Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855770 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by giftedchild009: 10:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ketima:

Hello gifted child,

What I think VO's look at for I either career progression and/or academic progression. Do not choose a course based on cost, but should be based on progression(academically or professionally). Any course you're choosing and when writing your SOP,at first, try to be the VO of your application and ask yourself, how can I prove to a VO who is not seeing me that I'm genuinely going for his course for a particular progression pathway. Also, after writing the sop, ask yourself if what you have written is eye catching and have you explained to the vo critically why you have chosen that course. Try to create and answer all what if and what if not that VO's might think when looking at your application.

Now as regards your course PGD, you already have a degree, with 5 years of experience. Now, what level of grade did you come out with ( I mean 1st class, 2.1 or 2.2)? If 2.2, then PGD is your best bet, otherwise consider masters with funding if money will b an issue. But it doesn't mean a 1st class or 2.1 or even a master degree holder can't for for PGD. Many have and were successful. But in all, you must prove to the VO They that the choice of program and course is your best bet.

As for microfinance banks SOA. I have read if not here or somewhere that they really feel not too convinced with microfinance SOA or what have you from any microfinance( I can't verify that, so I stand to be corrected). So I would advise, if you're to use it as I have seen many use it here though and succeeded, try to back it up with concrete duly sighed and stamped letters from the body to show genuine existence of such funds. Again fixed deposite can serve but proper documents must accompany it.

My thoughts though. All the best

Thanks for your input and all the advice, your advice really answered my questions. Thanks you so much boss, am very grateful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ketima:

Hello Onaya.

Sorry for your refusal. I don't know how closely have established rapour with your sponsor? I would advise you inform him or her of the outcome, beg him or her to write a heart compelling letter to IRCC informing them of importance of your your study and the need to approve your study, citing that you have fully funded scholarship from the department and TA as well. Attach it to your new application. But then, get your note and see what is the VO main comment.

Thank you so much, Ketima. Like my Biology teacher back in secondary school would say: "try and fail, but don't fail to try"; I'd try as hard as I can to address the VO's concerns before making my next application.

For sure, there's a close rapprochment between my sponsor and I. I'd be going to tell him the outcome of the whole thing tomorrow morning to see what best we can do to handle the situation. Yeah, he mentioned the fact that I have a fully-funded offer from my department along with my TAship position, and equally talked about how the knowledge I'd acquire from my MA program would shape my career paths and open up juicy job opportunities here in Nigeria after I will have completed it. In fact, I meticulously drafted the letter for his endorsement before I submitted my application.

I'm cocksure that my GCMS notes would explain in detail why my application was refused.

Warm regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kezee123(m): 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
lilylurv:

https:///KoLLQBvHJ2VJqDyCfpFAxt

it’s showing page could not be found.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yes I have . Will fly to NL after 3 weeks.
Ifeolu234:
You should have a connecting flight ticket to NL booked already too, Madeincanada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
Teeprecious:

Nawa!
Nigeria gangan never detect one single case o
even if they do, u expect them to tell the truth?.At this point, I am banking on Lai Mohammed lies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2021
Amenmay:
Good Day my people I’m writing this message with tears in my eyes. I committed my Canada dream to an agent UFITFLY by name since January 23, 2021 application was submitted on April 21, 2021 First Chargeback on July 8, 2021 second Chargeback can you image after I took over the application on my own today November 29, 2021.
See message

What can i do now?

Hello Amenmay,

So sorry about this. But truth be told, having 2 charge backs means it was intentional act by the agent(you in this regards, cos is you that IRCC knows) and he feels no remorse after all is not his application. Had it been it was a once chargeback, then I would recommend you consult a registered immigration lawyer, but for IRCC to write to you on first charge back, you paying back again only to charge back again. you leave IRCC no choice but to ban you, even if you like write all your best explanation.

In IRCC, anything can happen. if you feel you can afford to try to tackle the ban and have the money, why not? 5 years of not actualizing your dreams can be heartbreaking.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Jay316:
even if they do, u expect them to tell the truth?.At this point, I am banking on Lai Mohammed lies

Jay my oga you're still here grin grin? Make una do go make we know how many of us remain oo. Do come give us landing gist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 11:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ketima:

Jay my oga you're still here grin grin? Make una do go make we know how many of us remain oo. Do come give us landing gist.

Sorry ma, I was thinking you have also gotten your visa as well.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Everyone see this, taking effect tomorrow .
Unvaccinated travelers should try and get vaccinated.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/new-canadian-border-measures-take-effect-tomorrow-1119687.html#gs.hfm4lx
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayok90: 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
Lianna2020:
Everyone see this, taking effect tomorrow .
Unvaccinated travelers should try and get vaccinated.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/new-canadian-border-measures-take-effect-tomorrow-1119687.html#gs.hfm4lx

Seen.... Make them no ban flight na my prayer oooooo... TENSION HIGH LIKE LIFE WIRE

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
Amen
Ayok90:

Seen.... Make them no ban flight na my prayer oooooo... TENSION HIGH LIKE LIFE WIRE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by eclint(m): 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
No. It's just enrollment verification letter and quarantine plan you need to edit and submit in ArriveCan.
Madeincanada:
Hi Thaiy, Thanks for sharing this information. Please is the isolation exemption letter included in the travel letter from MUN? If yes, what other things are included in the travel letter? I was told I would not be issued a travel letter because I won’t fly to NL immediately. I have an enrollment verification letter though.
Did you isolate at NL upon arrival and what was the experience like?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ketima:

my brother, I was looking forward to my landing jist epistle oo but now,I don start to loose sleep again. Dont knw what kind of temptation this is.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
eclint:
No. It's just enrollment verification letter and quarantine plan you need to edit and submit in ArriveCan.
Can travel support letter come un place of enrollment letter ? cos most if us bringing 4wad our travel date, may not have enrollment letter as we are not yet enrolled. I check my student portal and the only self service enrollment letter an seeing if for falls session.its not time yet 4 winter enrollment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Febisola007: 12:13am On Nov 30, 2021
please can you share link
Tinakem:

Firstly, there is no 4wks whatever again, they have cancelled it since so u can enter anytime. You people should always try to read the thread, we just discussed this earlier today.
However, due to omicron thing, I just read on CBC news that Covid test will be taken at the airport for all passengers. We pray it will not results to ban. Amen

See the attached
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Limah17: 12:49am On Nov 30, 2021
Hello gurus in the house, thank you so much for all the information and advise you render on this platform. God bless each and everyone of you��

I have been following this trend for a very long time and good news is I got my PPR on 19th of nov although I applied with my 3yrs old daughter. We both did Medicals on 9th of November and medical was confirmed passed for both me and my daughter 17th of November, however I’m yet to get PPR for my daughter. Please what could be the issue and is there a positive chance for my daughter. I am really worried because school is starting 15th of January.Please kindly advise. Your help will go a long way @frankrobbn @justwise @Lekiboboe
Thank you so much inadv .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Suss95(f): 1:12am On Nov 30, 2021
Hello! My name is Suzan, I am a graduate of geology. I just want to start processing my Canadian dream, please I really need help on how to go about it as I am a complete novice. I want to apply for masters in Geographic information system (MGIS) at university of Calgary Alberta Canada, I don't mind if anyone already there can assist me. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 1:13am On Nov 30, 2021
Thanks for your response.
eclint:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 1:37am On Nov 30, 2021
But if not that your daughter hasn’t been approved , we for now hear anything, no timeline , no document . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well,I had someone in my school that it happened to, she was approved without her daughter, she sent mails to Nairobi on a daily n even email mp to assist n the daughter’s app was approved in a month plus after her own.

Limah17:
Hello gurus in the house, thank you so much for all the information and advise you render on this platform. God bless each and everyone of you��

I have been following this trend for a very long time and good news is I got my PPR on 19th of nov although I applied with my 3yrs old daughter. We both did Medicals on 9th of November and medical was confirmed passed for both me and my daughter 17th of November, however I’m yet to get PPR for my daughter. Please what could be the issue and is there a positive chance for my daughter. I am really worried because school is starting 15th of January.Please kindly advise. Your help will go a long way @frankrobbn @justwise @Lekiboboe
Thank you so much inadv .

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 3:35am On Nov 30, 2021
Lianna2020:
But if not that your daughter hasn’t been approved , we for now hear anything, no timeline , no document . Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well,I had someone in my school that it happened to, she was approved without her daughter, she sent mails to Nairobi on a daily n even email mp to assist n the daughter’s app was approved in a month plus after her own.

You are right, this is exactly what Papapa just said today on this thread.

People just come asked questions fiaaaaaam den don go.

What God cannot do does not exist " boom dey disappear

"Help me thank the Lord bla bla.." na disappear dey end am.

People no dey post a well detailed timeline again.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:45am On Nov 30, 2021
Jumax28:

Sorry ma, I was thinking you have also gotten your visa as well.

Yes I have.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 4:58am On Nov 30, 2021
Suss95:
Hello! My name is Suzan, I am a graduate of geology. I just want to start processing my Canadian dream, please I really need help on how to go about it as I am a complete novice. I want to apply for masters in Geographic information system (MGIS) at university of Calgary Alberta Canada, I don't mind if anyone already there can assist me. Thank you

Hello Succ95,

Canada school application is so easy and straightforward. Thank God you already have a course and school which you want to apply. Now is the course thesis or course based? If Thesis, does it require securing a potential supervisor before application? Or as some school does, it's thesis but doesn't need one to have a supervisor before application?

So, just look at the admission requirements for the course in the school website. If you meet it's requirements, you go ahead and apply and upload the necessary documents. I so simple.

Again, note that due to high competition, most 1st class and 2.1 gets master admissions faster. It doesn't mean that 2.2 don't get masters with that, but is is harder when compared to 1st class and 2.1 that applied to save course. So, did you come out with 1st class, 2.1 or 2.2. if 2.2, your best bet should be post graduate Diploma. But it doesn't man you can't get admission with 2.2. is all about how well you package your admission.

But note that for application fee, initially, CBN placed the maximum limit to USD100, but of recent, GTB increased theirs to CAD200. So with that, applicants can comfortably pay their application fees by themselves.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 5:03am On Nov 30, 2021
Jay316:
Can travel support letter come un place of enrollment letter ? cos most if us bringing 4wad our travel date, may not have enrollment letter as we are not yet enrolled. I check my student portal and the only self service enrollment letter an seeing if for falls session.its not time yet 4 winter enrollment.

Really? My school enrollment starts 4months before class. So why would your school take this long even though you have just a month to school resumption? Even January 2022 class was enrolled around June 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 5:14am On Nov 30, 2021
The detection of the omicron virus in Canada from two travellers from Nigeria is sending shivers down my spine as I am due to travel to canada by nextweek. I fear they might place a ban on travellers from Nigeria or even close their borders.

I want to bring my flight forward to this weekend but it will mean that I will now arrive Canada more than one month before the commencement of my program (Jan 10 2022). Wouldn't this be an issue at the airport (before boarding) as I may not have a tenable excuse why I'm leaving so early?

Pls @lekiboe @anon and other gurus help!

If you're in canada and you have a useful update what's up o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 5:36am On Nov 30, 2021
Lianna2020:

No mind them.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 6:06am On Nov 30, 2021
viviangogos:
Hello Tina, any news as per this yet? You mentioned it will be aired. Please update if you got any yet..

Thanks

https://www.canadavisa.com/coronavirus-covid-19-impact-canada-immigration-visa-border-latest-news.html?_ga=2.105880327.525456268.1638238783-1990805153.1626381869

You can read from there. But basically, u should be vaccinated and unvaccinated will be quarantine then Covid test will be conducted at the airport at random

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 6:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Pls God don't let this people ban Nigerians ooo. Another one detected and are Nigerians

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadas-quebec-said-province-discovers-first-case-new-covid-19-variant-2021-11-29/

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 6:26am On Nov 30, 2021
Tinakem:
Pls God don't let this people ban Nigerians ooo. Another one detected and are Nigerians

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/canadas-quebec-said-province-discovers-first-case-new-covid-19-variant-2021-11-29/
Nawaoo, our people should take the vaccines nah.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emy31: 6:27am On Nov 30, 2021
I hv been refused due personal Assets and financial status, after addressing that, they still refused the application. What should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emy31: 6:28am On Nov 30, 2021
Please justwise, Frankrobbn, lekkibobo please help me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kayfregs: 6:39am On Nov 30, 2021
Good morning I’m in a dicey situation
I’m about to apply for my student and I have not written my statement of purpose because i studied computer science as BSc working as a cabin crew and right now I want to do a post graduate in project management, i don’t know how I will even write it because my job is not related to any of it and this Canada people can be funny
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 7:03am On Nov 30, 2021
Anon123:

Go to the facility and appeal but submit your app first while doing that

Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.