Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852073 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kayfregs: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
Kayfregs:
hi everyone please i am new to this forum i would like if someone can assist me on the documents i need to apply for study permits and forms i need to fill. i am a first user here
Thank you
@justmellow @ericksen @jeff5gold @chikacic @lekibobo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
Please can someone help me with directions to IOM from Age pen cinema
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by borvick(f): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jeff5gold:

Dear lizzy , I had a B.sc but I applied for a post secondary diploma program and I was accepted…I think it all depends on your explanation on why you want to study that . And if the program you are going for makes sense
After I submitted my application in 2020, some gurus on Twitter and YouTube told me my application will not be accepted because I applied for a lower program, I became scared until I got a medical request.

I still believe age is a factor for this.

Send me an email…I will send my explanation letter to you…my ex girlfriend name is lizzy ….I want the best for all Lizzie’s grin

Kindly send to me too, my daughter’s story is the same pls. God bless you. borvick@yahoo.com.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Alobay: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
dollymon:
Check Seneca College. Their refund policy in case
in visa denial is not bad. They just deduct 200 dollars administrative fee.

Thanks so much @dollymon, l am pleased
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
Check the first page on this thread. That should have the information you need...

All the best

Kayfregs:

@justmellow @ericksen @jeff5gold @chikacic @lekibobo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
I got medical request on Friday. Please good people how do I go about to get the medical done?

And requesting medical is it’s a good sign for my application?

Thanks so much

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jumax28:
Good morning. I pray this new week favour us and the mercy of God shall shine on those awaiting PPR (Amen).

I have a question regarding the sending of mails to these visa offices concerning visa application. Is it a must for your application to be more than 3months before you can send mail or is there a stipulated time to reach before one can send mails to them?

Secondly, how can one send the mails (the email addresses of the visa offices). Lastly, can someone share a format of sending the mail on here so others interested can have an idea.

Thank you.

Morning gurus in the house pls kindly help in answering this questions above so everyone can benefit. Although you might have answered in previous thread and if so kindly quote it. Thank you God bless. [/quote]

Evening everyone, happy Sunday. Blessed week ahead guys. Although the above questions have not been answered yet, please kindly send list of MP contact and province as well if you do have them so everyone can benefit from it.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
I do not think there is any definite timeline as to when they respond as each application has their different timelines. Some get medical request and PPR same week. For me, my medicals was passed 1st of Oct and PPR dropped November 3rd( that is 1 month and two days later). So all you can do is to keep sending emails to them and praying to God for the speed to remember your application for finishing.

All the best

Andytheo:
Hi guys.

Please checkout my study permit application timeline.
Application submitted: July 12th, 2021
Biometrics done/updated: July 14th
Medical request: September 30th
Medicals done: October 21st
Medicals passed: October 26th
Eligibility review started: October 26th

I haven't gotten an update for more than 3 weeks since I passed my medicals and eligibility review. My program (PGCert) is to start by January and I'm getting worried.

I have raised two webforms complaining about the delay, one 2 weeks ago, the second last week, but no response.

I hear a final decision is made shortly after medicals is passed and eligibility review starts.

Please guys what's your advice?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
Getting medical request is a very good sign of approvals all things being equal. For getting a date, You will need to send emails attaching your medical request sheet to Qlife and IOM to get available date and explain that you have been given 30 days to respond to the request. If you are in Lagos, it will be best to visit any of the clinics to explain your situation too as to get a date within the timeline. The better thing is always to have your medicals done upfront as to avoid the delay that comes with this kind of situation.

All the best

Jxool:
I got medical request on Friday. Please good people how do I go about to get the medical done?

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Residentourist: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
You are correct on children below 5years not requiring testing. I'd suggest that you print out that document and even highlight the portion that mentions it for our overzealous brothers and sisters at the airport.
@viviangogos, @slye185 and @jojorito007 I wish you a safe trip when you travel and unprecedented favor everywhere you go. May God go before you and cause every crooked path to be made plain. Amen.

viviangogos:
Thanks for this info. For the Covid test, children below 5 cannot take the PCR test right? So for me, will it be his PP details that will be required for the arrivecan right?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thank you so much dear...
I hope you and the kids are settling in just fine. All the best to you too.

Residentourist:
You are correct on children below 5years not requiring testing. I'd suggest that you print out that document and even highlight the portion that mentions it for our overzealous brothers and sisters at the airport.
@viviangogos, @slye185 and @jojorito007 I wish you a safe trip when you travel and unprecedented favor everywhere you go. May God go before you and cause every crooked path to be made plain. Amen.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jxool:

Thanks so much

Well done and congrats in advance. Please did you get an email message to check your profile before checking?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jxool:

Thanks so much
it's a good sign. Congratulations in advance. Go to IOM or qlife in person. They should schedule a date for medical for you. Explain to them that you got medical request and there's no available date on their website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 6:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yes I got email to check my gckey account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tracy0803409: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Please Family ,from Ojota to Ikeja and jibowu to Ikea, please which is closer, also please i need recommendations for a good affordable hotel around IOM in lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yes I got email notification to check my gckey account it was sent on 19th

Jumax28:

Well done and congrats in advance. Please did you get an email message to check your profile before checking?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 6:43pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thanks so much for your guidance.
I will do that tomorrow as am at Ibadan but will travel there to get it done on time because my starting date is Jan 10

atiteb4:
it's a good sign. Congratulations in advance. Go to IOM or qlife in person. They should schedule a date for medical for you. Explain to them that you got medical request and there's no available date on their website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ojota to Ikeja is closer

tracy0803409:
Please Family ,from Ojota to Ikeja and jibowu to Ikea, please which is closer, also please i need recommendations for a good affordable hotel around IOM in lagos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 6:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thanks so much. Would have get my medical done but no available spot that’s why I never do the upfront medical. I just submitted my application September 20th and biometric done September 27th

viviangogos:
Getting medical request is a very good sign of approvals all things being equal. For getting a date, You will need to send emails attaching your medical request sheet to Qlife and IOM to get available date and explain that you have been given 30 days to respond to the request. If you are in Lagos, it will be best to visit any of the clinics to explain your situation too as to get a date within the timeline. The better thing is always to have your medicals done upfront as to avoid the delay that comes with this kind of situation.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
FYI all,

Don't know if Canada is blowing it out of proportion as most western countries do when it comes to matters affecting Africa. But if you're traveling to CA through Ethiopia, I guess you may need keep in touch with your airlines. And If you haven't booked yet but want to book Ethiopian airline, guess you have to call them first to get assurance that all is good and ok

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MARINA49: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thanks so much for your contribution. I planned to convince the VO with the fact that I would like to establish a school, since I already got an uncompleted building in my name. How do you see that? ob
Bobomaigida:

Hi Marina, on the surface the funds seem enough but is the 12K cad the totality of the funds in your Dad's account? He will need to state the amount he will be contributing to you and it must not be the whole amount in his account, because he needs to show that he still has some funds to take care of his other responsibilities. Also you are going for biz mgt course while being a teacher, how will you explain your career progression? Teaching and Biz aren't related. Do you have study gaps? Kindly look at this when drafting your SOP so that you are not denied based on purpose of visit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thanks Vivian
viviangogos:
I do not think there is any definite timeline as to when they respond as each application has their different timelines. Some get medical request and PPR same week. For me, my medicals was passed 1st of Oct and PPR dropped November 3rd( that is 1 month and two days later). So all you can do is to keep sending emails to them and praying to God for the speed to remember your application for finishing.

All the best

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lianna2020:
4A, Simeon akinlonu crescent, Oniru Victoria Island Lagos
Diagnoseme by 54gene

is there pre - registration for covid 19 test ? or you can just go there and have your test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
Just go there and have the test, I did same during my time and there was no hassle at all.
Jay316:
is there pre - registration for covid 19 test ? or you can just go there and have your test
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lianna2020:
You can book or walk in , in my case I just went there , did the test and got the result in 7 hours.
Then travelled the next day .
you waited for the result or it was Emailed to u?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chomy2021: 7:47pm On Nov 21, 2021
Good evening everyone,
I have a second class lower in B.Sc and 4.2 points in M.sc all in microbiology. I want to relocate to Canada through study route. I want to go for an MBA .
I have work experience but currently run my own business with registered CAC.
WHAT ARE MY CHANCES? AND WHICH SCHOOLS SHOULD I APPLY TO?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lianna2020:
Just go there and have the test, I did same during my time and there was no hassle at all.
thanks.u waited for the results or did they send it to ur email?.Also how much for Covid 19 test?

how is Vancouver dear.I hear it rains too much.How true?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
MARINA49:
Thanks so much for your contribution. I planned to convince the VO with the fact that I would like to establish a school, since I already got an uncompleted building in my name. How do you see that? ob

Okay, but look at the course breakdown of the course, to see how you can tie it to running a school, so you have a lot to do with the SOP. All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
NAIROBI
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca
Andytheo:
Please do you have the individual mails for those offices?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PrinceAdeAde: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
Scott99tish:
I said it. I know it will be an issue for many people. I almost gave up too but I love solving problems.

Never leave a year out of the 10 years work experience they asked.
Let me use myself as an example;
1. Working with A ( Sept 2020 - till date)
2. Worked with B ( Jan 2019 - Sept 2020)
3. Worked with C (Sept 2017 - Jan 2019)
4. NYSC (April 2016 - April 2017) You can see there's a gap between my NYSC before my first job. Secret is You cannot leave any space blank. If you were jobless , tell them. If you were selling, tell them. Something must be there since time cannot be paused.

So what I later did was;
5. Unemployed (April 2017 - Sept 2017) So this will come in before the NYSC to show in between.
If you were in school during that 10 years too, Show it there and state it as Unemployed
I was in Uni from 2011 - 2015, so I stated the next this way;

6. Unemployed (Nov 2011 - April 2016)
Since the Uni has been stated ahead on the form.

That has covered the 10 years.
If you leave any month or year out of the 10 years they ask, It will always give ERROR.

I hope I communicated it well.

Regards.

@Scott99tish,I sent you a messge.Am stuck at this level and have tried different scenarios yet it throwing up the employment history error

I stated just two experience with 1st from July 2009 to Mar 2014. The second from Apr 2014 till date yet it is throwing an error and this is more than the last 10years being required.

Note: Uni degree was obtained in 2006
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 8:38pm On Nov 21, 2021
Residentourist:

I still have some concerns . I sent my passport and my 6 yrs old son passport to Abuja for stamping but I checked my tracking and I discovered that vfs failed to receive the documents and so the documents is on its way back to Lagos without visa stamp . I called DHL to know why but what they said that in most cases like that ‘ it could be that my documents was not complete …. I tried contacting vfs to know the right docs to send but Their phone has not been through.My younger son has a US passport.
I am so stressed right now..
This is what I sent
2 photocopies of my passport ,
2 consent forms
Documents received when I did my biometrics
Original international passport
Receipt of Transmission fee (N8,900)

For my 6 yrs old son
2 photocopies of his passport
Original passport
( he didn’t do biometrics so I didn’t add any consent form)
Please I need your guidance on the proper documents to send
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 21, 2021
Lianna2020:
As in ehn, my mouth still Dey open oo.

Like grin grin
Aparently according to the fellow, Mekano needs help.I just dey laugh since.we have very funny clowns on this thread aswear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.