Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (854541 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emilo(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2022
Anon123:

I am not a Visa officer but i am not confident this market investment as POF will go through.

But can ARM pension funds? Go thorough? As it can readily be accessible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2022
Emilo:

But can ARM pension funds? Go thorough? As it can readily be accessible.

"PENSION FUNDS" seeing this is a red flag..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emilo(m): 1:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
Anon123:

1) One of the many requirements to meet if you are to be granted a visa approval is proof of work experience in the intended course. She is also expected to include proof of current employment status like employment letter etc. Therefore she has to have these otherwise she will be denied based on purpose of visit- Emoployment history/situation. This only increase your chance but nobody here can guarantee you success

2) Google can give you clues on how to draft but ensure he includes the amount, date it was sent(as it reflex on her bank statement) and why he is sponsoring her with such amount. Have it stamped at a court as well.

Thanks Anon....See my additional comments that requires response please.

1) She actually did work in the bank from 2011 to 2014 but truly she stopped to have kids. As the bank job was contract based with Diamond bank then. Can i present evidence of bank job. But then what best way can i explain the gap in work experience (she was doing business all this while)

2) The money my brother sent is in my dollar account and not hers. As i will be standing as the sponsor as her husband. Must i put it in her account? or continue with mine??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emilo(m): 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2022
Anon123:

"PENSION FUNDS" seeing this is a red flag..

Okay, thanks and God bless!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 1:15pm On Jan 14, 2022
JCrystal:

I put the reason contained in the 214(b)

I appreciate this. Could you kindly state the reason you gave if you don’t mind since I am in such a situation and the U.S embassy didn’t give a concrete reason apart from the 214(b).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
Aijay26:
please I will be going to MUN, how did you get your exemption letter,to avoid isolation. Since arrival form said we must provide a quarantine plan

My apologies. I have been away for some time, I am back and will spend some time here .

Congratulations to all those who have got their approvals, to those refused, it is only a delay...kindly note reasons for refusal, restrategize and reapply. By God .....it will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2022
Emilo:

Thanks Anon....See my additional comments that requires response please.

1) She actually did work in the bank from 2011 to 2014 but truly she stopped to have kids. As the bank job was contract based with Diamond bank then. Can i present evidence of bank job. But then what best way can i explain the gap in work experience (she was doing business all this while)

2) The money my brother sent is in my dollar account and not hers. As i will be standing as the sponsor as her husband. Must i put it in her account? or continue with mine??

1) The evidence of employment required is her present job role. What you will have to do is work on getting employment docs that shows is currently either employed or self-employed (business CAC).

2) It is important she includes her own bank statement. You can transfer money to her (at least $10,000cad living expenses) and include a gift deed from you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amila20042001: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
BSc Chemistry,more than 10 years experience in banking and insurance sector.

1 year Graduate certificate in International business management or 2 yr Diploma in International business management., which is better

Opinions please!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
Please Lianna2020 can I send you a private message . thanks
Lianna2020:
Exactly what we call ghost update .
I pray for a positive decision sooner than later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2022
Iffylove:
The God of perfection has perfected it.............Glory be to Jesus...PPR just dropped for my son's visit visa
A request letter came in on the 29th for a parental letter of consent from his dad and a copy of biodata page, sent it the same day.
Everyone waiting, God will definitely grant you success in all your applications.
Thank you everyone,
Thank you Nairaland.........
God bless Nigeria....
God bless Canada.....

Congratulations....... I fit your message, replied and didn't hear back from you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2022
makano:
Coming online for the first time today to be welcomed with another Approval news, all glory to God..

Congrats Jioke, it has finally ended in praise and I am happy my little contribution was part of your success story..

Canada can't wait for your shine..

Peace

Congratulations.... It ended in praise.... God did it. Canada will favour you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debsogie20(f): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations ooo
I tap into this for my own October 21st applicant

[
quote author=LoluNas post=109360735]I’ve come back to give my timeline
First time Applicant!

Submitted application- September 20
Biometrics - September 23
Updated to pass that same day
Upfront medical - February 9
Medicals passed - October 25
BVL & PPR - January 14

I really can’t remember the documents I submitted but they weren’t a lot

- Statement of Purpose
- Study plan
- SOA of sponsor (my dad)
- Sponsorship letter
- Police character certificate
- Medical slip from Qlife
- CV
- LOA
- Sponsors company CAC documents and land documents
- Degree certificate
- Nysc Certificate
- School fees payment receipt (paid for first term)

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olusky93(m): 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good day house,
can someone list eligible schools that offers MSC in project management please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mzkemi(f): 2:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
Attendance class presently at Seneca. You have to pay the tuition fee to get a seat from the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by GbemiBukk(f): 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
Iffylove congratulations on your PpR and your daughter's .
I would like to ask the parental letter of consent please can you help me with how to go about it ?
Thanks
Iffylove:
The God of perfection has perfected it.............Glory be to Jesus...PPR just dropped for my son's visit visa
A request letter came in on the 29th for a parental letter of consent from his dad and a copy of biodata page, sent it the same day.
Everyone waiting, God will definitely grant you success in all your applications.
Thank you everyone,
Thank you Nairaland.........
God bless Nigeria....
God bless Canada.....

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
olusky93:
Good day house,
can someone list eligible schools that offers MSC in project management please

Google can do this bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cloudweb: 2:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
Who is going to College of North Atlantic, Philip Drive Campus?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by thaiwo1234: 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
buchito1:
Send me a DM... smiley

Done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olacherry: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hello everyone, I am preparing to submit my study peppermint application and my husband is my sponsor. In this regard, he has transferred the cost of living expenses to my account ( in multiple transfers) he has written a sponsorship letter and affidavit of sponsor. My question is, does he still need to get a gift deed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
Olacherry:
Hello everyone, I am preparing to submit my study peppermint application and my husband is my sponsor. In this regard, he has transferred the cost of living expenses to my account ( in multiple transfers) he has written a sponsorship letter and affidavit of sponsor. My question is, does he still need to get a gift deed?

YES to cover for the multiple transfers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by RukkyAdenike: 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
*PPR*alert/ Application timeline.

I am new to this platform and I've been a silent reader. Though I didn't know of this platform when I applied, since when I joined in December, I've learnt a lot from people here.
Thank you @makano for answering my question that day, I really appreciate. I got my ppr that same day so I didn't later do as suggested.
Here goes the timeline:
First time applicant

Submitted application in August 22, 2021
Did biometrics in August 26, updated the same day.
I didn't do an upfront medicals because I want to know how far my application has gone. I heard that if you are sent a medical request, then you are 80 percent to getting your visa.
So the wait began after biometrics.. I didn't think about it much because I don't want to have hbp grin though I continue praying. I didn't even bother checking my portal.
Got a medical request exactly 2 months later- October 22, 2021.
Did my medical exam Nov 9, updated to pass Nov 15.
Then the wait again.
I waited the remaining of November and the whole of December.
Got PPR on January 5th, 2022, Alhamdulillah.

Documents submitted:
- The 3 IMM forms
- LOA (unconditional) stating the partial scholarship I got.
- 4 months bank statement of my uncle and Mum each. None was up to 10 million naira, though there was active transactions on both.
- My SOP. I tried to be as honest as possible with it. It was just a page.
- Passport photograph
- international passport.

For people still waiting for ppr, it will come soon. Just don't stop praying. There is nothing prayer cannot do. It's not about the millions of naira you have in your account that does it, but God's grace.

Have a good evening y'all.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NeRd101(f): 3:40pm On Jan 14, 2022
Please do you have any material that could help in my preparations for the IELTS?

Raeinn:
Hi guys I’m here to drop my details like i said I would and it’s going to be a long post. but before then i just want to encourage anyone at the verge of giving up. Please do not give up i beg you, hold God tight. I have been fasting 3 times a week for 8months since I submitted my application, i am not joking about this. I am a first time applicant, never travelled out of Nigeria before or anything. I will be 29 in August and I applied without having a job, so I didn’t even have any money to show in my personal bank account. And I didn’t add it. In March 2021, i applied to Holland College and University of Manitoba. I wasn’t properly informed before applying to these schools, i had a brief encounter with wokos travels because he handled my University of Manitoba application, but along the line my spirit was convinced to work with him so I disregarded the admission from University of Manitoba and that from Holland College, because it was a diploma and not a graduate diploma. I graduated in 2018 and i have a CGPA of 4.27 and i was eligible to apply for a master’s degree but the tuition i was seeing was too much and I wanted to change career path. So I decided to research and I found Niagara College, I applied for a PGD in April and i got my admission in the same month. I was introduced to an agent here in Abuja by a family friend in Canada. He told me the documents i needed for the visa application and i brought those available. My mum is my sponsor and she retired in 2018, so she doesn’t even have any tangible thing doing at the moment. My greatest worry about my application is the fact that i do not bear the same surname with my mum, i answer my dad’s middle name and that’s not the surname my mum answers, so i was scared because I’m saying she is my mum but we answer different surnames. That was my biggest fear , coupled with the fact that i am unemployed and my sponsor is retired as well. I wrote my SOP by myself and I tried to explain as best as i could. After I submitted my application. That was when my friend sent me nairaland link and i kept wishing i had seen this forum before applying. I kept comparing my documents with that of other people and I would cry most times because I didn’t have half of what they had submitted. I emailed numerous MPs one replied and seemed interested in helping me but after i sent my details to him in early December he stopped replying my emails. I emailed IRCC countless times and generic response was all i got and i was tired. I ordered for GCMS notes twice in sept and November 2021 and i never got any. i was going to apply for the 3rd one today because i was really frustrated.Thanks to @makano and @vivigogos they kept encouraging me and guiding me, I’ve never been so tired of waiting for something to happen in my life, But i kept praying and fasting and begging God to make it a miracle and he did. Today after my fasting, i came online and read a lady’s story where she said she got her approval today and our timelines are similar, i said a silent prayer and tapped into her story. I remembered she said she got a request to upload her new LOA and i kept wondering if she got the request on her timeline or via email so I decided to check mine just incase, I checked and it was still the same way it has been since May,2021. I logged out and I was about to step out when i got two emails barely 2 minutes after I logged out of my portal saying there is and update concerning my application and i went back and logged in. My testimony was waiting for me. There is nothing God cannot do, please do not give up and never stop praying.

First time applicant
Submitted application: 15th May, 2021
Biometrics collection: 16th May, 2021
Upfront medicals passed: 21st May, 2021

Documents submitted
My mums UBA bank statement (MBS): 12m
My mums First bank statement: 6m
Documents of our family house in the east we never estimated its worth.
Documents of our house in Jos, we never estimated its worth either.
Documents of a land in the east worth 1.5m
My mums employment letter
My mums promotion and retirement letters
My birth certificate
My parents marriage certificate
My tuition deposit receipt of $9169 CAD
My IELTS results with a total band score of 8.0
My university statement of result
My university transcript
My mums passport data page
My passport data page
2 certificates from some certification courses i did.
My SOP
The necessary forms on the Canadian application website.

Finally, it can only be God.
Thank you all for all the encouragement and i wish all PPR hopefuls the very best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations!!!
May Canada favour you. cheesy

Laladude:

PPR!!! (2nd time applicant)

Application submitted - October 8th
Medical passed - November 22th
BVL/PPR - January 6th

Docs submitted:
All IMM docs
leave letter
Updated LOA
House Docs
Family Pics
SOP
LOE
POF Docs

Had an earlier rejection Sept ending and I applied about 7 days later. I used Spectro's format to arrange my docs. Also used his speed on second re-application as a point of contact and God did it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by floflo12: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2022
Thank you

Anon123:

Paying a deposit, half or full does not guarantee a visa approval but ensure your fees are refundable in the event of a denial.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by promilit: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hello everyone, please, I would like to ask, if an account has 23M naira and 7.5M was added before the SOA was taken, can it be seen as a lump sum?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teemenzo: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2022
promilit:
Hello everyone, please, I would like to ask, if an account has 23M naira and 7.5M was added before the SOA was taken, can it be seen as a lump sum?

Yes, so explain the money and/with transfer evidences
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by omariam: 4:04pm On Jan 14, 2022
RukkyAdenike:
*PPR*alert/ Application timeline.

I am new to this platform and I've been a silent reader.
Here goes the timeline:
First time applicant

Submitted application in August 22, 2021
Did biometrics in August 26, updated the same day.
Did my medical exam Nov 9, updated to pass Nov 15.
Then the wait again.
I waited the remaining of November and the whole of December.
Got PPR on January 5th, 2022, Alhamdulillah.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Raeinn: 4:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
NeRd101:
Please do you have any material that could help in my preparations for the IELTS?

Hi, sorrY i do not have them anymore because I gave them out a while ago , but there where many helpful videos I downloaded on YouTube. There was also an IELTS app I downloaded from my phones application store. It had past questions and it’s quite convenient and easy to use. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 4:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
Amen o and congratulations on your PPR!

MamateesLababy:
It’s PPR!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Jesus.
I’m sooo happy.
Will share my timeline shortly.
God will do it for everyone waiting too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
NeRd101:

Dear Nerd101
I highly recommend IELTSLIZ. My wife used same and she aced the ielts even though she had barely a month to prepare.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Cease: 5:02pm On Jan 14, 2022
Anon123:

People have posted this a lot and how to go about it, has been given more than 10times including emails to send mails to. Search and you will see it.
plz mr. Anon how can I private message you on it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Emilo(m): 5:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
Anon123:

1) The evidence of employment required is her present job role. What you will have to do is work on getting employment docs that shows is currently either employed or self-employed (business CAC).

2) It is important she includes her own bank statement. You can transfer money to her (at least $10,000cad living expenses) and include a gift deed from you.

Thanks this is very helpful..........God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (788) (789) (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.