Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (862906 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teekay20: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
Thank you so much. It is working now but I can't pay with an Access Bank visa card. Its bringing out transaction declined. Please which other way can I pay again quote?
mrprolifik:

Just log out and try again after 1hr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 11:59pm On Jan 16, 2022
mrprolifik:

Before I answer your question I want you to know that you can only apply for a PGWP once in a lifetime. Which means if you want to get the 3years post graduation work permit after study by combining 2 different study programs (1year+1year). You mustn't apply for PGWP after finishing the first program . You must finish both programs then after that apply for your PGWP.
The program doesn't have to be related and doesn't have to be in the same college or University or even province . So it's better you start the second program immediately after finishing the first program.

Hello!
After my PGCert, i intended to go for Msc in a different course but in a way traceable to the former PGCert, after few months not immediately since my visa won't have expired by then.(using 8 months out of 1yr)

Hope there is nothing towards my 3 yr PGWP after the Msc?
After the first program, will i extend study visa or apply for another visa?
And how is the visa processing towards another program in cad, is it fast and demanding like this fresh one we are doing?

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dollymon: 12:12am On Jan 17, 2022
Graduate certificate seems better for education progression.
raiyan616:
Hello guys , I have a BSC. Computer Science and I have admission for 2 schools , one for Ontario Advanced diploma and the other is for Graduate Certificate, want to know which is better for education progression ?? @Frankrobbn1 @justwise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kokolanre123: 12:13am On Jan 17, 2022
Good day @Makano thanks for always below is the response i got after telling the school we cant make the Jan 13th deadline and choose the deferral option

Response:
Your deferral request to May 2022 intake has been received. Currently this intake is full. You are now on a May 2022 intake waiting list. An approval of a deferral request is not guaranteed and is dependent upon seats becoming available. We will contact you at a later date should any seats become available.

Please note that effective immediately, your seat for Jan 2022 intake will not be kept.

There will not be an updated Letter of Admission unless seats become available.

So my question is , Do we inform IRCC about the latest development ?

makano:
Hello Kokolanre

Please what question is that, I have too many Mentions, so it's kinda difficult to locate your question..

So please ask again, that is if no one has answered your question though..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 12:17am On Jan 17, 2022
emmalextemtop:

Hello!
After my PGCert, i intended to go for Msc in a different course but in a way traceable to the former PGCert, after few months not immediately since my visa won't have expired by then.(using 8 months out of 1yr)

Hope there is nothing towards my 3 yr PGWP after the Msc?
After the first program, will i extend study visa or apply for another visa?
And how is the visa processing towards another program in cad, is it fast and demanding like this fresh one we are doing?

Thanks!
Click on the link below to see the process you need to follow in extending your study permit.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/extend-study-permit.html

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mrprolifik: 12:24am On Jan 17, 2022
Teekay20:
Thank you so much. It is working now but I can't pay with an Access Bank visa card. Its bringing out transaction declined. Please which other way can I pay again quote?

A friend of mine had similar issues with his prepaid Mastercard and debit Mastercard. He tried paying for several days and the system kept declining his payment. Then he tried paying with his prepaid Visa card once and it went through.
My advice to you is that if your card isn't registered for online banking then try to contact your bank to see if they are the one preventing the payment from going through.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raiyan616: 12:37am On Jan 17, 2022
rotexteymie:
Is anyone going to NSCC this fall? If there's a Whatsapp group, I'd like to be added.

Thank you.

Just got admission to NSCC too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:45am On Jan 17, 2022
makano:
Hello Malone

When choosing a course of study,the most important thing to consider is if the proposed course is closely related to your 1st degree or Job description, also if the course will afford you benefits and opportunities In your home country and not if its lucrative or not in Canada.

When you apply for a course with that mindset and you go put it in your SOP that you choosing this particular course because its more lucrative in Canada, then you will be shooting yourself in the leg indirectly, cos the Visa officer expects you come back to your home country to come use what you have learnt from your study in Canada to benefit ot develope your home country...

Peace
I feel you missed the point of my question but anyways we meuve
Gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 2:20am On Jan 17, 2022
Olashile147:

Pls can you help me with schools that I can apply too for Msc HRM. I just want a 2 years course my brother.

Masters in Human Resources Management (HRM) and Canadian universities offering it

Google each of them to know their duration

MHRM in Human Resources Management
York University, Ontario

Master of Human Resources Management
University of Regina, Saskatchewan

Master of Industrial Relations and Human Resources (M.I.R.H.R.)
University of Toronto, Ontario

Master of Science (Management) in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
University of Lethbridge, Alberta
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 3:12am On Jan 17, 2022
I can’t believe it’s already a month since I came to canada! It sometimes still feels unreal. I remember when I was always on nairaland last year April when I recently submitted my application. Suspense wanted to kill me. I became anxious and sometimes depressed. But God did it !! I have started classes online, the cold is crazy but we are surviving. Still in search for a job. In all I am very grateful to God especially and this platform. Although I used an agent, most of what I knew was from nairaland and YouTube ! I encourage everyone here to be patient, wait and pray! Also one important thing is to belong to a group, your school group especially. If you have gotten admission you can create a group for your school as it helps connecting easier. Most people I know here currently I meet them on the WhatsApp group created since June even before my visa came out and they have been amazing!! I encourage everyone waiting and those that have been denied to refire! Lastly I will leave you with this quote “If you can dream it, you can do it” na who give up na him loose oh! All the best everyone ❤️
Oh and if you want to know more about my canada journey my channel on YouTube is “Onyeka Ukaigwe” if you have any questions my comment section is opened!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bola01234: 3:54am On Jan 17, 2022
Barakchi:
Good afternoon! You know, I have recently become very disappointed in the education system. I studied my way through college, but I never found a job, even though I studied well. College gives a lot of unnecessary and irrelevant knowledge that now can only show your level of erudition, but not useful. So I came across a great website for developing roadmaps online. Took the course and got to work. Guess what? I have already started making good money. College is not the key to success.

Tell us more about it.
Thanks and God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PAJE(m): 4:08am On Jan 17, 2022
Please can anyone guide me on how to add documents you left out after an application have been submitted and how long does it take for it to be updated on your profile. I am a December applicant and only update so far is the request for my biometrics which has been done and updated on my profile.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raiyan616: 5:49am On Jan 17, 2022
dollymon:
Graduate certificate seems better for education progression.
Thanks �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by raiyan616: 5:59am On Jan 17, 2022
Any NSCC fall 2022 , WhatsApp groups available?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MARINA49: 6:36am On Jan 17, 2022
Good morning house.We hope and pray for more PPRS landing gist this week IJN. Any whatsapp group for for Conestoga college May 2022?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 17, 2022
There are no forms, you just answer the questions accurately and submit all required documents.

You would need to apply for "visitors visa separately"

While starting, you were asked if you're making a group Application, the answer should've been yes.

hdior:
Hello house, please I am confused. I am trying to submit my study permit via the new portal. I noticed it did not give option to download and submit IMM forms. Also I am travelling with my toddler(3 years old) and even though I indicated that my child will be travelling with me, at the point of payment, the fees are for one person. Am I doing something wrong?

Please help.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Atigba: 6:47am On Jan 17, 2022
Crystal10395:
There are no forms, you just answer the questions accurately and submit all required documents.

You would need to apply for "visitors visa separately"

While starting, you were asked if you're making a group Application, the answer should've been yes.

You mean one don't need to fill those forms separately and upload in the new application website.

Please, can I have a link to the new website
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by kennyjoy(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2022
Atigba:

You mean one don't need to fill those forms separately and upload in the new application website.

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bemyperson: 7:28am On Jan 17, 2022
Good evening all, hope you had a great weekend.

I have a concern. I've been given admission for a one year program in canada. I have the money to sponsor my myself and wife, but a good percentage of the money came from family members as contribution to support my schooling which was deposited in my account barely a month ago. My question is, how do I explain my prove of fund in my LOE so as to stand a chance of been granted a study visa?

Gurus in the house please your inputs would be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by bemyperson: 7:29am On Jan 17, 2022
Good morning all, hope you had a great weekend.

I have a concern. I've been given admission for a one year program in canada. I have the money to sponsor my myself and wife, but a good percentage of the money came from family members as contribution to support my schooling which was deposited in my account barely a month ago. My question is, how do I explain my prove of fund in my LOE so as to stand a chance of been granted a study visa?

Gurus in the house please your inputs would be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 17, 2022
Good morning everyone. Happy new week. I pray we get the good news we have been waiting for this new week..

Please can anyone explain how I can upload the slip after Upfront Medical. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 17, 2022
No, you don't need to fill the IMM forms.

Atigba:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ManLikeMace: 8:36am On Jan 17, 2022
Who’s in Thunder Bay, Ontario? Please holla
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Predator188: 8:44am On Jan 17, 2022
amby147:

We are self employed, managing a registered business with good turnover, spouse and I are Co.Director with 50% shares each. Has property with registered survey plan and valuation report. Please advice?

How much do I state in my SOP as total budget for 2 year study calculating 2 year estimated tuition fees, accommodation and living cost for two years?

My DLI is College of The Rockies, Cranbrook BC. Please guys advice me more

You can state in your sop like this below;

Expenses Summary
Tuition fee ; 15,834 cad per year
Student Maintenance: 10000 cad per year
Accompanying family member maintenance :4000 cad per year

Total cost is 29,834 cad per year for 2yrs program..

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CuteCandy90: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2022
RukkyAdenike:
*PPR*alert/ Application timeline.

I am new to this platform and I've been a silent reader. Though I didn't know of this platform when I applied, since when I joined in December, I've learnt a lot from people here.
Thank you @makano for answering my question that day, I really appreciate. I got my ppr that same day so I didn't later do as suggested.
Here goes the timeline:
First time applicant

Submitted application in August 22, 2021
Did biometrics in August 26, updated the same day.
I didn't do an upfront medicals because I want to know how far my application has gone. I heard that if you are sent a medical request, then you are 80 percent to getting your visa.
So the wait began after biometrics.. I didn't think about it much because I don't want to have hbp grin though I continue praying. I didn't even bother checking my portal.
Got a medical request exactly 2 months later- October 22, 2021.
Did my medical exam Nov 9, updated to pass Nov 15.
Then the wait again.
I waited the remaining of November and the whole of December.
Got PPR on January 5th, 2022, Alhamdulillah.

Documents submitted:
- The 3 IMM forms
- LOA (unconditional) stating the partial scholarship I got.
- 4 months bank statement of my uncle and Mum each. None was up to 10 million naira, though there was active transactions on both.
- My SOP. I tried to be as honest as possible with it. It was just a page.
- Passport photograph
- international passport.

For people still waiting for ppr, it will come soon. Just don't stop praying. There is nothing prayer cannot do. It's not about the millions of naira you have in your account that does it, but God's grace.

Have a good evening y'all.

Our stories and timeline are similar. I also remember not wanting to do upfront medicals because of uncertainty. But to God be the glory it ended in praises.

Congratulations. May Canada favour us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by amby147: 9:23am On Jan 17, 2022
Thanks dear I really appreciate your advice.

Please I like to know if it's necessary to print and sign the form then upload back for online application? Or just to leave the signature parts unsigned and upload without signature?

Please see screenshot below;

Thanks again

Predator188:

You can state in your sop like this below;

Expenses Summary
Tuition fee ; 15,834 cad per year
Student Maintenance: 10000 cad per year
Accompanying family member maintenance :4000 cad per year

Total cost is 29,834 cad per year for 2yrs program..

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nues012(m): 9:39am On Jan 17, 2022
[quote author=RukkyAdenike post=109366283]*PPR*alert/ Application timeline.

I am new to this platform and I've been a silent reader. Though I didn't know of this platform when I applied, since when I joined in December, I've learnt a lot from people here.
Thank you @makano for answering my question that day, I really appreciate. I got my ppr that same day so I didn't later do as suggested.

I am completely alien to Canadian student visa, pls can you explain admission process and visa process, visa process most especially.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by nues012(m): 9:42am On Jan 17, 2022
Good morning

Pls I am new here, I hold BSc Health Education and wants to apply for MAsters in public health at any Canadian universities.

Pls kindly recommend, and give foundational ideas about the admission process, visa process too..

And if there is a WhatsApp group for Canadian school pls add me up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 9:44am On Jan 17, 2022
AbolajiBadmus:
Good morning everyone. Happy new week. I pray we get the good news we have been waiting for this new week..

Please can anyone explain how I can upload the slip after Upfront Medical. Thank you

The contents in the link below is ur plug

Sending Webform of E-Medical Sheet (upfront medicals) & Sending the same E-medical sheet via E-mail to Nairobi office (see template of the message body for the Webfrom & Email)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/260#93174797

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teekay20: 9:48am On Jan 17, 2022
Please I still can't pay for my visa fees, is there any other way? Thank you.
Crystal10395:
No, you don't need to fill the IMM forms.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by freestylebony(m): 9:49am On Jan 17, 2022
Got my original passport request letter this morning!! It can only be God. I have been following this page since I started my application last year.
My timeline as follows:

1. Submitted my online application on 30th March, 2021
2. Did biometric on the 12th April, 2021
3. Got medical exam request on 12th September, 2021
4. Did my medicals on 30th September, 2021
5. Medical passed updated on October 14th, 2021
6. My passport was about to expire so I got a request to submit a new one before 20th Nov, 2021 which I wasn't able to submit before that time because of the delay in passport as usual
7. Got my new passport on 31st December, 2021
8. I updated the new one on my account on the 3rd January, 2022 but I didn't sign it till 13th of this month; but I later got to know that since it was just showing "document uploaded but not submitted to IRCC" I was confused though!
9. I got it signed and submitted it to IRCc on my account was updated on 14th this month
10. I got a correspondence letter and original passport request on 17th January, 2022

I have started my study from naija here since September though! Going to Cambrian College in Sudbury.!!!!

P.S.: I don't know how to get my passport submitted to the VAC yet. Please I need help about that . Every hopeful applicant will smile by God's grace!!!

Anyways, I submitted the usual documents, i didn't bother to submit too much documents. My brother who is in Australia, a medical doctor is my sponsor and my mum

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (834)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.