Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856068 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Katehasty:
Hello my people sorry my whala is too much ..please which bank can lift form A in 3 days

First bank, within 2days……but make sure you go to their head office at Marina if you reside in Lagos

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hello my people,

Please im sorry for asking so many questions today. I downloaded the form 5707 family form. Ive completed filling it online but there is no way to write my name as the electronic signature. i was only only able to write date on the date column below. Unlike the form 1294e where i was able to write name as electronic signature and write date on date column. Pls has anyone filled this form recently.

Kindly reply bikonu. I need help pls asap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 7:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lianna2020:
Crayfish, pepper and all I blended it and packed it in small containers.

Na only milk i put underneath my box because of all the stories of milk not allowed.

Thank you sis
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Chiziteremary:
Hello my people,

Please im sorry for asking so many questions today. I downloaded the form 5707 family form. Ive completed filling it online but there is no way to write my name as the electronic signature. i was only only able to write date on the date column below. Unlike the form 1294e where i was able to write name as electronic signature and write date on date column. Pls has anyone filled this form recently.

Kindly reply bikonu. I need help pls asap.

The only page you can input your name electronically is the last page ( if I'm not mistaken). For the rest pages, just put the date and that's all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Teemenzo:

What does the background check entail?

Is not about the issue of background check self, that one doesn't take longer, I submitted on 25 my background check was completed on June 2 that was d day my biometric was completed too. I think the best is to wait for ur GCMS note to see clearly VO's concern.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 8:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ketima:

The only page you can input your name electronically is the last page ( if I'm not mistaken). For the rest pages, just put the date and that's all.

Ok many thanks Ketima for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 8:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
I am self sponsored, a salary earner and I still have a business account with steady balance of 10m but there are lump sums going in and out.

I also have a joint account account with my wife, the balance there is small but there are lump sums in and out.

Please will those lump sums be a problem?

Makano, Lekiboboe, Frankrobbn1 and Good people pls assist
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Masterlee13: 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Good evening my fellow Nairaland family.
I want to ask if it is impossible for an mp not to be able to get an update regarding one's application because one is applying from outside the country?

I sent messages to 3MP's and only one has replied twice with these messages below.
I will be anticipating my fellow nairaland family response.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Madeincanada: 8:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
Good evening. Please what is MUN( Memorial university) bank details. Did anyone pay the school through a Nigerian bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lilylurv(f): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
peruxie:

It doesn’t open

Insert

chat'dot'whatsapp'dot'com

Note: dot = .

After the first two backslash
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Masterlee13:
Good evening my fellow Nairaland family.
I want to ask if it is impossible for an mp not to be able to get an update regarding one's application because one is applying from outside the country?

I sent messages to 3MP's and only one has replied twice with these messages below.
I will be anticipating my fellow nairaland family response.

Yes only few helps to inquire from IRCC about applicants application status when you write to them for help from outside their riding (constituents). Some, even when you're in Canada but not in their constituents, they will tell you that they can't interfer as is not within their riding.

Nevertheless, we have good ones who go extra miles to get updates from IRCC on the applicants behalf and later share with applicants as we have witnessed here.

But If you're already residing within their constituents and write to them for help, sharperly, they will help your.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
You can package them in ziplock bags as they are transparent (for check by the officers) and light (to save some kg)
Tinakem:

Pls sis, all those cray fish iru etc, did u wrap them with news paper. Did u put them in a separate bag too. Someone told me I should put them inside my cloth or else the will remove. Pls how did u pack them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 9:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hello nairaland

How do you mean lump sum going in and out?

I think you are misunderstanding what a lump sum is, lemme break it down to you, a lump sum is a huge and unusual or unfamiliar amount paid all at once in a bank account.. For example, if an account has 100k as the highest credit amount coming in daily for months and all of a sudden an amount of 2 million drops in the account, that 2 Million is a lump sum. Why, cos the account isn't familiar with an amount of 2 Million.. Now the Visa Officer while seeing this will know that such an amount is borrowed and it won't be available for the applicant. That is why they always have issues with Lump-sum.

So for a business account, I do not think there is anything like Lump-sum coming in and out.. A Business account should have regular inflow and outflow of different "hooge" amount of money depending on the kinda business transaction the business is involved in..

Now to answer your question, if you feel there is a lump sum in your account, as a businessman, you can state in your SOP that the amount was paid by your business partner or your Customer/Client for the goods or services they bought from your business e.t.c, you can back it up with a copy of your Business invoice showing the transaction..

Bottom line, if you can convincingly explain to the Visa Officer, the reason for the lump sum, then you are good to go..

Peace

nairaland1981:
I am self sponsored, a salary earner and I still have a business account with steady balance of 10m but there are lump sums going in and out.

I also have a joint account account with my wife, the balance there is small but there are lump sums in and out.

Please will those lump sums be a problem?

Makano, Lekiboboe, Frankrobbn1 and Good people pls assist

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
Are you very sure about milk, because on the CBSA site milk is not allowed

Lianna2020:
I don’t know if there’s an comprehensive list but I took all of these

Dried meat
Dried turkey

Powdered milk sachet
Milo

Dry pepper
Cameron pepper
Turning stick
Egusi
Ogbonno
Dry bitter leave
Dry Afang
Dry iru
Dry fish
Salt and maggi ( say 2 salt and 6 maggi salt can be heavy
Garri
Semo
Poundo
Crayfish
Beans
Rice
Spaghetti
Beans
Palm oil in Eva water container
Little veg oil
Sachet tin tomato
Suya pepper
Pepper soup spice
Noodles
Moinmoin leave
Curry thyme
Spices
Few Soap and cream
Ori
Coconut oil
Oral solution
Manual blender
Sugar

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
Update on vaccination
I just recently finished a meeting with the International Student Service of my school and I asked about the new vaccination update: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/11/government-of-canada-announces-adjustments-to-canadas-border-measures.html

They informed me that the November 30 requirement for full vaccination is actually for those already in Canada, and not those about to enter. The date for which unvaccinated foreign nationals won't be allowed to enter Canada is January 15th 2022.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2021
Milk is not allowed! What the poster did was illegal. If they were to be caught, it won't auger well for them. It is advisable that for future's sake, abide by all the laws. You don't want to have a dent of disobedience in your history because of milk, ordinary milk!
Kema22:
Are you very sure about milk, because on the CBSA site milk is not allowed

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nigeria just got added to the banned countries from entering canada. Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 9:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Omo!! angry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nairaland1981: 9:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
makano:
Hello nairaland

How do you mean lump sum going in and out?

I think you are misunderstanding what a lump sum is, lemme break it down to you, a lump sum is a huge and unusual or unfamiliar amount paid all at once in a bank account.. For example, if an account has 100k as the highest credit amount coming in daily for months and all of a sudden an amount of 2 million drops in the account, that 2 Million is a lump sum. Why, cos the account isn't familiar with an amount of 2 Million.. Now the Visa Officer while seeing this will know that such an amount is borrowed and it won't be available for the applicant. That is why they always have issues with Lump-sum.

So for a business account, I do not think there is anything like Lump-sum coming in and out.. A Business account should have regular inflow and outflow of different "hooge" amount of money depending on the kinda business transaction the business is involved in..

Now to answer your question, if you feel there is a lump sum in your account, as a businessman, you can state in your SOP that the amount was paid by your business partner or your Customer/Client for the goods or services they bought from your business e.t.c, you can back it up with a copy of your Business invoice showing the transaction..

Bottom line, if you can convincingly explain to the Visa Officer, the reason for the lump sum, then you are good to go..

Peace

God bless you sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
Alrighttt
Thank you.
I needed to be sure.
Ikechi12:
Milk is not allowed! What the poster did was illegal. If they were to be caught, it won't auger well for them. It is advisable that for future's sake, abide by all the laws. You don't want to have a dent of disobedience in your history because of milk, ordinary milk!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGbemisola:

My dear. I got a call from my family ( mum in particular) this evening that they have added Nigeria to the list. It was read in the news this morning (CA time). Please is this news of being added verified from those who are already over there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 9:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Saw it too
Canada adds 3 countries to Omicron travel ban , more details : https://www.break.ma/news/38743595
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ketima:

My dear. I got a call from my family ( mum in particular) this evening that they have added Nigeria to the list. It was read in this news this morning (CA time). Please is this news of being added verified from those who are already over there?

Omo don’t even know where to start from. Was supposed to leave next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ketima:

My dear. I got a call from my family ( mum in particular) this evening that they have added Nigeria to the list. It was read in the news this morning (CA time). Please is this news of being added verified from those who are already over there?

I think it’s legit. For the fact that their first few cases from Nigeria.
Me I’m going to book my flight from Ghana asap
Before things get out of hand.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by larryrichie: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sorry about that boss.... No request for medical also ??

In my own case, eligibility no start at all, dem just slam me breakfast make i chop.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chimax1(m): 9:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ketima:

official source said TO BAN. We have not been added yet, but it’s most likely
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shokoloko(f): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
childgodlyyy:

I think it’s legit. For the fact that their first few cases from Nigeria.
Me I’m going to book my flight from Ghana asap
Before things get out of hand.
Except you plan to stay in Ghana for 14 days before your flight date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
larryrichie:
Sorry about that boss.... No request for medical also ??

In my own case, eligibility no start at all, dem just slam me breakfast make i chop.

Thanks chairman
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Residentourist: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
Here you go...sorry to coming bearing bad news but it is official

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
Madeincanada:
Have you registered for your semester courses? You may not get an enrollment letter unless you did. You should email your school for enquiries.

Registration is starting 7th of December
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 10:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
Ikechi12:
You can package them in ziplock bags as they are transparent (for check by the officers) and light (to save some kg)

Alright thank you. Sebi dey don ban Nigerians now, everything don come down jare

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.