Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (568) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852341 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EstherAda92: 6:09am On Nov 17, 2021
chrysto:
I checked same website and found “Power Engineering Technology” and it’s Diploma not Advanced . The campus is Corner Brook. Can find the advanced diploma

Yeah is power Engineering technology not technician, is the same as advance diploma. That is program I applied for because I need a practical oriented programm

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jamp: 6:29am On Nov 17, 2021
jamp:
Please who know about this school Loyalist college ontario?. Also how is their refund policy.

Justwise, makano, Lekiboboe...others please assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 6:51am On Nov 17, 2021
Kidsister13:
Please was I suppose to upload anything after my biometrics. I did my biometrics 2nd of this month and this is what is showing on my page.

Is this normal or am I getting paranoid? Please what should I do about it.
send webform and complain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 6:57am On Nov 17, 2021
[quote author=Ikechi12 post=107688917][/quote]

Go to IOM and write ur name there they will give you an appointment there’s no link unless u want to wait till next year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 6:58am On Nov 17, 2021
Akukusesemomo:
Hello guys

I looked at the link y'all posted

What is an Invite Code?

@Aijay26
@Concate

Thanks
it will
Be sent to your email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kidsister13: 7:01am On Nov 17, 2021
Thanks for your response.
Please how do I go about it. Help please

Aijay26:
send webform and complain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 7:04am On Nov 17, 2021
Concate:
I'm not sure the NSE route still works. There is a new directive for visitor and students to apply on the new IRCC Portal account. This account is different from the GCKey account. Below is the link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

Application on this new portal guarantees a decision within 14 - 30 business days. I've seen people get visit visa in 16 business days and study visa in 30 business days. No IELTS, no upfront medical and no mybankcertificate is required to apply.

You can try this.

Please I need help regarding medicals for Nigerian Student Express. I was told I have to do the upfront medicals before i can apply but I have not been able to get a slot for medicals(both Lagos and Abuja). There are no available slots through to march 16th 2022. Same with Qlife as well.

I got admission to Conestoga College for May 2022 intake. Can someone kindly explain how I can go about starting my Visa application.

Are you sure I just went through it it states for just visitor visas only then study permit for people in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 7:04am On Nov 17, 2021
How possible is it for a re-applicant to use this ?

Concate:
I'm not sure the NSE route still works. There is a new directive for visitor and students to apply on the new IRCC Portal account. This account is different from the GCKey account. Below is the link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html

Application on this new portal guarantees a decision within 14 - 30 business days. I've seen people get visit visa in 16 business days and study visa in 30 business days. No IELTS, no upfront medical and no mybankcertificate is required to apply.

You can try this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 7:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Concate:
Correct link is

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

They’re asking for an invite code do you have one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Boluwatifebaby: 7:08am On Nov 17, 2021
[quote author=jamp post=107693905][/quote]

Please who know about this school Loyalist college ontario?. Also how is their refund policy.

I do not attend this college, neither have I applied to it. My answers are based on the research I just did. I'd advice you to always research for yourself before asking . You'd understand better.

Refunds can be requested anytime due to several stated reasons and the deadline stated is by 10 days into the semester. If after 10 days into the semester that has started, nothing is refundable .

If its denied student permit, you must send proof within 30 days of IRCC rejecting the permit. All would be refunded except $250.

If you're in canada already and you're unable to attend the school for reasons known to you, you are to write a letter explaining the valid reason(s). If accepted, you'd be refunded all except $2650.

If there's a delay in your study permit processing, you would be advised to defer to the next available program date and if you dont want, you'd be refunded all except $2650.

There are other terms to the policy but I think these terms applies to you.

Note that the latest time to ask for a refund is 10 days into the start of the term/semester. After that, OYO.

Below is the link to their refund policies page. Read it for more understanding.

https://www.loyalistcollege.com/international/future-international-students/international-student-fees/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 7:09am On Nov 17, 2021
giftedchild009:

Thanks bro, and also how much is there initial deposit for MBA?

7940 is tuition for first semester although their fees are ever changing

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2021
Exactly...
How's the Invite code generated ?
You people just gave half info to scatter someone's head. Lol

@Aijay26
@Concate

Akukusesemomo:
Hello guys

I looked at the link y'all posted

What is an Invite Code?

@Aijay26
@Concate

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 7:12am On Nov 17, 2021
tourphland:

Email me for deed of gift. I’m a legal counsel
Done. Kindly respond.

Thank you. smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Scott99tish:
Exactly...

@Aijay26
@Concate

how ? It will be sent to your email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 7:17am On Nov 17, 2021
Scott99tish:
Exactly...

@Aijay26
@Concate

ogah abeg use GCKEY. No come dey para for us. We use something come share am here, you are saying half info. Did any one teach me how to generate it. No be me learn my self, I insult IRCC Abeggggggggggg. The code will be sent to Your mail. Thats how i got mine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2021
You are just about signing up, How will it be sent ?
Maybe you should start the process again and see what We are talking about ?

There's no where to make first submission for generation of the code. Check it out and revert with process.

Regards.
Aijay26:
how ? It will be sent to your email.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 7:18am On Nov 17, 2021
No one is fighting you here...
You didn't read through my post when I wrote Lol join.

No be quarrel. No vex.

Never mind.

Good day
Aijay26:
ogah abeg use GCKEY. No come dey para for us. We use something come share am here, you are saying half info. Did any one teach me how to generate it. No be me learn my self, I insult IRCC Abeggggggggggg. The code will be sent to Your mail. Thats how i got mine.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 7:21am On Nov 17, 2021
Hi Lianna2020, I heard about the mudslide. Hopefully you and the family are staying safe in Vancouver. Do take care.

Lianna2020:
You can book or walk in , in my case I just went there , did the test and got the result in 7 hours.
Then travelled the next day .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 7:28am On Nov 17, 2021
Scott99tish:

No be quarrel. No vex.

Never mind.

Good day
sorry..
use this link to get the invitation code https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 7:29am On Nov 17, 2021
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal/

Please use this link to get the invitation code. The whole process for the getting the code changed. I did it 3 month ago. So abeg no vex

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 7:33am On Nov 17, 2021
No qualms.
We gather dey.

Aijay26:

Please use this link to get the invitation code. The whole process for the getting the code changed. I did it 3 month ago. So abeg no vex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 7:41am On Nov 17, 2021
Scott99tish:

No be quarrel. No vex.

Never mind.

Good day

Its pretty easy. No one needs to teach you. Just follow the process as it is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 7:43am On Nov 17, 2021
The cons of this route is that, for every section you are allowed to upload just a MAX of 2mb file size. There are 5 sections.
Section 1 : International passport
Section 2: Admission Letter
Section 3: Supporting Documents; in this section I uploaded my Sop and any documents backing my claims in the SOP
Section 4: PROOF OF FUNDS ; now this is where i had issues due to the file size. I had to tell them since section 5 is consent form and it will be an empty space i will upload a continuation of my proof of funds there. So I divided anything that has to do with money or assets into two. Upload all BS documents and supporting documents such as relationships btwn the sponsor and I in section 4 and any thing that had to do with landed properties/assets and all in section 5.

My advice: due to the file limit here, try and get your documents electronically. Avoid having most documents like BS in the paper format and then scanning it. If you do so, the file size will be big, if compressed it will likely not be readable.

The pro of this method is that in all section every document needed is explained explicitly. Let me use the section of proof of funds for instance, you will be told all the updated documents that is acceptable by the VO and also it is stated that every letter of sponsorship should indicate the exact amount the sponsor is willing to give. This will help the VO analyze the proof of funds in respect to the amount stated by the sponsor.

For me this method taught me how proof of funds can be tackled

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 7:52am On Nov 17, 2021
Kidsister13:
Thanks for your response.
Please how do I go about it. Help please

google webform canada. Then you will follow the instructions given. Webform basically means sending a request. Also when you do the webform thing also send them a mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 8:05am On Nov 17, 2021
Aijay26:
this is the portal I used. And it took less than 60 days.

How were you able to get the mandatory Invite Code to create your login account?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 8:07am On Nov 17, 2021
Please is this a new visa application platform that newly applicants can make use of?

Aijay26:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jamp: 8:11am On Nov 17, 2021
Boluwatifebaby:

I do not attend this college, neither have I applied to it. My answers are based on the research I just did. I'd advice you to always research for yourself before asking . You'd understand better.

Refunds can be requested anytime due to several stated reasons and the deadline stated is by 10 days into the semester. If after 10 days into the semester that has started, nothing is refundable .

If its denied student permit, you must send proof within 30 days of IRCC rejecting the permit. All would be refunded except $250.

If you're in canada already and you're unable to attend the school for reasons known to you, you are to write a letter explaining the valid reason(s). If accepted, you'd be refunded all except $2650.

If there's a delay in your study permit processing, you would be advised to defer to the next available program date and if you dont want, you'd be refunded all except $2650.

There are other terms to the policy but I think these terms applies to you.

Note that the latest time to ask for a refund is 10 days into the start of the term/semester. After that, OYO.

Below is the link to their refund policies page. Read it for more understanding.

https://www.loyalistcollege.com/international/future-international-students/international-student-fees/

Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mokikeoj: 8:20am On Nov 17, 2021
Mine took almost a month before it reflected in the section that you showed that biometrics was completed. However the biometrics details on the upper right side of the account had been updated with biometric details and the biometrics expiry date.

Kidsister13:
Please was I suppose to upload anything after my biometrics. I did my biometrics 2nd of this month and this is what is showing on my page.

Is this normal or am I getting paranoid? Please what should I do about it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 8:32am On Nov 17, 2021
Onaya:

How were you able to get the mandatory Invite Code to create your login account?
please check my previous message. I spoke about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 8:34am On Nov 17, 2021
Iffylove:
Please is this a new visa application platform that newly applicants can make use of?

yes . I was a first time applicant as well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 8:47am On Nov 17, 2021
Hi Teemenzo,

Is that the route you used too?
Teemenzo:

Its pretty easy. No one needs to teach you. Just follow the process as it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.