Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,667 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855368 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by vonn(f): 6:33am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning NLers,
Please has anyone here successfully made the application fee payment for Simon Fraser University or knows someone who has?
Did you use a credit card?
If you didn't, what alternative did you take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 13, 2021
Malone122:
thank you very much please I have a question for a friend my question goes thus
First application on his IMM forms the person filled a wrong employment date
Now you planning to submit a new application
Should he fill a correct employment date in the new IMM form Or since they have it on record go with the former one

In his SOP and CV the correct one is there showing dates of employment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 7:07am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning to you all ... please kindly assist,I sent my passport since on Wednesday which was delivered on Thursday to Vfs through courier service and was confirmed that it has bn delivered on Thursday but I’ve not heard anything from the Vfs yet not even acknowledge letter that they’ve seen it . Is this normal because I’m beginning to get worried o if they didn’t deliver it at the appropriate office Canada �� . Is there anything i can do to raise alert or something? Please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toceenay(m): 7:11am On Nov 13, 2021
vonn:
Good morning NLers,
Please has anyone here successfully made the application fee payment for Simon Fraser University or knows someone who has?
Did you use a credit card?
If you didn't, what alternative did you take?
You can use ur Master or Visa Debit Card to make the payment... GT bank just increased the limit to 200 USD, that's about 251 CAD... Someone used it for 170 CAD and went through. Since Simon Fraser University app fee is under 251 CAD, it'll work as well

I don't knw if other banks have increased theirs too, but I'm sure of GTB

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:15am On Nov 13, 2021
Malone122:
thank you very much please I have a question for a friend my question goes thus
First application on his IMM forms the person filled a wrong employment date
Now you planning to submit a new application
Should he fill a correct employment date in the new IMM form Or since they have it on record go with the former one

In his SOP and CV the correct one is there showing dates of employment

In his previous application, didn't he submit appointment letter which has date of employment? If he did, let him go with the date on appointment letter he earlier used that corresponded with the date in SOP and CV because I guess he is still gonna submit same appointment letter. Unless there was no employment and the guy drafted all those letters?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by slye185: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2021
Same here.i got this "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No-- has been received from the IRCC Office..." but i am yet to receive counterfoil LOI .Passport was processed by VFS Abuja...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:21am On Nov 13, 2021
Romoke1995:
Good morning to you all ... please kindly assist,I sent my passport since on Wednesday which was delivered on Thursday to Vfs through courier service and was confirmed that it has bn delivered on Thursday but I’ve not heard anything from the Vfs yet not even acknowledge letter that they’ve seen it . Is this normal because I’m beginning to get worried o if they didn’t deliver it at the appropriate office Canada �� . Is there anything i can do to raise alert or something? Please help

Calm down Romoke,. DHL can't make mistake on parcel delivery unless sender imputed wrong address. So crosscheck if you wrote down the correct address. If you did, you don't need to worry ok, they have received it and will update you accordingly. They have alot on their hands. Don't worry, when they will start bombarding you with email, you will confirm. So relax ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:25am On Nov 13, 2021
slye185:
Same here.i got this "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No-- has been received from the IRCC Office..." but i am yet to receive counterfoil LOI .Passport was processed by VFS Abuja...

When did you receive it? With time, your counterfoil details will be updated on your GCKey. But note you won't get mail for it, so you will have to log in to see it. After that, you will now get an email for GCKey update with your LOI
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

In his previous application, didn't he submit appointment letter which has date of employment? If he did, let him go with the date on appointment letter he earlier used that corresponded with the date in SOP and CV because I guess he is still gonna submit same appointment letter. Unless there was no employment and the guy drafted all those letters?
yes he did submit appointment letter
The only issue he seems to have is
For instance the person who filled the first IMM form put he started working 2018 on the form meanwhile his appointment letter is 2017

My advice is for him to just leave the form like that and since he is submitting appointment letter,CV it would show when he started working as not to alter what they have on record
Is that okay ?? Him leaving it like that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:31am On Nov 13, 2021
Malone122:
yes he did submit appointment letter
The only issue he seems to have is
For instance the person who filled the first IMM form put he started working 2018 meanwhile it was 2017 on the form

My advice is for him to just leave the form like that and since he is submitting appointment letter,CV it would show when he started working as not to alter what they have on record
Is that okay ?? Him leaving it like that

What was his reason for previous refusal? It could be maybe the previous VO that evaluated his application didn't see it. Now what if this new VO that will evaluate it is the meticulous type that has an eye for error, what happens then? So please let him take it as an oversight from the previous application and input the correct date in this new application IMM forms.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

What was his reason for previous refusal? It could be maybe the previous VO that evaluated his application didn't see it. Now what if this new VO that will evaluate it is the meticulous type that has an eye for error, what happens then? So please let him take it as an oversight from the previous application and input the correct date in this new application IMM forms.
previous refusal was purpose of visit and finances
And the gcms note did not focus on that
Just saying applicant doesn’t seem to be well established , no clear career path
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by slye185: 7:37am On Nov 13, 2021
[I received the mail yesterday .l am aware i wont receive email for counterfoil so i logged on but not yet there. Also, i would like to ask,of what purpose is the LOI? Is it mandatory to have it handy at POE?]

When did you receive it? With time, your counterfoil details will be updated on your GCKey. But note you won't get mail for it, so you will have to log in to see it. After that, you will now get an email for GCKey update with your LOI[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

Calm down Romoke,. DHL can't make mistake on parcel delivery unless sender imputed wrong address. So crosscheck if you wrote down the correct address. If you did, you don't need to worry ok, they have received it and will update you accordingly. They have alot on their hands. Don't worry, when they will start bombarding you with email, you will confirm. So relax ok

Thanks so much ketima I really appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilsss: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2021
buzzy03:
Somebody shout hallelujah (X7)!!! Ok, you're the next to share the good news here. After several fasting and prayer, night vigil inclusive (me and my wife.. LOL).
Hey guys, it's my time to share the good news! I return all the glory to ALMIGHTY GOD!!
I've been a completely silent reader for a while, I found this forum after I submitted my application. However, I have learnt a lot here.

Application date: August 10, 2021 (study permit and spouse open work permit).
Upfront medical, PS: I didn't monitor when the medical was updated.
PPRs request: November 12
Study level admission: PhD

Funding:
Award of excellence from school: $43,211
Yearly renewable research fund: $17,500
Mitac research grant: $6,000
Personal USD account MBS: $8,000 (lump sum transferred from my Germany account with an explanation and recommendation letter from the university I worked while in Germany (just research position))
Father-in-law account (first bank MBS, please see remarks below): sorry, I won't disclose the amount (but with several lump sums, so I printed 14 months to show that it has always had lump sums) with an explanation of the sources... I didn't submit any document to back up my explanation.

Additional Docs:
IELTS (only me, my wife didn't submit)
Nigeria OND certificate (Mathematics and Statistics)
Nigeria B.Eng certificate (Elect/Elect)
Germany M.Sc. certificate (Communication and Information Technology)
Recommendation letter from two companies in Germany (Not addressed to VO, just to whom it may concern letters)
Resume for me and my wife
Marriage cert and pictures
Landed properties and plans without any valuation

REMARKS
1. Prayer doeth all things... Let me state clearly that I made a lot of mistakes in the form and with nothing to back up my lump sums. One of the silly mistakes I made was not clicking yes to the official language questionnaire, because I filled my form already before I read about NSE, so I just registered for NSE that week, when the result came out, I forgot to correct my official langue box in the form. I discovered it after 2 months.
2. Please note that the first bank MBS can be requested in a different mode. You need to apply for your visa first, once you have your UCI number, proceed to the first bank, they will send it directly to the visa office with your UCI. For more explanation, visit your first bank branch.
3. MEDICAL: For people who couldn't book a medical appointment, please go directly to IOM in Lagos very early, you will see many people in front of the gate, 95% of them are for UK medical. Just tell them security or gate-man that your medic is for Canada visa, you will be booked manually there and be given a maximum of a week date of appointment.

QUESTION! QUESTION!! QUESTION!!!
1. My wife passport will expire on July 30, 2022 (less than 9 months remaining), when I called a friend from Nigeria immigration, he said that only passports with 6 months remaining can be renewed.... Please what can I do because I hope she could get a new passport before sending it?
2. Please do I need to pay for vaccination in Nigeria and how long must we be vaccinated before travelling to Canada in roder to escape 14 days quarantine?
3. Please if you are already in Quebec, I need to speak with you regarding accommodation, even sublease to stay for some weeks.

To everyone expecting good news, it's settled IJN.

Congratulations. For the passport I will advice you to do it in Abuja. You will recieve it within one week. That's how I did my passport. As long as you have NIN and fill out some forms there shouldn't be any problems. I think it's 35,000 for expedited passport.
My passport had 7 months left so idk if that played a factor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tourphland(m): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2021
onyintel:
Good morning.

I am also going to Vancouver this December, date not certain yet. Interested in a travel buddy. She can try KLM or Lufthansa.

Do qatar air Abeg, finding travel partner too 28th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:17am On Nov 13, 2021
Malone122:
previous refusal was purpose of visit and finances
And the gcms note did not focus on that
Just saying applicant doesn’t seem to be well established , no clear career path

Please malone, let him input the correct date in the IMM form for this reapplication. It's never an issue. But if you feel otherwise, then you're free to stick with the wrong date he inputted in the old Application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:23am On Nov 13, 2021
slye185:
[I received the mail yesterday .l am aware i wont receive email for counterfoil so i logged on but not yet there. Also, i would like to ask,of what purpose is the LOI? Is it mandatory to have it handy at POE?]

When did you receive it? With time, your counterfoil details will be updated on your GCKey. But note you won't get mail for it, so you will have to log in to see it. After that, you will now get an email for GCKey update with your LOI

Is it so so so so so importantly mandatorily essential as it is written on it that do not misplace when coming to Canada. It must be carried in the hand luggage so when asked at port of entry, you will tender it. Infact it is what they will check to issue you permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

Please malone, let him input the correct date in the IMM form for this reapplication. It's never an issue. But if you feel otherwise, then you're free to stick with the wrong date he inputted in the old Application.
omo I’ll go with you and tell him
honestly really appreciate your input
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2021
canada2022:

Someone please help me
they hadly ask for updated statement of account but they do in some cases so it is advised to always leave the money there till u get ppr at least. but some ppl take the risk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
Don’t make me laugh grin grin.
A whole oga grin.

nairaland should add more funny emoji jor.
grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 13, 2021
Omiinii:
Jay immigration is ruthless. They are not your friends. There's nothing that can be done to reverse a 5 year ban according to the research I've made. Especially if you already received a Procedual fairness letter(This one sef na evidence. They already gave you a chance to come clean). It's useless to take it to court as it is a waste of money the federal high court will definitely side with IRCC. it's better to just wait the 5 years out. No affidavit can help you. The one whey we dey do for here, shey we dey honor am?. Almost everyone added affidavit of return to their application but they don't have plans to return.
Abu.though am talking about the lady that the agent submitted fake job,marriage certificate and co.My advise is on the condition that she had not been banned
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Ketima:

Hahha. Don't mind jay. If they could ban a whole oga madam like you Lianna2020, who I'm that they won't ban.

Jay316. I don't know ooo. I only came online to see that I was given the hammer of ban. Guess I was talking too much here. Lol
lol.I guess all of us that are very active has been banned one time or the other. Is there any active person that had never been banned?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 13, 2021
Toceenay:

You can use ur Master or Visa Debit Card to make the payment... GT bank just increased the limit to 200 USD, that's about 251 CAD... Someone used it for 170 CAD and went through. Since Simon Fraser University app fee is under 251 CAD, it'll work as well

I don't knw if other banks have increased theirs too, but I'm sure of GTB
sorry o.is this Naira card or Dollars and can I use my naira card to pay for something in USD? what will be the rate of exchange ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2021
slye185:
I was like u ppl and I completely understand the impatience but make una calm down.it will come

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2021
Malone122:
omo I’ll go with you and tell him
honestly really appreciate your input

Lol. Ok let me give you an instance. Now let's assume that the VO seeing the employment date in the IMM forms, but the employment letter and CV states the correct date, VO might think, ok he made a mistake, let me overlook it. Now he is applying again, the VO sees it again. Now he will think, is obvious this is intentional and maybe this job doesn't exists. So I need to verify this employment letter. He now request for MBS of salary account to check if actually you're Working and earning salary from the job. VO always think vast, so is good we try not to make them think what if..?could it be that...?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nonsoooooo: 9:25am On Nov 13, 2021
Update.....I have gotten it already
Nonsoooooo:
Hello house, when should I be expecting my Letter of introduction..my passport have been stamped and in transit back to me...though they have been some update in my potal but have I haven't seen any correspondence letter....please when do you think I can get it gurus in the house

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 9:30am On Nov 13, 2021
Jay316:
sorry o.is this Naira card or Dollars and can I use my naira card to pay for something in USD? what will be the rate of exchange ?

Official rate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Taiyelolu20: 9:31am On Nov 13, 2021
Taiyelolu20:
Good evening everyone,my study permit was recently delayed infact the mail drop just few hours to my Birthday.. I cried like a baby �it was my worst birthday ever. I have ordered for my gcms note and also defer my admission to may intake.Everything I know and submitted the idea came from this page, and I was so rest assured that I gave it my all to the Best of my ability. I guess the whole delay came from the fact that I use third person sponsorship...my aunt.

Just thinking about the whole visa delay palava this morning... It came pretty early, after 6weeks application submitted on the14th of September, bvl dropped on the 28th of October, then I was delayed on 29th of October. I did upfront medical and my Background check started third week after submission I think...just trying to put A and B together.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Jay316:

Is naira card. Got the mail too. But exchange rate depends on your bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2021
kennyjoy:

Official rate.

can I use my master card to be sending money every month to my account ?200USD every month at official rate? is there going to be interbank charges and co?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2021
Taiyelolu20:

Just thinking about the whole visa delay palava this morning... It came pretty early, after 6weeks application submitted on the14th of September, bvl dropped on the 28th of October, then I was delayed on 29th of October. I did upfront medical and my Background check started third week after submission I think...just trying to put A and B together.
please request for ur GCMS note.thats the only thing u can use to put A and B together. so sorry 4 ur delay but know dis, Delay is never denial just work hard and pray even better on ur next app?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning my people, pls on the IMM form where it was stated, “The cost of my studies will be”

•Tuition- should I input total cost of my studies? or just first yrs tuition fee?

•Room and board- should I input the total living expenses throughout my studies? Or just one yrs living expenses?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.