Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856234 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations
peruxie:
Good day guys…i am a semi-silent reader here…PPR Came in this morning …I am so grateful to God and folks on this platform…I am still in the office, so will draft my timeline later in the evening. Thanks �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2021
BabajhideySammy:

Yes, I did medicals after they requested for it.

You have been approved as a decision has been made on your app..

You will need to disturb them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
GracefulG:
Hi guys.
Please is it necessary to get a gcms note after a denial? I hear the reason on the denial letter is usually not accurate.
Please how can someone order a gcms note to find out a reason for a denial and how much does it cost?
Please someone .

It is necessary to get one as it guides you on your reapplication.

You can make use of thegcmsonline.com to apply or i can apply for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lentomac: 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good morning everyone,

I got a question,

For Someone who is running a full time 1 year Program in Canada, can such person take a second Program that is One year but part time?

The school offering this second program is a DLI and is PGWP eligible, and they accept international students.

The intentions of this person is to do this part time 1-year second program and get a 2-3years PGWP

Thanks

@Makano et. al
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fatuse(m): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
Tinakemmmmm it ended it praises, My timeline
Submitted application: May 9th
Biometrics: May 14th
Upfront medicals: July 28th
Updated to pass: August 5th
Bvl and PPR: 18th November

I requested my gcms notes like 3 days before I got PPR, and I had been sending mails weekly. Monday of every week.
Tinakem:

Waooo, u got ur PPR already. I didn't here from you again neither do I see ur timeline here bro. Pls do d needful nah to ginger some other people. Let us here your testimony. It's already sealed, no village people can steal it away

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 4:40pm On Nov 23, 2021
Fatuse:
Tinakemmmmm it ended it praises, My timeline
Submitted application: May 9th
Biometrics: May 14th
Upfront medicals: July 28th
Updated to pass: August 5th
Bvl and PPR: 18th November

I requested my gcms notes like 3 days before I got PPR, and I had been sending mails weekly. Monday of every week.
add your documents please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
Thank you

gaeul:
Congratulations....I think informing them is the right thing but just wait for experienced people to reply ..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by meme74: 4:48pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please house, how do I know if a Canadian student visa application is denied? Are they suppose to send email to the applicant? If one is not getting any response, what does that mean?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
meme74:
Please house, how do I know if a Canadian student visa application is denied? Are they suppose to send email to the applicant? If one is not getting any response, what does that mean?
Thanks

You’ll get a mail to check your gckey
Your decision will always be seen in your gckey
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Carebeyondcure: 4:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
You are able great and mighty God
You are able Jesus
My PPR has Finally landed I'm so emotional will come back with my long post I'm going to church my Soli Deo Gloria gift has landed

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Eilenora: 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
How does she go about being certified medically fit though?

Onaya:

What's the outcome of her TB test? Is it negative or positive? If it's the former, then she's got nothing to be worried about. But if the latter is the case, then she'd be expected to be certified medically fit for her application to be processed, as its processing would be halted until she's been fully treated. This is basically because TB is contagious, and untreated person would pose a serious health risk to Canadian citizens.

However, one can't be refused visa based on the fact that one is positive unless one doesn't go for treatment. That's my two cents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
It is always advisable to get your gcms notes cause the VO will detail the main issues thereby buttressing on the generic refusal reasons you see on the refusal letter. This will give you better insights on how to tackle their concern in your re application.
There are some of the 3rd parties that can request the notes on your behalf like " Just Canada( I used them for mine and paid 19cad), getgcmsdotcom ( 20cad) etc.

All the best

GracefulG:
Hi guys.
Please is it necessary to get a gcms note after a denial? I hear the reason on the denial letter is usually not accurate.
Please how can someone order a gcms note to find out a reason for a denial and how much does it cost?
Please someone .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
You are able Jesus
My PPR has Finally landed I'm so emotional will come back with my long post I'm going to church my Soli Deo Gloria gift has landed
Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Masterlee13: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
You are able Jesus

Congratulations �
Are you a first time applicant?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
@JustMellow thank you...I really do appreciate your timely response
I have sent webform when I was requested to upload my renewed passport and I am yet to get any response since then.
Is it appropriate to order the gcms note or I should just wait it out

JustMellow:

Hello GbemiBukk,

Wait for your application to be finalized, but there is no harm if you decide to notify IRCC. Reasons are:

• The study permit process is not the same as the Express Entry where failure to notify IRCC of an addition of a new family member may have several consequences.

• It may further prolong your application but you will receive a congratulatory message and you may be asked if you intend to travel with your child, especially if you declare this intent in your notification message.

• You will be required to prove more POF and demonstrate how you intend to balance study and child care. Meaning you have to prove that you are a genuine student without immigration intent.

• Your application may be sent into an active review to re-evaluate your new (application) situation to determine if you meet the eligibility requirements.

If you have sent out enquiry webforms/emails, you should consider requesting your GCMS Notes. Link available on my profile signature.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
You can schedule your appointment without getting your BIL yet but ensure you get the BIL before the actual appointment cause you need it to get the biometrics done.

All the best

omariam:
Good day FAM,
Pls, do I have to wait to get Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL), b4 I can schedule an appointment with vfs for biometric capturing?
Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
You are able Jesus

Congratulations. Its a long wait from BVL. God has done it. Do shakara. Congrats once again. And to all waiting, God will do it. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
GracefulG:
Hi guys.
Please someone .

It is highly recommended that you order for your case file once a refusal has been communicated to you. It will enable you understand the actual reasons for the refusal of your application. This will guide you on how to present your case in the next attempt with adequate information and persuasive explanation to show that your situation has substantially changed.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 5:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please when you do the medical you went there or you make a booking before you go for the medical test?
BabajhideySammy:

Yes, I did medicals after they requested for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
lentomac:
Good morning everyone,

I got a question,

For Someone who is running a full time 1 year Program in Canada, can such person take a second Program that is One year but part time?

The school offering this second program is a DLI and is PGWP eligible, and they accept international students.

The intentions of this person is to do this part time 1-year second program and get a 2-3years PGWP

Thanks

@Makano et. al

As an international student, you can't run two different courses concurrently. You will have to complete the first program prior to enrolling for the second program so you can qualify for a three years PGWP.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2021
Kellart:
Good day all,

I got a request letter on my portal today

1st time application

Pls how do i upload the documents and any time frame for the request?

Ghost member here.

Please kindly treat as urgent.
Thanks

There will be a column for ulopads on your MyCIC portal. Normally you should be given a stipulated time frame in the request letter from IRCC. Most request from IRCC is usually 15days. Please refer to the request letter for clarity.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2021
omariam:
Good day FAM,
Pls, do I have to wait to get Biometric Instruction Letter (BIL), b4 I can schedule an appointment with vfs for biometric capturing?
Thank u.

If you know the exact time that is convenient for you to complete the biometrics at the VAC. You don't need to wait for the BIL to drop before you can book for an appointment. In most cases, BIL drops within 24hrs after an immigration application has been submitted.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2021
Is there a particular time to send mails and to raise we forms?
Or just any time of the day

Carebeyondcure:
Have been sending mails since last week at least twice a day even webform too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
How soon after a request document has been uploaded does the VO get to start working on it.

Frankrobbn1:

There will be a column for ulopads on your MyCIC portal. Normally you should be given a stipulated time frame in the request letter from IRCC. Most request from IRCC is usually 15days. Please refer to the request letter for clarity.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 5:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
Blazca:
Actually that's the MP of my school. They refused to assist since I started mailing them but this time requested for a solicitor

Since your MP is unable to assist you make an enquiry on your application. I will rather suggest that you continue mailing the responsible immigration officer handling your application to expedite the processing of your file. In the event that your file has exceeded the normal processing times, you may consider ordering your case file in order to ascertain the progress your file has reached.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Frankrobbn1: 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
GbemiBukk:

How soon after a request document has been uploaded does the VO get to start working on it.

How soon a visa officer gets to start work on an immigration application based on the new request is contingent on the workload on the officer's desk. No one can predict for sure the timeframe for review of additional documents. This may take up to 1 week to months.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Luckymama: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
Jay316:
thanks for ur information. God bless u.please how do we insist that he puts it there.what is he decides not to give us the study permit again nko.please Educate us on how u think we shud go about compelling the CBO to write it there please.

He can't refuse to give you the study permit. The border official is just to rubber stamp what the VO that handled your case has already decided. They have looked at your case very thoroughly and decided that you qualify to be a student.

Anyway it is just to be polite but firm. Of course if the person is in a bad mood or rude, you don't have a choice to take your permit jeje and go, but most of them will put it if you politely insist. You can explain that you can't get a SIN without it being put on your study permit. Some types of accounts in the banks sef will not be opened for you without SIN so a lot of things depend on that SIN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
You are able Jesus

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oluwashindaara: 5:52pm On Nov 23, 2021
God is good and faithful. PPR dropped for I, hubby and son this afternoon. All I can is that this God can be trusted.

Submitted application: July 2nd
Biometrics: July 5th
Upfront medicals: June updated to pass July 12
Eligibility started: September 23
LOA request: November 19
Bvl and PPR: November 23

35 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 5:53pm On Nov 23, 2021
Bro, don’t give up so quick.
YOU HAVE A GOOD CASE FOR JR.
I will advice you chase it.

They will beg you to drop case and grant you.
It’s a clear mistake from them…

lobinche101:
Long time my People. After Canada served me hot breakfast about a month ago, I couldn't accept that I sharply faced UK and I'm closer.
I got my refusal reason today and it was crazy. Yes I was going for an education program which they pointed out that I was going for a second degree blabla bla but every other thing writing in the refusal was rubbish. My father is my sponsor they said my mother. My father is retired but for years hes been a director at a major company in my state. I showed appointment letter,I showed them AGM minute for like 5 years. They are paid on schedules which I showed and I showed over 1 year bank statement showing the company continuous payment till date.
They said my mother will be using her retirement fund for an expensive study which is opposite of what I filled.
They said i didnt submit evidence of relationship to sponsor but i submitted birth cert and idcard of all family member and my father own separately again.
They said I didnt show personal statement to show money whereas I showed my own acct with over 5million and even transaction history in multi millions.
This people are just stupid.
I'm so angry right now I swear it would have been better if I didn't order this note coz this only increase my anger and determination. I will leave their Canada alone ' For now's and face the UK but I will be back for them,
Their papa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Luckymama: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

My understanding is that one can extend a 1 year study permit to 2 years, by pursuing another program. Thereafter, qualify for 3 years PGWP. Or has that changed? I mean the study permit extension part?

No it has not changed. But by the end of the first program some of us may have finished our proof of funds so we don't have the same money we had at the beginning. If it is possible to avoid going through that long journey of making application for another study permit then it's better to do so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2021
meme74:
Thanks

Yes you will get a notification on your email to go check your visa app.

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.