Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,080 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862070 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ketima:

Ghost Update:
once an application was opened or touched by a VO, an application/profile update appears on GCkeys. Once you see it and log in, nothing changes and it goes back to application submitted. That's what is called ghost update. What that means is that a VO cleaned the back soot covering your application grin grin grin and will be back to it. Summarily, Ghost update means that even though it looks like nothing is going on, underground(behind the scene evaluation is going on)

During my time, I noticed 4 or so ghost update. I don't know who coined that name but that's what we came onboard to meet. So most times when an application has stayed long without any sign, we pray for a ghost update to feel that at least our application isn't forgotten.

@Ketima after seeing them how long did it take to get a final decision ma? In addition, what is "clean soot covering application"?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
Oviebright:
Good afternoon everyone.. please I would need an urgent reply.
1. Is getting tax clearance compulsory for a sponsor from Nigeria?
2. And how can I prove my relationship with my sponsor in my application as it's a distance relative that is gonna act as my sponsor. Asides from mentioning it in my SOP?

Hello,

Showing tax clearance isn't compulsory bit necessary on the other hand. If you can secure it, please do, but if you can't, try other ways to prove the genuine existence of the company or job. If it is buying and selling, you can use your waybill to show tax payment as every good(s) bought from manufacturers have tax inbuilt in the waybill. That's how I proved mine.

As for sponsors, distance relative isn't a definition. How is the sponsor related to you? if family-like Aunty or uncle. Just show a family tree indicating how he or she relates to you and attach old and new pictures if anywhere you guys were together. Also, if you have old proof of his or her past financial or otherwise important help rendered, you can attach it.

Hope this helps?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by slimberry16: 2:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
I looked at your timeline and we applied on the same day and got medical request on the same day. You did your medicals a day before me. The only difference is that im yet to get PPR. The school is Conestoga college Jan 2022
Pinkkiss21:

Congratulations!! Got PPR same day as you. When are you traveling

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Jumax28:

@Ketima after seeing them how long did it take to get a final decision ma? In addition, what is "clean soot covering application"?

for the bolded, I was only being ironic.

Ghost update cant tell when a decision can be made. But after I received my last ghost update, I didn't receive any other for more than a month. But the moment my eligibility review started, 24hrs later, I got BVL (which means that maybe all the reviews have been done behind the scene). Now another wait started till 15days later, I got a call from the IRCC Lagos office after I have worried their ancestors with mail and webform.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MEDOLAB: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nigerians can now apply for forex online as CBN deploys e-Form ‘A

Nigerians can now apply for forex online, thanks to the Central Bank of Nigeria’s deployment of an electronic Form ‘A’ to expedite applications for PTA/BTA, medicals, education, and other remittances.

This was disclosed in a circular titled, “Automation of Form ‘A’ on the Trade Monitoring System” and signed by Dr Ozoemena Nnnaji, Director Trade and Exchange Department.

The CBN states that all hard copies of Forms ‘A’ created on or before November 2, 2021 (before the start of the e-Form ‘A’) must be used within 15 working days of the Form’s creation.

What is Form A?
Form A is an application form designed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to pay for service transactions (invisible trade).

The form allows customers to purchase forex at the CBN or interbank rate to make payments for eligible services as predetermined by the foreign exchange manual.

The e-Form ‘A’ is meant to replace its hardcopy from today, November 30, 2021. The Bank also noted that customers would pay a charge of N5,000 as fee per declaration of e-Form ‘A’.

What the CBN is saying
The circular reads: “This is to inform all authorized dealers and the general public of the deployment of e-Form ‘A’.

“Accordingly, the e-Form ‘A’ shall replace the hard copy of Form ‘A’ for invincible transactions [PTA/BTA, medicals, education, other remittances etc.]with effect from November 30, 2021.

“Consequently, all authorized dealers are required to ensure that the processing of Form ’A’ shall only be done electronically on the Trade Monitoring System accessible at www.tradesystem.gov.ng.

“The general public is required to obtain a valid Bank Verification Number (BVN) from their authorized dealer Banks. The BVN is a prerequisite for customers to access the Trade System for e-Form ‘A’ application.

“The e-Form ‘A’ is web-based and allows the general public to initiate the Form from their offices/homes and submit same to the authorized dealer bank.

“A charge of N5,000 (Five Thousand Naira) as fee per declaration of e-Form ‘A’ is applicable with effect from November 30, 2021, and henceforth. There will be a direct debit from the processing bank’s current account for each declaration which should be recovered the charge on the customer by the bank. However, customers for the e-Form ‘A’ should be separated from other bank charges.”

“All hard copies of Forms ‘A’ established on or before November 2 2021 (prior to the commencement of the e-Form ‘A’) shall be utilized within 15 working days of the establishment of the Form.

“For the avoidance of doubt, all established hard copies of Forms ‘A’ for which disbursement had not been made within the transition period of 15 working days shall be deemed cancelled.

“All authority dealer banks are enjoined to inform their customers of the development for compliance.”

The introduction of the e-Form A is just another of several initiatives of the CBN to ensure the easy accessibility of forex and related services to Nigerian bank customers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jumax28: 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ketima:

for the bolded, I was only being ironic.

Ghost update cant tell when a decision can be made. But after I received my last ghost update, I didn't receive any other for more than a month. But the moment my eligibility review started, 24hrs later, I got BVL (which means that maybe all the reviews have been done behind the scene). Now another wait started till 15days later, I got a call from the IRCC Lagos office after I have worried their ancestors with mail and webform.

@Ketima thanks once again. My eligibility has started last week before I received the ghost update. But thanks for answering all my concern God have perfected the rest in my favour and those waiting (Amen).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
Oviebright:
Good afternoon everyone.. please I would need an urgent reply.
1. Is getting tax clearance compulsory for a sponsor from Nigeria?
2. And how can I prove my relationship with my sponsor in my application as it's a distance relative that is gonna act as my sponsor. Asides from mentioning it in my SOP?

1) Not compulsory
2) Ensure you do not mention this sponsor is married otherwise the VO will wonder how the sponsor would sponsor you, business and family.

You will need to explain your relationship with him, include photos of yourself and him, him and your own family, your parents affidavit confirming their relationship with the sponsor etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
Jumax28:

@Ketima thanks once again. My eligibility has started last week before I received the ghost update. But thanks for answering all my concern God have perfected the rest in my favour and those waiting (Amen).

Amen and positive news is coming your way.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 2:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
@Andytheo

See below bolded section. We’re you given another separate Co-op confirmation letter or it was just written on your Letter of Acceptance?

I am asking before my program have Co-Op but I was not given a separate letter.

[quote author=Andytheo post=108085414]PPR Alert!!

TIMELINE
Application submitted: 12th July, 2021
Biometrics done and updated (Lagos): 14th July
Medical request: 30th September
Medicals done (IOM Lagos): 21st October
Medicals updated to pass/Eligibility review: 26th October
PPR request/BVL: 24th November
Passport sent to VFS Abuja: 25th November (awaiting stamping and delivery)

DOCUMENTS (Applicant)

All the IMM forms
International Passport
Digital passport photo
Letter of Acceptance/Co-op confirmation letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2021
slimberry16:
I looked at your timeline and we applied on the same day and got medical request on the same day. You did your medicals a day before me. The only difference is that im yet to get PPR. The school is Conestoga college Jan 2022

Wow.. that's good to know.
Keep the faith @slimberry. Your PPR is coming right up. Amen.
You can send web forms and emails too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Andytheo: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hi @Perfectyyyyyy.
My Letter of Acceptance, a 4-page document contained the main acceptance letter and co-op letter.
You can send a mail to your school about your co-op letter.

Perfectyyyyyy:
@Andytheo

See below bolded section. We’re you given another separate Co-op confirmation letter or it was just written on your Letter of Acceptance?

I am asking before my program have Co-Op but I was not given a separate letter.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
slimberry16:
You see part of the reasons why we encourages people to post their Timeline.

I wish you Goodluck mate !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
Update::

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=Katehasty post=108077561][/quote]
Nobody is responding pls now say sometn..,I have been waiting for 2 months now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Katehasty:
Please if I get this type of mail does it mean I will get my gcms note the following month which is dec 3 or 5th
Pls say sometn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kezee123(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
lilylurv:

Sorry, it didn't copy correctly, NL modifying it.

Send me your number, will add you

07036472329, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
Good day my good people of nairaland,

Please i have a quick response. Im filling for form 1294e, FOr the UCI, ive read where someone on the thread said its only for people who have applied before. Pls do i leave it blank or write N/A. i have read where IRCC said donr leave blank spaces. I need your urgent response pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2021

Please i have a quick question. Im filling for form 1294e, FOr the UCI, ive read where someone on the thread said its only for people who have applied before. Pls do i leave it blank or write N/A. i have read where IRCC said donr leave blank spaces. I need your urgent response pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chiziteremary:

Please i have a quick response. Im filling for form 1294e, FOr the UCI, ive read where someone on the thread said its only for people who have applied before. Pls do i leave it blank or write N/A. i have read where IRCC said dont leave blank spaces. I need your urgent response pls

Sorry pls i meant a quick question not response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 3:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Have you registered for your semester courses? You may not get an enrollment letter unless you did. You should email your school for enquiries.

Jay316:
Can travel support letter come un place of enrollment letter ? cos most if us bringing 4wad our travel date, may not have enrollment letter as we are not yet enrolled. I check my student portal and the only self service enrollment letter an seeing if for falls session.its not time yet 4 winter enrollment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maypearl: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chiziteremary:

Please i have a quick question. Im filling for form 1294e, FOr the UCI, ive read where someone on the thread said its only for people who have applied before. Pls do i leave it blank or write N/A. i have read where IRCC said donr leave blank spaces. I need your urgent response pls

Hey Chiziteremary, if you’re a first time applicant you leave it blank. It’s only meant to be filled by those that have applied for a visa before.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Pinkkiss21: 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
slimberry16:
You will get it soon in Jesus name. Amen
My school is Georgian college

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chiziteremary:

leave it blank if this is your first time application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Foski01:
Update::

Please can you shed more light on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 3:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=Anon123 post=108089172]

leave it blank if this is your first time application[/quote

Thanks Anon123 and Maypearl
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
I got an email about some changes on my application status an hour ago from IRCC , even though my application was refused yesterday. Who has ever experienced such a thing before? Is it a sign of anything positive?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by purespikes: 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
Andytheo:
Hi guys.

I really appreciate the work y'all do here. I've been a silent reader and I've learnt so much from this platform.

I'm pleased to say that I got my PPR last week.

However, I have a question.

How can someone show proof of funds when asked at the Point of Entry (POE) into Canada?

All the funds I need are in my sponsor's account. Should I just print his bank statements and letter of sponsorship or transfer the funds to my account?

Please treat as urgent. Thanks.

I can see you have done the needful. Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dolex86: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hello,

They only updated your application from 'Submitted' to 'Refused'

Nothing positive

Onaya:
I got an email about some changes on my application status an hour ago from IRCC , even though my application was refused yesterday. Who has ever experienced such a thing before? Is it a sign of anything positive?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
purespikes:

You guys are really terrible. Ain't you even ashamed of yourself? All you guys do is take and take. No giving back. This attitude stinks. So if you do not have a challenge, no one will hear about your PPR. Please shift abeg.

Pissed!

Please Purespikes, I understand how you feel, the admonition from other members has been swift and direct, the particular member has taken correction and done the needful.

Abeg, no lash am again ejor.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onaya(m): 4:00pm On Nov 30, 2021
Dolex86:
Hello,

They only updated your application from 'Submitted' to 'Refused'

Nothing positive

My application status has already been updated to refused since yesterday. Well, I'll wait to see what it is once I'm able to access my GCkey.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please i'm trying to signin to my GCkey to continue my application. Its giving me error. Pls i dont know whats happening. i want to conclude and submit my application today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.