Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (868028 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2021
I think i'll go for the upfront medical as adviced.

Thanks once again for your time boss i'm grateful.

makano:
You are welcome

Once your application has passed the processing time, then you can start sending IRCC emails..

Or better still,Immediately book an appointment for your Upfront Medicals in any of the IRCC approved clinics, i.e IOM nad Qlife, once you do your medical Examination, the clinic will submit your Medical results to IRCC, and in few days or weeks, it will be updated to Pass..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Creativeowos: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2021
Thanks to everyone that responded to my question regarding my high bp during medical screening. My next question is how do i know if my medical exam result is passed. Please someone should give me the procedure so i can be sure. It's over a week now that i did my medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Creativeowos: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2021
opomulero:

pls how much did you do the medicals?
Someone did everything on my behalf online. But when I got there i was given a receipt and it was 40,000 that was on it. Although you can pay for the medical there too but you have to book appointment online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:52am On Dec 28, 2021
Congrats Jxool

As we all know nothing is impossible with God..

Let's just say grace spoke for you..

It worked for you doesn't mean it will work for him...

Its just grace, and like you ended your post, it's all God

Peace
Jxool:
It’s a total red flag but documents submitted with the application sometimes do matter. Am 40years and I apply for diploma with well. I got approved

It’s all God

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2021
It will be updated to pass on your application status once IRCC review your medical examination.
Keep checking your application status on your Gckey portal.

Creativeowos:
Thanks to everyone that responded to my question regarding my high bp during medical screening. My next question is how do i know if my medical exam result is passed. Please someone should give me the procedure so i can be sure. It's over a week now that i did my medical.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:54am On Dec 28, 2021
Hello Creative

Your Medical status on your profile will change to "Your Medicals was passed on so so date"

And hope you have access to your profile though, if not you can't know.. Except you check through your GCMS notes.

Peace
Creativeowos:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Blurpy: 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hahahaha
I enjoyed your vlog tbh
Short and simple. Can't wait to join you soon
Blavkmaann:
Merry Christmas fam!
For the first time in my life, I did Baecation���
Less than 4 months in Canada, I don see wife, who said there is no love in Canada
Road to 1k subscribers!!

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2021
Creativeowos:

Which of the IRCC approved clinic do you get your medical exam done? Mine took 11days before it was updated to pass and that’s the exact day Qlife send me an email that my health status as been uploaded to emedical portal.

So chill and relax and you can as well send Webform with the e-medical sheet like 3times.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SandraOvie(f): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Thanks to everyone who replied me, I'm grateful for the practical advice and consolation.

I'm super grateful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Legacyedition: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
makano:
Hello Pipz

Sorry to tell you this, but this application won't fly..

A 37-year-old going for an Undergraduate Diploma is a total red flag, what's wrong with applying for a PGD or PGC?

He has a third-class doesn't mean he can't get a PGD admission in any of the good colleges In Canada.. Now you are planning on hiding his 2 undergraduate degrees in Nigeria, meaning you will have a lot of explaining to do as regards his study gaps during that period he was doing his undergraduate studies... Do not complicate things for yourself bro,I will be truthful to you,this application won't fly, It's only an agent that is just after your money that will give you this kinda advice..

This is what you will do, since you have 2 undergraduate degrees, one with a 3rd class, the other with a 2:2. You can apply for a PGD admission with the 2:2 UDD, even 3rd class graduates get PGD admission.. Having a PGD admission at his age and stage in life will fly than going for another undergraduate diploma after 2 previous Undergraduate degrees at the age of 37 years...

This is my advice, as you can choose to take it or not...

Peace

It's not within the Visa Officer's power to determine academic progression, choice of courses and level.

January 9, 2019. In the case of Adom v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), Federal court Honorable Mr. Justice Ahmed ruled that Visa Officer's should refrain from such" CAREER COUNSELING " . Text below .

" Second, I disagree with the Respondent’s argument that the decision is otherwise reasonable. Having reviewed the Applicant’s educational plan myself, it is clear that at no point does she ask for career counseling advice. Yet this Visa Officer apparently fancied the opportunity to assume the role of career counsellor and opine that the Applicant’s intended studies in Canada would not enhance her work for her brother. Such extraneous considerations make it obvious that the Visa Officer engaged in an unreasonable review of the evidence"

We've also seen people with masters getting Permit for ordinary diploma . Seems this changes started recently.

Applicant’s can quote that federal court decision to back up his/application. Pipz

Case details below

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by SandraOvie(f): 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2021
@mekano please how do I get to you?

I no Sabi search person for here.

Please message me if you can please.

cassandray2k15@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by chrysto: 1:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
Creativeowos:
Hello guys, please i did my medicals at Qlife last week and my blood pressure was high, i was really surprised because am just 27years old. Do they refuse someone because of blood pressure. Please anybody that knows the perfect answer should reply please ���

The high BP will only drop your score to “B” automatically but that won’t stop you from passing the medical if other results are ok. I sent you a mail .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by opomulero(m): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
Creativeowos:

Someone did everything on my behalf online. But when I got there i was given a receipt and it was 40,000 that was on it. Although you can pay for the medical there too but you have to book appointment online

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
mk4fna:
Good evening house,

I am new here and Please I have some questions. i applied for undergrad and class start Jan-14. i did my Biometrics - October 18, 2021, since then i haven't heard anything from IRCC. i have paid the first semester and the withdrew day for refund is 10 days before class begins. so now what should l do if i don't get my study permit before last day of withdrew for refund?

If your school and program allows it, defer your admission now to secure your sit and fund, and give you time for visa. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pipz(m): 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
makano:
Hello Pipz

Sorry to tell you this, but this application won't fly..

A 37-year-old going for an Undergraduate Diploma is a total red flag, what's wrong with applying for a PGD or PGC?

He has a third-class doesn't mean he can't get a PGD admission in any of the good colleges In Canada.. Now you are planning on hiding his 2 undergraduate degrees in Nigeria, meaning you will have a lot of explaining to do as regards his study gaps during that period he was doing his undergraduate studies... Do not complicate things for yourself bro,I will be truthful to you,this application won't fly, It's only an agent that is just after your money that will give you this kinda advice..

This is what you will do, since you have 2 undergraduate degrees, one with a 3rd class, the other with a 2:2. You can apply for a PGD admission with the 2:2 UDD, even 3rd class graduates get PGD admission.. Having a PGD admission at his age and stage in life will fly than going for another undergraduate diploma after 2 previous Undergraduate degrees at the age of 37 years...

This is my advice, as you can choose to take it or not...

Peace

Thanks much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sam796476: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sam796476: 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
cedrick:

Good day.
I did mine in October(27th,2021) with IOM. I went to their office at Ikeja and was advised to send mail to their address iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int (This was after I tried it from their website and it was giving late December 2021 available dates. The mail simple- just the your intention ( mine was study in Canada) and I attached the advice I received to go for the medical test and the scanned copy of my international passport. In the body of mail I stated my full name and my immigration application number ( although the med.advice already contained this). You will receive an auto generated response that bookings are now being done online , but within 4 working days you will get their schedule advice. see sample below
The message also shows the different amount applicable to different age brackets

Dear Applicant,

Your CANADA Medical appointment has been booked in Lagos office and confirmed as follows:

Applicant Name:

XXXXXXXXXXXXC

Date:21ST October,2021

Time: 7:00am

(Please note that the whole process will take a minimum of 6 hours)

What to bring to on your appointment day:

Original international passport and photocopy
Printed proof of payment (hardcopy)
Printed IME form (does not apply for upfront medicals)
Face Mask
Covid 19 Vaccination card (for applicants who have been vaccinated) and photocopy

*Payment should be made before reporting for medical screening, Transfer Payment is preferable and for families one bulk (transfer) payment is acceptable

Please what do you mean by you attached the advice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zubbyk(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hello SandraOvie

makanoglobalservices@gmail.com

Peace
SandraOvie:
@mekano please how do I get to you?

I no Sabi search person for here.

Please message me if you can please.

cassandray2k15@gmail.com

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Zubbyk(m): 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Anon123:

We have explained this a billion times.

Please disturb them daily with mails 3times a day everyday.

Have you done Medicals

Hello Anon 123
I also find myself in this situation and I haven't done my medical, I tried doing an upfront medical but their dates are fully booked till next year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mk4fna: 5:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Thank You for the reply. if i defer the admission do i need to update anything with the IRCC or any other extra step need to be done ?

Osemigho:

If your school and program allows it, defer your admission now to secure your sit and fund, and give you time for visa. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Richy5565(m): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hi guys. I’m new here. I have a B.sc in Economics and I want to further .. I’m working towards submitting an application for a diploma at Novo Scotia community college . Please is there anyone here presently studying there. I have some questions. Also, please can I get recommendations for any program that is business related. Gurus in the house please help. Thanks guys .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
No... high blood pressure is never ncluded in medical result to be sent to IRCC.

So just chill and relax your mind, I experienced same too..

You just have to take care of your Hbp, nothing concerns IRCC with your Hbp.

Cheers.

Creativeowos:
Hello guys, please i did my medicals at Qlife last week and my blood pressure was high, i was really surprised because am just 27years old. Do they refuse someone because of blood pressure. Please anybody that knows the perfect answer should reply please ���
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
You have to check for your gckey portal, when your medical is updated, you will see it in your portal.

Normally it takes 2weeks for IRCC to update it....so one week is early...keep checking in the upper weeks.

Cheers

Creativeowos:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jxool: 6:32pm On Dec 28, 2021
Mine took 4days to be update. I did mine at iom and it’s on medical request not upfront medical

Cloudweb:
You have to check for your gckey portal, when your medical is updated, you will see it in your portal.

Normally it takes 2weeks for IRCC to update it....so one week is early...keep checking in the upper weeks.

Cheers

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Cloudweb:

Cheers

Not true. Mine was updated on the 3rd day. IOM, upfront medical.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nathanD: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
Please guys what are the documents i need to show at the airport my flight is for Friday and also what do i need to do to get myself prepared

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Good evening house,

To those who reapplied after a refusal, how long did it take to get a decision for your second application?

I got refused on September 18 and reapplied on the 27th of October. So, yesterday makes it exactly 2 months. I have not gotten a decision from IRCC. For the record, my first application took 4 months plus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
PatrickOkunima:

Not true. Mine was updated on the 3rd day. IOM, upfront medical.

With my own observation IOM is faster in submitting medical results to IRCC than Qlife.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Viewoliver: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
I agree with you.
I did mine at IOM Abuja on the 2nd and it was updated to pass on the 6th

kennyjoy:

With my own observation IOM is faster in submitting medical results to IRCC than Qlife.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ARRIVA: 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
For proof of funds , can i use from the money after printing my account statement?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EngrEgghead: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
Creativeowos:
No. You don't get refused. My BP was high too. IRCC still sent a report that l passed the medical.

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (834)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.