Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856340 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by seyiki: 1:33am On Nov 25, 2021
Good day my elders,

Please I need advice on choice of course and programme based on my background

1. I had OND in electrical/electronics engineering at upper credit level

2. Thereafter , I had 10 years plus work experience in a manufacturing company but not in electrical field

3. Later went back for HND( finished with Distinction) and start a personal business in transportation

My question:: I need advice or suggestion on fitting programme and course to enrol in to have a seamless flow in explaining career path when applying for SP

Thanks sirs and mas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mercy445: 1:40am On Nov 25, 2021
Landing Gist

I know alot of people would need this info, so I am taking time to share despite being exhausted.
Came in from Manchester to Toronto today.
Departure: Covid test and ArriveCan
Arrival first stage: Name of school, and if I am excited. ArriveCAN which I filled out already
Arrival second stage: Name of school, how many years is my program enrollment letter(gave admission and tuition receipt). Study Permit printed in 10mins while I took my daughter to restroom. Upon my return she realised she had to do their visitor record (they areUS citizen), so that took a while I waited. She didn't even ask me if I was vaccinated or not I had to ask herat what point is the covid test before she recalled she didn't ask ( I already had all I needed then). Never ask for spouses consent.

I was deliberate to pray for ease and God did exactly that. No one asked for my quarantine plan, but I already filled it in Arrive CAN

Proceeded to test,after baggage claim.( I filled the switchhealth prior so I jumped queue,God bless the lady that pointed this out.

Even my school rep was worried I was coming too early but I was ready to proof my reasons, since quarantine is 2weeks I cant afford to be housesearching around Christmas, but no one cared.

Safe flight to everyone getting ready.If you have ay questions I would return to respond.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:06am On Nov 25, 2021
Hello Seyi

How long have you gotten your HND?

Also, you didn't state your Job description in the manufacturing Company..

Why was the reason you went for an HND in a course different from your work experience?

Your answers will guide me on how to advise you..

But Ideally, we advise applicants that have gotten their 1st degree for more than 5 years to choose a course related to their work experience.

In your case, you have more than 10 yeas work experience, so choosing a course in that direction will make more sense...

But if you will have a very genuine reason for going with a course related to your HND, then u can go ahead..

Peace
seyiki:
Good day my elders,

Please I need advice on choice of course and programme based on my background

1. I had OND in electrical/electronics engineering at upper credit level

2. Thereafter , I had 10 years plus work experience in a manufacturing company but not in electrical field

3. Later went back for HND( finished with Distinction) and start a personal business in transportation

My question:: I need advice or suggestion on fitting programme and course to enrol in to have a seamless flow in explaining career path when applying for SP

Thanks sirs and mas
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by purespikes: 2:19am On Nov 25, 2021
purespikes:
Good day people, who can give me a plug for affordable Police Character Certificate in Abuja? It is urgent please

Thanks

Anyone to help with this please?
@makano, I tried reaching you..please respond to your mail sir. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:28am On Nov 25, 2021
Seen and replied

purespikes:

Anyone to help with this please?
@makano, I tried reaching you..please respond to your mail sir. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:46am On Nov 25, 2021
The story was posted here back then but then you know, most people who come here don’t tell the truth as it is.

So I wouldn’t know if it happened really or not. Tehran I first came to Canada around July, I stopped at Toronto before Vancouver n no one bothered me at all nor did they ask if I’m going to Vancouver now or in a week’s time .

I only chosed direct flight the next time because of load and that’s all so don’t worry , there won’t be issue .

Jay316:
good day Lianna. sorry I think u made a typo error cos I cant really understand. U mean they deported the person just because her port of entry was far from her school ?. wow.the reason I chose to enter through Toronto is is because u said u got ur study permit in Toronto ooo.though u said u had a connecting flight.I already booked a flight from Toronto to Vancouver but that would be a week after I arrive in Toronto as I want to spend new year with my brother .Hope it wont b a problem cos Vancouver is soo far from Toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:49am On Nov 25, 2021
Congratulations
mercy445:
Landing Gist

I know alot of people would need this info, so I am taking time to share despite being exhausted.
Came in from Manchester to Toronto today.
Departure: Covid test only
Arrival first stage: Name of school, and if I am excited. ArriveCAN which I filled out already
Arrival second stage: Name of school, how many years is my program enrollment letter(gave admission and tuition receipt). Study Permit printed in 10mins while I took my daughter to restroom. Upon my return she realised she had to do their visitor record (they areUS citizen), so that took a while I waited. She didn't even ask me if I was vaccinated or not I had to ask herat what point is the covid test before she recalled she didn't ask ( I already had all I needed then). Never ask for spouses consent.

I was deliberate to pray for ease and God did exactly that. No one asked for my quarantine plan, but I already filled it in Arrive CAN

Proceeded to test,after baggage claim.( I filled the switchhealth prior so I jumped queue,God bless the lady that pointed this out.

Even my school rep was worried I was coming too early but I was ready to proof my reasons, since quarantine is 2weeks I cant afford to be housesearching around Christmas, but no one cared.

Safe flight to everyone getting ready.If you have ay questions I would return to respond.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by greatKbass: 2:50am On Nov 25, 2021
Hello everyone, please any University of Alberta student in the house that's in a whatsapp or telegram group? I have tried searching via all means but to no avail. Kindly reply to this post so I can contact you directly. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by efizyhenchmen: 3:58am On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you!

quote author=Ketima post=107932680]

Hello Efizyhenchmen,

I think a IRCC phisican has viewed your medicals but needed another medial review to confirm something before assessing passed.

When I did mine far back at Qlife, I encountered a lady who came back cos her X-ray wasn't done properly. Even mine that day was done twice before the lady asked me to come down that is ok now.

So i don't think is will be a big deal ok. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by joyenaholo11(f): 4:11am On Nov 25, 2021
Hello everyone.

Please I know some of my questions have already been answered, but checking, I can’t seem to find any links or response.

My sister got her PPR yesterday, however I don’t know what the next steps are. Please I’ll appreciate if anyone can explain what next we are to do. Also, her course is a 2 years course, but her passport is only valid till December next year. Will this be a problem, what can we do so as not to be at a disadvantage.

I’ll appreciate any he’ll I can get please. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:39am On Nov 25, 2021
Jumax28:

Thank you so much for the reply. The personal bank statement submitted did not have much when I submitted it since it’s not as if the salary is much like that. Does this mean I can still go ahead and submit it even though the money is not much?

Yes. Is even better as from the onset, the account didn't show much fund. Now the question is, is the money short of what was submitted or more than at the moment. Either way, so long as you submitted it initially, please include it this time as VO requested for MBS. As VO didn't specify which account to submit MBS, so submit all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:46am On Nov 25, 2021
joyenaholo11:
Hello everyone.

Please I know some of my questions have already been answered, but checking, I can’t seem to find any links or response.

My sister got her PPR yesterday, however I don’t know what the next steps are. Please I’ll appreciate if anyone can explain what next we are to do. Also, her course is a 2 years course, but her passport is only valid till December next year. Will this be a problem, what can we do so as not to be at a disadvantage.

I’ll appreciate any he’ll I can get please. Thank you.

The next step is to send her passport for stamping which should be in the next 30days.

Since she is going for 2year course and her passport has only 1year validity left, she should have initiated the renewal long before now.

Nevertheless, if she can get it renewed in days fine, she will just get it and send to IRCC by mail nd webform, before sending the new one for stamping. But if she can't, she can still send it like that for stamping. There is always room for permit extension which she can do over there when she renews her passport as they can't stamp more than the expiration of her passport.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:49am On Nov 25, 2021
greatKbass:
Hello everyone, please any University of Alberta student in the house that's in a whatsapp or telegram group? I have tried searching via all means but to no avail. Kindly reply to this post so I can contact you directly. Thank you

I think they do, but specifically for university of Alberta discussion. SweetJJ would have helped but haven't seen her since she left for CA. Even graciously waiting for her landing gist. You can search her moniker and send mail to her
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by joyenaholo11(f): 5:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you so much. Please, I heard there’s a consent form we need to attach with the passport to send to IRCC. Please where can I get it. Also I can drop the passport at the Abuja visa office right?

Ketima:

The next step is to send her passport for stamping which should be in the next 30days.

Since she is going for 2year course and her passport has only 1year validity left, she should have initiated the renewal long before now.

Nevertheless, if she can get it renewed in days fine, she will just get it and send to IRCC by mail nd webform, before sending the new one for stamping. But if she can't, she can still send it like that for stamping. There is always room for permit extension which she can do over there when she renews her passport as they can't stamp more than the expiration of her passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 5:25am On Nov 25, 2021
No you can’t drop the passport at their office, you have to use dhl.
Did she do her biometrics at Abuja?

Find consent form below.
Nb: she’s filling and signing just the second page .
joyenaholo11:
Thank you so much. Please, I heard there’s a consent form we need to attach with the passport to send to IRCC. Please where can I get it. Also I can drop the passport at the Abuja visa office right?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by joyenaholo11(f): 5:42am On Nov 25, 2021
Yes please. She did her biometrics in Abuja. Thank you do much for your help.

Lianna2020:
No you can’t drop the passport at their office, you have to use dhl.
Did she do her biometrics at Abuja?

Find consent form below.
Nb: she’s filling and signing just the second page .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 5:52am On Nov 25, 2021
Okay then she will have to dhl to Abuja regardless
joyenaholo11:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 5:53am On Nov 25, 2021
Hello sis,

Were you able to fix it ?
Did you call vfs?
Jojorito007:

Hi Lianna pls I need your help
I still have some concerns . I sent my passport and my 6 yrs old son passport to Abuja for stamping but I checked my tracking and I discovered that vfs failed to receive the documents and so the documents is on its way back to Lagos without visa stamp . I called DHL to know why but what they said that in most cases like that ‘ it could be that my documents was not complete …. I tried contacting vfs to know the right docs to send but Their phone has not been through.My younger son has a US passport.
I am so stressed right now..
This is what I sent
2 photocopies of my passport ,
2 consent forms
Documents received when I did my biometrics
Original international passport
Receipt of Transmission fee (N8,900)

For my 6 yrs old son
2 photocopies of his passport
Original passport
( he didn’t do biometrics so I didn’t add any consent form)
Please I need your guidance on the proper documents to send
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 5:57am On Nov 25, 2021
Get an envelope and put the following inside and take to DHL office.

put two photocopies of your passport data page
your yellow or white or blue biometrics slip
passport request letter
consent form downloaded and printed and the 2nd page signed
passport itself
one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number

Address to be written on the envelope
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
abuja
Nigeria

joyenaholo11:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pjosh1(m): 6:12am On Nov 25, 2021
Hey guys my ppr don land ooo!!!!! Started this process since 2019, this is my 3rd application and I’m self sponsored, I used the service of Mr. Frankrobbn1 for d 3rd application

Date submitted : January 28, 2021
Refused: April 30, 2021

After refusal i ordered GCMS notes and went for Judicial review, Mr Frank really gingered me to go for JR because he was 100% sure we addressed every reason for refusal in the SOP and I was unjustly denied.

JR process started: May 04, 2021
Settlement offer: July 07,2021
Profile reopened & request letter: July 29,2021
Upfront medical-Passed: August 26, 2021
Ghost update: October 19, 2021
Request letter: October 21, 2021(IRCC asked for new Letter of Acceptance and new Passport bio data page-old passport expired)
Ghost update: November 04, 2021
Correspondence letter: November 06, 2021

Passport request: November 24, 2021

Note: I paid full tuition and left about 13k$cad in one of my bank account for living expenses.

Special thanks to Mr. Frankrobbn1 of fandrglobal.com

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 6:17am On Nov 25, 2021
Congratulations
pjosh1:
Hey guys my ppr don land ooo!!!!! Started this process since 2019, this is my 3rd application and I’m self sponsored, I use the service of Mr. Frankrobbn1 for d 3rd application

Date submitted : January 28, 2021
Refused: April 30, 2021

After refusal i ordered GCMS notes and went for Judicial review as advised by frank. Oga Frank really gingered me to for JR because he was 100% sure we addressed every reason for refusal in the SOP and I was unjustly denied.

JR process started: May 04, 2021
Settlement offer: July 07,2021
Profile reopened & request letter: July 29,2021
Upfront medical-Passed: August 26, 2021
Ghost update: October 19, 2021
Request letter: October 21, 2021(IRCC asked for new Letter of Acceptance and new Passport bio data page)
Ghost update: November 04, 2021
Correspondence letter: November 06, 2021

Passport request: November 24, 2021

Note: I paid full tuition and left about 13k$cad in one of my bank account for living expenses.

Special thanks to Mr. Frankrobbn1 of fandrglobal.com he handled everything.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by joyenaholo11(f): 6:28am On Nov 25, 2021
God bless you for me. I’m grateful.

Lianna2020:
Get an envelope and put the following inside and take to DHL office.

put two photocopies of your passport data page
your yellow or white or blue biometrics slip
passport request letter
consent form downloaded and printed and the 2nd page signed
passport itself
one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number

Address to be written on the envelope
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
abuja
Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 7:47am On Nov 25, 2021
Lianna2020:
Hello sis,

Were you able to fix it ?
Did you call vfs?

Thanks for asking ..
Yes I did .. I already have an update . I guess you missed it . I called their customer care and I found out that I was to pay 9410 as their transmission fee has been increased. I was to pay same amount for my son too as I didn’t pay for him thinking that he’s a minor . I sent a friend in Abuja to help me do the swap in the envelope. I told her to remove the initial payment receipt and replace with the new ones I sent. I gave her authorization letter, the DHL receipt of the shipment and also a copy of my passport data as evidence to prove that I sent her. Luckily everything was done that same Monday with no additional cost at DHL office . It was sent to vfs on Tuesday’
My tracking yesterday shows it’s been processed by IRCC and returned to VFS .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 7:57am On Nov 25, 2021
Ohh wow , thank you Jesus .
Glad it’s been fixed
Jojorito007:

Thanks for asking ..
Yes I did .. I already have an update . I guess you missed it . I called their customer care and I found out that I was to pay 9410 as their transmission fee has been increased. I was to pay same amount for my son too as I didn’t pay for him thinking that he’s a minor . I sent a friend in Abuja to help me do the swap in the envelope. I told her to remove the initial payment receipt and replace with the new ones I sent. I gave her authorization letter, the DHL receipt of the shipment and also a copy of my passport data as evidence to prove that I sent her. Luckily everything was done that same Monday with no additional cost at DHL office . It was sent to vfs on Tuesday’
My tracking yesterday shows it’s been processed by IRCC and returned to VFS .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by joyenaholo11(f): 7:59am On Nov 25, 2021
The passport office is saying it’ll take about 3 weeks to get a new one since there’s still up to 1year left on the old passport….saying it would have been way quicker if it was almost expired. Please, my question now is will sending this current passport with only 1 year validity be a red flag to the embassy? Can they deny us stamping cause we don’t have enough validity?

Ketima:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by seyiki: 8:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Dear Makano,

Thanks so much for your quick response.

1.I got my HND this year 2021

2. My job description was around production team lead and thereafter I moved into maintenance section as a maintenance leader

3. As for the reason I went for HND electrical, I really love electrical engineering and have a great flair for the associated courses from outset but couldn't practice in the company then because of company protocol and some stuff

I hope this suffice for now sir, but wouldn't hesitate to send you my detailed CV if it is so needed.

makano:
Hello Seyi

How long have you gotten your HND?

Also, you didn't state your Job description in the manufacturing Company..

Why was the reason you went for an HND in a course different from your work experience?

Your answers will guide me on how to advise you..

But Ideally, we advise applicants that have gotten their 1st degree for more than 5 years to choose a course related to their work experience.

In your case, you have more than 10 yeas work experience, so choosing a course in that direction will make more sense...

But if you will have a very genuine reason for going with a course related to your HND, then u can go ahead..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by debabaz: 8:03am On Nov 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a similar issue. I have my visa already, but my passport will soon expire precisely spetember 2022.

Can i renew before i travel or its best i renew when i get to Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NadeeFM: 8:07am On Nov 25, 2021
There is nothing you cannot do Protocol Breaker!
There is nothing you cannot do Covenant Keeping God!

17 years study gap
Negative news from MP's office
Family Application (Family of 4)

Nairaland peolple, God has finally done it!

I am a living proof of what God cannot do DOES NOT EXIST!

Application submitted: 22nd July
BVL & PPR(For All): 25th November

Today makes it exactly 18 weeks from submission to approval. This journey is truly not for the fainthearted oh!

No Agent used. All information gotten from Nairaland and Google. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this platform. God bless you massively!

For everyone still waiting I pray that God will make it happen speedily in Jesus' name.

PreShiloh blessing ni oooooooo! Somebody shout halleluyah!

Full gist loading....

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chris182: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2021
Same with me, I'm heading for prince Edward Island but I want to first spend time with my sis in Ontario, hope no issues go come out
Jay316:
good day Lianna. sorry I think u made a typo error cos I cant really understand. U mean they deported the person just because her port of entry was far from her school ?. wow.the reason I chose to enter through Toronto is is because u said u got ur study permit in Toronto ooo.though u said u had a connecting flight.I already booked a flight from Toronto to Vancouver but that would be a week after I arrive in Toronto as I want to spend new year with my brother .Hope it wont b a problem cos Vancouver is soo far from Toronto
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chris182: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2021
Big congrats
NadeeFM:
There is nothing you cannot do Protocol Breaker!
There is nothing you cannot do Covenant Keeping God!

17 years study gap
Negative news from MP's office
Family Application (Family of 4)

Nairaland peolple, God has finally done it!

I am a living proof of what God cannot do DOES NOT EXIST!

Application submitted: 22nd July
BVL & PPR(For All): 25th November

Today makes it exactly 18 weeks from submission to approval. This journey is truly not for the fainthearted oh!

No Agent used. All information gotten from Nairaland and Google. Thank you to everyone that has contributed to this platform. God bless you massively!

For everyone still waiting I pray that God will make it happen speedily in Jesus' name.

PreShiloh blessing ni oooooooo! Somebody shout halleluyah!

Full gist loading....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by debabaz: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2021
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=107894830]

@Frankrobbn1, Please I need your help on this.

My passport will expire in sept 2022 and i already have my Visa. Should i renew the passport before i Travel or i should try and get it done when i get to canada.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2021
It can’t be denied and it’s not a red flag.
I had eight month on mind and it was stamped ,
getting it renewed by January.
joyenaholo11:
The passport office is saying it’ll take about 3 weeks to get a new one since there’s still up to 1year left on the old passport….saying it would have been way quicker if it was almost expired. Please, my question now is will sending this current passport with only 1 year validity be a red flag to the embassy? Can they deny us stamping cause we don’t have enough validity?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.