Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (861811 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
Timegi99:
if you renew your passport they usually stamp the old one with 'cancelled without prejudice' and I don't know how this will affect any visas in your passport
yes exactly. That's the issue.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Kessy72:

Thanks for the response. I appreciate.. advanced diploma doesn’t require a Bsc or its equivalent??

He recommended an Advanced diploma because of the HND. if you had a bsc, it would have been a PGD instead.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oyalfares: 2:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
Recently I paid for Airbnb for 195.36usd with GTB Mastercard when I learnt the limit has been increased to 200usd / month and it worked! I'm sure visa fee is not up to that.
makano:
Hello efizy

Very recently GTB has increased its limit, so I wanna assume a GTB Master card can make the payment for the Visa application.. Dunno of any other bank though.

Applicants that have applied very recently, please confirm this....

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2021
atiteb4:
who gave you the advise? Some people do renew their passport before travelling though. Let's make more findings

Did l say he should not renew before travelling. If ur passport is not 6months to the expiring date it might be difficult to renew except u have strong person that can do it for u as per Niger, but if u didn't get it done it's better u do it there than sending the new passport to IRCC after u have received ur visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kessy72: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2021
Anon123:

He recommended an Advanced diploma because of the HND. if you had a bsc, it would have been a PGD instead.

I don’t have any degree just my waec
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by okeyisyma: 2:59pm On Nov 26, 2021
Is it possible for school u applied for to keep silent without any response?
Or will you get response either negative or positive?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
Winnn:
Immediately I got my PPR, I went to renew my passport at cotonou.

It is better to renew when u get PPR if u have the opportunity than after stamping

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Carebeyondcure: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
yes it is possible I waited for 3months before I got response

okeyisyma:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Kessy72:

Thanks for the response. I appreciate.. advanced diploma doesn’t require a Bsc or its equivalent??

Hello Kessy,

Some schools even the college of north Atlantic said in their site that requirements for advanced Diploma is an university/college diploma or certificate. But I think some schools accept WAEC for direct Advanced Diploma (I stand to be corrected)( those with practical experience can help out here). That your course in CNA is just an Ordinary Diploma, so I would suggest you make thorough search to find out if all colleges require a college diploma or certificate to able to go for advanced Diploma. Reason being that, when you're sure of this, you can be able to use it to convince the VO as to why Ordinary Diploma is your best bet.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
Jumax28:

@Ketima, please the webform is asking the visa office processing the application and I don't know that. Although the email was sent by Lagos office.

Should I put Lagos Office ma/sir?

I await your response.

Thank you for your time and support.

Hello Jumax,

Most Nigerians applications are done in Nairobi. But we have seen some applications with different primary offices.
So I suggest u send to Nairobi, Lagos, London. Infact send to locations you have their links. It will be redirected to your primary office by them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
okeyisyma:

I think every school replies be it approval or rejection.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 4:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hello everyone, just to let you know Qatar Airways is currently running a Black Friday sale from now till the 28th on tickets for travel up until September 2022. So you may want to check it out. They land in Montreal and then you fly domestic to your destination (can be booked together). To book make your booking online, call their office (Nigeria or Qatar) to get the rate in naira, make payment to their naira account, send payment receipt to their email and they issue your ticket.
Thought to drop this for anyone interested. Safe travels.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 4:37pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ketima:

Hello Jumax,

Most Nigerians applications are done in Nairobi. But we have seen some application with different primary office.
So I suggest u send to Nairobi, Lagos, London. Infact send to locations you have their links. It will be redirected to your primary office by them.

@Ketima thank you so much for your time and help. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
If you have a valid visa in an old passport it remains valid even after passport expires. They do not stamp "cancelled without prejudice" on your valid visa pages. When travelling you hold both old and new passports, and present at immigration.
atiteb4:
yes exactly. That's the issue.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
This eligibility review is sha taking time how long is someone supposed to wait before eligibility review start

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Johnchan2: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
Audrey1111:
This eligibility review is sha taking time how long is someone supposed to wait before eligibility review start

When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Audrey1111:

No one knows the time eligibility review takes. Some takes hrs, some days while some takes weeks and months. Just know that your application is under review by a VO. Just be praying for favorable outcome.

If may ask, have you passed medicals? If yes, was it upfront or requested?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by badalta: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
June 1 chilling for IRCC
MamateesLababy:

May 14th still here. Waiting and hopeful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2021
Congratulations! Your story will be beneficial for those seeking family applications.

NadeeFM:
Thank you everyone for the good wishes and prayers. I am very grateful.

This is the full detail of my application. It may be useful for someone here...

FAMILY APPLICATION- Study permit for myself and two children and Visit visa for Spouse

Timeline:
Application Submitted: 22nd July, 2021
Biometrics: 27th July, 2021
Upfront medical (family): 30th July, 2021
Medicals updated to passed: 5th August, 2021
Eligibility started almost immediately for me.
Eligibility for spouse and children: 19th October, 2021 (that was when I saw the ghost update)
Saw two other ghost updates on the 12th and 23rd of November
BVL & PPR: 25th November, 2021

What I did:
I prayed, I fasted and I trusted God to come through for us ….. and He did. When God says ‘Yes’, nobody can say ‘No’. I believe that very strongly.

Following @Makano’s advice read here, I started sending emails and webforms on the 21st of October (to all the IRCC offices I could lay my hands on their emails but later limited it to Nairobi, London and Lagos offices). I sent mails and webforms weekly oh…..there was a time I was sending daily. I’m sure they were tired of me but I didn’t care. I still sent the day before PPR came!

Finally, I read and read through this thread. My people, I got almost all the information I needed here. That is why I’m saying a big THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU to everyone that contributes on this platform.

I tailored my application after @goingforward’s testimony (Available on page 1) and replicated all the documents she used for her family application (as many as were applicable to my profile). Thank you oh @goingforward.

Documents Submitted:
ALL CIC DOCUMENTS

ACADEMIC DOCS:
Bachelor’s Degree Certificate and Transcripts
WAEC Result
NYSC certificate
Professional certification

PERSONAL DOCUMENTS:
Digital Passport Photo
Int’l passport pages with travel history
SOP (Written by me and edited by spouse). I followed the guidelines seen here of highlighting all refusal areas and answering the questions any VO may have.
Birth Certificate
Police Clearance Certificate
2 MBS sent (NGN and USD)
My CV
Employment letters
Pay Stubs for four months
Court Marriage Certificate
Newspaper publication for Change of marital name
Family Pictures
A document providing explanation of Funds for my study (Excel sheet)
Spouse Pension statement (Spouse is my sponsor)
Spouse statement of account (USD, NGN)
Property documents (2)

SCHOOL DOCUMENTS
Letter Of Admission
Confirmation of Acceptance email from my school
Receipt of Tuition deposit
IELTS result

CHILDREN- DOCUMENTS
ALL CIC Docs
Digital passport photo
Intl’ Passport with travel history
Birth Certificates
Previous term’s school results
Upfront inquiries about health insurance for my children (I had emailed the school about adding them to my insurance coverage and attached the email correspondence to their application)
More pictures

SPOUSE- DOCUMENTS:
CIC Docs
Digital passport photo
Intl’ Passport with travel history
Company Introductory letter
Pay stubs for last four months
Work ID card
Personal car documents

**Table of content was created for each section and referenced in the SOP.

Tips:
Read up on this platform
Take your time to prepare your documents
Follow in the footsteps of those that have gone ahead of us
Pray! Hmmnnn ….. Pray oh! God does things no man can do.

May this journey be favourable for us all in Jesus’ name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
Gift212:
If you have a valid visa in an old passport it remains valid even after passport expires. They do not stamp "cancelled without prejudice" on your valid visa pages. When travelling you hold both old and new passports, and present at immigration.
thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
Fawaz12345:
Please when is the best time to start applying for September Fall 2022 intake Visa?
And about this lump sum deposit ,i don’t really understand it, is it for only account that doesn’t take doesn’t regularly take as much as the last deposit that happened in the account?
My sponsor My dad is account is very familiar with lump sum deposit like today now he can get 17 million 25m….. huge transactions he’s into steel iron rods.My problem is that sometimes he can have just 4,000 naira 50,000 naira left in his account after making some purchases.And his inflow and outflow is very fast.
Now i’m about to apply for a visa and he doesn’t have the amount i want to show now 18million but he got a job of 18m+ which i’m going to apply when he gets the money, my concern is that will the vo also think the money will leave like how the others leave?

just some of you won’t understand what i’m saying

Hi Fawaz, I will send you an email.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
Wow
Dofrenzy:

So I got study permit and travelled on the 14th. Arrived Canada 15th and went for immigration to get study permit. Intention was to travel chill in Ontario for 3 weeks and return to Naija before travelling to Vancouver in January. Na so the border officer lady after checking my online portal and other documents now asked for my connecting flight to Vancouver - which I didn't have - and I explained that I had things I needed to drop for my cousin in Ontario and will proceed to Vancouver afterwards. The woman just look me say I no want go school ba. So she said she is giving me a 3 months study permit with a clause that I am not permitted to work off campus. She said that when I get to Vancouver and settle there, I can apply for an extension. So that was my experience some persons are angry the lady did that and others said I was lucky, I could have been sent back to naija. I still dey Ontario. Gotten what I came for SIN and study permit. Will deal with the extension when I get to Vancouver in January. Sent you a message. Reply. Certain advices I can't post here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 7:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ketima:

No one knows the time eligibility review takes. Some takes hrs, some days while some takes weeks and months. Just know that your application is under review by a VO. Just be praying for favorable outcome.

If may ask, have you passed medicals? If yes, was it upfront or requested?

Upfront and yes I passed but that was after raiding webform
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Audrey1111: 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
Audrey1111:

Upfront and yes I passed but that was after raiding webform

Raising ***

I applied with the upfront but it was still under review so I had to send it to them via webform before it got updated it was obvious Dey hadn’t opened my file
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
Good evening all.
Please i'm new here and just joined nairaland this week.
Please i want to know when applying for a Canadian students visa online, can one uplaod certified/notarised copies of documents or just original documents only?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hwu2015(m): 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hello everyone, I have few questions.
1. My wife is the one applying for the study permit, is it advisable for us to apply for visa at the same time so we can all travel together.
2. I am the one sponsoring my wife. I intend to take a loan from the bank to cover for everything. Can I use it as proof of fund?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Audrey1111:

Raising ***

I applied with the upfront but it was still under review so I had to send it to them via webform before it got updated it was obvious Dey hadn’t opened my file

For your eligibility to start,means it has started and a VO is on your file. I know the wait can be draining, but believe you me, the moment that PPR drops, you won't even remember you waited months for it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 8:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
Dofrenzy:

So I got study permit and travelled on the 14th. Arrived Canada 15th and went for immigration to get study permit. Intention was to travel chill in Ontario for 3 weeks and return to Naija before travelling to Vancouver in January. Na so the border officer lady after checking my online portal and other documents now asked for my connecting flight to Vancouver - which I didn't have - and I explained that I had things I needed to drop for my cousin in Ontario and will proceed to Vancouver afterwards. The woman just look me say I no want go school ba. So she said she is giving me a 3 months study permit with a clause that I am not permitted to work off campus. She said that when I get to Vancouver and settle there, I can apply for an extension. So that was my experience some persons are angry the lady did that and others said I was lucky, I could have been sent back to naija. I still dey Ontario. Gotten what I came for SIN and study permit. Will deal with the extension when I get to Vancouver in January. Sent you a message. Reply. Certain advices I can't post here.
Baba, you sef stay one place nah. This one you dey shedibalabala everywhere

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by joyenaholo11(f): 8:09pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hi hi!

What province are you? I’m in Mississauga Ontario, will really love to connect.

Lianna2020:
I can’t even wait to connect. I no wan talk about the boredom here mk them no attack me say why I come grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:15pm On Nov 26, 2021
themankelechi:
Good evening all.
Please i'm new here and just joined nairaland this week.
Please i want to know when applying for a Canadian students visa online, can one uplaod certified/notarised copies of documents or just original documents only?

For some documents, you just need a scanned copy of the originals for upload. While some documents that needs to be legalized, will be notarized.

Note that you don't need to notarize your credentials(certificates) as done for Germany study Visa (if I'm not mistaken)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
Vancouver cry
joyenaholo11:
Hi hi!

What province are you? I’m in Mississauga Ontario, will really love to connect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.