Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (856254 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2021
Jxool:
Bro the two statement of account try to merge it and attach it to where you suppose to attach the statement of account.

Under client information any additional documents you want to attach merge everything and attach it there.

Jxcool,

Many thanks for your response. I appreciate. Pls can i private chat u if u dont mind. I dont really know how to merge. For the letter of acceptance, is that the only document i should attach there??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maypearl: 7:51am On Dec 01, 2021
Chiziteremary:
Good morning my people,

Pls im in the process of uploading forms on the IRCC site. Pls under letter of acceptance is it only the letter of acceptance that should be uploaded there pls reply. I have so many documents. Im wondering where to upload them.

Secondly under the optional documents. There is an option called client information, which document should be uploaded there pls. Also i have two bank statements from my sponsor and three bank statements from myself. How do i upload all these documents bikonu.

I also have land documents and other things. Pls can someone be kind enough to respond. I am almost confused

Hello Chiziteremary,

For my letter of acceptance it was a pdf with the following
1. A table of content
2. My letter of acceptance
3. My offer of admission (that’s if the school sent you this too, it isn’t mandatory)
4. My undergraduate degree certificate
5. Undergraduate transcript
6. Nysc certificate
7. Ielts test result
8. Deposit confirmation receipt. (That’s part of the tuition fee you paid to reserve you position. That is if you were asked to pay)

For the client information part, that’s where you add you sop. Please note, attach all supporting documents mentioned in your sop to the same sop pdf. Mine consisted of the following:
1. Undergraduate graduate scholarship award letter (as proof of some of my academic achievements)
2. Letter of recommendation from the company of my most recent job (by most recent I mean a contract job I rounded up in September)
3. Copy of my 1+ Year contract with the above company (I requested the company to add it to their recommendation letter)
4. Reference letter from a previous employer
5. State house deployment letter (I was deployed to the state house for my Nysc so I felt it was significant experience enough to add)
6. My resume and portfolio (I am a graduate architect)
7. Findings supporting my reasons for choosing the university which includes a screenshot of the chat I had with one of the alumni of the school through LinkedIn, my offer admission into a similar program in a university in London, screenshot of the areas of study for both the London university and the Canadian university to show the slight difference in the two programs hence why I picked the Canadian school.
8. Pictures of family and I (For my home ties I added my family’a properties to my proof of means of financial support because there was no space to add it to my sop, and I mentioned this in my letter)
9. Support letter from my mother releasing me for study (I act as the caretaker of my late father’s properties which is in her possession)
10. Letter of commendation (not recommendation like the earlier one) from the last company I worked for under contract.

Please note, I had my police character certificate but couldn’t add it to my sop cause of space. So sent it as a webform. Also I started my sop with a little intro and then a table of content.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Sorry had to modify. Forgot to answer the bank statement part. For all documents you will submit in each category, by category I mean, letter of acceptance, proof of means of financial support, and client information, merge documents in each category into one single pdf file. You could do this using ilovepdf.com.

Please try and upload as many documents as suggested in your proof of means of financial support.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 7:52am On Dec 01, 2021
You can WhatsApp me on +27793864158

Chiziteremary:

Jxcool,

Many thanks for your response. I appreciate. Pls can i private chat u if u dont mind. I dont really know how to merge. For the letter of acceptance, is that the only document i should attach there??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ikechi12(m): 7:53am On Dec 01, 2021
1. Under letter of acceptance, upload only letter of acceptance.
2. In optional documents, upload your letter of explanation and merge it with your supporting documents into a single pdf.
Merge all your bank statements into a single pdf and upload it in your proof of funds.
You can merge pdfs online (in these websites -smallpdf,adobe website, etc) or offline (using these computer softwares - pdf24, advanced pdf utility)

Chiziteremary:
Good morning my people,

Pls im in the process of uploading forms on the IRCC site. Pls under letter of acceptance is it only the letter of acceptance that should be uploaded there pls reply. I have so many documents. Im wondering where to upload them.

Secondly under the optional documents. There is an option called client information, which document should be uploaded there pls. Also i have two bank statements from my sponsor and three bank statements from myself. How do i upload all these documents bikonu.

I also have land documents and other things. Pls can someone be kind enough to respond. I am almost confused

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agape123: 8:03am On Dec 01, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chiziteremary: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2021
Thank u so much Ikechi12. Jxcool a,d Maypearl for your responses. Let me swing into action.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Katehasty: 8:05am On Dec 01, 2021
PatrickOkunima:
After 69 days, my GCMS notes just arrived.

If you were in my shoes, how will you tackle this?

Your inputs will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

cc:

makano
Frankrobbn1
Where did you order from ..which third party did you use
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 8:06am On Dec 01, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 8:08am On Dec 01, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Thanks in anticipation.

cc:

makano
Frankrobbn1
Hello bro, how would you want people to help you address the concerns of the VO and still hide out the total balance in your account

Anyways, did you pay tuition deposit? At least first semester?
If you get money, pay full first year tuition, or all your school fees.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by okeyisyma: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2021
Guys what do you think about canada ban to UAR?

dammy135(m), GodwinBC, Kidsister13, Farfetched1, Carebeyondcure, Jojocrawch, Nurse9090, Ketchlife1, Teeprecious, dharmiiee, Sammychi90, Nonsoooooo, hesjay(m), femmmmi94, AyomiAfo, Opsycal, Agape123, Calebbold, buchito1(m), GlamMrsO, CuteCandy90, Kenon1, okeyisyma, Oluwashindaara, Tinakem(f), dollymon
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iamajala: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2021
SCAM ALERT!!! Olu Micheal of Forbes Global Project, is a renowned Criminal, Fraudster and a Scammer disguising as a travel agent, he collects money from people, use it to produce yoruba movies, and promise to pay back by giving you a fake cheque. This is his number 08038877721

https://www.nairaland.com/6875452/scammer-olu-micheal-forbes-global

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by FiverrTutor(m): 8:35am On Dec 01, 2021
Nigerians have been banned from entering Canada from today 1/12/2021 due to the Omicron virus!! So for those intending to come for studies, you have to hold on for now. Sorry for all the money and time invested!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 8:40am On Dec 01, 2021
My people that are resuming together on Jan 5th, please what steps are u taking abeg concerning this ban
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GlamMrsO: 8:48am On Dec 01, 2021
Hello everyone!

I need your guide on how to go about studies in canada

Here is a little background,
I'm a stay at home mom of two,
studied computer science,
finished with a 4.46 gpa in 2014,
once had admission with humber back in 2016 but didn't go through with it

I want to go the education route to relocate myself and family to canada but the focus is on myself and 9months baby first

How do you suggest i do it pls.

lekiboboe maypearl frankrobbn1 luckymama boluwatife makano ketima aijay lianna20 anon123 and everyone pls

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bobomaigida: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2021
Hi All,

I want to advise and suggest to members who are supposed to resume their studies in January 2022, please do not sit down and twiddle your thumbs over this travel ban on Nigerians, as it is now the ban is in place till Jan 31st 2022, according to the Canadian govt.( It might be removed or extended by then) you have to do something, it will cost you time and money but at least you would have taken your destiny in your hands.

1. Reach to your school to know if online classes are available so you can join if you want to do online classes, bear in mind the time difference and data cost.
2. If you can afford it, travel to any neighbouring country and chill for 14 days and leave from there to Canada, by doing this you would have by passed the condition of the ban. Doing this will mean you would be paying for covid test at departure and arrival and incurring hotel cost at any of the country you go to.

Please weigh these options and decide to act on one, lets not just be praying and not acting.

All the best

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 8:56am On Dec 01, 2021
Thank you so much for the heads up. Have said it before going through the neighboring country will be sure thing.

Thanks

Bobomaigida:
Hi All,

I want to advise and suggest to members who are supposed to resume their studies in January 2022, please do not sit down and twiddle your thumbs over this travel ban on Nigerians, as it is now the ban is in place till Jan 31st 2022, according to the Canadian govt.( It might be removed or extended by then) you have to do something, it will cost you time and money but at least you would have taken your destiny in your hands.

1. Reach to your school to know if online classes are available so you can join if you want to do online classes, bear in mind the time difference and data cost.
2. If you can afford it, travel to any neighbouring country and chill for 14 days and leave from there to Canada, by doing this you would have by passed the condition of the ban. Doing this will mean you would be paying for covid test at departure and arrival and incurring hotel cost at any of the country you go to.

Please weigh these options and decide to act on one, lets not just be praying and not acting.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by childgodlyyy: 9:03am On Dec 01, 2021
Jxool:
Thank you so much for the heads up. Have said it before going through the neighboring country will be sure thing.

Thanks

Please suggest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2021
buchito1:
Hello bro, how would you want people to help you address the concerns of the VO and still hide out the total balance in your account

I did not hide it, they did.

But just so you know, the fund in the account as at when I applied covers the tuition for 1 year (It's a year's program) and cost of living. After which, less than CAD1,000 will be left with my sponsor.

I have reapplied. In my second application, I paid full tuition and deposited living expenses for the entire study duration in a GIC account with CIBC.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:13am On Dec 01, 2021
Katehasty:

Where did you order from ..which third party did you use
thegcmsonline.com

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jojorito007: 9:15am On Dec 01, 2021
okeyisyma:
Guys what do you think about canada ban to UAR?

dammy135(m), GodwinBC, Kidsister13, Farfetched1, Carebeyondcure, Jojocrawch, Nurse9090, Ketchlife1, Teeprecious, dharmiiee, Sammychi90, Nonsoooooo, hesjay(m), femmmmi94, AyomiAfo, Opsycal, Agape123, Calebbold, buchito1(m), GlamMrsO, CuteCandy90, Kenon1, okeyisyma, Oluwashindaara, Tinakem(f), dollymon

I’m scheduled to fly tomorrow through klm but with this ban on Nigeria ‘ the only alternative is to go from Ghana but I will have to be there for @least 14 days before I’ll be qualified to travel to Canada. I think I am really considering this option. The downside is that no one knows what will happen in next 14days to Ghana also .

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2021
Well for me life is all about risk because even our life we don’t know what we happen in the next hour. If it worth taking the risk don’t think twice just do it and forget what will happen in the next 14days. All I can say is think positive and something positive will happen.

Jojorito007:

I’m scheduled to fly tomorrow through klm but with this ban on Nigeria ‘ the only alternative is to go from Ghana but I will have to be there for @least 14 days before I’ll be qualified to travel to Canada. I think I am really considering this option. The downside is that no one knows what will happen in next 14days to Ghana also .

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2021
You need to un-blur their Approximate fund of concern to get help. That’s not a personal detail Na.

PatrickOkunima:

Thanks in anticipation.

cc:

makano
Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2021
grin
Exactly my concern…

buchito1:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2021
Oh My Bad. Thought you did.
Anyway, Issue highlighted already.

If your sponsor will have just 1K Cad after removing all what you need, THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

You’ve done the right thing now, paying full tuition and GIC.

Success …

PatrickOkunima:

I did not hide it, they did.

But just so you know, the fund in the account as at when I applied covers the tuition for 1 year (It's a year's program) and cost of living. After which, less than CAD1,000 will be left with my sponsor.

I have reapplied. In my second application, I paid full tuition and deposited living expenses for the entire study duration in a GIC account with CIBC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chisolove3: 9:30am On Dec 01, 2021
Please even if one must use a neighbouring country for departure ,can flight be changed to that neighbouring country or we just cancel and wait for refund?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2021
Chisolove3:
Please even if one must use a neighbouring country for departure ,can flight be changed to that neighbouring country or we just cancel and wait for refund?

Am sure you can change to the country but you might pay extra cash
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 9:39am On Dec 01, 2021
Bobomaigida:
Hi All,

All the best

I have booked flight already and paid with Ethiopia airlines, pls how can l change my flight to neighboring country.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Aijay26: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2021
Please who wants to leave from Cotonou but will be traveling around 29th ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SwayB(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2021
SwayB:
Since Nigeria has been banned, does that mean IRCC will stop processing applications from Nigerians until it’s lifted?
Does anyone have an idea/answer to this question?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2021
Omo this ban is something else. Was waiting to give landing gist but I don’t know if it will work any more.

Left nigeria on BA last night, got to heathrow and heard the news. I don’t know if Canada border control will let us through, due to land Toronto by 2pm their time.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by owee: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2021
hoodboy:
Omo this ban is something else. Was waiting to give landing gist but I don’t know if it will work any more.

Left nigeria on BA last night, got to heathrow and heard the news. I don’t know if Canada border control will let us through, due to land Toronto by 2pm their time.

All the best at the POE. You never know what might happen. Let’s know how things go with you. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2021
Tinakem:

Abeg can u help with the no of Ethiopia airlines, sebi u are going with them. Let me call them pls
u cant rebook online ooo.u have to go to their office

(1) (2) (3) ... (635) (636) (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.