Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (852010 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amenmay: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
what is upsetting me is that when i contacted the so called UFITFLY agent this afternoon on the outcome the where blaming me that i removed the work from them that whatever be the outcome i should take it like that. that embassy dnt say there was a chargeback the only say misrepresentation or withholding material facts can you imagine...

Anon123:

I have been following up on this issue and all i can say is its unfortunate.

Th VOs probably decided to take this decision because the repayments resulted on a chargeback which gave them the impression you were intentional with your actions.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Onaya:

Yes, I did prove my relationship with my sponsor in my SOP and backed it up with some docs. Though my admission came with a fully-funded tuition scholarship and a TAship from my department.

However, I didn't include my personal bank statement as at when I submitted my application because my sponsor's was handsome, and I also got another internal scholarship of $5k CAD from my faculty, whose document I sent to IRCC via a web form. I guess my inability to include my SOA led to the refusal.

This is serious oo, fully funded and still got refusal letter. Nawa oooo. You can't predict these people

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by larryrichie: 8:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Thanks makano, do you think i should start sending them mails. cos no update since when i did biometric

makano:
Hello Larry

Find attached the current processing time which was updated Nov 23 2021....

But what you should look at is the processing time as at when you applied..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dchamps: 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
House please on the new IRCC portal I can't find where to upload a passport photo or we don't need a passport photo?. Hope I am not missing something. Someone should help. I can't remember the Monica that used this portal I would have tagged her/him.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sparkletoy: 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
Thaiy:

I responded to your email.

Hi @Thaiy, I would like to ask some questions.

Did the school follow up with you after you arrived in NL?
What was arriving in NL like, were there protocols to be followed asides the 14 days quarantine which is compulsory?
Do you have any tip on how to get an accomodation in St John's before landing?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
dchamps:
House please on the new IRCC portal I can't find where to upload a passport photo or we don't need a passport photo?. Hope I am not missing something. Someone should help. I can't remember the Monica that used this portal I would have tagged her/him.

You are not missing anything, and Yes there is no section to upload digital passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sweetness24: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Okay,thanks for the update
Jay316:
in Alimosho, what we have here is moderna and its 4 weeks interval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shokoloko(f): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Does anyone know where to get the J&J vaccine in the south of Nigeria
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
Jayrealest:

Dear Onaya,
Earlier on in this thread, I shared here that I got sp and sowp for my wife. It will amaze you to know that I did not submit personal account. I only submitted my sponsors account which is my dad and my co sponsors account which is my wife's uncle in Canada. Just wait for you notes to understand the refusal reasons better

Yes, I read it here when you shared your timeline. Hopefully, the notes would explain in detail what the reason for the refusal is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
Amenmay:
what is upsetting me is that when i contacted the so called UFITFLY agent this afternoon on the outcome the where blaming me that i removed the work from them that whatever be the outcome i should take it like that. that embassy dnt say there was a chargeback the only say misrepresentation or withholding material facts can you imagine...

What they just told you clearly shows they dont know jack about their business and secondly, they are trying to push tge blame on you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Scott99tish:
It will.
So chill for it …

Regards.

Thanks, brotherly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hi Thaiy, Thanks for sharing this information. Please is the isolation exemption letter included in the travel letter from MUN? If yes, what other things are included in the travel letter? I was told I would not be issued a travel letter because I won’t fly to NL immediately. I have an enrollment verification letter though.
Did you isolate at NL upon arrival and what was the experience like?

Thaiy:

What province are you travelling too? I got mine after I filled my province travel authorization form, being fully vaccinated, with proof, I got the letter from them.

At Pearson Airport Toronto (YYZ Airport), I relaxed moved around, was on calls and had friends who were willing to come over, besides there is always some for killing time.

At 1:30am, when I got to St John Airport, my greeter was already on ground waiting for me, a friend had asked if my greeter did not show, that I should call him, also, there are taxi you can pick should you have an address.

My airbnb booking was made online while I was at Pearson Airport, Toronto.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ifeolu234: 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
You should have a connecting flight ticket to NL booked already too, Madeincanada.
Madeincanada:
Hi Thaiy, Thanks for sharing this information. Please is the isolation exemption letter included in the travel letter from MUN? If yes, what other things are included in the travel letter? I was told I would not be issued a travel letter because I won’t fly to NL immediately. I have an enrollment verification letter though.
Did you isolate at NL upon arrival and what was the experience like?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chimax1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
Guys please another quick one, For those travelling soon. is it mandatory to book an airbnb for quarantine? apart from the place i will already be staying with family. If yes how many days do i need to book
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akukusesemomo: 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello guys

Does my Birth certificate need to be the NPC version or is the regular one from the Local government/hospital okay? Because I don't have the NPC one.

Also how can my parent get their land valuated? Like who should they go to? To get the property valued?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 9:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please if I get this type of mail does it mean I will get my gcms note the following month which is dec 3 or 5th

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by elenewton1: 9:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Another Omicron detected in Quebec, sadly from a recent visit to Nigeria.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/omicron-monday-variant-quebec-1.6266673

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Onaya:

Yes, I read it here when you shared your timeline. Hopefully, the notes would explain in detail what the reason for the refusal is.

Hello Onaya.

Sorry for your refusal. I don't know how closely have established rapour with your sponsor? I would advise you inform him or her of the outcome, beg him or her to write a heart compelling letter to IRCC informing them of importance of your your study and the need to approve your study, citing that you have fully funded scholarship from the department and TA as well. Attach it to your new application. But then, get your note and see what is the VO main comment.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
This was mentioned when they updated about non vaccinated people will not be allowed to enter Canada by January 15th as travel within Canada will he restricted to only vaccinated people by Nov 30th. But it was said for people already in Canada cannot leave without being fully vaccinated. I do not think this is the news we are waiting for as regards the new variant from yesterday. Anyway, let's watch out for more info

Nonsoooooo:
Canada Immigration just updated their immigration policy and it's taking effect from November 30 2021

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/new-canadian-border-measures-take-effect-tomorrow-1119687.html#gs.hdwxa6
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please my people i need advice on this, please don't be tired of my questions, i graduated with Economics Education and have been working in a financial institution for 5 years as a credit analyst, the question, is can i apply for 1yr Business certificate program? initially I wanted to do PGD or MBA but am also looking at my pocket, i found that Business Certificate program cheaper?

Secondly all my funds are in microfinance bank, i want to ask if i can use microfianance bank statement of N9m and also commercial bank fixed deposit certificate together?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
giftedchild009:
Please my people i need advice on this, please don't be tired of my questions, i graduated with Economics Education and have been working in a financial institution for 5 years as a credit analyst, the question, is can i apply for 1yr Business certificate program? initially I wanted to do PGD or MBA but am also looking at my pocket, i found that Business Certificate program cheaper?

Secondly all my funds are in microfinance bank, i want to ask if i can use microfianance bank statement of N9m and also commercial bank fixed deposit certificate together?
The only part I can comment on is that you shouldn’t go for 1yr program.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mercy445: 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello All,

Please for those who are currently in Ontario with dependents, what health insurance are you using or hoping to use?

I wish everyone waiting for ppr the very best, it will be your turn soon to be congratulated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by vtino13(m): 10:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Well done guys.

Please a quick question, its been a week I went for biometry, am I supposed to upload the biometry slip I was given on the portal or it will be updated automatically by ircc.

Am a bit confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello Larry

If your application is past the processing time, you have every right to keep sending them emails until you get an update on your application...

Peace
larryrichie:
Thanks makano, do you think i should start sending them mails. cos no update since when i did biometric

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hello Tina, any news as per this yet? You mentioned it will be aired. Please update if you got any yet..

Thanks

Tinakem:

Ok the news will be aired in 30min time. Finger crossed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
No action is required from you. It's been a week? They usually update the portal in 24 hrs. But really you are not expected to do anything for biometrics though.

vtino13:
Well done guys.

Please a quick question, its been a week I went for biometry, am I supposed to upload the biometry slip I was given on the portal or it will be updated automatically by ircc.

Am a bit confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2021
Tinakem:

This is serious oo, fully funded and still got refusal letter. Nawa oooo. You can't predict these people

Honestly, they're unpredictable. And I strongly feel that most decisions are born out of the VO's disposition and state of mind at the time of finalizing an application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
giftedchild009:

Hello gifted child,

What I think VO's look at for I either career progression and/or academic progression. Do not choose a course based on cost, but should be based on progression(academically or professionally). Any course you're choosing and when writing your SOP,at first, try to be the VO of your application and ask yourself, how can I prove to a VO who is not seeing me that I'm genuinely going for his course for a particular progression pathway. Also, after writing the sop, ask yourself if what you have written is eye catching and have you explained to the vo critically why you have chosen that course. Try to create and answer all what if and what if not that VO's might think when looking at your application.

Now as regards your course PGD, you already have a degree, with 5 years of experience. Now, what level of grade did you come out with ( I mean 1st class, 2.1 or 2.2)? If 2.2, then PGD is your best bet, otherwise consider masters with funding if money will b an issue. But it doesn't mean a 1st class or 2.1 or even a master degree holder can't for for PGD. Many have and were successful. But in all, you must prove to the VO They that the choice of program and course is your best bet.

As for microfinance banks SOA. I have read if not here or somewhere that they really feel not too convinced with microfinance SOA or what have you from any microfinance( I can't verify that, so I stand to be corrected). So I would advise, if you're to use it as I have seen many use it here though and succeeded, try to back it up with concrete duly sighed and stamped letters from the body to show genuine existence of such funds. Again fixed deposite can serve but proper documents must accompany it.

My thoughts though. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
You can try and use student.globalpay.wu.com ( Western union business solution ) to pay fees.

If someone pays on your behalf and you need a refund at any time, the cash would be sent to the same person’s account.

Enick:
Good day Guru.

I received admission for a PGD in Lambton College. I went to the bank in an attempts to pay with Form A but the bank claimed they would need to flywire information of the school before they are effect payment on CBN platform. Sadly, they have refused to make the payment.

How would I address this issue?

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agape123: 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 10:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
elenewton1:
Another Omicron detected in Quebec, sadly from a recent visit to Nigeria.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/omicron-monday-variant-quebec-1.6266673

Nawa!
Nigeria gangan never detect one single case o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dofrenzy: 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
makano:
Hello Kenny

Your application is still within the processing, its not advisable to send them further repeated mails.....

Most times they received what applicants send them and do not respond, but when you order your gcms notes, you will see it there that they actually received a particular document on the date the applicant sent it...

You can as well send them a mail with the attachment of the document and after that, do not send them any mail until when your application has passed the processing time...

Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (623) (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.