Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862553 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Munaedo: 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good evening house!
Pls this is my first Study permit application and I’m new here. the company where I work has resolved to sponsor me for my 1year diploma program in Project Management in Canada & the hv showed commitment by paying for the first semester tuition, also, the owner of the company is my sponsor/Godparents for my wedding 5years ago (there are photo evidence to this) so we have a personal relationship with him. Now I’m to put documents together and submit my application. PLEASE my people I need assistance/guide on how to go about it. The company is willing to supply any document I need both as an employee & a father figure. Pls I need help @Ketima @Makano @ frankrobbn1 @lekiboboe and other gurus here. Help a sister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mofolam: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2022
Haa. Pls I have been away from nairaland for a long while. I’m seeing that someone got just ppr this Jan and he/she applied since may2021; even with ielts result and 1 yr MBS. Pls my question is : have things changed? 1yr MBS and ielts result used to be grounds for fast processing of study visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olawealthq: 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Your Response to the questions below would enable you get a response on the type of program, program qualification you can/should go for

- what did you study in the university/Polytechnic ?

- What year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- 2.1 or 2.2 or 3rd Class (University) or Higher or Lower Credit (Polytechnic)?

- Do you have a job? If yes, what is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree)

- How many years work experience do you have in that Job?

- Is your Job related to what you studied in the University?

I studied accounting

2019 year of graduation

2.1 degree in accounting

No, I don't have a job.

I have 6 months working experience at ptad (file manager)

Please these are the answers, what school can I apply in? Course?

@lekiboboe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mankind5050(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2022
Just resubmit the old Medical slip , thank God & start packing your luggage
DonAmos123:
Good evening house. I got a medical request today but when I submitted my application in November I submitted an upfront medical that is valid till April this year.

I DON’T KNOW IF I SHOULD DO ANOTHER MEDICAL. THIS IS MY 3rd APPLICATION.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by moni001: 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good evening everyone, Please i have a question. Experts please for pof (my husband is my sponsor), is he suppose to move the money to my account or it can remain in his account. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olamiteni: 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
my people.. God is good o
this application is just the mercy of God that i got
i am a first time applicant

Timeline.
Application submitted: September 07
Biometrics: September 09
Request for medical: December 10
Medical passed: December 22
Correspondence letter: December 24
Passport Request: January 14

Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
1. Bank statement of my father
2. Reference letter from my father’s Bank
3. Contract of sale of land and deed of agreement for a recently sold property
4. Sponsorship letter by my father
5. Identification documents of my father
6. My personal bank statement (MBS)
7. My salary account
8. Evidence of Tuition Deposit
9. Employment letter and Work ID
10. Valuation Report of my father’s assets in Nigeria worth
11. Letter of financial support from a co-sponsor
12. Statement of account of my co-sponsor
13. Identification Document of my co-sponsor
14. Letters of introduction from my places of work supporting my further study
15. Police Character Certificate
16. Certificate of registration of my father’s business
17. Birth Certificate
18. Family pictures over 17 years ago
19. Statement of purpose

its not easy oo but i thank My dear friends i met here @makano, @ketima and every other person that guided me, God bless you and my personal adviser @jermaie009.. thank you.
my school is Cape Breton University Sydney Nova scotia, May intake.
To all PPR expectant, it will end in praise.

32 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2022
Olamiteni:
my people.. God is good o
this application is just the mercy of God that i got
i am a first time applicant

Timeline.
Application submitted: September 07
Biometrics: September 09
Request for medical: December 10
Medical passed: December 22
Correspondence letter: December 24
Passport Request: January 14

Documents submitted.
IMMI forms
1. Bank statement of my father
2. Reference letter from my father’s Bank
3. Contract of sale of land and deed of agreement for a recently sold property
4. Sponsorship letter by my father
5. Identification documents of my father
6. My personal bank statement (MBS)
7. My salary account
8. Evidence of Tuition Deposit
9. Employment letter and Work ID
10. Valuation Report of my father’s assets in Nigeria worth
11. Letter of financial support from a co-sponsor
12. Statement of account of my co-sponsor
13. Identification Document of my co-sponsor
14. Letters of introduction from my places of work supporting my further study
15. Police Character Certificate
16. Certificate of registration of my father’s business
17. Birth Certificate
18. Family pictures over 17 years ago
19. Statement of purpose

its not easy oo but i thank My dear friends i met here @makano, @ketima and every other person that guided me, God bless you and my personal adviser @jermaie009.. thank you.
my school is Cape Breton University Sydney Nova scotia, May intake.
To all PPR expectant, it will end in praise.

Congratulations to you!!!
Mine is next….. IJN.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2022
Good day Makano thanks for always below is the response i got after telling the school we cant make the Jan 13th deadline and choose the deferral option

Response:
Your deferral request to May 2022 intake has been received. Currently this intake is full. You are now on a May 2022 intake waiting list. An approval of a deferral request is not guaranteed and is dependent upon seats becoming available. We will contact you at a later date should any seats become available.

Please note that effective immediately, your seat for Jan 2022 intake will not be kept.

There will not be an updated Letter of Admission unless seats become available.

So my question is , Do we inform IRCC about the latest development ?

And also we forgot to mention a US refusal in the form filled for my wife, Do you think we should send a letter of Explanation via webform saying it was an oversight?

Please your answers are needed urgently

Thanks once again

makano:
Hello Kokolanre

The conditions for a refund are :

1. If your study permit has been refused.
2. If you are not unable to start your studies..

And I am sure non of these conditions applies to you, so you will need to send a message to the school before the deadline that you have not gotten a final decision yet from IRCC and that is actually what is causing the delay and also you are still very much interested and able to start your studies... You can put this in your own way, I am just hinting you on what to reply the school..

At the same time keep sending IRCC disturbing messages, we have seen applicants disturbing IRCC with multiple messages day and night and they got their approvals asap, so you can also do same..

After sending to the school, you keep sending to IRCC everyday and night until you get what you want..

Send 5 mails daily and 3 mails in the night with the subject "URGENT with your application number".

It will end in praise

Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2022
kokolanre123:

Good day Makano thanks for always below is the response i got after telling the school we cant make the Jan 13th deadline and choose the deferral option

Response:
Your deferral request to May 2022 intake has been received. Currently this intake is full. You are now on a May 2022 intake waiting list. An approval of a deferral request is not guaranteed and is dependent upon seats becoming available. We will contact you at a later date should any seats become available.

Please note that effective immediately, your seat for Jan 2022 intake will not be kept.

There will not be an updated Letter of Admission unless seats become available.

So my question is , Do we inform IRCC about the latest development ?

And also we forgot to mention a US refusal in the form filled for my wife, Do you think we should send a letter of Explanation via webform saying it was an oversight?

Please your answers are needed urgently

Thanks once again
Forgetting to mention a USA denial in your Canadian application will be seen as misrepresentation, it’ll be better to do a convincing LOE, send as a web form to sort yourself out. Those who omitted such and didn’t do anything to rectify it didn’t end well as per their applications.
All the best with this, this alone should keep you on your toes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 11:42pm On Jan 14, 2022
I did click yes that i have been refused visa to Canada and Other countries , Just that i did not mention it in my LOE thats what i am saying

Debbieeeeeee:

Forgetting to mention a USA denial in your Canadian application will be seen as misrepresentation, it’ll be better to do a convincing LOE, send as a web form to sort yourself out. Those who omitted such and didn’t do anything to rectify it didn’t end well as per their applications.
All the best with this, this alone should keep you on your toes.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Scott99tish(m): 11:55pm On Jan 14, 2022
You’ve done justice already.
It’s not compulsory you state it in your LOE if the story line didn’t permit.

They are not asking to know why and why.
You’ve acknowledged it in your IMM form.
That’s all…

Regards.
kokolanre123:
I did click yes that i have been refused visa to Canada and Other countries , Just that i did not mention it in my LOE thats what i am saying

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Holuwatoyin201(f): 12:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Good morning house, and to gurus in the house, please I need advise on CIMT college, is it a good school, do we have student who intend going to CIMT?
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 12:18am On Jan 15, 2022
Holuwatoyin201:
Good morning house, and to gurus in the house, please I need advise on CIMT college, is it a good school, do we have student who intend going to CIMT?
Thank you all

CIMT is a private college in the Ontario province of Canada with 4 campuses. It is a designated learning institute so it's a good college but if you intend applying for PGWP after your studies , you won't qualify for it because CIMT doesn't offer programs that makes international students eligible for a post graduation work permit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 12:23am On Jan 15, 2022
Olawealthq:

I studied accounting

2019 year of graduation

2.1 degree in accounting

No, I don't have a job.

I have 6 months working experience at ptad (file manager)

Please these are the answers, what school can I apply in? Course?

@lekiboboe

You have a 2.1 and 3 years Education gap. You can go for a Masters in Accounting, see the link below for Universities offering it.

https://www.nairaland.com/6719291/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/413#106949810

You can also go for a
Post Graduate Certificate in Accounting but you must state with cogent reasons om your SOP (STATEMENT OF PURPOSE) why you are going for a PG.Cert instead of a Masters. Await a response to that from the gurus and other members of this platform

See the link below for
PG.CERT in ACCOUNTING Programs and Colleges offering them
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/247#103188415

Goodluck!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by lamborghinifcb(m): 1:07am On Jan 15, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Holuwatoyin201(f): 1:32am On Jan 15, 2022
Thank , God bless

quote author=mrprolifik post=109377826]

CIMT is a private college in the Ontario province of Canada with 4 campuses. It is a designated learning institute so it's a good college but if you intend applying for PGWP after your studies , you won't qualify for it because CIMT doesn't offer programs that makes international students eligible for a post graduation work permit.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Holuwatoyin201(f): 1:33am On Jan 15, 2022
Ok, thanks

quote author=lamborghinifcb post=109378163]

I have sent you a mail[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Holuwatoyin201(f): 1:56am On Jan 15, 2022
Good morning house and gurus, please can you help me with public schools for Post graduate program in management line, schools that are eligible for PGWP after studies, wave IELTS exam and also give scholarships or partial funding. (CIMT is out of it).
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TeeMade: 2:32am On Jan 15, 2022
Well said @ Legacyedition.

I went through JR and honestly, I'm glad I did. Especially when it became obvious from comments on the 1st and 2nd refusal gcms notes that the refusals were based on unfounded bias which were majorly:
1. US visa refusal after child birth (note: all fees were paid and evidence provided as part of supporting documents). The refusal was simply as a result of the then US government strict immigration rules/ban especially against African countries at the time, of which Nigeria was one of them but the VO made it sound as though I did something wrong which lead to the US Visa renewal. I had to debunk this bias so a JR was needed.

2. My educational progression. My course is an MBA and my specialization is completely in line with my career path. So a refusal based on this reason made it very clear that the VO's decision was not based on documented evidences set before him/her.

The above amongst other comments like, I already have a child didn't just add up for me cos how does having a child stop a woman from furthering her education if she so wishes to do so.

The handwritings were very clear and my lawyer did a wonderful job of addressing every single bias in a very punchy manner, I was excited when I saw my case file and yes I learnt alot.

In the end, the judge stated that he/she does not understand why my application was refused based on the documents provided and scheduled a hearing. They conceded after seeing the decision of the judge and thank God it has ended in praise.

It was quite a wait of about 9 to 10 months (plus the impact of covid) but everything picked up pace from the time they conceded and I'm glad that all the bias have been cleared out and my record is clean. God kept me through that waiting period oh cos it wasn't easy.

I said all the above to say that, if you can afford a JR with an assurance that the submitted application was well put together and based on your lawyer's advise, then go for it. There's little or no trust for us, hence, the low approval rate. This makes it important for us to push back when a decision is clearly bias and unsatisfactory.

I will still share my timeline soon. Na busy busy dey delay am.

It will end in praise for everyone awaiting PPR...

Legacyedition:
The rate at which nairalanders discourage JR is unfair . Seems we are not concerned about incoming generations and those behind us. We need to end this our suffering and smiling way of life.

Indians and other countries held them by the balls for many years via JR. Today, the new generation are enjoying it. Reduced flimsy excuses, increased approval rate, 2 weeks study permit timeline. Judicial review also expand your knowledge of immigration laws, discover abnormalities. Make you work true it with your lawyer.

Most of the reasons stated to refused Africans are unreasonable. Which judge mostly insult them before sending them for a re-determination.

Truly, JR is not for the faint hearted, filled with uncertainty, anxiety, cost etc, But has so many advantages for the incoming applicants as far as Africa is concerned.

If you have the money for JR, please go for it. Be the voice to your country , be the voice to the voiceless Africa.

Most unreasonable reasons we celebrate, promote and made our own immigration law can't stand the test of JR. E-G

Career progression

Something like having Masters and going for ordinary diploma is Canada.

Based on the Canadian immigration law, there's no place given to Visa Officer's to decide students career. Your career progression is left for the school to decide, if school decided to give you letter of acceptance, it's none of Visa Officer's business to comment on your progression or qualifications for the course. A federal court rule below on that.

Secondly , I disagree with the Respondent’s argument that the decision is otherwise reasonable. Having reviewed the Applicant’s educational plan myself, it is clear that at no point does she ask for career counseling advice. Yet this Visa Officer apparently fancied the opportunity to assume the role of career counsellor and opine that the Applicant’s intended studies in Canada would not enhance her work for her brother. Such extraneous considerations make it obvious that the Visa Officer engaged in an unreasonable review of the evidence.

This is straightforward and clear. The judge called that unsolicited career counseling

Proof of fund

Below is IRCC’s own study permit guidelines

Students are required to demonstrate financial sufficiency for only the first year of studies, regardless of the duration of the course or program of studies in which they are enrolled. In other words, a single student entering a four-year degree program with an annual tuition fee of $15,000 must demonstrate funds of $15,000 to satisfy the requirements, and not the full $60,000 which would be required for four years. Officers should be satisfied however that the probability of funding for future years does exist (i.e., parents are employed);

Proof of employment is enough to demonstrate next year tuition fee. Whereas, someone was refused here in September for not having funds for whole course.

This person actually showed 150,000CAD balance in his father's account. Cost of whole course is less than 50,000CAD plus living expenses.

Third party sponsor (uncle) , personal assets, establishment in home country

Below is a Federal court of Canada rule on that.

In my view, the Officer’s finding that the Applicant had insufficient funds to support his studies is not justified in light of the uncle’s signed declaration and evidence indicating his financial stability and willingness to support the Applicant, including his commitment to offer the Applicant employment once he completes his studies.

[22] I also agree with the Applicant’s submission that the Officer’s reasoning that his uncle’s funds could be withdrawn at any time is speculative and that the Officer arrived at this conclusion without providing a rationale. This is a ground for setting aside the decision (Huot v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration) 2011 FC 180, at para 26).

I also disagree with the Respondent’s argument that it was reasonable for the Officer to find that there is little incentive for the Applicant to return to Mauritius after his studies. As the Applicant’s counsel argued during the hearing, the Applicant has provided elaborate reasons about his intention and ability to study in Canada. The Applicant has also been transparent that he is not wealthy, but has taken steps to secure the financial assistance of his uncle.

[28] As the Applicant’s counsel rightly noted, the Applicant is fortunate to have an uncle who is willing to fund his studies in Canada so that he may obtain credentials that are highly valued in Mauritius. It is uncontroversial that many students often rely on family members to help fund their post-secondary studies. Here, the Respondent attempts to assert otherwise, seemingly on the grounds that the Applicant comes from a less affluent background. This reasoning is absurd and perpetuates stereotypes about those who consistently face barriers to accessing higher education. The Applicant has clearly demonstrated that he has secured the funds to finance his studies. The fact that he comes from a lower-income background should not preclude him from seeking out and accessing educational opportunities.

[29] I find that the Officer failed to take into account the totality of the evidence before them and came to an unreasonable conclusion.

See the bolded knockouts by the deciding Judge.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TeeMade: 2:51am On Jan 15, 2022
Hello @ moni001

I believe it's better for the money to remain in his account and he should write a letter of sponsorship signed by him to demonstrate his support for your intended study plans. He can provide his account statements to support the letter. This also shows that you have support back home.

It will end in praise swiftly.

moni001:
Good evening everyone, Please i have a question. Experts please for pof (my husband is my sponsor), is he suppose to move the money to my account or it can remain in his account. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Munaedo: 5:56am On Jan 15, 2022
Good evening house!
Pls this is my first Study permit application and I’m new here. the company where I work has resolved to sponsor me for my 1year diploma program in Project Management in Canada & the hv showed commitment by paying for the first semester tuition, also, the owner of the company is my sponsor/Godparents for my wedding 5years ago (there are photo evidence to this) so we have a personal relationship with him. Now I’m to put documents together and submit my application. PLEASE my people I need assistance/guide on how to go about it. The company is willing to supply any document I need both as an employee & a father figure. Pls I need help @Ketima @Makano @ frankrobbn1 @lekiboboe and other gurus here. Help a sister

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mmaobey: 6:30am On Jan 15, 2022
Hi everyone, my brother in love is arriving Canada today 15th jan. The accomodation he got was canceled now he is in urgent need of an accomodation in regina. He is going to university of regina. Please any info on how to get accomodation will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raiyan616: 6:56am On Jan 15, 2022
Good morning to everyone , This is my first time applying for Canadian study permit. I just received acceptance to Centennial College (Software Engineering:Artificial Intelligence) - Advanced Diploma.. I have a Bachelors in Computer Science…before I apply i want the gurus to advice me on some issues I have:

1. Am currently unemployed graduated in 2017, I haven’t been idle tho, been taken up courses and building side projects.

2. For the college am the tuition is 17k CAD/year , and my understanding my sponsor(mom) has to a proof of funds as (17K + 10K + 5K(other expenses)) = 32K or more. My course is for 2 years , I will like to know how to demonstrate proof of funds for the subsequent year.

3. I have been denied US study permit before, want to know how I will deal with that in my LOE.

4. For my ties to home my mom has gifted me a piece of land.

I plead to the gurus to guide me, I will like to know my chance of getting approval. Any advice is greatly appreciated. @Frankrobbn1 @justwise @Lekiboboe @makano
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pufframmy: 7:14am On Jan 15, 2022
congratulation

wen you apply how much you had in your own account?

RukkyAdenike:
*PPR*alert/ Application timeline.

I am new to this platform and I've been a silent reader. Though I didn't know of this platform when I applied, since when I joined in December, I've learnt a lot from people here.
Thank you @makano for answering my question that day, I really appreciate. I got my ppr that same day so I didn't later do as suggested.
Here goes the timeline:
First time applicant

Submitted application in August 22, 2021
Did biometrics in August 26, updated the same day.
I didn't do an upfront medicals because I want to know how far my application has gone. I heard that if you are sent a medical request, then you are 80 percent to getting your visa.
So the wait began after biometrics.. I didn't think about it much because I don't want to have hbp grin though I continue praying. I didn't even bother checking my portal.
Got a medical request exactly 2 months later- October 22, 2021.
Did my medical exam Nov 9, updated to pass Nov 15.
Then the wait again.
I waited the remaining of November and the whole of December.
Got PPR on January 5th, 2022, Alhamdulillah.

Documents submitted:
- The 3 IMM forms
- LOA (unconditional) stating the partial scholarship I got.
- 4 months bank statement of my uncle and Mum each. None was up to 10 million naira, though there was active transactions on both.
- My SOP. I tried to be as honest as possible with it. It was just a page.
- Passport photograph
- international passport.

For people still waiting for ppr, it will come soon. Just don't stop praying. There is nothing prayer cannot do. It's not about the millions of naira you have in your account that does it, but God's grace.

Have a good evening y'all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 7:20am On Jan 15, 2022
Congratulations!!!
I tap into this grace and testimony.
It can only be God indeed. cheesy

Raeinn:
Hi guys I’m here to drop my details like i said I would and it’s going to be a long post. but before then i just want to encourage anyone at the verge of giving up. Please do not give up i beg you, hold God tight. I have been fasting 3 times a week for 8months since I submitted my application, i am not joking about this. I am a first time applicant, never travelled out of Nigeria before or anything. I will be 29 in August and I applied without having a job, so I didn’t even have any money to show in my personal bank account. And I didn’t add it. In March 2021, i applied to Holland College and University of Manitoba. I wasn’t properly informed before applying to these schools, i had a brief encounter with wokos travels because he handled my University of Manitoba application, but along the line my spirit was convinced to work with him so I disregarded the admission from University of Manitoba and that from Holland College, because it was a diploma and not a graduate diploma. I graduated in 2018 and i have a CGPA of 4.27 and i was eligible to apply for a master’s degree but the tuition i was seeing was too much and I wanted to change career path. So I decided to research and I found Niagara College, I applied for a PGD in April and i got my admission in the same month. I was introduced to an agent here in Abuja by a family friend in Canada. He told me the documents i needed for the visa application and i brought those available. My mum is my sponsor and she retired in 2018, so she doesn’t even have any tangible thing doing at the moment. My greatest worry about my application is the fact that i do not bear the same surname with my mum, i answer my dad’s middle name and that’s not the surname my mum answers, so i was scared because I’m saying she is my mum but we answer different surnames. That was my biggest fear , coupled with the fact that i am unemployed and my sponsor is retired as well. I wrote my SOP by myself and I tried to explain as best as i could. After I submitted my application. That was when my friend sent me nairaland link and i kept wishing i had seen this forum before applying. I kept comparing my documents with that of other people and I would cry most times because I didn’t have half of what they had submitted. I emailed numerous MPs one replied and seemed interested in helping me but after i sent my details to him in early December he stopped replying my emails. I emailed IRCC countless times and generic response was all i got and i was tired. I ordered for GCMS notes twice in sept and November 2021 and i never got any. i was going to apply for the 3rd one today because i was really frustrated.Thanks to @makano and @vivigogos they kept encouraging me and guiding me, I’ve never been so tired of waiting for something to happen in my life, But i kept praying and fasting and begging God to make it a miracle and he did. Today after my fasting, i came online and read a lady’s story where she said she got her approval today and our timelines are similar, i said a silent prayer and tapped into her story. I remembered she said she got a request to upload her new LOA and i kept wondering if she got the request on her timeline or via email so I decided to check mine just incase, I checked and it was still the same way it has been since May,2021. I logged out and I was about to step out when i got two emails barely 2 minutes after I logged out of my portal saying there is and update concerning my application and i went back and logged in. My testimony was waiting for me. There is nothing God cannot do, please do not give up and never stop praying.

First time applicant
Submitted application: 15th May, 2021
Biometrics collection: 16th May, 2021
Upfront medicals passed: 21st May, 2021

Documents submitted
My mums UBA bank statement (MBS): 12m
My mums First bank statement: 6m
Documents of our family house in the east we never estimated its worth.
Documents of our house in Jos, we never estimated its worth either.
Documents of a land in the east worth 1.5m
My mums employment letter
My mums promotion and retirement letters
My birth certificate
My parents marriage certificate
My tuition deposit receipt of $9169 CAD
My IELTS results with a total band score of 8.0
My university statement of result
My university transcript
My mums passport data page
My passport data page
2 certificates from some certification courses i did.
My SOP
The necessary forms on the Canadian application website.

Finally, it can only be God.
Thank you all for all the encouragement and i wish all PPR hopefuls the very best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 7:24am On Jan 15, 2022
Amen!
The wait isn't fot the faint hearted sha cry

Ketima:
For all waiting for their PPR's, don't relent. It can only take long but must surely come to positive conclusion. There is nothing God can't do.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fawaz12345: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2022
DonAmos123:
Good evening house. I got a medical request today but when I submitted my application in November I submitted an upfront medical that is valid till April this year.

I DON’T KNOW IF I SHOULD DO ANOTHER MEDICAL. THIS IS MY 3rd APPLICATION.
Sorry please can I know what you did different in your third application?
Did you pay first semester fee 1st 2nd or 3rd application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Silverkc: 7:47am On Jan 15, 2022
Please assist.

I applied last year April and got rejected by September.

I applied again around December 3rd. My admission was deferred to January. Now I doubt the possibility of it coming out this month.

What should I do now. Am I going to apply for another admission? Because according to my school u can only defer once.

If I apply again will Embassy accept it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 8:21am On Jan 15, 2022
It has ended in praise, congratulations!!!

GbemiBukk:
Thanks to everyonee here who shared valuable information.
I got to know about this forum after j applied and I found I made a lot of mistakes especially with my 1 page SOP.
But then grace found me.
This is to encourage all expectants ,it will end in praise .
First time applicant
May 15,2021
Biometrics, may 21
Upfront medical updated to pass june 16
And the. The wait began.
September 16, bvl drop , and the wait begin again.
October I sent updated LOA
Got a request letter November,
November 15, uploaded the requested document and another waiting.
Dec 2, Isent emails and got a response that my application is in its final stage and they will get back to me soon.
Then the wait
Sent several emails, raised webforms ,got tired and j stopped sending mails or webform
But kept hope alive.
January 12 , PPR.

Docs submitted
All IMM forms
Acceptance letter
Husband bio data. Page
Employment letter
Recommendation letter from employer
Receipts of half plot of land and survey documents jointly owned by me and husband .
Receipt of 1 plot of land owned by husband
Sponsor statement of acct ( husband's uncle ..lol...I was scared of how to explain who sponsor is to me....he is my late mother in law brother ....lol....mother inlaw not bearing brother's surnmane as she is married lol....the distance ))))
Sponsor international passport with travel history
Sponsor CAC of church cuz he is a pastor and no other documents
Couldn't attach marriage certificate ...the document won't just upload ,it stressed me I got tired and dropped it
Pictures of marriage,lots of picture of husband n I before we got married. Lots of family pictures too
Home ties .husband ,my job and my parent
Sop ..explained how I would be coming back as I have aged mum...included her pics ,and my adopted parents pics
Explained briefly why sponsor cared for husband and would want to sponsor me for husband sake
NB : I applied for my 4ur old son too
No major docs for him ,still waiting PPR for him too tho but I am positive God will perfect this.

I thank God .
To everyone who I contacted and listen to me and adviced me...I say thank you
Prayer too ooooo , I prayed oo oo and when am disturbed i come here to calm masef and see other documents submitted by others which I didnt put and I got Moore disturb Ed
No travel history
Refused US visa 2017
But in all I say Hallelujah ...what God cannot do doesn't exist .

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 8:27am On Jan 15, 2022
Hello
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 8:29am On Jan 15, 2022
Amen!
Congratulations!!

Jioke1994:
It's Ppr guys!
2nd time applicant.
Ist app...Submitted April 19th, 2021
Refused July 26th, 2021
2nd app
Submitted Oct 31st, 2021
Upfront medical... last year April 23rd
Eligibility started Jan 12th, 2022
Bvl nd Ppr Jan.13th
What I did differently.
Statutory declaration of age to prove relationship btw mum (co-sponsor) and uncle (main sponsor) Submitted
Uncle's CAC Submitted
Business invoices Submitted
Mum's business invoices Submitted but no CAC. Hers is not registered. I explained in my SOP
Home ties ( family, career progression in my home country, my football team, my piece of land)
Note that my 1st refused app lacked all d above.
My personal acct statement with 1 million sent by my uncle for my living expenses submitted
Already paid my 1st semester tuition since Oct, 2020.
Tnx @Shupy @makano @frankrobbn @anon @justmellow and others 4 your tireless contributions.
I appreciate a lot.
Luv u guys.
Ppr go show 4 everyone... IJN!
My school is Cape Breton University, Sydney, Nova Scotia.
May intake.
We can link up.
God bless u big!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 8:32am On Jan 15, 2022
I'm also for Humber College, Winter 2022 intake.

LoyeeB:
Hello everyone,

Anyone for Humber College Winter 2022 intake here? Let's connect please. Please send me email.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.