidavit to confirm my names are the same (had Oluwa... in my birth certificate but dropped it in secondary school) on May 20
3. A letter from my school confirming my offer was no longer conditional on June 14
4. An enquiry about my application and also attached a proof of registration via web form on July 27
5. I received an acknowledgment of the last web form Aug 9
6. I sent emails every week day from the end of September and October. I also copied the minister’s office in one. I got a response after a month from his office that I had passed background and medicals but eligibility hadn’t been decided (in October)
7. I started classes online in September. I sent proof of enrollment in October via email.

This process was excruciating. I don’t do well with waiting. I’m grateful it has ended. By the mercy and favour of God, things worked out for MY GOOD! It felt like I was running out of time but God was perfecting everything.

I saw a confession here that I used to say regularly. I also had one from the Bible - Genesis 39:21

21 But the Lord was with Joseph (I PERSONALIZED THIS), and shewed him (HER) mercy, and gave him (HER) favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison (CANADIAN VISA OFFICERS AND IMMIGRATION OFFICERS).

This journey is not for the faint hearted but I’m really grateful for the mercy and favour of God. All glory to God. I couldn’t have done it in my own strength!

Am I in a dream? This is surreal!
Thank you Jesus. I’m really grateful to God for perfecting this testimony. I pray for those trusting God for an approval. He won’t fail you. Congratulations in advance. I celebrate with you.

PS: I wrote this timeline months ago as a declaration of my faith in the sovereign power of God. Thank you Jesus for a dream come true.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 2:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
SwayB:

She should request for her gcms notes so she can get a clearer picture of why she was refused. Pls when did she apply?

She applied June 16th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by seyestp: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2021
Good Day Gurus,

Please i need your guidance, I recently applied for a Masters program at a Canadian University though I wrote a letter for a waiver of GMAT the response was because I graduated with a second class lower class i should provide a GMAT score of 550 minimum.

My question is how do you think I should approach this with the university? should i appeal or re-provide the waiver letter?

are there other school in Canada I can apply that will not require GMAT, full school fees payment before granting Admission bearing in mind I am applying with a second class lower in Accounting.

Please advise me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
Omiinii:
Chairman you don X? Abi you dey wait till December?
I dey wait till December boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BoluwajiPieters: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
Good afternoon guys! I'm a little stuck as regards what/where to look out so I'm putting it out here.

I know the chances of getting fully funded scholarship in Canadians schools for masters/PhD is dependent on your supervisor for thesis-based program.

Please and please, can anyone help out with info as regards fully funded scholarship for masters in pharmacy or masters in pharmacology and therapeutics.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Winnn: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Men of honor! Pharm pharm
BoluwajiPieters:
Good afternoon guys! I'm a little stuck as regards what/where to look out so I'm putting it out here.

I know the chances of getting fully funded scholarship in Canadians schools for masters/PhD is dependent on your supervisor for thesis-based program.

Please and please, can anyone help out with info as regards fully funded scholarship for masters in pharmacy or masters in pharmacology and therapeutics.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
pufframmy:
PLS GURU IN THE HOUSE

No, you don't need to go for another biometrics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Richard90345: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
Richard90345:
People of God please answer me, if my final destination is Manitoba can I quarantine in Calgary first with a family friend
Abeg oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 2:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
Richard90345:
Abeg oooo
Yes you can provided the friend has separate place for your quarantine or you can use an Airbnb in Calgary...
Await inputs from other experienced gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
congratulation to u kindly drop ur timeline

EstherAda92:
My brothers and sisters God has done it for me, My spiritual father ( Pastor Jerry Eze) said in 30 minutes we are going to receive good News of our new has come..the new is here Ppppppprrrrr....

July 13th applicant
Upfront medical passed 26th August
Eligibility started on the 22nd October
PPR 26th October

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (834)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.