Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852062 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6712649/uk-student-visa-tier-4

Cloudweb:
Please is there a thread for people in the uk on tier 4 student visa?

Thank you

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 3:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
Can someone link application from gckey to this portal
Aijay26:
please check my previous message. I spoke about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 3:19pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hi Hon. Makano,

I've checked the process out myself. It's actually cool as it eliminate the imm forms but soo complicated also.
The Employment History will give lot headaches to get through as I used up to 45mins before I found a way through.

My only issue with this new IRCC model is the 2MB limit.
Mehn, Using that will make lot of documents invincible trying to meet limit...
Kolewerk for many people

Regards.
makano:
Hello Concate

Where are the 2 students? call them out to come tell the house how they did theirs.. You are the only one talking about it and it seems many here do not really understand all what you have been saying..

Its either you call the students here to come drop the guidelines through which they successfully did theirs or

You give a comprehensive guideline here which applicants here can easily understand and do it themselves.. Let applicants here benefit from this new way..

You can also drop a link on the IRCC website where IRCC stated that application on Study permit can also be done on this portal..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by adeeeeeeeee: 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
lobinche101:
PTA IS PERSONAL TRAVEL ALLOWANCE. YOU GET DOLLAR FROM THE BANK WHEN YOU HAVE A VALID VISA AND RETURN FLIGHT TICKET FROM THE BANK. FEW DAYS AGO SOME FEW BANKS RENEGOTIATED THEIR CONDITIONS FOR PURCHASE OF BTA OR PTA AND NIGERIAN STUDENTS CAN NOW BUY PTA WITH A SINGLE TICKET BUT FLIGHT MUST BE MORE THAN 5 HRS.
PEACE

Please which of the banks have renegotiated and sell dollar for Nigeria student with a single (one-way) ticket?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
Scott99tish:
Hi Hon. Makano,

I've checked the process out myself. It's actually cool as it eliminate the imm forms but soo complicated also.
The Employment History will give lot headaches to get through as I used up to 45mins before I found a way through.

Kolewerk for many people

Regards.

How did you solve that employment part please I gave up once I got there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
Concate:
Yes, they already applied on gckey before they used this portal. They just had to indicate their initial application number on their SOP so IRCC can withdraw the application on gckey.

Was the persons original application before sept 7th
Did they have to pay for another application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Concate(f): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hi Makano,

A lot of information has been provided on this from page 567 of this thread by myself and @Aijay26. The link was also provided.

Those interested in using the portal can get all the answers they need on the link provided or seek further clarification here.

makano:
Hello Concate

Where are the 2 students? call them out to come tell the house how they did theirs.. You are the only one talking about it and it seems many here do not really understand all what you have been saying..

Its either you call the students here to come drop the guidelines through which they successfully did theirs or

You give a comprehensive guideline here which applicants here can easily understand and do it themselves.. Let applicants here benefit from this new way..

You can also drop a link on the IRCC website where IRCC stated that application on Study permit can also be done on this portal..

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Concate(f): 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2021
I really don't think that's a problem.

I just copied from my resume and pasted on the space provided being mindful of the character limit of 100 for each employer.

Audrey1111:

How did you solve that employment part please I gave up once I got there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Concate(f): 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2021
Yes, the initial app was before Sept 7 and they paid for reapplication on the portal. Ircc said refund is not guaranteed.

Audrey1111:

Was the persons original application before sept 7th
Did they have to pay for another application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hi guys!

Finally, my application has been completed and counterfoil received today.

Please, who's traveling by December ending through Lufthansa in Abuja?

Secondly, Anyone has an idea of where I can do Covid19 test in Abuja?

Thanks

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2021
Try SCB...is highly code though.

adeeeeeeeee:

Please which of the banks have renegotiated and sell dollar for Nigeria student with a single (one-way) ticket?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:02pm On Nov 17, 2021
Lol.. Ok cool.

45 mins just for employment history, that is a lot though.. Prolly with time applicants will get through with it..

Some applicants that do not have bulky documents can find this useful though..

Peace

Scott99tish:
Hi Hon. Makano,

Kolewerk for many people

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
makano:
Hello Concate

Peace
from my timeline I spoke about using it . It is way easier. @gift212 she used it too. We have provided all the information we know concerning how we did ours. It is still
New and we won’t have answers to all of it. Do your research
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2021
Okay...

Its a new development which will require a lot of awareness, as many do not know about it yet..

With time, applicants will find this new IRCC online platform very useful and convenient..

Kudos..
Concate:
Hi Makano,

A lot of information has been provided on this from page 567 of this thread by myself and @Aijay26. The link was also provided.

Those interested in using the portal can get all the answers they need on the link provided or seek further clarification here.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
makano:
Hello Concate

Peace

Hello Makano,

Nice observation. I only noticed that many seems are eager to try it knowing fully well that that have applied before and will want to try it, after he/she said in 2months, decision can be made. From my own observation, the path was brought up to facilitate family reunification as they termed it so that applications decisions can be made faster. I only observed it was for visit visa, used for people who applied before September 7 mostly SOWP and others who initially applied and would like to join their spouses and family fast fast.

I also noticed that it is super fast for visit visa and any application be it SOWP which was submitted with visiting visa. But when you apply separately for SOWP and others, it may not be that fast. Also noted that, even if you have applied before, you cant link it as it will be a new application and old application fee will be forfeited.

Now back to old days IRCC promises. Sometime ago, IRCC came with a promise that if Nigerians can follow NSE route, application will be decided in 20 days. Now what's the fate of that? Again, sometimes early this year, they came up with another promise that if we can submit complete application before May 15, decision will be made by August 6th to be able to resume class for Sept fall. Now we all know the outcome.

So my brothers and sisters, if you have applied before and because of desperation and anxiousness to receive decision, you want to apply through this one. know it that once you do, your old application will likely be withdrawn and no certainty that you will receive fast decision with it. That A did it and got fast decision doest mean if B should do it, he will receive the same fast decision. Don't throw away the time you have waited so far cos of this.

If you haven't applied before, you can use it. You're safe.

Also note that this path have already had many applications and if fast at the moment, may begin to slag as they will likely be paying attention to only visit Visa applicants. I even noted that wen applying for visiting visa through that link, you will state when you want to visit and when you will come back. You think they don't know why the specified it for visiting visa only. They are looking for who will come and boast their economy and not gain from it as you know that visitors spends and don't get from the nation.

This is just my humble observation and may be totally wrong oo. So please just relax ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2021
For the employment history, you will have to upload only the period where you worked outside your academic years. If you worked during the period you were a student, do
Not indicate. All these are all explained in the portal.. Just English comprehension hard ghan !!!!!. I spoke about how to tackle the 2mb space. The section for consent form, make use of it. Trust me it is way easier and self explanatory. Just that English too much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ketima:

Hello Makano,

Nice observation. I only noticed that many seems are eager to try it knowing fully well that that have applied before and will want to try it, after he/she said in 2months, decision can be made. From my own observation, the path was brought up to facilitate family reunification as they termed it so that applications decisions can be made faster. I only observed it was for visit visa, used for people who applied before September 7 mostly SOWP and others who initially applied and would like to join their spouses and family fast fast.

I also noticed that it is super fast for visit visa and any application be it SOWP which was submitted with visiting visa. But when you apply separately for SOWP and others, it may not be that fast. Also noted that, even if you have applied before, you cant link it as it will be a new application and old application fee will be forfeited.

Now back to old days IRCC promises. Sometime ago, IRCC came with a promise that if Nigerians can follow NSE route, application will be decided in 20 days. Now what's the fate of that? Again, sometimes early this year, they came up with another promise that if we can submit complete application before May 15, decision will be made by August 6th to be able to resume class for Sept fall. Now we all know the outcome.

So my brothers and sisters, if you have applied before and because of desperation and anxiousness to receive decision, you want to apply through this one. know it that once you do, your old application will likely be withdrawn and no certainty that you will receive fast decision with it. That A did it and got fast decision doest mean if B should do it, he will receive the same fast decision. Don't throw away the time you have waited so far cos of this.

If you haven't applied before, you can use it. You're safe.

Also note that this path have already had many applications and if fast at the moment, may begin to slag as they will likely be paying attention to only visit Visa applicants. I even noted that wen applying for visiting visa through that link, you will state when you want to visit and when you will come back. You think they don't know why the specified it for visiting visa only. They are looking for who will come and boast their economy and not gain from it as you know that visitors spends and don't get from the nation.

This is just my humble observation and may be totally wrong oo. So please just relax ok.
lol you observed but you never used it. Well I used it for study visa. I should tell you more because i went through it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Boluwatifebaby: 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2021
eclint:
Hi guys!

Thanks

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2021
I wish I still have the pop message that was on the IRCC website when it first started. But what I know is that they wrote about test running it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jayifeanyi1234: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2021
Try SCB...is highly coded though.

adeeeeeeeee:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2021
Aijay26:
lol you observed but you never used it. Well I used it for study visa. I should tell you more because i went through it.

Lol, is funny you're thinking like this. Just be calming down my brother/sister. Nobody knows it all ok. For your mind, you know the process well pass me? grin grin grin grin. Chai this life no balance ooo. we no the compete here nwanne, just be helping to teach the newbies ok.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ruby22: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
Concate:
Correct link is

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Thanks a bunch @Concate. Will surely check it out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ketima:

Lol, is funny you're thinking like this. Just be calming down my brother/sister. Nobody knows it all ok. For your mind, you know the process well pass me? grin grin grin grin. Chai this life no balance ooo. we no the compete here nwanne, just be helping to teach the newbies ok.
I think your ego is what is killing you. I never saw it as a competition but you did. Maybe because you are quite Knowledgeable in this field. Nwannam!!! I am
Not here to question you at all. You tried to make it seem the route isn’t great for study permit. Nnam acharom nsogbu. I will never take your place in this forum

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Prettymi20: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2021
Akanoa:
Please, who has been able to pay their tuition through Global pay by Western Union. I went to stanbic IBTC today and they said they don't pay to third parties. I'm planning on going to a bigger branch tomorrow but anyone that has been able to pay through them, kindly state how you did it. Thank you.

I was able to and I also used stanbic
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NommyD: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2021
I am

eclint:
Hi guys!

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Aijay26:
I think your ego is what is killing you. I never saw it as a competition but you did. Maybe because you are quite Knowledgeable in this field. Nwannam!!! I am
Not here to question you at all. You tried to make it seem the route isn’t great for study permit. Nnam acharom nsogbu. I will never take your place in this forum

Wow!!! Ego indeed. Killing indeed. I don't exchange words here nwanne. I try to learn and teach where I can. if you had read my post, you will note I tried to make those who have applied before not to rush to apply with it thereby making their old application likely to be withdrawn, and time waited so far wasted, But that if you have not applied before, you can use it.

But is good. i move

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
Hey guys, lets stop trading words here. I believe you guys should pam small. Biko, Ejo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ketima:

Wow!!! Ego indeed. Killing indeed. I don't exchange words here nwanne. I try to learn and teach where I can. if you had read my post, you will note I tried to make those who have applied before not to rush to apply with it thereby making their old application likely to be withdrawn, and time waited so far wasted, But that if you have not applied before, you can use it.

But is good. i move
“I try to learn...” - I wish you did try. I read your post clearly and grasped every details and you didn’t want accredit the whole process, Knowing that you are influential on this thread ( which can possibly hinder others from using it). Hey see how makano gave his remark and learn from him. Take care!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2021
embarassed
NommyD:
I am, but from Lagos

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oluwa18: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please pardon me ,
Is it too late now to start applications for spring semester?
Applicant is currently looking for schools to apply to .
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2021
PPR ALERT! PPR ALERT!
What shall I say into the Lord all I have to say is Thank you Lord!!!
The Eagle land 11:31am����

Application Submitted.....2nd October
Biometrics........................6th October
Upfront medicals..............4th Nov.
Eligibility started................10th Nov.
Medical Passed................. 12th Nov.
Passport Request/BVL........17th Nov.

I wish I can really explain this feeling but I believe say who don experience am go understand... Lord your baby girl is super grateful.
The Canada journey started 2017 .. got admission to University of Regina but Dad said the money was much I abandoned it... I had to try Thompson rivers university got admission was asked to pay a certain amount with a deadline couldn't meet up had to defer... they gave me another deadline after which if I don't meet up the admission will be cancelled.... and Yes I didn't meet up again, I had to leave the whole matter, may be God no want make i travel.
Fast forward to 2021 I just chip the matter for my papa ear and to my greatest surprise he just told me to try it again but I was just having double mind if I should do it or not... I had to speak with some frds that gave me the morale to push it and today I have my Goodnews.
When I saw two messages from IRCC omo fear catch me..I rushed to the portal immediately to check, portal no con gree open I just leave am dey thank God though I had fear in me, after about one hour 30 mins, I checked again while slowly scrolling up with one eye open moving straight to final decision... immediately I saw your application was approved I just started crying, ran straight to my mum and told her the women wan shout ohhh... I just hold her mouth say make she no shout �. God of NSPPD, you have shown me Mercy, I am super grateful.
Below is screenshot of the table of content on the documents I submitted..
Imm forms
Passport etc

Going for MBA University Canada West, sponsor had 9m naira so I was scared this people might want to attack me for finance but God is faithful. An imperfect application but God made it perfect.

40 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.