Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852047 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
First, you have excellent credentials, but did you check their admission requirement before you applied? Do you have a bachelor's degree? You may need to answer those questions. If your answers are NO, you may need to go for a PGD or maybe a diploma that could qualify you for a master's program.

Josh121:
Hello guys I need your advice , I apply to Concordia University Montreal for Master of Engineering Information Systems Security , I just go an email from them ( Your academic record does not meet the minimum requirements for admission to a graduate-level degree program at the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science.)
My profile , I did a program with aptech which I got distinction in 2011, in 2020 September I started my topup program with Middlesex university which I came out with first class in Information Technology.
From 2011 till now I have done professional courses like CCIE SECURITY, CompTia security+ presently getting ready to start OSCP in feburary next year.
I have been working as a network engineer for over 5 years.
Do I need to apply for PGD or how do I go about this ?.
Thank in Advance for your advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2021
Of course, you may face the uncertainty of either getting back your money or the time it will take before you get your refund simply because the idea doesn't make sense. I'm just being frank. No offense, please.

Emmasonic4me:

Hi Akannitommy,

My study is fully funded and in same school with yours. Aside from the $4k PTA, I intend to pay tuition of about $6k using form A as a way of moving my funds at CBN rate. Is there any risk in paying my tuition even though I'm on scholarship?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Steve1122: 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2021
Any new student resuming within January that needs accommodation within Mississauga, Milton and Oakville can contact me for a chance for a free accommodation in Oakville.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
Akanoa:
Good morning everyone, my gcms notes just arrived since September 16. It can only be God oh, my application was actually approved by AH03849, even me I'm shocked oh.
Note: I have a coupon given to me by a popular gcms notes company, if you need it please pm me. First come first served.

Congrats. Please share your documentation with us if you have not. Particularly how did you tackle your finance and purpose of study? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Josh121(m): 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
nairagrounds:
First, you have excellent credentials, but did you check their admission requirement before you applied? Do you have a bachelor's degree? You may need to answer those questions. If your answers are NO, you may need to go for a PGD or maybe a diploma that could qualify you for a master's program.

Yes I do have a Bachelor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

Hi Akannitommy,

My study is fully funded and in same school with yours. Aside from the $4k PTA, I intend to pay tuition of about $6k using form A as a way of moving my funds at CBN rate. Is there any risk in paying my tuition even though I'm on scholarship?

I'm not Akannitommy, but I want to share some info with you. Canadian full scholarship often come into two ways. Some give a tuition waiver and pay you the rest biweekly like a salary. Others without tuition waiver usually pay you teaching or research assistant scholarship biweekly and expect you to pay your tuition from it. When you enroll and before a certain deadline, you will sign a form that will allow the school to divide and bill your tuition monthly.

Most full scholarships fall in the second category. If yours is, you are actually allowed to pay your full tuition yourself before or during the scholarship. The scholarship is usually a work, in form of teaching or research assistant, and you will have to do the work to get your scholarship.

To summarize, as long as your school did not offer you a tuition waiver, you are expected to pay your tuition either before or during your program. You can contact your program administrator to know what tuition payment process apply to you and your program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hello Chiz

A written and signed letter of consent to the use of the Joint account for the sponsorship of your studies..

Also, a letter from the bank(this may not be compulsory) to support her claim will also be helpful. Both of them are signatories to the account, so the decision can't be taken by only your brother..

Peace
Chiziteremary:
Good day Makano,

Please what kind of legal documentation does my brothers wife need to bring. Please reply. Im running short of time. I have almost concluded my application before seeing your response. Many thanks for your response. That would have been a problem if i didnt see it.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akanoa: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Osemigho:

Congrats. Please share your documentation with us if you have not. Particularly how did you tackle your finance and purpose of study? Thank you.
Already done that .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 2:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
Yes, you would use same UCI number.

Nickoko:
What if the person previously applied for tourist visa and was given UCI number. Does he or she has to use the same number for Study Permit application?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Timegi99: 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

Hi Akannitommy,

from my uk experience. They would not refund the money to you (into a canadian account) they would simply reverse the payment so it will go back to cbn and the original naira account. My school in the UK describes what you want as money laundering. I am saying it this way not to sound too harsh. Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MEDOLAB: 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
if someone should request for deferrement because of visa delay, will the school inform immigration about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Timegi99: 2:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

Hi Akannitommy,

also what school and course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ActivatedDreams: 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
Josh121:

Yes I do have a Bachelor

Okay good, kindly go to the school portal and send a screenshot of the admission requirements for the intended course of study so that other professionals here can give their 2 cents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
joyenaholo11:
Oo oh☹️
Please I want to find out what we need to do before my sister leaves Nigeria for Canada. Like any forms she needs to fill? What’s the landing and clearance process at the airport. I’m sorry to bother you, please. And thank you so much for all your help.

Search for Landing gist on this Thread or previous ones.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
Malone122:
Good morning please I need your take on this
I have a brother who graduated with a second class upper ( business administration) in 2020
And now plans to further his education in Canada
He wants to study a course related to business and he wants it to be PGD I suggested business management with a two years Co-op at Lambton college
Please I’ll need your advice and Intake on courses he can go for that shows career progression and also lucrative in Canada when sourcing for jobs after graduation

Secondly please do I need a statement of purpose when applying for a PGD program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hello fam my gcms note just arrived. I applied since the 22nd of September, on it is the reason for my delay. I would appreciate any suggestions given on how to tackle this issue. Thanks. Gurus in the house I am loyal.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Josh121(m): 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
ActivatedDreams:

Okay good, kindly go to the school portal and send a screenshot of the admission requirements for the intended course of study so that other professionals here can give their 2 cents.

Thank you so much, it was my error, they only take computer science, computer engineering and software engineering for the course.
I will wait for the remaining 4 schools
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2021
Greetings my people.

Congratulations to the PPR receivers and many more to come.

Please, I would like to ask where I can do the Covid19 test in Abuja?

Secondly, if you're going to St. John's in December and needs accommodation, please dm me.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 3:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
The officer has concerns that your funds will be enough for the whole course maybe you didn't prove sources for subsequent source of funds.
Hubmon360:
Hello fam my gcms note just arrived. I applied since the 22nd of September, on it is the reason for my delay. I would appreciate any suggestions given on how to tackle this issue. Thanks. Gurus in the house I am loyal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jimikata(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2021
Greetings people..,
Kindly point to me schools with low tuition like 8k and below per year and low tuition deposit of below 1,500.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 3:59pm On Nov 27, 2021
jimikata:
Greetings people..,
Kindly point to me schools with low tuition like 8k and below per year and low tuition deposit of below 1,500.
Thanks.

I think University of Saskatchewan and Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador my fall into your tuition range and they don't need any tuition deposit to secure your seat (verify though).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
Hubmon360:

I think you proved to the VO that the money would be available for the study. But the vo is concerned on the sufficiency of the fund.

My thoughts though

Now when you look at the total cost of your stay and study in Canada in ratio to the money shown, maybe what will be left of the balance won't be much again. This i think may have made the vo to ask him or herself what's the essence of spending most if not almost all the funds in your account just for study.

So are you self sponsored or you're using a sposnor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Semtu(m): 4:12pm On Nov 27, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2021
Akanoa:

Already done that .

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nickoko: 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2021
Are you self sponsor?
What was the amount in your account and did you pay your one year tuition fees?
Are you leaving family behind?

Hubmon360:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
Omiinii:
The officer has concerns that your funds will be enough for the whole course maybe you didn't prove sources for subsequent source of funds.
I did prove sources of which funds would be raised
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 4:47pm On Nov 27, 2021
Ketima:

I think you proved to the VO that the money would be available for the study. But the vo is concerned on the sufficiency of the fund.

My thoughts though

Now when you look at the total cost of your stay and study in Canada in ratio to the money shown, maybe what will be left of the balance won't be much again. This i think may have made the vo to ask him or herself what's the essence of spending most if not almost all the funds in your account just for study.

So are you self sponsored or you're using a sposnor?
I am using my brother as my sponsor and also adding my own funds
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nickoko:
Are you self sponsor?
What was the amount in your account and did you pay your one year tuition fees?
Are you leaving family behind?

I am sponsored by my brother but also adding my own funds too, which makes it a joint sponsorship. I had total deposit of 32000cad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 5:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
Dear Hubmon,

VO was concerned about the total fund provided.
Kindly answer below questions for Guru in the house to provide support;
(1) What’s the duration of your program ? (1 or 2 years)
(2) Did you pay part tuition or full tuition ?
(3) If paid full, how much was in your account and that of your sponsor to show living cost.
(4) If Part, Is the balance of tuition and cost of living in your account ?

Answer above questions for Guru in the house to provide support as this is likely details they need to help.

Regards.
Hubmon360:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2021
For the sake of those asking regarding passport renewal. See the attached image.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 27, 2021
My school didn't inform the IRCC. Yours may be different.

MEDOLAB:
if someone should request for deferrement because of visa delay, will the school inform immigration about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2021
Scott99tish:
Dear Hubmon,

VO was concerned about the total fund provided.
Kindly answer below questions for Guru in the house to provide support;
(1) What’s the duration of your program ? (1 or 2 years)
(2) Did you pay part tuition or full tuition ?
(3) If paid full, how much was in your account and that of your sponsor to show living cost.
(4) If Part, Is the balance of tuition and cost of living in your account ?

Answer above questions for Guru in the house to provide support as this is likely details they need to help.

Regards.

.The program is for a year
.I paid for the first semester as requested by the school
.we had a total of 25000cad after 1st semester fees was paid. The school fees is 21000cad leaving cost for 1yr is 14863cad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.