Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (860546 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Katehasty:
Please who has use Gtb to pay school fee and how long does it take with them ..tho I use the new online e-form A

Gtb is not ideal....To pay tuition fee, either you go to a smaller bank with less customers like Sterling, access,zenith or you go direct to the head office of a big bank

I used Gtb it took over a week to process ,I had to resign from work to follow up, only if I knew better... The funny thing is I had to go to the bank after a week and was asked to sit for over 2hours so they could call their head office.. I was there when I was informed it has just been sent

IMAGINE.... Getting the telex was another issue had to go back two days after and shout, waited there till the telex was sent to me via mail..

In conclusion, use a smaller bank or go to the head office to avoid plenty stress

Got a job with a higher pay less than a month later after resigning....

Just in case you might wanna know

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Okuanata110621: 12:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Obiinna(m): 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2021
hello �
I sent you an email. Please can you check? I’m also going to Sheridan as well �

Amazeballz:
Hello,
Who is attending Sheridan college for a PGD in January 2022 and wants to connect: Please contact me Through email: amazingebubechicarl@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2021
My program won't start until fall 2022, but I need answers to these crucial questions:

IRCC expects students to have at least CAN$10,000 CAN for their living expenses for a year. Is that the same funds that they want us to demonstrate when we get to the border with the Canada Border Services Agent? Or are we expected to have additional funds other than that?

Peradventure, we need to show some money at the border. Should it be just a statement of account, or should we carry cash with us?

IRCC has approved my application for a study permit, and I want to apply for SOWP and visit for my spouse and child, respectively. In the proof of fund for their applications, how much do they expect to have in their account? My spouse will jointly apply with my child. IRCC said CAN$4,000 for the first family member and CAN$3,000 for an additional accompanying family member. Is that all they need to show?

Your contribution will be very much appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Extremely compulsory. You won't be allowed to fly without it. Ghanaians aren't playing.

Kema22:
Do I need to take a covid test in nigeria before coming to Ghana?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Enick:
Attached are the only options provided by the school for payment.

I used Western union bank solution...heard it was a cheaper option.. Got extra charges less than 30k naira
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bandely(m): 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
Please who has the Mexico group chat link?

Kindly link me up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Obiinna(m): 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hi guys!

I’m an international student who’s attending Sheridan College.

Is there anyone starting this winter semester in Sheridan college this coming janaury that wants to connect?

Please feel free to email me: obinnaukah@gmail.com.

It’s been hard finding anyone going there on this site �

Thanks so much �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2021
mrprolifik:
Regarding study gap it is advisable to contact the school you intend to apply to about it before submitting your application.
I know for sure that not all schools have a problem with study gap.

e author=Hibiscuslady post=108272666]Hello all,

Please I need your help. I have been reading the thread for about 4days now and I have a peculiar issue which I haven't seen anyone discussed.

I want to go to get study visa to canada with a view of migrating. I have a MBA already and will be choosing another degree.

I'm seeing something like study gap? Does it mean the university is not likely to accept my application because I had my MBA in 2007 and BSC in 2000. I have always been working so I have work experience.

I am confused? Will the study gap.of 2 years affect my application.

Thanks .

If you had check well enough you would also see people with over 5years study gap getter visa approvals.

What you should be worried about now isn't the study gap since you have got years of experience to back them up.. I think your concerns should be more
The kind of program you wanna take?? Having an MBA kindof reduces your options to a PHD program and ds program must be similar to your work experience if not it would be more difficult to convince the VO in getting an approval. Choose a program that would show career progression and answer the questions of WHY Now are u going for such program?? And the positive impact of the knowledge to u as a person and your community...

You should be fine afterwards... Till we all win

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
philips3:
Good evening everyone, I'm sponsoring my wife for her master's degree at a university in Canada but I'm working outside Nigeria. Please how we address ties to home country in LoE. I need your advice please.

She can use a business, landed properties, children in Nigeria, community responsibilities (if she holds a post in church or an association), letter of study leave from her employer, taxes,pension, personal cars, aged parents and siblings if she has younger ones, affidavit of return from court etc

I hope this help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
Please Do you know any acceptable lab I can take it in?
Henriie:
Extremely compulsory. You won't be allowed to fly without it. Ghanaians aren't playing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bandely(m): 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by VonVictor: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good day house,

My medicals was updated to pass last week and my eligibility started this afternoon. Does this mean my chances are high of getting ppr.

If yes how long does it take on average between eligibility starting and getting ppr

September 27th and 2nd time applicant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Okuanata110621: 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nomsy33(f): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
It's PPR!!!!!!!!

My joy knows no bounds. The good lord has indeed seen it fit to use Mr. Frankrobbn1's efficient work ethics to grant me the best possible outcome I could have ever envisaged. He helped me prepared an airtight study permit application. He guided me through the process, and answered every question I asked, even the seemingly unintelligent ones. He packaged an application that was meticulously detailed before the final submission, and in the end, my study permit application was approved with no issues. I so much admire the fact that there is transparency when working with Mr. Frank because you will have access to your application and documents. I am truly grateful for all his help and support given the speed and positive feedback I got at my first application. 

I also wish to thank @Lekiboboe, the angel in human form who I met on this very platform. He personally assisted me to secure my admission at Conestoga College for a PGC in Human Resources Management (HRM). He was sincere at the very beginning after the admission came in that he doesn't prepare visa applications for people, so he strongly recommended that I should retain the services of Mr. Frankrobbn1 of fandrglobal.com considering that he is knowledgeable and well grounded in the Canadian immigration procedures. I can't thank you enough for your kind gesture.

I am exhilarated for this great news and wish to share my joy with everyone.

Below are the details of my application:

Submission date; July 13, 2021

Medical Request; July 14, 2021

BVL and PPR; December 1, 2021

Here are the documents I submitted with my application. 

IRCC FORMS 

1. Barcode Page
2. Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1294E),
3. Family Information form (IMM5645E)
4. Temporary Resident form (IMM5257B)

My personal documents

1. Letter of Acceptance from Conestoga College - PGC in Human Resources Management
2. Tuition deposit (from Conestoga college) 
3. Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate,
4. Copy of Police Character Certificate
5. Copy of West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate (WAEC),
6. Copy of my International Passport Bio data page,
7. Copy of my family picture (parents, siblings and I)
8. Statement of Purpose.
9. NYSC discharge certificate
10. Professional Certifications
11. Degree certificate
12. Transcripts
13. Landed property documents in Nigeria.
14. 1 copy of Passport Photograph. 
15. Pictures with my fiancée 
16. Valid ID of fiancée 

Employment/financial documents

1. Letter of Introduction from my employer 
2. Study leave approval letter.
3. Six (6) months Statement of Account (Personal/salary Account).
4. Promotion letter
5. Work ID card
6. Resume.

I'm praying that everyone on this platform will receive a positive consideration on their application. 

All the best everyone!

46 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bandely(m): 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2021
Okuanata110621:
Please have you been added?

No I haven't.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 1:43pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nomsy33:
It's PPR!!!!!!!!

My joy knows no bounds. The good lord has indeed seen it fit to use Mr. Frankrobbn1's efficient work ethics to grant me the best possible outcome I could have ever envisaged. He helped me prepared an airtight study permit application. He guided me through the process, and answered every question I asked, even the seemingly unintelligent ones. He packaged an application that was meticulously detailed before the final submission, and in the end, my study permit application was approved with no issues. I so much admire the fact that there is transparency when working with Mr. Frank because you will have access to your application and documents. I am truly grateful for all his help and support given the speed and positive feedback I got at my first application. 

I also wish to thank @Lekiboboe, the angel in human form who I met on this very platform. He personally assisted me to secure my admission at Conestoga College for a PGC in Human Resources Management (HRM). He was sincere at the very beginning after the admission came in that he doesn't prepare visa applications for people, so he strongly recommended that I should retain the services of Mr. Frankrobbn1 of fandrglobal.com considering that he is knowledgeable and well grounded in the Canadian immigration procedures. I can't thank you enough for your kind gesture.

IRCC FORMS 

1. Barcode Page

My personal documents

1. Letter of Acceptance from Conestoga College - PGC in Human Resources Management
8. Statement of Purpose.
11. Degree certificate
12. Transcripts
16. Valid ID of fiancée 

4. Promotion letter
5. Work ID card
6. Resume.

I'm praying that everyone on this platform will receive a positive consideration on their application. 

All the best everyone!

Congratulations
I celebrate with you
I'm also coming to share mine soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bunmijab: 1:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
VonVictor:
Good day house,

My medicals was updated to pass last week and my eligibility started this afternoon. Does this mean my chances are high of getting ppr.

If yes how long does it take on average between eligibility starting and getting ppr

Congratulations in advance
Just cool down this month we'll rejoice with you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by diify: 1:47pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hello,please anyone going to the university of Regina spring /summer 2022?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2021
Okuanata110621:
Please someone should respond

I do not know why whatsapp groups are being created for the same sole purpose this thread was created..

I do not know of any group but somebody that does will reply you.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2021
nairagrounds:
My program won't start until fall 2022, but I need answers to these crucial questions:

IRCC expects students to have at least CAN$10,000 CAN for their living expenses for a year. Is that the same funds that they want us to demonstrate when we get to the border with the Canada Border Services Agent? Or are we expected to have additional funds other than that?

Peradventure, we need to show some money at the border. Should it be just a statement of account, or should we carry cash with us?

IRCC has approved my application for a study permit, and I want to apply for SOWP and visit for my spouse and child, respectively. In the proof of fund for their applications, how much do they expect to have in their account? My spouse will jointly apply with my child. IRCC said CAN$4,000 for the first family member and CAN$3,000 for an additional accompanying family member. Is that all they need to show?

Your contribution will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

You might have to visit the SOWP thread for the bolded but my question is, have you been issued a STUDY PERMIT, ENROLLMENT LETTER AND A WORK PERMIT. These are also requirements for SOWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2021
VonVictor:
Good day house,

The answer to the bolded is NO. Rather, it means your application is at its final bus stop, therefore your chances for PPR is 50/50.

In simple terms, its time you prayed more.

For the second question, theres no specific timeline before a decision is made. There are people here and others i know that their apps have been on eligibility review since November.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CraigXplore: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hello guys,

Please I applied through an agent in July but I’ve not gotten a response till now. Please is it okay to send emails via a different email (including application number and UCI number) from the email used to apply as I don’t have access to the email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hello Victor

The bolded has been asked multiple times on this thread and the answer is always there is no specific timeline for anything related to Canada study permit application or any kinda Canadian Visa process.

Even the approved processing time on the IRCC website isn't strictly adhered to..

With my observation and experience as regards the Canada study permit application process, the timeline for each application depends on the application(documents submitted e.t.c) itself and also the Visa officers attending to the applications... What will take 12 months for Applicant A to get a final decision can take 1 month for Applicant B to get the same final decision...

So asking for the Timeline for each stage of the application process is not really a necessary question to ask..

Peace
VonVictor:
Good day house,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Diamondakins: 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
When are you going to ghana
Kema22:
Please Do you know any acceptable lab I can take it in?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kema22: 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
On Friday
Diamondakins:
When are you going to ghana
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hello Craig

Do you really know the status of your application before you decide you wanna start sending mails, what if you have already gotten a final decision and your agent refuse to disclose it to you..

We all know these agents hide alot of information from the applicants that use them for their study permit application..

For instance like 3 months ago, an applicant contacted me to know what he can do as regards his delayed application that has been on since November 2020, because of my experience with applicants, I immediately asked him if he used an agent or not, when he said he used an agent, I advised he ordered for his GCMS notes to know the exact reason for his delayed case..

When his GCMS notes arrived after a month, he sent it to me and I discovered he has already gotten a final decision for his application 2 months back, and the final decision was a refusal and the almighty 5 year BAN...

Now the his agent didn't disclose this to him and I am sure he does not have the paln to do so.. Now this applicant was left in the dark by his agent simply cos he doesn't have any access to his application... Now imagine him sending 5 daily mails to IRCC on an application that has already been concluded....

So tell your agent to give you access to your IRCC account so you can see and know the true picture of your application befoe taking any step, it is your account and you have paid for the service of this agent, so you have every right to have access to your account and know the true state of your application, so it will guide you on the next step to take as regards your application...

Peace
CraigXplore:
Hello guys,

Please I [b]applied through an agent in July [/b]but I’ve not gotten a response till now. Please is it okay to send emails via a different email (including application number and UCI number) from the email used to apply as I don’t have access to the email. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
Thank you for the response. I have posted the question on the SOWP thread. I may have to wait till I get to Canada before they start the application.

Anon123:

You might have to visit the SOWP thread for the bolded but my question is, have you been issued a STUDY PERMIT, ENROLLMENT LETTER AND A WORK PERMIT. These are also requirements for SOWP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CraigXplore: 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2021
Thanks Makano, I have access to the application. I have collected the login details. Also when I raised a webform the agent forwarded the response about them answering Afghanistan applications, I guess that’s a generic/auto response.
makano:
Hello Craig

Do you really know the status of your application before you decide you wanna start sending mails, what if you have already gotten a final decision and your agent refuse to disclose it to you..

We all know these agents hide alot of information from the applicants that use them for their study permit application..

For instance like 3 months ago, an applicant contacted me to know what he can do as regards his delayed application that has been on since November 2020, because of my experience with applicants, I immediately asked him if he used an agent or not, when he said he used an agent, I advised he ordered for his GCMS notes to know the exact reason for his delayed case..

When his GCMS notes arrived after a month, he sent it to me and I discovered he has already gotten a final decision for his application 2 months back, and the final decision was a refusal and the almighty 5 year BAN...

Now the his agent didn't disclose this to him and I am sure he does not have the paln to do so.. Now this applicant was left in the dark by his agent simply cos he doesn't have any access to his application... Now imagine him sending 5 daily mails to IRCC on an application that has already been concluded....

So tell your agent to give you access to your IRCC account so you can see and know the true picture of your application befoe taking any step, it is your account and you have paid for the service of this agent, so you have every right to have access to your account and know the true state of your application, so it will guide you on the next step to take as regards your application...

Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feistymikey(m): 3:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
Big congratulations to you

Nomsy33:
It's PPR!!!!!!!!

IRCC FORMS 

1. Barcode Page

My personal documents

8. Statement of Purpose.
11. Degree certificate
12. Transcripts
16. Valid ID of fiancée 

4. Promotion letter
5. Work ID card
6. Resume.

All the best everyone!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2021
Okay, good to know you have access to your account.. The Afghan thing was then, and I believe its never a reason again..

Find below the emails addresses of the concerned Offices and also the Webform for Nairobi office..

Send at least 5 mails everyday to this Offices, do not copy any office when sending the mail, send individually to each Office... Let them know that your application is far delayed and your resumption time is in few weeks time(January 2022) and you need final decision from them so you can prepare yourself adequately for your resumption date.

NAIROBI WEBFORM
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi

NAIROBI

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

LONDON

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

CraigXplore:
Thanks Makano, I have access to the application. I have collected the login details. Also when I raised a webform the agent forwarded the response about them answering Afghanistan applications, I guess that’s a generic/auto response.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sweetness24: 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
I read a testimony of someone who applied from nigeria with the hubby's visa and sent the permit via webform when the hubby got to canada after 2 months,so it is still possible apply with the visa,that is what I am planning to do
nairagrounds:
Thank you for the response. I have posted the question on the SOWP thread. I may have to wait till I get to Canada before they start the application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.