Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,842 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861901 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2021
Wow, great God.
Congratulations to you dear

TheGbemisola:
2 weeks and some days after getting Procedural fairness. God is Good and his mercies endureth forever. I’ll share my timeline soon. I don’t even know how i feel like this. This feeling is out of this world
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 10:12am On Nov 10, 2021
Teeprecious:

I booked BA @643k for a return ticket.
I think Ethiopia is still about the cheapest this period. Ticket prices dey skyrocket and I no no weda na cos of the season ni.

May be cos of the season. Thank you for ur response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 10:13am On Nov 10, 2021
Benquip:

I think this Ethiopia crisis is all false as it's just Western media propaganda. As Ethiopians who're on ground said everything you're seeing in the news is just propaganda.

May God Bless Africa

Waoo, thank u for this info, make I go do am sharp sharp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 10:15am On Nov 10, 2021
Good morning everybody,

So I'm a little disturbed about something. I have submitted my application and in my SOP I stated that my both parents are retirees but I didnt submit any thing to back up the claim. I just attached pictures with them and added their birth certificates. My brother is my sponsor though and I attached every document neccessary from his end.

Should I still go ahead to submit certificates showing that my parents are retirees, they have documents to back up this claim and bond certificates. My dad also has a landed property certificate.

I have raised webform twice. The first time to submit a letter of sole signatory, and the other time to submit my upfront medicals.

If I raise another webform to submit these documents again, wont i look like some who is confused and desperate? Or do I just let it go.

My eligibility review hasn't started.

Pls guys I need your advice. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:17am On Nov 10, 2021
Yes they are really expensive. I guess you booked Ethiopian before the issues.. hopefully by December, it should be sorted but still if you were to book now, would you still book them in the midst of a crises But omo, their rate is too enticing compared to the others...

Nonsoooooo:
I booked Ethiopia airline...KLM and Lufthansa is very expensive this time around but it's up to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 10:18am On Nov 10, 2021
makano:
This is not totally correct..

PFL is not limited to Charge back visa fee.. It actually a letter given to applicant by IRCC to explain why they should not punish or ban the applicant for the wrong doing of the applicant...

It can be that the applicant submitted a fake Statement of Account or fake documents,
The applicant gave a false information in his or her application..
Charge back, e.t.c

So bear in mind, Procedural Fairness letter is not limited to Charge back..

Peace

@makano, I think u joined the conversation halfway bro, someone asked what was her PFL and someone responded that it was charge back. I remembered she posted it here when she received the IRCc msg so her own was about charge back which was what Benguin was trying to say.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 10:20am On Nov 10, 2021
Congratulations….I tap in ur testimony

TheGbemisola:
2 weeks and some days after getting Procedural fairness. God is Good and his mercies endureth forever. I’ll share my timeline soon. I don’t even know how i feel like this. This feeling is out of this world
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:21am On Nov 10, 2021
If you feel like it, raise a webform to submit the documents... there is no crime or limitation to amount of webform one can raise to support their application. However, since they aren't your sponsors, I do not think backing that information up will make any difference too except you mentioned that as part of home ties cause you will need to return home to take care of them then by all means, upload the documents to back that up..

All the best

dollymon:
Good morning everybody,

So I'm a little disturbed about something. I have submitted my application and in my SOP I stated that my both parents are retirees but I didnt submit any thing to back up the claim. I just attached pictures with them and added their birth certificates. My brother is my sponsor though and I attached every document neccessary from his end.

Should I still go ahead to submit certificates showing that my parents are retirees, they have documents to back up this claim and bond certificates. My dad also has a landed property certificate.

I have raised webform twice. The first time to submit a letter of sole signatory, and the other time to submit my upfront medicals.

If I raise another webform to submit these documents again, wont i look like some who is confused and desperate? Or do I just let it go.

My eligibility review hasn't started.

Pls guys I need your advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2021
Even my Wakanow agent I have used for many years told me they do not book Ethiopian airline anymore for clients cause it is not safe to right now. They are monitoring the situation and will also advise if it is ok to start booking them again soon...

Well, if you say it is propaganda, I will say for people to make more enquiries before proceeding to book. I wanted to take the risk too but I am travelling with a child so I kuku booked Lufthansa.

Benquip:

I think this Ethiopia crisis is all false as it's just Western media propaganda. As Ethiopians who're on ground said everything you're seeing in the news is just propaganda.

May God Bless Africa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amblessed2021: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2021
Try KLM, its cheaper as at last week that I booked return ticket @460K

Tinakem:

May be cos of the season. Thank you for ur response

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2021
Congrats Gbemisola,

It ended in praise.. Happy for you

Peace
TheGbemisola:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:45am On Nov 10, 2021
Ooh Okay..

Noted with Thanks
Tinakem:

@makano, I think u joined the conversation halfway bro, someone asked what was her PFL and someone responded that it was charge back. I remembered she posted it here when she received the IRCc msg so her own was about charge back which was what Benguin was trying to say.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2021
TheGbemisola:
Congrats �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Here’s my timeline:
Applied- June 19
Biometrics- June 22
Upfront medicals- June 21
My medicals got updated to pass on August 30 2021.
Ordered Gcms notes on Aug 24
Gcms notes received -September 24(blank)
Chargeback- october 13th.
Paid that same day and Also sent loe
October. 25th- procedural fairness letter asking me to explain why the chargeback occurred and they gave me 7 days.
Replied to the letter on 28th of October.
November 8- i sent mail and webform to ircc with my enrollment letter that i needed a decision.

Correspondence Letter- November 10
PPR- November 10

Documents submitted

I submitted Ielts (overall band 8.0) but didn’t have mbs as my dad the sponsor doesn’t really keep his money in normal banks. We used two fixed deposit certificates of 15m and 10m to be accessible in January 2022. We also used his savings bank account closing balance of 5m (lump sums deposit) explained it as a sale of a land because my dad’s business is into real estate. Also my mum transferred 1million to my account too and explained it as “Funds to study in canada”.
-Submitted about 5/6 land documents
-Cac of fathers company which also my name is included.
-Tution deposit receipt 10k cad
-Family photos
-Bsc certificate.
-Olevel results
-Nysc certificate
-recommendation letter from my PPA where i served
-Affidavit of sponsorship signed by Dad
-Sop written by myself.
-Police character
-LOA
-CV
-Also i added all the trainings i did after nysc. Computer training for 3-months to cover the gap as adviced by the agents lol
I don’t know what else I’m missing sha. I used an agency tho but i was able to monitor my application closely thanks to this thread.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far on this journey. This thread really helped me out. Special thanks to @Makano for Going through my response to the pfl and making some corrections for me

And to everyone waiting for PPR we will all rejoice. God bless everyone .

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2021
Congratulations once again...
please what is the process of getting this enrolment letter?
Thank you

TheGbemisola:

Here’s my timeline:
Applied- June 19
Biometrics- June 22
October. 25th- procedural fairness letter asking me to explain why the chargeback occurred and they gave me 7 days.
November 8- i sent mail and webform to ircc with my enrollment letter that i needed a decision.

PPR- November 10

Documents submitted

I submitted Ielts (overall band 8.0) but didn’t have mbs as my dad the sponsor doesn’t really keep his money in normal banks. We used two fixed deposit certificates of 15m and 10m to be accessible in January 2022. We also used his savings bank account closing balance of 5m (lump sums deposit) explained it as a sale of a land because my dad’s business is into real estate. Also my mum transferred 1million to my account too and explained it as “Funds to study in canada”.
-Family photos
-Bsc certificate.
-Olevel results
-Nysc certificate
-Sop written by myself.
-Police character
-LOA
-CV
-Also i added all the trainings i did after nysc. Computer training for 3-months to cover the gap as adviced by the agents lol
I don’t know what else I’m missing sha. I used an agency tho but i was able to monitor my application closely thanks to this thread.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far on this journey. This thread really helped me out. Special thanks to @Makano for Going through my response to the pfl and making some corrections for me

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2021
Iffylove:
Congratulations once again...
please what is the process of getting this enrolment letter?
Thank you

Thanks a lot
I think it has to do with registering your courses. Then you’ll request the letter from your school. Im not sure of the process in other schools but you should contact your school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2021
okay, thank you very much

TheGbemisola:

Thanks a lot
I think it has to do with registering your courses. Then you’ll request the letter from your school. Im not sure of the process in other schools but you should contact your school.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by BabajhideySammy: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2021
Good morning, I’m here again please. Can someone work me through how to request gcms. Am I paying for plus or the e-gcms note is enough. Also, I’ve had my medicals passed three weeks ago upon request and haven’t heard back from the embassy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 11:25am On Nov 10, 2021
House kindly assist o, so if I were to travel by Dec 18th and covid testing is 72hrs before travel date,that means it should be done by 15th right?

Also I have received a mail that my passport is in transit back to me, when am I expected to get the letter of introduction that will be presented at the POE??Note that my profile still dey read 'we are reviewing your eligibility even after PPR.
Ayam a bit worried..pls epp!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Presido95: 11:46am On Nov 10, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hi all,

Anyone coming to Montreal early December or end of November and in need of student accommodation? I may have a 3-months lease to transfer in a 4-star hotel. Rent is $900 for a fully furnished apartment (room and parlor with kitchenette, bathroom and toilet) with all utilities (internet, electricity, water, heat) plus furniture and electronics. It has an extra retractable bed for occasional guest in the living room. Cooking utensils, bed-sheets and even towels are all included in the rent. Am not adding a penny to the rent just looking transfer to someone who has such budget and they may benefit the relatively lower rate.

Current daily room rate in the hotel is about $100 so you are getting a great deal which I got when I signed a year long lease during the pandemic. I am moving to a bigger apartment by month end because family is joining me. Landlord is ready to end the lease but I want to explore this option too so someone may benefit that rate as the rental/tenant law allows me to transfer a lease without issues and landlord cannot refuse without a cogent reason.

City center location that is ideal for anyone going to UQAM, Concordia, or McGill - all are within walking distances. Montreal's most central metro station (Berri-UQAM) with connections to all 4 metro lines is 2 minutes walk away.

Only serious inquiries please. If you are interested, reply to my post here to signify and then send me a PM so I can accept and start discussion.

Thanks.

This sounds like a great deal. Wish I could get something similar in London, Ontario as that’s where I’m headed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by B123cyndi: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Here’s my timeline:
Applied- June 19
Biometrics- June 22
Pls ooo ..can I also send my enrollment letter to them so I can get ppr fast
Because medical request update pass October 26

PPR- November 10

Documents submitted

-Family photos
-Bsc certificate.
-Olevel results
-Nysc certificate
-Sop written by myself.
-Police character
-LOA
-CV

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 11:52am On Nov 10, 2021
Dr afo, unfortunately the visa processing is not always logical. Fact is if you look at every single application long enough you'll find a reason to disqualify the person. That's just how it is. I'll implore you to try again and address every issues EXPLICITLY. We know it's baseless but we don't have a choice. I'm sure you'll secure a visa on your second trial.
DrAFOguns:
Just finished masters in Chemical Engineering this July
Currently on a PhD here in Chemical Engineering as well (didn't mention this in my SOP). Previous years of experience are not related to course of study
Going for 'another' PhD in Chemical Engineering

I have scholarship from my supervisors, this will be more than enough for other expenses asides tuition which the university already waived.

I have not made any tution deposit (the university gave me full tuition waiver)
Self sponsored
I included personal bank statement of about 3.6m

I am not resident in Nigeria but I provided resident permit as well police clearance certificate from where I am resident

How do I tackle all these issues? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by B123cyndi: 11:54am On Nov 10, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Here’s my timeline:
Applied- June 19
Biometrics- June 22

PPR- November 10

Documents submitted

-Family photos
-Bsc certificate.
-Olevel results
-Nysc certificate
-Sop written by myself.
-Police character
-LOA
-CV

pls can I send my enrollment letter as webform to ircc for decision
Because my medical result was updated October 26 ( was asked to do it)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amblessed2021: 11:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Yes, You can do that.
B123cyndi:
pls can I send my enrollment letter as webform to ircc for decision
Because my medical result was updated October 26 ( was asked to do it)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Congratulations gbemi
TheGbemisola:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 12:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Wawu! Congratulations bro. God is good and his mercies endures forever
TheGbemisola:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good day Gurus.

@Lekkiboe

My program resumes on the 10th January 2022 and I have booked a ticket for 10th of Dec 2021. Am I moving too early? Hope I wunt be denied access to board.

I'm fully vaccinated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
Congratulations Tinakem. May your prayer locate us all waiting.
Tinakem:

Waoo, thank u for this info, make I go do am sharp sharp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
Omiinii:
Congratulations gbemi

Thanks a lot brother
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
Foski01:
Good day Gurus.

@Lekkiboe

My program resumes on the 10th January 2022 and I have booked a ticket for 10th of Dec 2021. Am I moving too early? Hope I wunt be denied access to board.

I'm fully vaccinated.
I'm not a guru but that's exactly a month, so i think you should be fine.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
I dey suspect you sha.
Benquip:

May God Bless Africa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 12:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
Hi guys... Good afternoon..

So I'm about applying for my Visa this month end. My upfront medicals has been fixed for 22nd this month.

Just completed my SOP. I'd have loved someone to proof read for me : sad anyone? Please.

Jay316 I need your help. We're both going to UCW. I'm for April though.

Help a brother. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.