Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861523 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ekulu77: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2021
This week will be good full of PPR's in Jesus name.
My testimony is near

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kayfregs: 6:58am On Nov 22, 2021
thank you so much

viviangogos:
Check the first page on this thread. That should have the information you need...

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 7:14am On Nov 22, 2021
EyinjuGod:
Good morning Nairalanders,

Please i need help on what is meant by Room and board, This wasn't stated by my school, can I just do a rough estimate?

Secondly, I only the the tuition for my first year, as it is a 2 year program, can I just multiply the tuition fee by 2?
And lastly, is international differential fee paid once in the first year only or twice?

N.B. I am using the new portal for my application.

Hi EyinjuGod,

*Your Room and Board, others will be 26K CAD (Overall estimate for your entire stay).

* Don’t just multiply by 2, Your tuition fee estimate should be on your Acceptance letter (Total fee to be paid to the school throughout your study including your Student union fee, registration fee etc)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bisolaemilia(f): 7:18am On Nov 22, 2021
Hi Guys,

This may be unrelated but might be helpful to someone. if you are a lady coming to the University of Manitoba in the winter session and you are looking to rent a place. Please let me know, I stay quite close to school. I have been in Manitoba since January but I am currently looking for a female roommate.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2021
kennyjoy:

Hi EyinjuGod,

*Your Room and Board, others will be 26K CAD (Overall estimate for your entire stay).
(10k+ 10K = 20k for Room and Board) others (3k+3k= 6k).

* Don’t just multiply by 2, Your tuition fee estimate should be on your Acceptance letter (Total fee to be paid to the school throughout your study including your Student union fee, registration fee etc)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 7:25am On Nov 22, 2021
giftedchild009:

I am a bit worried on some issues related to students visa application requirements. My tuition fee is $12k CAD and from my research student must have at least $11k CAD for his total expenses per year. My case here is that, I will be able to raise the POF of $30k CAD but the problem I have is that if I submit my application VO will want me to submit my salary account statement but what I earn monthly is not up to #100k Naira, won't it be an issue for me? Is there a way I can escape this and note that I don't want to use sponsor, I want to sponsor myself and also do Canada accept fixed deposit documents and also for bank statement how many months must the POF remain in my bank account? Please advise me on what to do. Thanks

Hello Giftedchild009,

Despite payment of tuition is not a prerequisite for possible approval, subtly, it is beginning to be so. From my observations and research, some applications submitted with just a seat reservation deposit between late April to August got refused based on "Personal Assets & Financial Status" and/or "Insufficient Funds to pay tuition, transportation..."

If you can demonstrate the C$30,000 after part or full tuition and LE, you will be at an advantage not only to demonstrate your financial strength but sufficiency and availability. Outside Quebec, you are required to demonstrate C$10,000 as LE.

If you can provide a savings/personal account, there is no need to present a salary account because just like a businessperson that rarely has a good sitting balance in the corporate or company account, the same applies to an employee's salary account.

However, if you are paid via your bank account and can provide payslips even if there is minimal sitting balance, feel free to include your salary account to demonstrate your source of income ONLY if your savings account has good inflows and a sitting balance. You can as well include only your payslips without your salary account to support the savings account.

On frequent occasions, it is not by how much a person earns that gives better chances, however, it can be true to an extent. What is more important for improved chances is to adequately demonstrate that your source of income is reliable and you are economically established.

If your savings account has no or justifiable lump sums and can show the history of your incomes and level of economic establishment that amounts to the available funds accumulated in your bank account, the officer will not place too much assessment (weight) on the salary amount being received. Though the officer considers employment lucrative if it fetches as high as C$1,200. Failure to convincingly demonstrate that an economic establishment is solid or reliable, then the low salary earnings becomes a problem.

For me, I prefer that the fixed deposit or corporate account should be used as secondary proof of financial support whilst the savings account is primary.

Lastly, Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a good university in BC but in terms of popularity with international students; Royal Roads and TRU are more popular. It is only recently that Vancouver Island University began gaining recognition amongst international students through its MBA program. Still, you should consider TRU.

Best of Luck

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 7:37am On Nov 22, 2021
JosephYemsol:
LONG POST ALERT!

My PPR journey

It's been Grace nothing else!

First time applicant

LoA @ Conestoga college: Dec 11 2020
•study visa application submitted: July 19th 2021
•Biometrics letter: July 20th 2021
•Biometrics completed and updated: July 22nd 2021
•Upfront Medical done: Jan 10 2021(months before applying for my visa)
•Medical updated to pass: July 27th 2021
•Eligibility review: sept 25th 2021 (sighted), not sure of the exact date it started.
I did not catch any ghost update
•BVL/ppr: October 26th 2021

Hello JosephYemsol,

I am glad to read about your determination and sacrifice. I learned from it that choice and vision are key ingredients for decision-making.

Big Congratulations!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 7:39am On Nov 22, 2021
Amen in Jesus name
Ekulu77:
My testimony is near

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Giftedchild009,

Despite payment of tuition is not a prerequisite for possible approval, subtly, it is beginning to be so. From my observations and research, some applications submitted with just a seat reservation deposit between late April to August got refused based on "Personal Assets & Financial Status" and/or "Insufficient Funds to pay tuition, transportation..."

If you can demonstrate the C$30,000 after part or full tuition and LE, you will be at an advantage not only to demonstrate your financial strength but sufficiency and availability. Outside Quebec, you are required to demonstrate C$10,000 as LE.

If you can provide a savings/personal account, there is no need to present a salary account because just like a businessperson that rarely has a good sitting balance in the corporate or company account, the same applies to an employee's salary account.

However, if you are paid via your bank account and can provide payslips even if there is minimal sitting balance, feel free to include your salary account to demonstrate your source of income ONLY if your savings account has good inflows and a sitting balance. You can as well include only your payslips without your salary account to support the savings account.

On frequent occasions, it is not by how much a person earns that gives better chances, however, it can be true to an extent. What is more important for improved chances is to adequately demonstrate that your source of income is reliable and you are economically established.

If your savings account has no or justifiable lump sums and can show the history of your incomes and level of economic establishment that amounts to the available funds accumulated in your bank account, the officer will not place too much assessment (weight) on the salary amount being received. Though the officer considers employment lucrative if it fetches as high as C$1,200. Failure to convincingly demonstrate that an economic establishment is solid or reliable, then the low salary earnings becomes a problem.

For me, I prefer that the fixed deposit or corporate account should be used as secondary proof of financial support whilst the savings account is primary.

Lastly, Kwantlen Polytechnic University is a good university in BC but in terms of popularity with international students; Royal Roads and TRU are more popular. It is only recently that Vancouver Island University began gaining recognition amongst international students through its MBA program. Still, you should consider TRU.

Best of Luck

@JUSTMELLOW

Thanks for your input, am very very grateful for all the advise. TRU happens to be my first choice but when I compare the cost of tuition fee, text books and living expenses to that of KPU I realized that i can conveniently pay for KPU, and also at TRU i am qualify for direct MBA but I don't want to go for MBA directly due to the study gaps, I graduated 2015, its will be better for me to start with PGD and then go for Masters. So when am done with my PGD at KPU i will then go for MBA at TRU or Memorial University. This is my plan for choosing KPU over TRU.
Please if you have any advise for me base on this my explanation please tell me. Thanks bro.

Best regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Joymusa: 7:54am On Nov 22, 2021
Munamoqel:
have u seen this type of case before. 1 year and 1 month .IRCC records confirm that your application has been referred for an eligibility review at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi. A referral means a case is no longer straightforward and will, in most situations, lead to delays in processing.

Although I cannot provide you with an exact date of completion, immigration officials will contact you should they require additional information or documents, to schedule an interview, or once a final decision has been made.
how can your application be 1yr. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 8:10am On Nov 22, 2021
larryrichie:
Good day every one..

I need help in booking for medical here in Lagos, can anyone here please put me through how i can book a date, tho it a upfront medical i have not been asked for medical, i just feel i should do it because of the post have been seeing here of date not been available, my applcation is 2 month and 2 weeks now.. i will really appreciate you guys response.

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @justwise and every other people here please help

Hello Larryrichie,

Put IOM on the search bar on the upper page of the thread. If your application has stayed more than the processing time, send a webform and/or email even if you will get a generic response. You have nothing to lose.

You can as well request your GCMS notes to help you understand what is ongoing with your application or the processing stage it is or if the officer needs some clarification or updated information. If you have no idea where to request it, check the signature area on my profile for the link.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2021
Happy New week to everyone. Blessed week ahead.

@Justmellow, good to have you back. Hope you are good.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 8:50am On Nov 22, 2021
Fawaz12345:
Hello Everybody where are my professional, so I’ve been denied Canada visa twice now and I’m about to apply for the third time and I don’t want to make any mistake now please kindly guide me
Please Check the attachment for my two denial letter and gcms note
I showed 10m
My dad is my sponsor
Please I need contributions oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 9:00am On Nov 22, 2021
Big Congratulations to everybody that has been approved that are too numerous to mention. I wish you all greatness. For those that are still in the struggle to overcome, continue to stay determined. Your testimony will be louder.

It is strongly advised not to be in haste to put in an application. Canada study application is moving towards the strict direction similar to Ireland study permit processing, especially relating to the financial demonstration. It is wise to pay your tuition fees even if it is not a critical requirement. Part-payment is good but paying the first-year tuition is better. Then demonstrate the second year in your account or as the case may be.

Remember that paying it does not mean the application will be approved. It is to show the availability of the study funds. Simply showing it in your bank account is not enough. If you were refused based on "Personal Assets & Financial Status" and "Family Ties" and "Insufficient funds to pay tuition and transportation" and/or "Purpose of Visit," try to pay your tuition.

If you paid only the deposit fees before, this time, pay the first or one year tuition. The same for those who paid only the first-semester tuition should pay one year before reapplying.

In as much as 4 - 6 months bank statement is accepted, 1-year helps the officer critically trace and assess the history of your inflows to determine the level of economic establishment. Lastly, avoid trying to tell the officer too much information and give only what is relevant to your application and nothing else.

Remember, your application is unique and should be submitted so.

Best of luck guys!

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 9:07am On Nov 22, 2021
Teemenzo:
Happy New week to everyone. Blessed week ahead.

@Justmellow, good to have you back. Hope you are good.

Hello Teemenzo,

I have been well. I got banned for about 2 months and a half by one of the moderators for violating rule 6. Though harsh it was right.

Thank you for your warm greetings, and hope you are well too?!

One love!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 9:10am On Nov 22, 2021
Fawaz12345:

Please I need contributions oooo
@JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 9:13am On Nov 22, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Teemenzo,

I have been well. I got banned for about 2 months and a half by one of the moderators for violating rule 6. Though harsh it was right.

Thank you for your warm greetings, and hope you are well too?!

One love!
I'm doing great. Sorry about the ban. Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 9:15am On Nov 22, 2021
giftedchild009:

@JUSTMELLOW

Thanks for your input, am very very grateful for all the advise. TRU happens to be my first choice but when I compare the cost of tuition fee, text books and living expenses to that of KPU I realized that i can conveniently pay for KPU, and also at TRU i am qualify for direct MBA but I don't want to go for MBA directly due to the study gaps, I graduated 2015, its will be better for me to start with PGD and then go for Masters. So when am done with my PGD at KPU i will then go for MBA at TRU or Memorial University. This is my plan for choosing KPU over TRU.
Please if you have any advise for me base on this my explanation please tell me. Thanks, bro.

Best regards.

You already seem to have a blueprint to demonstrate that you are a genuine student. However, ensure not to mention that you intend to pursue further study after the first.

TRU remains my choice!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amakapius: 9:20am On Nov 22, 2021
Good morning all.
Please my Canadian Visa application was denied on the ground that I won't come back because of my personal assets and financial status.
I used a sponsor account with a closing balance of C$77,000.
What do I do?
Reapply or not?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Masterlee13: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2021
Ekulu77:
My testimony is near

My too is so near my brother/sister. It will surely end In praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JustMellow: 9:27am On Nov 22, 2021
Fawaz12345:
Hello Everybody where are my professional, so I’ve been denied Canada visa twice now and I’m about to apply for the third time and I don’t want to make any mistake now please kindly guide me
I showed 10m
My dad is my sponsor

Hello Fawaz12345,

I believe your query might have been answered before now, but my responses to some posts today contain some information that may apply to your situation. In brief, work on demonstrating a good economic establishment. This can be your employment, second source of income, investments, business or investment partnership, shares, Agriculture, etc.

From your GCMS notes, the officer states Diploma, if it is, you should consider changing the program to a PGD.

Cc: Amakapius

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 9:31am On Nov 22, 2021
Any May applicants still on the waiting list?

God answer our prayers this week. In Jesus Name

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Fawaz12345,

I believe your query might have been answered before now, but my responses to some posts today contain some information that may apply to your situation. In brief, work on demonstrating a good economic establishment. This can be your employment, second source of income, investments, business or investment partnership, shares, Agriculture, etc.

From your GCMS notes, the officer states Diploma, if it is, you should consider changing the program to a PGD.

Cc: Amakapius

Best of Luck
I’m an high school graduate I don’t think I can go for PGD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Munamoqel: 10:00am On Nov 22, 2021
Joymusa:
how can your application be 1yr. shocked shocked shocked
it over 1 year .1 and 2 months. Over 200 reminder mail sent to them .almost lost interest sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 10:15am On Nov 22, 2021
It is a part of your funds and you should include it in your POF.
So in your POF, merge the scholarship letter and your bank statement.

VonVictor:
Please gurus in the house, I need help!!!!

I have been able to secure a supervisor at a university who has told me that my salary for a year would be 20k cad. When showing POF, should I mention this or should I apply like it's not a part of my funds?

Also can a sponsor like my uncle transfer the whole money and declare it with a gift deed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 10:15am On Nov 22, 2021
@Justmellow already gave similar guidelines. 1.Pay your first year school fees.
2.Provide Documentation to assure the VO you're parents will be able to fund your living expenses and tuition even after your first year. 3.Draft a SOP that will demonstrate your interests in the program you're going for so as to solidify your purpose of visit.
4.Also expound about your hometies and family ties to just solidify your candidature all round.
Fawaz12345:
I showed 10m
My dad is my sponsor

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2021
JustMellow:

You already seem to have a blueprint to demonstrate that you are a genuine student. However, ensure not to mention that you intend to pursue further study after the first.

TRU remains my choice!

@JUSTMELLOW.

Advise noted boss.

Best regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2021
Omiinii:
@Justmellow already gave similar guidelines. 1.Pay your first year school fees.
2.Provide Documentation to assure the VO you're parents will be able to fund your living expenses and tuition even after your first year. 3.Draft a SOP that will demonstrate your interests in the program you're going for so as to solidify your purpose of visit.
4.Also expound about your hometies and family ties to just solidify your candidature all round.
The no 1 can’t be possible now cause it’s not available now, but I can submit a lot of assets.
And Transfer the funds I’m going to show to my account from my dads account(sponsor)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fatuse(m): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2021
Please has anyone here sent passport to vfs lagos recently. How long does it take? Sent mine since last week and I'm yet to get it back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 11:50am On Nov 22, 2021
Then wait till it's possible. You've been rejected twice. It's gets harder from there. If you like have 500 billion if you don't show commitment you'll get the same reply. Please don't let these officers keep rejecting you. Let there be a significant change from what you did the last time.
Fawaz12345:

The no 1 can’t be possible now cause it’s not available now, but I can submit a lot of assets.
And Transfer the funds I’m going to show to my account from my dads account(sponsor)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mudiwest(m): 11:59am On Nov 22, 2021
Johnchan2:
Any May applicants still on the waiting list?

God answer our prayers this week. In Jesus Name

Amen
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
Mudi, during these period of waiting. You didn't order your notes!
mudiwest:

Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.