Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (750) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862619 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 8:21am On Jan 04, 2022
Ladybee222:
Hello everyone, I applied to MSVU since Oct 27th, Msc in public relations. It's over 2 months now and I've not gotten any mail from them. I've also sent countless mails. I'm getting worried.
Silly me only applied to one school.

When was or is the deadline for application? is not about when you applied, but about when is the deadline of application. Most master offers come after the deadline date and not when you applied.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 8:40am On Jan 04, 2022
MARINA49:
Good morning house. Any PPR landing gist? Share with us if any oo,we need motivation.

I think IRCC is on break......hmmmm just thinking aloud...with this scarcity of PPR...
With the number of people that travelled during the xmas and new year I believe we will be tired reading landing gist by now...but they are stingy with sharing....May God bless all the PPR hopefuls with good news soon. AMEEN

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jermaie0009: 8:49am On Jan 04, 2022
Good Morning , family …..this one wey everywhere just dry …..no PPRs, no landing gist….Abeg make Ina drop something …it will end in Praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olutoke86(f): 8:59am On Jan 04, 2022
Lizabeth36:
Good evening... am a second time applicant. I applied oct 18th but there isnt any mail from IRCC yet asides confirmation of submission which I got on the 21st oct 2021.. I want to know if my medical wont be passed cus I am applying for the 2nd time maybe bcus it has been passed in my first application plus my eligibility hasn't started too.
Thanks
Co asking oooo as same thing applies to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 9:14am On Jan 04, 2022
The medical will be passed again
Lizabeth36:
Good evening... am a second time applicant. I applied oct 18th but there isnt any mail from IRCC yet asides confirmation of submission which I got on the 21st oct 2021.. I want to know if my medical wont be passed cus I am applying for the 2nd time maybe bcus it has been passed in my first application plus my eligibility hasn't started too.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2022
Send email and Webform to them
Lizabeth36:
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 9:18am On Jan 04, 2022
I don’t think they are stingy.
The current weather in Canada is hitting all of them Left Right Centre.

They need to adapt a lil before they get themselves.
A province is currently -33 degrees.
Toronto just declared high weather alert too.

It’s well…
jollytravels:

I think IRCC is on break......hmmmm just thinking aloud...with this scarcity of PPR...
With the number of people that travelled during the xmas and new year I believe we will be tired reading landing gist by now...but they are stingy with sharing....May God bless all the PPR hopefuls with good news soon. AMEEN

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 9:41am On Jan 04, 2022
Scott99tish:
I don’t think they are stingy.
The current weather in Canada is hitting all of them Left Right Centre.

They need to adapt a lil before they get themselves.
A province is currently -33 degrees.
Toronto just declared high weather alert too.

It’s well…

As you said it is well...MAY God make it easy for them and us all...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2022
Chukwuemekatehi:
Send email and Webform to them

Hmm will sending mail and webform help because I have read on this platform where some 2nd time applicant said there is no update in their application till the day they issue PPR and same day medical was passed and eligibility started..and this morning someone posted that he or she submitted in october also and medical was passed December 8th so in my opinion is according to each application and the VO handling it....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toria0702: 10:13am On Jan 04, 2022
quote author=Chukwuemekatehi post=109065755]Send email and Webform to them[/quote]
Was the first application medical requested or you did an upfront medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Toria0702: 10:15am On Jan 04, 2022
Lizabeth36:
Thanks
For the first application was the medical requested for by IRCC or u did an upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 10:19am On Jan 04, 2022
Toria0702:

For the first application was the medical requested for by IRCC or u did an upfront medical?
If it was requested by IRCC there won’t be second application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:22am On Jan 04, 2022
Very True.

But you didn't explain all this in your previous post though, you just wrote Non-refundable deposit fee of $1500CAD, which I countered that it is refundable..

If You had explained in details just like you did now, then your point would have been crystal clear..

Peace
mrprolifik:

They will only give you a refund if your visa is denied and you must upload a copy of the denial letter on your ontario college page. So if you get the visa and decided not to attend the college anymore you wont get a refund. Even if your visa gets denied and you fail to upload a copy of the denial letter on your ontario college website you wont get a refund.
You can get the full info on their website by clicking on the link below and see for yourself where it states that the deposit remains non refundable if you dont supply a copy of the visa rejection letter.

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/how-to-apply/international-fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Famdan: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2022
Good morning. Please can I contact you?
Tinakem:
Congratulations, mine is coming quote author=Temmynitemmy post=105663309]Good evening friends.
I'll like to share my testimony to encourage someone here. Should have done this yesterday but was pretty busy with work.

First time applicant
Submitted 12th May
Biometrics request 13th (checked for available slots but 24th May was the closest free date)
Upfront Medicals 21st
Biometrics 24th (uploaded on profile same day)
Medicals updated to passed 1st June.

Then......this wait began
Sent web forms in June to update my new passport and IELTS even though I didn't get NSE request

No update, nothing

Eligibility didn't start

Ordered GCMS notes in July. Notes came in exactly the 30th day but was pretty scanty. Only info sharing was complete. Eligibility was blank but was shocked me was that the notes mentioned that they requested for IELTS (a request that never got to me but thank goodness I already sent ahead)

***Please order for your notes if your processing Timelines have been exceeded****

In August, I sent mails to London, Accra, Nairobi even Canada to request for updates since my resumption date was fast approaching. I got generic responses for all.

I also sent to the MP of my province. She tried but got same generic response.

My school admin gave a deadline of 8th to defer.
I was about to write a deferral letter yesteday when I just decided to check my profile and saw Eligibility Started.

Few hours later, BVL dropped. 50minutes later, I got a PPR.

For everyone still waiting, Please don't give up, pray and have faith.
For those delayed, revive your spirit and fire back!

BTW, I'll be going to UNB.... Anyone heading to Fredericton this month end?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sochieke: 10:25am On Jan 04, 2022
Abeg make Una no vex.

But how likely is it for them to grant you visa with just 1500CAD.

It seems quite low
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2022
Hello Sochieke

Its possible to get your Visa with a deposit of 1500CAD, but you will really need to explain in details of the availability and break down of funds for your school fees, living expenses and other expenses..

The Visa officer is not after the bulk of money or huge amount, what they are concerned about is if the funds for your study and expenses will be available throughout your stay in Canada.. That is why you see applicants with millions of naira still get refused, they were not convincing on how the funds will be available for their studies..

So you can get your Visa with just the payment of the deposit fee, but make sure you have the funds for your full school fees and living expenses sitting pretty cool in your statement of account.. And also make sure you draft a well structured and convincing LOE to explain the break down on how the funds will be available for your study and expenses in Canada..

Peace
Sochieke:
Abeg make Una no vex.

But how likely is it for them to grant you visa with just 1500CAD.

It seems quite low
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 10:51am On Jan 04, 2022
Wow!
First time of seeing Humber College mentioned here... I'm for Humber College too and January section though i'm still waiting for IRCC on my application.

ndubisik:
Fellow Humber college member for January here! Let's link up

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ab123455: 11:00am On Jan 04, 2022
tosynn007:
I used UBA and was debited within 5 days

Did you use UBA with the online form A or you walked into the bank and used the physical form A
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2022
Hello,
I'm a November applicant too but haven't gotten any reply from IRCC since after biometrics... Also eligibility hasn't started yet. sad cry

timilehinemmanu:
He'llo Everyone'Good morning please who is a November applicant here and have gotten any replies from ircc and also has your eligibility began??
Please I need response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2022
Hello Lizabeth

This is another application with a different application number, so it will be passed again for this re-application.

Meanwhile, You didn't state the month your 1st application was refused. Did you re-submit the E-medical sheet given you in your last Medical examination?

A Medical examination is valid for a year, if your Medicals is still valid and you have not submitted your E-medical sheet, you will need to submit it via webform or emails..

If you have submitted and your medicals hasn't been passed yet and your application is beyond the IRCC approved processing time, then you will need to write emails to the respective IRCC offices of Nairobi, Lagos, London and maybe Accra..

Peace
Lizabeth36:
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olutoke86(f): 11:13am On Jan 04, 2022
Toria0702:

Mine was an upfront Medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2022
Seems it's general with november applicants...
I applied November but no medical request till now.

Raphchuks:

Hi, We may have similar timelines. My submission was on November 18. No medical request yet. What's your current status?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Maypearl: 11:25am On Jan 04, 2022
Raphchuks:

Hi, We may have similar timelines. My submission was on November 18. No medical request yet. What's your current status?

Also submitted November 18, but my medical was updated to pass on December 23.

I did an upfront medical exam on the 9th of Nov. Got a text msg from IOM saying they’ve sent it to IRCC on the 12th of November (before I applied).

But may I add that I sent one email each to the IRCC email addresses on the 21st of December; notifying them that all documents I submitted were NSE required (I know it’s not yet confirmed if the NSE route is still going on, but I needed a reason for emailing given that my application hasn’t passed the regular application processing time). And two days after, my medical was updated. Not saying the update was connected to my emails. It could just be a coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feclela(m): 11:28am On Jan 04, 2022
Anyone going to NBCC or that has gained admission?

Please do I need to send transcript from school before getting admission?

After admission, am I to pay only 500cad as stated on the website?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by survivex: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2022
Experts, Please I need your opinion on this.

survivex:
Hello House and Happy New Year to everyone.
I am new here and I want to say a big thank you to all for these very informative and supportive threads.

Please I have some queries I need your expertise on:
I am thinking of applying for a Diploma course in Engineering in one of these schools, however, my major concern is how to apply for the visa and the associated cost.

1. I am a family and we are both working. How can I apply such that my wife and daughter will go with me?
2. We have roughly say 20m altogether and my tuition alone for the 2 years is about 8m, without living expenses. Is this sufficient and how will I confirm home-ties?
3. If I want to go alone first and apply for them later? Is 8m sufficient to get me by until I get a job while schooling?
4. The DOB on my previous passport/visa which was wrong has been corrected in my new passport, how will this play out when they check travel history?
5. Which school is the cheapest when it comes to all these engineering diploma courses?

Also, I have a masters degree, obtained in 2013, and have been working ever since.

Please advise me on how to proceed. I am hoping I could prep for Fall 2022.

Thank you, experts!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2022
I believe they just resumed today, good news shall fill this thread this week

jollytravels:

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by username12: 11:51am On Jan 04, 2022
November 22nd applicant here. Biometrics and upfront medical passed, no further communication from IRCC.
timilehinemmanu:
He'llo Everyone'Good morning please who is a November applicant here and have gotten any replies from ircc and also has your eligibility began??
Please I need response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2022
Iffylove:
I believe they just resumed today, good news shall fill this thread this week

Ameen....thank you and how is your preparation hope you have gotten your stamped passport with your son own back... I wish you a safe journey....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by feclela(m): 11:54am On Jan 04, 2022
Make una help me abeg.

Please do I need to send transcript from school before getting admission to NBCC?

Can I send transcript from school via email to NSCC (Nova Scotia) to gain admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by tobe1997: 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2022
Same here November 1st, with just only biometrics and medical updates,after that nothing till now
themankelechi:

Hello,
I'm a November applicant too but haven't gotten any reply from IRCC since after biometrics... Also eligibility hasn't started yet. sad cry

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raphchuks: 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
tobe1997:
Same here November 1st, with just only biometrics and medical updates,after that nothing till now
Confirm your status on background check. It should have commenced by now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (747) (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.