Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (855374 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 1:58pm On Dec 27, 2021
Please I need help with how a letter of authorization or consent from spouse should look like
Can one raise a web form for that?
If in raising a web form, is it the primary applicant that will raise the webform? Or the secondary applicant.

To the gurus, please I need help on this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Benquip: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2021
No landing news at all? Or people haven't travelled since the restrictions got lifted?
Please post your landing news to give others ginger

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 3:06pm On Dec 27, 2021
engineerafolabi:
Hello everyone.
Please, I'm trying to apply for Canadian visa but the family form and other forms to be filled won't open on my laptop.
Please, what can I do to be able to open these documents?

Read this Post

How to download ADOBE ACROBAT DC Reader & how to fill IMM forms
https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/455#107116232

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2021
rahmeekadigz:
Hello Everyone, I just got admission to study in canada and I want to apply for visa with my husband. How do I go about the SOP...please I need guidance...thank you and compliments of the season

Read the contents in the link below as regards

SOP (STATEMENT of PURPOSE)

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/523#100849022

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 3:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
makano:
Hello opomulero

You can easily contact either IOM or Qlife for their prices..

Or any applicant who has recently done his or her medicals can helo with the prices..

Peace
@ Makano I sent u email , pls reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by opomulero(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
KellyKk:

i did not see any mail, check my signature and whatsapp me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by rahmeekadigz(f): 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2021
Thank you...
Lekiboboe:

Read the contents in the link below as regards

SOP (STATEMENT of PURPOSE)

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/523#100849022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello good day to you all and merry Christmas.

Please i need clarification on something, after doing my biometrics, it was updated to "completed" on december 3rd and since then the status of my application has been on "submitted"...no medical request yet from IRCC and my application hasn't entered the "eligibility review" stage yet and nothing else. Please is there anything wrong as to why the medical request is taking long to come getting to a month now after doing biometrics? Hope they haven't abandoned my application or is there anything i need to do to like raising a webform to remind them about the medicals or should i just keep on waiting till whenever they request for it? Also i'm meant to resume school by january 11th hence the concern.
The gurus in the house @makano, @lekiboboe, @anon, @ketima and others please kindly help put me through cos i'm still new in the process.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jtom301: 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello House,

Please what Is the exchange rate for Naira to CAD in Nigerian banks?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello Kellykk

I have replied you..

Peace
KellyKk:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 5:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
Jtom301:
Hello House,

Please what Is the exchange rate for Naira to CAD in Nigerian banks?

Thanks
410/$

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:52pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello themankelechi

First, not getting a medical request from IRCC a month after submitting your application is not strange, some get their requests months after submitting, that is why most applicants prefer doing an upfront medical because of the delay of Medical request.. When an applicant does Upfront Medical and the result is submitted to IRCC by the clinic or the applicant, once its time for a medical request from IRCC, instead of sending a request, they work on the results of the upfront Medicals with them and Pass the Medicals..

You didn't mention the date you applied, with what I can see from your post, it's obvious your application has not passed the processing time..

Like I always advice, you can only start disturbing IRCC if your application has passed the processing time stated on the IRCC website when you submitted your Visa application..

If your application has not passed the processing time , you will need to be patient for this response , and if you didn't still get any response from them and your application has passed the processing time, then you can start sending them mails and webform...

Peace
themankelechi:
Hello good day to you all and merry Christmas.

Please i need clarification on something, after doing my biometrics, it was updated to "completed" on december 3rd and since then the status of my application has been on "submitted"...no medical request yet from IRCC and my application hasn't entered the "eligibility review" stage yet and nothing else. Please is there anything wrong as to why the medical request is taking long to come getting to a month now after doing biometrics? Hope they haven't abandoned my application or is there anything i need to do to like raising a webform to remind them about the medicals or should i just keep on waiting till whenever they request for it? Also i'm meant to resume school by january 11th hence the concern.
The gurus in the house @makano, @lekiboboe, @anon, @ketima and others please kindly help put me through cos i'm still new in the process.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello opomulero

You can't see an email that wasn't sent to you..

Peace
opomulero:

i did not see any mail, check my signature and whatsapp me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2021
Please how many hours should one do covid 19 test before flight
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AbiolaSYA: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
Good evening house. Please I have a few questions to ask.
1- If I’m being sponsored and my sponsor puts the funds in my account. Do I still need to submit my sponsor’s SOA?

2- Do I need to wait for the funds to sit in my account for 4 months before printing my SOA to use for application? Or I can print after and attach a Letter of explanation.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by daks02: 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
Iffylove:
Thank you.
The test must be taken 72 hours before flight right?

Sorry just seeing this. Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 6:22pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello!

Please, those used to Lagos very well, what's the distance between ojota to lekki VAC?

Am doing my biometrics on wednesday, i'll be sleeping over at ojota, thanks for your apt response!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello!

Please, those used to Lagos very well, what's the distance between ojota to lekki VAC?

Am doing my biometrics on wednesday, i'll be sleeping over at ojota, thanks for your apt response!
Ojota to vfs Lekki is quite a distance, try to leave home early.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jtom301: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
gracedson:
410/$

Thank you so much @gracedson
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:26pm On Dec 27, 2021
Jtom301:

Thank you so much @gracedson

I think this is for CBN rate of US$. For CAD$ CBN rate, I think is between 328 -340 depending on bank. But paying thing's with ATM is far above.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:32pm On Dec 27, 2021
AbiolaSYA:
Good evening house. Please I have a few questions to ask.
1- If I’m being sponsored and my sponsor puts the funds in my account. Do I still need to submit my sponsor’s SOA?

2- Do I need to wait for the funds to sit in my account for 4 months before printing my SOA to use for application? Or I can print after and attach a Letter of explanation.

Thank you.

Since your using a sponsor,

1) yes you need to submit the sponsors SOA as well. This will help to explain the lump sum in your account, and as well help clear the VO on where the fund came from and for what purpose. Also a good sponsorship Letter will help as well.

2). You don't need to wait till 4 months. As stated above in (1), since is money sent to you by sposnor for your Education, you don't need the fund to stay up to 4 months.

Generally, lumpsums isn't bad. Is it only bad ad a red flag when source of it wasn't explained and not backed up with solid paperwork proof.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
makano:
Hello opomulero

You can't see an email that wasn't sent to you..

Peace

Lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PapaObi: 7:47pm On Dec 27, 2021
this is for USD not CAD
gracedson:
410/$

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by opomulero(m): 8:18pm On Dec 27, 2021
memorial univ. requires 120 CAD for application fee?

how can we pay from nigeria?
as card limit is 100 USD
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by itsmolep(m): 8:19pm On Dec 27, 2021
opomulero:
memorial univ. requires 120 CAD for application fee?

how can we pay from nigeria?
as card limit is 100 USD

Use zenith card or access card

Zenith is 120USD
Access is 300USD

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2021
Thanks boss for the response...

I submitted my application around November 25th, is it still in the processing time?

And please what's the processing time for a study permit application?

Also is it after undergoing and passing the medicals that eligibility review do start on the application?

Thanks.

makano:
Hello themankelechi

First, not getting a medical request from IRCC a month after submitting your application is not strange, some get their requests months after submitting, that is why most applicants prefer doing an upfront medical because of the delay of Medical request.. When an applicant does Upfront Medical and the result is submitted to IRCC by the clinic or the applicant, once its time for a medical request from IRCC, instead of sending a request, they work on the results of the upfront Medicals with them and Pass the Medicals..

You didn't mention the date you applied, with what I can see from your post, it's obvious your application has not passed the processing time..

Like I always advice, you can only start disturbing IRCC if your application has passed the processing time stated on the IRCC website when you submitted your Visa application..

If your application has not passed the processing time , you will need to be patient for this response , and if you didn't still get any response from them and your application has passed the processing time, then you can start sending them mails and webform...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ybahrbz91: 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2021
Thanks @Mrprolifik

He plans switching school upon arrival to Canada. He just want to start the application process ahead.

Legacyedition:

Baba.. ABSOLUTELY NO .

@ Ybahrbz91

If he dare change school . He will have to start the visa processes again .

He has one year to enter Canada.

Let him do his school/course switching inside Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2021
Thanks

daks02:

Sorry just seeing this. Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mk4fna: 8:42pm On Dec 27, 2021
Good evening house,

I am new here and Please I have some questions. i applied for undergrad and class start Jan-14. i did my Biometrics - October 18, 2021, since then i haven't heard anything from IRCC. i have paid the first semester and the withdrew day for refund is 10 days before class begins. so now what should l do if i don't get my study permit before last day of withdrew for refund?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 8:49pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello,
You can maintain your two years program and actually show POF for the first year in liquid cash, then show any other means of income or property which can be liquidated to take care of the second year. Even IRCC do ask for the first year POF and not the entire years of study. as long as you have any other side means you can use to raise that expenses to show.
if you really need to change, then just write the school and let them know, they will switch you to the one year option and also give a new LOA

All the best!!!

Cannymission:
Merry Christmas guys.

Pls can I change my 2 years course to a 1 year course in CENTENNIAL COLLEGE for May 2022 admission, because I just realised I'm going to need a POF of about $56k (N20m range) which I don't think I can't realistically raise.

I realised its better to secure a 2 year admission to get a 3 year PGWP, but POF no dey ground 4 now.

I have received a pre-admission letter (to receive LOA upon payment of deposit fee of $2650). Although I'm still waiting for admission from CONESTOGA COLLEGE.

@viviangogos
@Laborah
@CalcreteJB
and other gurus.

Pls advise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fleshofmankind1: 8:51pm On Dec 27, 2021
Hello everyone am travelling on the 29th of December so I went for my Covid test today by 2:00pm and the said it must be 72hrs f it to last am getting there on the 30th by 12:05pm , I guess I would still make the 72hrs , then please when best can I fill my arrival can ? Is it at the airport before my flight takes off .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2021
ybahrbz91:
Thanks @Mrprolifik

He plans switching school upon arrival to Canada. He just want to start the application process ahead.

If he plans to change school then he must inform IRCC . If he doesnt inform IRCC , know that his old school would inform IRCC and they will most likely revoke his visa and deport him . I sent you the link and everything about change of program or school in that page is clear , so dont try to play smart with them . Goodluck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.