Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,806 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (702) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855422 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
Amen

Malone122:
omo going through your post you just de congratulate everyone good heart
The don same way you would be congratulated 2022 no Dey pass you by Amen and every other hopefuls

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 7:17am On Dec 16, 2021
Honestly , gcms note now sounds generic like what !
Osemigho:
Congrats to everyone that have received their PPR. For those that did JR, please share information about lawyers you used and costs. This will help others to make better decisions about it. It is becoming obvious more people might need to do it if IRCC won't change about their subtle discrimination of Nigerian student visa applicants. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by purespikes: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2021
Olorunjedaloraj:
It’s PPR fam!
Timeline:
Submitted my application-12th of October 2021
Medicals -11th of October 2021
Biometrics -14th of October 2021
Eligibility started -25th of November 2021
Medical Passed -20th of October 2021
PPR -15th of December 2021

Document submitted:

Statement of account
Letter of explanation
Sponsor letter
Letter from me explaining the whole fund and process
Cv
Employment letter
ID card
University certificates
University Transcripts
SOP
Professional certificate
Congratulations. So fast. Did you use GIC key or the new application portal ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Temmyturpeh: 7:44am On Dec 16, 2021
@Tinakem, pls, I would like to be added to the Whatsapp group.Here is my digit zero eight zero two five four two seven seven three four.

GRACIAS!

Tinakem:
I think the info about Ethiopia airlines not carrying Nigerians is Tru ooo, even in Cotonou now, some people went there and we're told same thing. They av discovered something which l will not like to mention on air, Reason for this bruhaha, we caused it ourselves. @Henrille
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2021
Luckymama:
Hi guys
So I was going through the SOWP timeline thread and the living in canada thread- for those of us that have families and want to use them as hometies and later apply for them. It appears sometimes this can backfire. Someone posted that his application for his family was declined. The GCMS notes stated that he lied on his student visa application that he was not travelling with his family, only for him to later apply for his family. So it may not be a sure-fire approach to use immediate family as home ties.

Not saying in absolute terms o - just wanted to put it out there as something to keep in mind and weigh the risks.

cc GlamMrsO

When you fill your immm forms, its expected you fill the correct information. If you tick you are going with your family, its expected you are to to apply with them but if you dont, you are obviously going to be denied because you are trying to mislead the vo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nathanD: 8:42am On Dec 16, 2021
[quote author=Temmyturpeh post=108541719]@Tinakem, pls, I would like to be added to the Whatsapp group.Here is my digit zero eight zero two five four two seven seven three four.

GRACIAS!

@tinakem please ejorr also add me to the group. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 8:43am On Dec 16, 2021
efizyhenchmen:
Hello Nairalanders,
Please, am a bite worried over my medical. I did upfront medical on the 19 the of November,2021, it was returned on the 24th of same month demanding for medical reports on the brain surgery I did earlier this year,which was gotten and re-submitted on the 4th of December and since then, the medical has not been updated on my GCkey account. Please, what should I do?

Thank you!

I will advice you construct a formal letter notifying the handling VO that your medicals have not been passed. You can go further to explain the result of the brain surgery and inform them you have recovered ever since with no complications afterwards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dammy135(m): 8:43am On Dec 16, 2021
This is maverlous of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Congratulation and my prayer is that the land will favour you.

Edelweiss28:
Hello, pls I sent a PM. Can you kindly allow Mt send you mails? My applicationwas refused and I need help appealing. Hope I quoted right this time because I've been struggling with nairaland
Greetings everyone,

PPR ALERT!!!
via JR in 49 days (7 WEEKS)

This is ALL ABOUT JESUS!!
He gets the Glory!!!

And to Nairaland; THANK YOU. I came in here at thread 17. Read my way through. Got all that could be got from excellent minds on this forum to pull a good application.
I hope someone gets something that can be of a good help.

So,
TIMELINE; 1ST APPLICATION
. Online submission - Jan 22 2021
. Biometrics - Jan 25
. Background check - began almost immediately
. IELTS request letter - Feb 10 2021 with deadline Mar 13
. IELTS Submitted: Mar 13
. Upfront Medical - Mar 13
. Medical updated to pass - Mar 15
. GCMS notes requested - May 3
. Refusal letter - May 27

REASONS FOR REFUSAL:
1. Personal assets and financial status. 2. Purpose of visit

. GCMS notes received - Jun 3;
When notes came in, these were my observations:
1. My 2 children ages were wrongly captured
2. That I had lump sum whereas I didn’t have any.
3. Referred to my sponsor who was my Brother In-law as ‘’Uncle’’ instead of Brother In-law. I also had my Dad as Co-sponsor.
4. There was no Senior Visa Officer's comment.
And it was during the JR process, when Rule 9 notes were requested that I got to know what the SVO's comments were. The SVO ‘‘accused me’’ of
5. not having career progression, no correlated employment history, no established relationship with my brother in-law and that even if there was a relationship, that there is ‘’no obligation’’ on him to pay for my studies!

Meanwhile, my detailed 8 paged SOP was very clear on Career progression; Mine was a career switch – from Biochemistry to Administration, With 8 years work experience cutting across Marketing, Public Administration, & currently as P.A..
My SOP was one of a story telling as I knew I had to convince the VO why the career switch.

On ‘’no obligation to pay’’; I submitted notarized gift deed, sworn affidavit of sponsorship signed by both sponsors.
I made sure I covered everywhere cover-able..yet, breakfast was served! Check out the detailed TOC attached.

So, with all the errors and wrong conclusions i saw in the GCMS notes, I was convinced that the VO was being negligent with my application. I felt I had a strong application. I decided to go for JR straight. My mind was convinced and made up!

I reached out to a Canadian law firm.
They were very professional.
And 1st things 1st; they had to re-assess my application to be sure that my application was strong enough to go for JR.
Their best hands went through it and in their own words - ''The refusal was unreasonable''. They saw that i had a good case.

A 10-paged document was prepared in my defense countering IRCC's reasons for refusal. If you see citations from previous Supreme court cases, flying around everywhere in my defense eh, omo, me ma, i was feeling good freading the whole paper work!

And yes, God's favor was all over it.

And today, 7 weeks after the application for JR/RE-determination was submitted,
It has ended in praise.

JR TIMELINE
. Submission of a 10-page document countering reasons for refusal prepared by lawyers – July 21
. Settlement offer agreed/reached – July 30
. Case open for re-determination/request for updated documents – Aug 11
. Updated documents submitted – Aug 16
. Raised web form & email informing them that I have uploaded requested docs – Aug 18
. Confirmation from IRCC that docs have been received – Aug 20
. PPR – Sep 8

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO HIM THAT BELIEVES!
WHEN GOD IS IN IT, THERE IS NO LIMIT!

I pray for everyone waiting on their PPR, YOU TOO WILL SHARE YOUR VICTORY STORY!
Amen.

And by the way, did i mention that i just turned 40..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dammy135(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2021
Congratulations

jollytravels:
Congratulations .....and may your daughter own be speedily approved too and I used your testimony to PRAY for my own to be APPROVED SOONEST TOO.........we have so many things in common....same age, AND my daughter is 5 too

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by efizyhenchmen: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2021
Anon123
Thank you for your timely response, how do no my VO? And his email to be able send him mail?

post=108543256:

I will advice you construct a formal letter notifying the handling VO that your medicals have not been passed. You can go further to explain the result of the brain surgery and inform them you have recovered ever since with no complications afterwards.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 9:07am On Dec 16, 2021
[quote author=efizyhenchmen post=108543825][/quote]

grin grin grin grin

There is no way you can know that.

You are not meant to know that.

You can only know the visa office handling your app either Lagos, kenya, London or China.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Activateoluwase: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2021
Congratulations

Olorunjedaloraj:
It’s PPR fam!
Timeline:

Document submitted:

Statement of account
Letter of explanation
Sponsor letter
Cv
Employment letter
ID card
University certificates
University Transcripts
SOP
Professional certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by efizyhenchmen: 9:34am On Dec 16, 2021
How do I go about, raise a webform or what?

quote author=Anon123 post=108543896]

grin grin grin grin

You can only know the visa office handling your app either Lagos, kenya, London or China.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onlinedoctor: 9:34am On Dec 16, 2021
Congratulations may the land favor you
Olorunjedaloraj:
It’s PPR fam!
Timeline:

Document submitted:

Statement of account
Letter of explanation
Sponsor letter
Cv
Employment letter
ID card
University certificates
University Transcripts
SOP
Professional certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 9:43am On Dec 16, 2021
efizyhenchmen:
How do I go about, raise a webform or what?

quote author=Anon123 post=108543896]

grin grin grin grin

Send a mail or webform.

The office that responds to either of the two is the office handling your application.

You said they requested for the brain surgery report. Therefore the email used to communicate with you is the office that is handling your application. Its always starts with lagos or Nairobi or LDN..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by softalliance: 9:44am On Dec 16, 2021
Jxool:
PPR ALERT GUYS !!!!!

I was so so happy guy got my ppr today.

I just want to post on here so as to motivate anyone whose still waiting for ppr or whose about to submit the application.

WHAT GOD CANT NOT DO DOES NOT EXIST. God has been wonderful to me.

Am 40years no BSC no other qualifications apart from weac result and neco. But I put everything in Gods hand before I submitted my application.

I got my admission August 8 but defer my admission to Jan 10,2022 because I couldn’t meet up to submit my application for September intake.

I finally submit September 20, 2021
Biometric September 27,2021
That’s when the waiting started
November 19,2021 I finally got medical request
Because no booking space I got booking to December 7,2021
December 11, 2021 my medical was updated to passed.
December 13,2021 I was sitting watching movie on my iPad when I got the message for Correspondent letter and Ppr

I don’t waste time I went to send my passport first before I start to send this message.

What I will say is don’t let anyone discourage you in anything you want to do in life. Try and fail it’s better than not trying at all.

When I wanted to apply people keep saying am old for diploma course at the age of 40. But I don’t get discouraged at all. I decided to gather all the documents myself.

Here are the list of documents submitted

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE/SOP
CONTRACT OF ENROLLMENT
RECEIPT FOR FEES PAID
AFFIDAVIT FOR DATE OF BIRTH
HIGH SCHOOL CERTIFICATE AND TRANSCRIPT
RESUME/CV
COMPUTER TRAINING / RECOMMENDATION LETTER
EMPLOYMENT LETTER WHERE I WAS WORKING
AFFIDAVIT OF GOOD DEEDS
REFERENCE LETTER
POLICE REPORT
TRAVEL HISTORY ON MY PASSPORT. Been to some African country and been to Dubai so I put all the stamps on my passport.
MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR MY CHILDREN
FAMILY PICTURES
LAND AGREEMENT

Cheers guys
Congrats.

Please Which college did you apply to sir??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SOPWriter: 10:51am On Dec 16, 2021
Anon123:

When you fill your immm forms, its expected you fill the correct information. If you tick you are going with your family, its expected you are to to apply with them but if you dont, you are obviously going to be denied because you are trying to mislead the vo
That applicant's experience was not orchestrated by the student's IMM 5645E or IMM 5406E. Rather, the VO was referring to his SOP/LOE. The subject must have affirmed his family's presence in Nigeria for the duration of his program. His family is his tie to Nigeria! You cannot indicate that you have a Visa Dependent when there's none. The Family Information Form, on the other hand, has to include your family details, even if they won't accompany you. Therefore, the applicant in question is acquitted of misinformation. He filled his forms correctly!

Now, should we stop using our families as ties? The answer is a CAPITAL NO! Instead, you should give an account, in your Spousal Open Work Permit LOI/SOP, for the change of plan. @LuckyMama, ask the poster to give genuine grounds for the recent development. She should not just apply for SOWP because she's qualified! She needs to justify her application!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:06am On Dec 16, 2021
Hello Teejay13

This depends on you and what you want.. If you wanna go for another second degree or a higher degree i.e PHD

There is absolutely nothing wrong in going for another second degree as we have seen quiet a few applicants getting their Study Visa with the admission of another second degree...

If you have a second degree(prolly in naija) and you wanna go for another second degree in Canada, you must have convincing reasons why you wanna go for another second degree instead of a PHD which is a higher degree... Many applicants that do not have convincing reasons for a second degree usually end up getting refused, simply cos the Visa Officer was not satisfied with the reasons the applicant gave for a second degree instead of a higher degree cos truth be told there is no Career progression in going for a degree you already have, its expected you go for a degree higher than your present degree with the exception of concrete and convincing reasons for going for the same degree you already possess...

Many applicants that do not have concrete and convincing reasons for another second degree tend to hide the second degree they already have and apply with their Bsc, and we have seen countless number of these applicants getting their Visas..

So its left to you, if you know you will be able to convince the Visa officer of another second degree, then you can go ahead..

But if you know you wont be able to convince the Visa Officer of another second degree, I will either advise you go for a higher degree which is a Phd, or you hide the fact that you already have a second degree and apply with your Bsc degree...

Peace
Teejay13:

Hello makano,

Please in such a case where one already have a second degree, would you rather advice one to go ahead and apply for PhD instead of re applying for another second degree.

Thank you as I await your kind response

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2021
The bolded is not totally correct..

There is actually a way an applicant can know the Primary and secondary office handling his or her application..

And that is through GCMS notes...

And sometimes when you send a general message to IRCC , in their response they will state that your message has been re-directed to the office handling your application and the office will be copied... But this is rare though..

But GCMS notes will def let you knw the office handling your application, so please correct that..

An applicant can know the office handling his or her aplication through GCMS notes..

Peace
Anon123:

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2021
makano:
The bolded is not totally correct..

There is actually a way an applicant can know the Primary and secondary office handling his or her application..

And that is through GCMS notes...

And sometimes when you send a general message to IRCC , in their response they will state that your message has been re-directed to the office handling your application and the office will be copied... But this is rare though..

But GCMS notes will def let you knw the office handling your application, so please correct that..

An applicant can know the office handling his or her aplication through GCMS notes..

Peace

No doubt but the applicant's question was how will he know the Visa Officer not the visa office handling his application. That was what prompted my bolded reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:23am On Dec 16, 2021
SOPWriter:

That applicant's experience was not orchestrated by the student's IMM 5645E or IMM 5406E. Rather, the VO was referring to his SOP/LOE. The subject must have affirmed his family's presence in Nigeria for the duration of his program. His family is his tie to Nigeria! You cannot indicate that you have a Visa Dependent when there's none. The Family Information Form, on the other hand, has to include your family details, even if they won't accompany you. Therefore, the applicant in question is acquitted of misinformation. He filled his forms correctly!

Now, should we stop using our families as ties? The answer is a CAPITAL NO! Instead, you should give an account, in your Spousal Open Work Permit LOI/SOP, for the change of plan. @LuckyMama, ask the poster to give genuine grounds for the recent development. She should not just apply for SOWP because she's qualified! She needs to justify her application!

Ook.. Thanks

Well understood.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teejay13(m): 11:24am On Dec 16, 2021
makano:
Hello Teejay13

This depends on you and what you want.. If you wanna go for another second degree or a higher degree i.e PHD

There is absolutely nothing wrong in going for another second degree as we have seen quiet a few applicants getting their Study Visa with the admission of another second degree...

If you have a second degree(prolly in naija) and you wanna go for another second degree in Canada, you must have convincing reasons why you wanna go for another second degree instead of a PHD which is a higher degree... Many applicants that do not have convincing reasons for a second degree usually end up getting refused, simply cos the Visa Officer was not satisfied with the reasons the applicant gave for a second degree instead of a higher degree cos truth be told there is no Career progression in going for a degree you already have, its expected you go for a degree higher than your present degree with the exception of concrete and convincing reasons for going for the same degree you already possess...

Many applicants that do not have concrete and convincing reasons for another second degree tend to hide the second degree they already have and apply with their Bsc, and we have seen countless number of these applicants getting their Visas..

So its left to you, if you know you will be able to convince the Visa officer of another second degree, then you can go ahead..

But if you know you wont be able to convince the Visa Officer of another second degree, I will either advise you go for a higher degree which is a Phd, or you hide the fact that you already have a second degree and apply with your Bsc degree...

Peace

Thank you makano,

You actually did justice to my question.
From your suggestion, I think it will rather choose to go for a higher degree since It is the field I have passion for.

However if am going for a PhD program, what's the chances of me getting a scholarship since I don't have an English language test score?

Plus which country will you advice I focus my struggle towards.

Thank you once again for your kind assist. God bless you greatly!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2021
Okay..

You cant obviously know the visa Officer in person , but you can know a Visa Officer handling your application by their code name through the GCMS notes..

Remember some months back there was a popular Visa officer we were discussing here that only specializes in refusing applications(cant remember the code name).. So you can actually know the Visa Officer by their code names...

Peace
Anon123:

No doubt but the applicant's question was how will he know the Visa Officer not the visa office handling his application. That was what prompted my bolded reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 11:42am On Dec 16, 2021
makano:
Okay..

You cant obviously know the visa Officer in person , but you can know a Visa Officer handling your application by their code name though GCMS notes..

Remember some months back there was a popular Visa officer we were discussing here that only specializes in refusing applications(cant remember the code name).. So you can actually know the Visa Officer by their code names...

Peace

Yea.. I recall.. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:49am On Dec 16, 2021
Hello Teejay

I am glad my response did Justice to your question of concern..

To the bolded, I am not too versatile with application for scholarship, as my strongest area is the actual application for the Canada study permit Visa itself.. But we have seen several PHD applicants here getting scholarship, so you can do a little research and read from the first page and go through the timelines of successful Phd applicants that applied with a scholarship, then you can contact any of them so they can put you through..

To your second question, that depends on you though, but I will advise you go for Canada because of the many FUTURE benefits of the country for International students... Australia, USA can also be considered... The choice is yours ..

Peace
Teejay13:

Thank you makano,

You actually did justice to my question.
From your suggestion, I think it will rather choose to go for a higher degree since It is the field I have passion for.

However if am going for a PhD program, what's the chances of me getting a scholarship since I don't have an English language test score?

Plus which country will you advice I focus my struggle towards.

Thank you once again for your kind assist. God bless you greatly!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 11:53am On Dec 16, 2021
Hey guys I have a quick question. My visa Expires in July, but my school starts in September. That’s next year of course. When can I travel? Is there still the mandatory 1 month travel period before school starts? Or I can travel anytime?

Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tonnymexx: 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2021
Olorunjedaloraj:
It’s PPR fam!
Timeline:

Document submitted:

Statement of account
Letter of explanation
Sponsor letter
Cv
Employment letter
ID card
University certificates
University Transcripts
SOP
Professional certificate

Congratulations
God that did your own will do my own �

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teejay13(m): 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2021
makano:
Hello Teejay

I am glad my response did Justice to your question of concern..

To the bolded, I am not too versatile with application for scholarship, as my strongest area is the actual application of the Canada study permit Visa itself.. But we have seen several PHD applicants here getting scholarship, so you can do a little research and read from the first page and go through the timelines of successful Phd applicants that applied with a scholarship, then you can contact any of them so they can put you through..

To your second question, that depends on you though, but I will advise you go for Canada because of the many FUTURE benefits of the country for International students... Australia, USA can also be considered... The choice is yours ..

Peace

Okay, thank you once again for all you do bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Joix22: 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2021
Yesooo.. not a small thing ...Sorry for the late update,Today is just somehow.. had to go and rest in my hotel room before giving update. they finally allowed them in. Ethiopian Airline headquarters sent an approval. Before the approval was given an Ethiopian consular had to come to the check in counter and made sure they speak with their contacts... the contact for one them wasn't picking oo but the guy didn't blink. He said he must speak to someone at the address she gave. Finally thanks to God her contact called back and they were allowed in. We had to make sure they took off before we left the airport.  The elderly and his daughter didn't have the patience, they went to ask for refund and told us they were going to use air Portugal to travel. Make sure your people or landlord or whatever contact number you kept picks your call.
Apparently the fact you're a Nigerian, when they scan in your passport it brings a red and green on their system. It has to be all green before you will be allowed.

Which contacts?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 1:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
Good day everyone

Please after ircc Abuja receive your passport you send how long does it take to finalize stamping the visa and send it back to vfs, and how will you know they have stamped your visa?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Jxool:
Good day everyone

Please after ircc receive your passport you send how long does it take to finalize stamping the visa and send it back to vfs, and how will you know they have stamped your visa?

Thanks

It takes a week or two max.

VFS will be updating you once it has gotten to them, when it has been sent for stamping, when its being returned to VFS and when it being sent back to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by delard1285: 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
Good day everyone

Please after ircc Abuja receive your passport you send how long does it take to finalize stamping the visa and send it back to vfs, and how will you know they have stamped your visa?

Thanks

2days/3days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.