Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (549) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855458 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello Aissy

Have you informed the school of your PPR?

Also your Visa is valid for a year, so if the deferred date is within the 1 year validity of your Visa, then you have no problem..

But I will advise you inform your school of the new development especially if your deferred date is beyond the 1 year Visa Validity..

Peace
Aissy:
Hello everyone
Hope we are all having a good day
Please I wanted to ask what to do in a situation where after you have gotten PRR but the school then defers your admission to another session?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tofo(m): 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello All. Please my sister is set to resume at Vancouver Island University by January 4th for her MBA. We are looking at booking a flight for her for December 27th. Ethiopian Airlines seemed to be the cheapest but with the current crisis in the country, is it still a good choice? Also, what other cheal airline is advisable to book for her. She will be flying into Nanaimo, British Columbia. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
Debbie345:

I did address it, I repayed and sent letter

Did you do this yourself or via someone else..
When you sent it, did you ensure they was an acknowledgement of the mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
nairagrounds:
My good people of this platform, God, has done it oooooooo: PPR has landed.

Both emails came in at 6:35 and 6:38 AM, respectively. I never knew it could be that early.

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOESN'T EXIST.

I'll return to share my experience as I am still very much overwhelmed with Joy right now.

Congratulations
I rejoice and celebrate with you cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
Yes ooo, our good new is at the door...
Thank you very much.
God bless your good heart

Ketima:
Woow. Good to be back after the ban.

I can see we are all doing good. Congrats to all who got PPR, Viviangogos, Nairagrounds, our very own Tinakem, and many more. is well with you all. Go ye all and prosper in Maple land. Still waiting for good news from Teemenzo, Iffylove, and much more waiting. The lord shall shower you all with PPR this November.

To all that got delayed, I know how it can feel. But never lose sight of the target. Get your notes, and refire. it shall end in praises for us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 2:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
viviangogos:
Thanks a lot Ketima and welcome back
Do you know why you were banned though and mind to share?

Thanks for the wishes...

That I still wonder why? lol grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Debbie345:

I just want to know if there's anything that can be done, if I can use a lawyer and the case will be re opened?

If you have the funds for this, yes you can reopen it as long as you have the receipt of repayment and the repayment ws done within the timeline given to respond to the PFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thank you for your reply
Though My visa application is still under review with the winter admission letter i submitted but the school said after my first visa refusal I mistakenly deferred the admission to fall 2022. Now I am asking them for the fall 2022 admission letter to send to IRCC to notify them of the change of program date but the school said I should wait till the end of November. My fear now is what if my visa is approved before November end?
makano:
Hello Aissy

Have you informed the school of your PPR?

Also your Visa is valid for a year, so if the deferred date is within the 1 year validity of your Visa, then you have no problem..

But I will advise you inform your school of the new development especially if your deferred date is beyond the 1 year Visa Validity..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ketima:
Woow. Good to be back after the ban.

I can see we are all doing good. Congrats to all who got PPR, Viviangogos, Nairagrounds, our very own Tinakem, and many more. is well with you all. Go ye all and prosper in Maple land. Still waiting for good news from Teemenzo, Iffylove, and much more waiting. The lord shall shower you all with PPR this November.

To all that got delayed, I know how it can feel. But never lose sight of the target. Get your notes, and refire. it shall end in praises for us all.

Thanks my personal person. Good to have you back. Abeg dey do small prep even though na April you dey comot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mokikeoj: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thanks to everyone that responded. I received the VFS email this morning.

mokikeoj:
Please keep me posted if you receive any email from them. I will contact VFS today.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Please feel free
Blazca:
@Makano please can I send you a mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ooh, you have not even gotten your Visa..

When your Visa is ready, notify the school about your Visa..

They should get you a date that will be within your validity timeline..

Peace
Aissy:
Thank you for your reply
Though My visa application is still under review with the winter admission letter i submitted but the school said after my first visa refusal I mistakenly deferred the admission to fall 2022. Now I am asking them for the fall 2022 admission letter to send to IRCC to notify them of the change of program date but the school said I should wait till the end of November. My fear now is what if my visa is approved before November end?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Something is missing here.
Her consent.

She didn’t receive any procedural letter and she know all this ?
Meaning she knew about what the agent did and accepted it all.
Secondly, What was the generic refusal reason ?
You really need to be truthful for people to help you.

Also, it’s OFF for a simple case applicant who want to resume Jan 2022 to be at planning stage now, Not to talk of a really complex one like this.
Starting your program online will not have any positive impact on your approval.

GCMS note is where to start from and it won’t come until 35days or more.

I will advise you tell her to differ till Sep. 2022 now, calm down to get things right on this Application. Anything is possible but you really need time to get things through.

Regards,
geawears:
Okay sorry, so this is it again.

* I have a female friend who currently holds a Letter of acceptance to study in Canada. She is about to start her visa application.
* She also holds a previous visa refusal to Canada about three years ago. She applied through an agent (tourist visa)

* In her previous application, the agent declared that my friend is married and submitted a fake marriage certificate.

* The agent also submitted a fake Bachelor degree certificate from a different school (think he did that cause of her 3rd class).

* The agent also declared a fake employment history

Now that she currently holds a letter of acceptance and about to commence her visa application, i need advice on how she can explain her situation given that in the real sense she is:
*SINGLE with no marriage history
*Has a genuine BSc certificate from the right institution as against the institution declared by the agent
*Has a genuine employment history as against the ones declared by the agent.

Since the visa officer will have access to documents submitted for her previous application which was refused, can anyone PLEASE advice my friend on how her application should be presented, and do you think giving all this information about "using a wrong agent" in her personal statement will help out?

Please help!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
Omiinii:
Let her order her GCMS notes. she might have to employ the services of a licensed consultant. I believe they know what best to do!. With the amount of fake documents packed in this application are sure she didn't receive procedual fairness letter!

For others if you applied with an agent and you don't know or have knowledge of all the documents and Information submitted. I'll advise you withdraw your application now before it gets to the hands of a VO.
os it okay to submit an application on a weekend Saturday / Sunday for instance ? Cc Makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onlinedoctor: 3:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Congrats first time application
nairagrounds:
I have come back with my testimony and story, my little kind of way of giving back to the community. I hope this helps.

Submitted application: June 18
Request for biometrics: June 19
Completed biometrics: June 21
Period of no update: June 22 to Sept. 19
Request for medicals: Sept. 20
Completed medicals: Oct. 4
Period of no update: Oct. 4 to Oct. 12
Passed medicals: Oct. 12
Period of no update: Oct. 12 to Nov. 11
Correspondence letter: Nov. 12, 6:35 AM
Passport Request: Nov. 12, 6:38 AM

First of all, I want to give all the glory, honor, and adoration to the Almighty God—to whom all the credit is due. I wouldn't be doing this without His hands in this.

Now to the story. I'm a first-time applicant, and I've submitted my application before I became a regular on this platform. Though I couldn't recall, I might’ve used part of the resources here in my application process, as it was most of what I read online that guided me. I’d find different tutorials—blogs, forum posts, and videos and follow the one I thought would yield the best result.

It all started with the thoughts of satisfying the urge to leave this country in search of better opportunities, and it occurred to me to use the education route to Canada. Then I applied to a school just this year, February, and behold—I got an offer, I believe, in April. That was the first and only school and the only one with the program of choice. I thought that was it until the time came to process the study permit when I realized the most challenging part, but I had to cross it.

Besides the mandatory IRCC forms, in the attached image are the supporting documents I uploaded as part of my application. I notarized the letter of support from my mom. I added her passport data page to the first page of my proof of funds document—no picture of me with her whatsoever, nor any of me with my family members.

Although I gathered more than those, I removed those that I felt least necessary before final submission. Just as many folks have said here that their application wasn't perfect, I share the same sentiment, as mine also was riddled with a couple of mistakes that could’ve only taken God to make it end the way it ended.

If you think you can add one plus one to get two and infer what could be going on with your application—think again! IRCC has its way of coming up with surprises that could shock you. I said this because a fellow got his medical request around the same period as mine, and we did our medicals the same day, so I felt we’d most likely get our decision around the same time. Meanwhile, I did get my request for medicals and as well passed mine before him. He did not only get his decision before me—it took almost a month before I got mine.

My second observation is that sending emails to IRCC about a decision when your processing time hasn't elapsed doesn't change anything. That's my opinion, though. I believe if you get a decision as a result of sending mails, it's just because it's time for them to treat your case, not that your communications compelled them to do so.

I also observe that you're most likely to get a good decision if you get a medical request as the stats have proven, times and again, that most of the folks who got a request for medicals from the IRCC got their approvals. They’ve most likely done their due diligence about your eligibility before they send the request. Disclaimer: That's not to say it's 100% until you get a decision. Waiting to get a medical request can also elongate your decision timeline, which is why many folks choose to go for upfront medicals.

Also, a compelling statement of purpose or SOP goes a long way. Most of the things that people provide evidence for here that I did well to address in my SOP, I believed served me well.

Lastly, someone that got approval recently on this platform made mention of scripture that resonated well with me and thought that helped me during testing times, so I want to share the same now. If you are still in the waiting game and believe God for good news, go and read Hebrew 11, it's all about Great Examples of Faith. You’ll be glad you did, and your testimony is just around the corner in Jesus’ name. AMEN.

Praise master Jesus for me, and I prophesy that may all hopefuls receive their good news soon in Jesus’ name. AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thanks. Please I have sent a mail request
makano:
Please feel qfree
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
Congratulations........did you send any mail or webform before the ppr came?

nairagrounds:
I have come back with my testimony and story, my little kind of way of giving back to the community. I hope this helps.

Submitted application: June 18
Request for biometrics: June 19
Completed biometrics: June 21
Period of no update: June 22 to Sept. 19
Request for medicals: Sept. 20
Completed medicals: Oct. 4
Period of no update: Oct. 4 to Oct. 12
Passed medicals: Oct. 12
Period of no update: Oct. 12 to Nov. 11
Correspondence letter: Nov. 12, 6:35 AM
Passport Request: Nov. 12, 6:38 AM

First of all, I want to give all the glory, honor, and adoration to the Almighty God—to whom all the credit is due. I wouldn't be doing this without His hands in this.

Now to the story. I'm a first-time applicant, and I've submitted my application before I became a regular on this platform. Though I couldn't recall, I might’ve used part of the resources here in my application process, as it was most of what I read online that guided me. I’d find different tutorials—blogs, forum posts, and videos and follow the one I thought would yield the best result.

It all started with the thoughts of satisfying the urge to leave this country in search of better opportunities, and it occurred to me to use the education route to Canada. Then I applied to a school just this year, February, and behold—I got an offer, I believe, in April. That was the first and only school and the only one with the program of choice. I thought that was it until the time came to process the study permit when I realized the most challenging part, but I had to cross it.

Besides the mandatory IRCC forms, in the attached image are the supporting documents I uploaded as part of my application. I notarized the letter of support from my mom. I added her passport data page to the first page of my proof of funds document—no picture of me with her whatsoever, nor any of me with my family members.

Although I gathered more than those, I removed those that I felt least necessary before final submission. Just as many folks have said here that their application wasn't perfect, I share the same sentiment, as mine also was riddled with a couple of mistakes that could’ve only taken God to make it end the way it ended.

If you think you can add one plus one to get two and infer what could be going on with your application—think again! IRCC has its way of coming up with surprises that could shock you. I said this because a fellow got his medical request around the same period as mine, and we did our medicals the same day, so I felt we’d most likely get our decision around the same time. Meanwhile, I did get my request for medicals and as well passed mine before him. He did not only get his decision before me—it took almost a month before I got mine.

My second observation is that sending emails to IRCC about a decision when your processing time hasn't elapsed doesn't change anything. That's my opinion, though. I believe if you get a decision as a result of sending mails, it's just because it's time for them to treat your case, not that your communications compelled them to do so.

I also observe that you're most likely to get a good decision if you get a medical request as the stats have proven, times and again, that most of the folks who got a request for medicals from the IRCC got their approvals. They’ve most likely done their due diligence about your eligibility before they send the request. Disclaimer: That's not to say it's 100% until you get a decision. Waiting to get a medical request can also elongate your decision timeline, which is why many folks choose to go for upfront medicals.

Also, a compelling statement of purpose or SOP goes a long way. Most of the things that people provide evidence for here that I did well to address in my SOP, I believed served me well.

Lastly, someone that got approval recently on this platform made mention of scripture that resonated well with me and thought that helped me during testing times, so I want to share the same now. If you are still in the waiting game and believe God for good news, go and read Hebrew 11, it's all about Great Examples of Faith. You’ll be glad you did, and your testimony is just around the corner in Jesus’ name. AMEN.

Praise master Jesus for me, and I prophesy that may all hopefuls receive their good news soon in Jesus’ name. AMEN.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aissy: 3:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
[quote author=makano post=107554166]Ooh, you have not even gotten your Visa..

When your Visa is ready, notify the school about your Visa..

They should get you a date that will be within your validity timeline..

Peace [/quote
Thank you very much for your reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feistymikey(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Lol that’s fanshawe for you! They are swift with thier admissions. If they want you, they’ll accept you fast, if they don’t, they’ll tell you no.

I also paid $8,930cad within 30days after I got my admission

Wisdom7400:
Please I just got admission into Fanshawe college Through my agent but the admission was so quick, not even up to a week cos i was expecting it to take up to 6 weeks so i can gather funds and now the school said I should pay complete first semester (9k) to secure a sit within 30 days or loose the admission. whaaaat!!!!! My program is sept 2022. isn't that too early or too fast? not even $1500 deposit. omo! has anyone experienced this? or should i just send 2k to them?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pejudear(f): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Congratulations nairagrounds. Canada will favour you
nairagrounds:
My good people of this platform, God, has done it oooooooo: PPR has landed.

Both emails came in at 6:35 and 6:38 AM, respectively. I never knew it could be that early.

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOESN'T EXIST.

I'll return to share my experience as I am still very much overwhelmed with Joy right now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by llionaire(m): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
good evening bosses in the house...please do I need to fill out the "date" fields on the IMM forms? I left it blank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Midegee(m): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
CalcreteJB:
My advice, use VFS Abuja

I sent mine to Abj and got it stamped and returned in about 2 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mhozzis(m): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
I paid for 2 way dispatch at DHL and I just got the email below from VAC that my PP is ready for collection . Pls do I need to inform DHL to go pick up the PP?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Midegee(m): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
SandraOvie:

Thank you, my brother I appreciate! But mine is degree o! With a study gab of 13 years!
Was yours NSE application or regular application?
Mines was NSE but trust me NSE or not u Ll get a positive report soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shommyface: 4:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION PROCESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZCQZrhZFDY

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KoinsOfLagos: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
mhozzis:
I paid for 2 way dispatch at DHL and I just got the email below from VAC that my PP is ready for collection . Pls do I need to inform DHL to go pick up the PP?

Did they already send your LOI to your IRCC portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ATTAHDYE(m): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
It is better she uses an immigration consultant, the issues with her previous denial are many a gravious.

geawears:

* I have a female friend who currently holds a Letter of acceptance to study in Canada. She is about to start her visa application.
* She also holds a previous visa refusal to Canada about three years ago. She applied through an agent (tourist visa)

* In her previous application, the agent declared that my friend is married and submitted a fake marriage certificate.

* The agent also submitted a fake Bachelor degree certificate from a different school (think he did that cause of her 3rd class).

Now that she currently holds a letter of acceptance and about to commence her visa application, i need advice on how she can explain her situation given that in the real sense she is:
*Has a genuine BSc certificate from the right institution as against the institution declared by the agent

Since the visa officer will have access to documents submitted for her previous application which was refused, can anyone PLEASE advice my friend on how her application should be presented, and do you think giving all this information about "using a wrong agent" in her personal statement will help out?

Please help!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dchamps: 5:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
Bobomaigida:

You have two options, you can choose either one but you have to have the thick skin and resources. The payment was cancelled by the funds transmitter because they can only hold rates for 3 days. The most important date is the deadline given to you by the school to pay so check that to know if you still have time.

Option 1. Disregard the cancellation notice and wait for your bank to process the payment, this might take another 1 to 2 weeks, and the funds get to the school( The funds that the school receives might be lower than the amount you had wanted to pay if the exchange rates go against you) it means you would have to pay the balance to the school.

Option 2. Cancel the form A request, and look for another means to send the fund to the school, other sources could be using another bank that can assure you that they will process within 3 days (some small banks can do this cos demand is not high with them) another source could be purchasing FX from the parallel market and doing a direct transfer to the school, this is expensive but very fast

So weigh your options

thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
First, have she ordered for her gcms note for the refusal? But thinking out aloud..How did she know about all the forgery that was done in her previous application since you say it was without her consent?
This is November and she is yet to begin her visa application process for Winter resumption? But with all of these known issues, she has alot of work to do on this application. If possible she need the services of a licenced RCIC agent to handle this application or even an immigration lawyer.
She should be worried about getting her application right and not about starting classes online cause starting online or not does not make the decision faster or positive...

I wish her all the best

geawears:

Please help!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
mhozzis:
relax. DHL will contact you once it gets to their office
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
Good news on visa fee payment I guess

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Freebands01: 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
My point of entry in Canada is Calgary, has anyone passed through Calgary here? How was it getting study permit there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (546) (547) (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.